It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj
EXACTLY alienreality. The immediate backlash to this video was so sudden and at first, not even supported by all the evidence. That's what adds that extra dimension to this issue. It's just something to keep in mind.

I should note it is THE reason I am still so curious. I was perplexed by the media's chain of reactions to this...and honestly I'm still perplexed.

Methinks you are reading too much into this media reaction.

First off they could easily just let this story go and not mention it at all.

Secondly they only had YouTube videos to view, just like the rest of us so naturally the media is gonna think hoax.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
And guys, the fact that you've been burned by past hoax videos just means you're jaded now. Not clearer thinkers. So, you probably need some fresh blood in here... ; )

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

Those could have been written by somebody's Bubbe in Brooklyn.

Seriously, I don't want to see 2 posts on the interwebs, I want to see the hundreds of eye witnesses being interviewed the next day, on TV, and the tens of thousands of Faithful lined up waiting for the next light show over the ensuing days.

Didn't happen.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That is true, Logical one. The had very limited stuff to work with, but they didn't even accurately report on that limited stuff, even when more accurate reporting would have delivered a better, more trafficked story. And this wasn't just ONE outlet. It was ALL of them. And to boot, even early on when it wasn't clearly a hoax, major outlets that normally report on great fodder like this...just didn't.

I hope it's because media doesn't want to support hoaxers. That's certainly a good reason for their behavior. But it doesn't work with the timeline of when it was clearly a hoax...it's as if the media anticipated it well beforehand. I still find it odd, could be reading into it more but I just "felt" something was off right away when the reports came on...and followed that feeling haha.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
But Springer

The media is refusing tho do anything themselves, so they're just regurgitating with people on ATS say. I'd love to see interviews, too. Who has tried to do this? No one. Not even Fox News has tried to contact the original YouTube uploader, I mean that's just an email sent over that day. That's not heavy investigating.

It's as if the media chose not to do any leg work themselves, and just let the blogosphere work out a predictable outcome...and then report it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I mean you guys are used to being burned by hoaxes and you're usually the lone wolves screaming hoax when the masses/media go the other direction. But in this case, the media called it a hoax before you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
Try to understand that the reason that some of the debunkers here at ATS are so passionate is because they have probably been burned by enough of these hoaxes that they get upset. Unknown Soldier said it all when he said that the field of UFOlogy is heartbreaking. It is. For instance I really wanted to believe (and did believe) that the 'spaceship on the moon' was real.
But now I feel more empowered. This has been a good thing.

I believed that one too... In fact when I first joined here over 3 years ago I believed everything. No doubt that I started some very questionable threads back then and stood firmly entrenched on the "aliens built the pyramids" side of the fence. I hated the skeptics. With a passion.

But then ATS did a weird thing to me. It made me a skeptic. Because you start to realize, after seeing the same types of youtube videos or stories or ufo encounters being posted over and over again, that most of that stuff is total bunk man. It's almost laughable.

You then realize the amount of people who blindly believe in all this stuff, with out questioning any of it. And the believers bash the skeptics for not having an open mind when they're the ones bringing some actual reason to the table. I know. I did it too... Blind belief is a cancer to ufology.

Funny thing is, if you truly have an open mind then you'll be able to approach the situation looking at both sides. And you'll soon realize that you can be skeptical and still believe in an extraterrestrial existence outside our own.

You seemed to figure it out much quicker than I did. ATS need's more minds like that.
edit on 9-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: quote

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
VERY well said PhotonEffect. I'm still curious in this case, but I'm not in any respect believing it's a real UFO. I don't really believe that about much - except for maybe Phoenix Lights type stuff, haha. All I know is it's fun to investigate. Doesn't have to be a bigger deal than that.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

Talk about assumptions.
Several of our members tried to contact the YouTube poster, to no avail of course. You keep saying we're "jaded", you're wrong. I would LOVE to see something that was REAL. I don't want to believe, I want to know.

My partner, one of our staffers and I spent three days (the staffer spent two weeks filming) up on a ranch that was so remote I had to rent a huge motor coach so we'd have a place to live while we were there, looking for the UFOs that reportedly frequented the place. We brought dozens of cameras and audio recorders. Cameras that film in IR too. We also had military grade night vision gear. That's just one of many "in the field" investigations we've done since forming The Above Network, LLC. Collectively we've done hundreds of others before then. We aren't jaded at all, we don't automatically assume ANYTHING is a hoax.

BUT, we don't deny one when all the evidence indicates it. We certainly don't want to promote one once it's been busted either.

You may want to check out just who and what ATS is a little better. You're new so I don't expect you to know the 13 year history.

Springer...
edit on 2-9-2011 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

YEAH! I remember that trip... that VIP coach yawl had

These guys don't look jaded to me... and looky all that equipment

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4585187f52b3.jpg[/atsimg]

It occurs to me i never really followed up on the results of that trip... my bad

edit on 9-2-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Just like Springer said. There would of been thousands of witnesses or atleast hundreds. Considering they are in the holy land, there would of been hundreds of religious fanatics claiming it was Jesus or a sign if the vid was real but it isnt. Reminds me of the russian one which i thought was a better production.

I havent read any of the comments or the thread, not out of ignorance but to keep an untouched mind over the subject.

There were a few things right off the bat that called out fake to me, The first was the reactions or the lack there of.

When the ufo comes down steadily it looked like it was going to crash. Yet no one says " omg, whats happening, what is that? what is it doing? is it going to crash? ect. . The lack of a "WTF?!" moment

Visually... I cant stand that simulated camera shake effect. No one moves the camera that much so consistently and if the camera was shaking that badly you wouldn't record anything watchable considering the distance. It would look like lighted spaghetti.

There is alot more I could rant about but those mentioned above is enough for me.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here's what i know about the media and witnesses. 15 cars pulled along 13 highway between Collins and Bolivar at 1: AM the fall of 2008 to watch a UFO the size of a mansion hovering at tree top level, in full view of the highway, under full moon conditions, with over 20 witnesses including myself ,and it was never once mentioned in the news paper or on TV.

i met with other witnesses later that watched this event on the highway and they never heard anything about it either, nor did they notify the authorities either.

most if not all UFO witnesses just watch, say wow, then move on with their lives... its just another weird anomaly in life you experience then move on. unfortunately none of us must have been prepared with camera in hand because there was never any photos or video, but i can assure you this thing was massive and could be seen for over 10 miles in every direction.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Sounds interesting...

This sounds like a perfect time to try something...

Now suppose you or any one of those witnesses did take a photo or video of this thing and had posted it anywhere online. The story gets out, and not too long after that people start trying to debunk your story and call it HOAX...

How compelled would you be to step forward and defend your story, whether you photographed it or not?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am so sorry to trouble you with this. But.... would someone be willing to adopt a noob? Namely, me. I have been having a little trouble finding my way around ATS. I do know how to find my messages. So .....any takers?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj
I mean you guys are used to being burned by hoaxes and you're usually the lone wolves screaming hoax when the masses/media go the other direction. But in this case, the media called it a hoax before you.

Quite frankly, there was an almost indecent haste to call it a hoax here. The mainstream media that I saw used two examples, one after the other. The first was the obvious still and obvious hoax version, the second was the original, without much comment. Kind of pointing an obvious hoax to something less obvious as if to ridicule anything that would come after, instead of showing the original first. Then someone here posted the original with three extra falling "UFO's, ostensibly to show how easy it was to do, and therefore a hoax. The added three did not behave in the same way as the singular original UFO, and do not it make a conclusive hoax anyway, and is very much after the fact. The idea of a still background is hard to swallow entirely, since there is also "lens flare" in motion from the lamp on the right in the immediate foreground, and all the while there is motion over two thirds of the cityscape to the right side indicated by twinkling lights. The third to the left does not show much indicated motion. The loudest voice has a natural echo from someone shouting in an area where there is a lot of hard surface with some height and distance, front or rear. The flash is puzzling, since there are several of them, in places they do seem to add detail, elsewhere nearer left, not. They do, or rather one of them, does light up the man's back, which is very much in the foreground. The scenario is bizarre, and first instinct is fake, but even so, I don't think everything is properly explained, as if one detail is left out while explaining another, although some good work done here by members to be sure.
edit on 9-2-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I felt I should address the issue of ATS having moved this thread to the HOAX bin "so early".

Looks like they were right to do so eh?

This is why I love ATS! This site helps weed out all that we should not be focused on so that we may more clearly focus on that which merits attention. There is a finite amount of intellect and focus on this world and the fewer of those intellects that are focused on disinformation the more likely we all are to find the real truth!

Thanks ATS

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am so thrilled that the ats provides not only staff with atleast 4 to 7 years of ufology college credits,but as well as degrees in how to spot a hoax.

i believe it was a ufo
me to
me three

i am going to tell you all why its a hoax because i went to school for it and i have my masters.

its a hoax
yes forsure,he said it was
yea ,i think its a hoax to because he/they said so,forget what i think.

i thought fish only fliped and flopped.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
With the MSM allowing this thread to do their work for them, I have to wonder what doors may have been opened should this have not been labled a hoax like many members legitimately requested. I can't help but feel like a once in a lifetime chance has just passed us by, for once a UFO sighting wasn't just a blurb by a local media station...this has steadily been covered since it happened. I'm not suggesting any kind of deliberate deception, but maybe had the counter debunking not been so aggressively and condescendingly dismissed, what would the media be saying now? I also can't help but feel fear of being "burned again" fueled such automatic statements of hoax. All the facts are not in and we do not know why as of yet that we don't have all the facts, how can anything be conclusive this way? I am so thoroughly dissapointed by this stance, far more dissapointed than I ever could be should I ever believe for myself that it did indeed turn out to be a hoax.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Ok I have finished my investigation and I now agree that the first video has "motion tiled edges". There is no way possible that this could be the inbal hotel. I don't like to rush to judgement and slap things together like some of you frantic debunkers.

Just because the first video has mirrored edges does not mean the entire case is a hoax.
He could have put it into some kind of software after he was done to stablize the video
or
It might have been unintentional!

I now think that video #1 has mirrored edges, for a brief very brief amount of time.

I have seen zero evidence of tampering with video #2
and I have seen zero evidence of tampering with video #4

Its amazing that some of you rush to judgement before you do any investigation.

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join