It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
admin edit: After two days and several hours of excellent analysis by the members of ATS, specifically MrMask, laymanskeptic and giftOfprOphesy, these videos have been PROVEN to be HOAXES.

Start here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and read on for all the evidence/analysis. This thread has been moved into the dread ATS [HOAX] Forum because the videos were all HOAXED.
**********************************************************************************************************************************

DISCLAIMER: Recently a very popular thread was sent to the Hoax forum, and various other threads based on the same event were deleted entirely from ATS (404ed).

The staff of ATS has received and read all complaints against this decision and has decided to place this subject back into the "Aliens and UFO Forum" so our community can investigate and discuss it without having it determined a hoax prematurely before its time

I have been asked to open this thread for all members to intelligently debate and discuss this subject further. This is an odd circumstance for important reasons. Any questions you may have as to why this thread is being reopened or why the original thread was not reopened instead will not be answered by me here.

Any questions of that sort should be brought to the attention of staff or the owners of ATS.

WARNING: Due to the possible connection of these clips with a known Hoaxer who is banned from this site, this thread may be 404ed/erased at anytime or thrown in the hoax forum if it is proven that this hoaxer is behind this event.

Greatings ATSers and visitors!

I am Mr. Mask, and I'm one of those conspiracy theorists.

I am about to tell you a story that really happened. Though I was not there when it was filmed, I saw much of the fallout after it flashed and flew away into the sky. I am talking about the Jerusalem Temple Mount UFO incident and the epic that followed in its wake.

Believers, skeptics, comedians and programmers alike battled it out in a never ending dance of dueling debate. Virtual worlds were created, laws of physics were put to test, things were said that could never be unsaid again. And at the height of its roaring climax it was sent to the Hoax forum for reasons many refused to accept.

Though I could never fully cover, nor repeat, everything said in that thread, you are welcomed to go there and read it all for yourself. At the time of me writing this- there are 75 pages worth of ATS history to be enjoyed there.

The thread is authored by csimon and it would be great if you could go flag and star that thread so he may receive proper credit for breaking this story to the ATS community.

The thread is HERE

EDITED TO ADD: I just learned it is impossible to flag threads in the Hoax forum.

Here is a bare-bones and biased recap of the facts. Just the facts.

A bunch of clips showed up on Youtube showing what appears to be a UFO appearing over Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

On Jan 28th This first clip appeared on Youtube.

For those who can't watch vid: The clip details two men watching the a glowing orb (or light) hovering high over the Temple Mount for a small while, and then descends down almost low enough to land on the dome of the temple. It rests for a brief moment, there is some bright flash that fills the screen and then the orb shoots into the sky with blinding speed. The camera then pans to the sky overhead and shows many red dancing lights flickering in the sky. Voices heard are two males who do not speak english and say "Whoa!" when the UFO takes off into the sky.Special note: The entire clip has the back of a man standing in front of the camera man and he is holding a cell phone up and seemingly filming the UFO also.

A few members quickly connected this incident to a prior incident in Utah.

Utah Jan 27th 2011

For those who can't watch vid: An ABC Channel 4 clip detailing red lights dropping a burning "firework" type object. Video of event is included.

Shortly after, other clips started to appear. The "2nd Clip" was uploaded to Youtube on Jan 30th. It apparently shows the cellphone footage taken by the second man from clip one and contains the same audio as clip one with slight differences in sound quality.

Both clip one and clip two are submitted as connected pieces of evidence and without them there can be no real discussion of this event. These are the first clips to be released of this UFO.

More came soon enough. With the next one quickly debunked and proven a cheap HOAX.

The third video (though mistakenly called "second" in its title) was of the UFO from a totally different perspective and with what appeared to be many voices. One was a lady from Mississippi. The video was proven to be a moving computer effect added over a still picture easily found HERE

The clip is clearly a Hoax and a bad one at that. Truly the work of a desperate and loathsome huckster.

Then the 4th video was uploaded on Feb 1st 2011. It shows the UFO event from another perspective and more up close. This video is assumed to not be an effect over a static image as cars move and lights flicker randomly within the city. Voices of two men can be heard witnessing the UFO "whoa!".

There is a longer version of this clip with the men parking the car with a female inside. They have a long conversation in Hebrew before parking the car. One man leaves the car and walks towards a stone wall on the side of the road. The screen cuts and then the frame changes to begin playing the shorter version of this clip.

Those are the clips that were debated and pondered on throughout the long thread that finally went to "HOAX" land. Many posters defended the the original videos but none of the later ones. Some attempted to debunk them all and claimed it already done. Some proudly sat on the fence refusing to decide until proper proof was obtained, while others swore up and down the footage was real.

Needless to say...this is not over. There has been no conclusion. Here are some note worthy attempts to debunk certain things said over the course of the heavy debate.

The ATS member named gift0fpr0phecy
Believes the image breaks Parallax and attempts to prove it with this video he made.

A member of Youtube named REALUFOCLIPS claims the above clip is false and uses this video (that he made) to attempt to disprove it.

YT member named "Zezba9000" posted this video.

The community was still undecided at this time. Many more theories, and clips, and more theories, and more clips were shared all attempting to out-debunk each other with nobody seeming to agree on anything for sure. Bringing us here and now to this thread. That is the story as I remember it, delivered here with no bias or exaggeration. Feel free to correct me where I may have made a mistake.

What this thread is is a place to continue sharing information and debating the details of the case at hand. We are ATS, we should be able to verify or disprove these clips with facts and logic- one way or another if we "work together in a civil manner" we should be able to ultimately solve this mystery.

What this thread is not a place to post off topic, hateful or otherwise insulting rhetoric nor is it a place to share complaints about ATS management or how they have handled this issue. There are proper channels for such complaints.

Special warning All references, links, or publicity given to the hoaxer suspected to be involved with some of this case WILL be removed immediately.

With that all said and done, I am sorry if this opening post was badly constructed or if it missed a lot of meat and bone of the older thread. That is what you are free to fill in here if you choose. The older thread will remain in the hoax bin while this thread will remain in Aliens and UFOs as long as there is no "sure proof" that this Hoaxer is responsible for this entire event. If at anytime it becomes apparent that all of these clips belong to the work of this treacherous scum bag this thread may go 404 or be moved to hoax as well- as the Staff see fit.

If you do not wish to post in this thread, you are free to post in the other thread for as long as it stays open on Staff's decision.

One personal wish I know you guys are not my personal genies, but if I may have one wish it would be for anyone here not to star or flag this post. If you haven't starred or flagged csimon's original thread please go star and flag him now for first bringing this story to ATS.
EDITED TO ADD: I just learned it is impossible to flag threads in the Hoax forum.

Now, if you choose to accept this mission, you are charged to take up your logic and your determination to get to the bottom of these clips and prove once and for all exactly what we are seeing here. There is a lot to post. Media attention, points of view, debunking and verifications.

Some say this is the biggest event of the year while others call it the year's first big hoax.

I personally hope to see a definitive answer given in light of true ATS workmanship.

I'd like to end this post with thanking every poster in that thread weather we agreed or not. It was a great bunch of hours talking about UFOs and mysteries with the best think tank on earth. I had a blast and hope it continues here.

See you in the pit.

MM

edit on 2-2-2011 by Mr Mask because: I bad do no?

edit on 2-2-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

edit on February 3rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: clarification of vids

Another job well done by ATS. The videos have been debunked. Here's the post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-2-2011 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by Springer because: Moved to [HOAX] Forum

edit on 2-5-2011 by Springer because: spelling

edit on 7-2-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Though I was not there when it was filmed, I saw much of the fallout after it flashed and flew away into the sky.

Could you elaborate on this please? What do you mean by fallout? Are you in Jerusalem?

edit on 2-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Very nice summery with a good dose of Mr Mask Style . You sir remind me a lot of Harlan Ellison , hehehe. And , by the way, its a great Idea to start this topic afresh for debate

The one video I would like to add to the OP is the one made by discl0sur3 . It kinda makes you go huh ! Well , it makes me go Huh ! anyway )

edit on 2-2-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Consider me very intrigued by this development. However, I cannot flag his post. I suppose that is a result of the fact that it is in the HOAX area. Any ideas?

Also, I think you presented this well. I have only watched the first video, and have not as of yet watched the other related videos. I will do so now. Thank you Mr. Mask

Also...

Originally posted by Mr Mask
One personal wish I know you guys are not my personal genies, but if I may have one wish it would be for anyone here not to star or flag this post.

I thought you asked everyone NOT to star or flag this post?
And yet.... you already have multiple stars and flags. Interesting!
edit on 2-2-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Great Job MM. I think that you covered the most important areas of the debate.
And so let the debating continue.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Can someone PLEEEZE post a version you can pause so we can see this frame by frame? There's a lot of smart talented people here and someone has to have that technology, otherwise I'm just gonna watch The Nanny for the next two hours.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It was like seeing your favorite
mini series canceled, But i see
it has returned! Thank you Mask
and let the debate press on!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

The "fallout" I make reference to is the madness and chaos that was this thread here-HERE

The thread that first began this epic saga of UFOs over Jerusalem.

There was an Infinity Guantlet for heaven's sake!

Really...near the end.

MM

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I've searched this on google news just to see if any news orgs have been reporting it and it has indeed begun to pick up steam. I'm on the fence but I'm starting to lean towards it being a real event. I myself had a sighting 4 years ago and it was daytime and it was something that was not of this world and if it was whatever nation owns the technology is far beyond anything known today.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
To me im still convinced this is a viral HOAX. I have seen more then enough error in these videos to come to such a conclusion. With every hoax there will be people not privy to the facts. This is what gives it such momentum. After all this staged event is powerful in so many ways with religious undertones merged with ufology together. I can imagine many people feel inspired by this footage, they will defend it vigorously to the end. I went in to this thing as neutral as i could but the (certain hoax website) involvement is hard to ignore. It stinks, many people are not aware of spammer ******* ***** (certain hoax website) and it's history of hoaxes. For this to be authentic it has far too many hoax traits even by coincidence I see that being impossible.

My points are indexed here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am still interested in this and would love to be wrong but I have yet to see that happen. As far as I am concerned nobody has led any credence to this rather shown it as a sham the more.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by Mr Mask

Consider me very intrigued by this development. However, I cannot flag his post. I suppose that is a result of the fact that it is in the HOAX area. Any ideas?

Ok...yeah, I was unaware of the fact that hoax threads can't be starred or flagged.

I am sorry but you can't go and flag csimon's original post.

I will mark that in the OP.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Extreme Pilgrim , with the amount of time and expertize that would be involved with hoaxing the three videos , that thought makes a lota sense to me IF these were indeed hoaxed . Wait and see if the angel angle is reinforced I guess.

True, with the world focus of the Mount I would expect that there SHOULD be a vast number of security/CCTV cameras focused on the site. That, along with the camera happy tourist teams should mean that there will a flood of feedback if the event was genuine.

The Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt and their ilk could certainly use this as a religious tool to lever themselves into power. Was this the return Archangel Gabriel/Michael ushering in the Imam Mahdi?

Much has been mentioned in the past of the use of supposed weapons such as Project Blue Beam, but can something like YouTube be just as useful in the right hands to steer public opinion?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of UFO videos...none that are very convincing...most that are outright hoaxes or airplanes/helicopters/stars/sattelites.

And I do know that the source this is linked to is a known hoaxer (just had a big hoax about an Egyptian archeologist claiming they pyramids were linked to UFOs).

But these videos...multiple videos...showing the exact same thing from different angles...makes me go hmmmmm. Honestly...I'm kind of in "wow" mode right now.

Could this be a "real" UFO???

I would say if it is a hoax...it has been professionally done. Like someone else said...a viral marketing tool maybe...it would have to have that level of professionalism and money put into IMO.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm so glad everyone is back. Thanks, ATS, Mr. Mask, Comedian. I am with MindSpin. Standing by.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

I would say if it is a hoax...it has been professionally done. Like someone else said...a viral marketing tool maybe...it would have to have that level of professionalism and money put into IMO.

I find it hard to believe that a company/advertising agency would use such a site as the Mount to plug their wares. The potential for repercussions from fanatical religious groups would surely have had to be considered by their think-tanks when devising such an idea. If this is a fake, it is very well made, well co-ordinated and being plugged by all the major media outlets in tandem with the Egyptian uprising.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

After googling Harlan Ellison I am honored.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Does anyone know how this is being treated by the local news in Jerusalem? Does anyone know if their news has interviewed any eyewitnesses?

link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

You know I never thought of that? The Security cameras yes! You would think the area would have as many security cameras as the area around the pentagon

Where are other witnesses? Still the kids that took the footage have not come forward and talked to press have they? Funny how this surfaces in wake of the Egyptian uprising. I will admit these videos are very well done however there are several errors editing and laws of perspective broken in them. I could suspect agendas and point fingers but, this has all the signs of an elaborate hoax. Maybe a well funded one, there is no such thing as a perfect hoax none the less.

link   
Please see my latest post on page 79 at the bottom. Could be something, could be nothing.
Abovetopsecret

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join