It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thank you for re-posting this entry. I had forgotten about it in the ensuing maelstrom. Pezza, if you are out there, I for one would be very interested in DBUNK1.0. I think it would be really cool to have a linux distribution geared towards this. How about 'Debunculus Linux Live USB!"? I think it could fly.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Your going to be proven wrong on this case that its not a hoax very soon. I am working on a few details that could break this case open again. this case is not dead.

Just like the Turkey UFO footage you will be proven WRONG in the end!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Everyone was sure the Turkey UFO footage was a hoax just like they do with this.

Now we know the Turkey UFO footage was not a hoax.

Do you guys see how your quick judgement comes back to bite ya.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
Now we know the Turkey UFO footage was not a hoax.

How exactly do we know the Turkey was not a hoax?

Your going to be proven wrong on this case that its not a hoax very soon. I am working on a few details that could break this case open again. this case is not dead.

You said that before... that you have it all worked out... yet you never produced anything to show us the proof you claim to have
edit on 9-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Because we proved it and just about everyone knows now that it was not a hoax.

I assume you have not spent time on it.

I have.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One thing I want you guys to be cautious of is this...when dealing with a subjective subject matter like UFOs, and especially considering that there could very well be a cover up of it all...

Video analysis only gets you so far. Even if you're totally accurate with it, you're still looking at a secondhand video. And this Jerusalem UFO case really brings this point home: if government was to release hoax videos alongside a real video, you'd really never know. My point is analyzing video evidence only gets you so far.

So, we can agree or disagree that the case is dead...but we still must look at all the evidence that is there, not just one aspect of it. In this case, we don't have any more than the videos really - so I don't blame you guys for going off that alone.

But let's not pretend like video analysis is any more than that - analysis.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

I am going to come clean on this. Just so that Paradigm2012 does not feel entirely foresaken. I also cannot shake the eerie feeling that this ain't over. I mean we are still here, right? At first when I came back yesterday it just seemed like one of the gangs (debunkers vs. believers ) had won and the victors were just waiting at the end of the block with ball bats so they could clean up the stragglers. But today I don't know. Even after all I have learned; when I go back to look at the accursed videos there is something that pulls at me. It must just be 'residual belief' or cognitive dissonance or the like.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

When the ONLY items to be studied in a case are videos you're not left with much else to work with.

That is the biggest tell to me that is a hoax, there is only four videos, no hundreds or even thousands of people who saw a light like this over a piece of real estate that is one of the most sacred on the planet to millions of people.

This could be taken as a religious sign for millions of people, yet nobody has come forth who saw it. It was over a hugely populated area that is also one of the top tourist destinations on Earth, yet nobody saw it...

No witnesses, nothing but 4 videos that all have problems in the reality department. Nobody saw it because it only exists in pixels.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You know what it is...I love UFO stuff, but I actually have no believe about it either way. There hasn't been hard proof either way that I have personally experienced.

But there is something fishy about this particular UFO sighting. Does it mean there really was a UFO? No, not necessarily. But maybe someone is gauging how we're reacting to this or something...

I found the media reporting of it and the oddball hoax video that went along with the uploads to be red flags for me early on. The media's IMMEDIATE labeling of it as a hoax, even before your video analysis had been done - when there was just that still image issue - was really ODD. I mean that's not even good for traffic, so why not tell the whole real more compelling story doesn't make sense. AND the media that did pick it up was really limited, and all said the same stuff.

I also still find it really odd that no one from the area has come out to say they were in area and didn't see the UFO. Not even "the UFO could have been there, but I didn't see it" you know? haha. And in fact the only local reports we do have are actually supporting the sighting. So, that's not much...but yes this is ODD.

There's just something weird going on. May not at all be related to massive government conspiracies or UFOs, but something is just not adding up yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
and the weird coincidences that only I have witnessed..

the Twitter account popping up for the UFO, then linking to Space.com later on (right around time it's called a hoax)...maybe Space.com just put the twitter account together. Either way, why is no one noticing these things haha.

The blog post going down
These don't prove or indicate anything, but there just 2 things that I'm apparently the only one in the entire world web who has noticed. That makes me wonder...what else are people not noticing? That's all, haha.

And btw I really can spell and write well, it's a major part of my job. I'm just typing too fast.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

No we are here because we are bored and there is a lack of any real evidence. I can see why many want to believe but seriously the Turkey UFO with aliens that appears in the same spot several years in a row and not ONE person got into a boat to get closer in an area covered in boats from row boats to high speed launches?

Well people can believe that is the real deal, or this one can go on for another 100 pages, but in the end it will be like the Ca missile... it will never be settled till the hoaxers fess up

And now MUFON director gets fired...

UFOlogy is going down the drain... at an accelerated rate

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
And just remember guys, if they are talking about it in Jerusalem, it wouldn't be in English. And it might be there on the Internet...if media isn't picking up on it, you wouldn't know about it. It's hard to search Hebrew keywords I'm finding.

It's funny cuz some people have been saying the UFO is too small to be a UFO...which of course doesn't make sense...and then others say how could others have missed this clear sighting? You just can't win haha.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It must be the religious connotations that are leaving the lingering aftertaste. It's true. If it were real there would probably be devotees of all types swarming the dome of the mount and it's environs; shaking and fainting and drooling and killing each other and all that. That's the final nail for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
But you have no idea how clear this sighting was? There was only a split moment when there was a "flash" - and it was 1 am at the time. Some of the biggest anti-UFO people are saying the UFO specifically was too small to be significant.

Again, I agree with you...why aren't more coming out about it? But no one here has searched local sites to see local conversations. You're all just making assumptions about first of all how clear the sighting was without limited context of camera, how many people saw it at 1 am, and how people who did see it would react. There have apparently been forum posts from locals who say they've seen it. Plus, if there was some kind of crazy cover up, who knows how witnesses woudl be silenced?

I'm not making a case here. I'm saying it's all assumptions and speculation.

There strikes me as something very different about this UFO case, and it might just be the weird/inconsistent approach of the hoaxers..or that there are TWO hoaxers and that's why it's so confusing. Or that there's somethign else entirely going on and someone's curious about how we'll all react to stuff.

But there's something off, I do have a feeling more will come out - either to totally prove the hoax or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah. Same here. Bored. I really did just realize that if this were real Jerusalem would be thronged right now. There would be a tent city. There would be security issues. There wouldn't be enough Porta-Potties. I am so glad I hooked up with ATS.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj
And just remember guys, if they are talking about it in Jerusalem, it wouldn't be in English. And it might be there on the Internet...if media isn't picking up on it, you wouldn't know about it. It's hard to search Hebrew keywords I'm finding.

You forget that we have members on ATS that live in Israel... some have already posted in this thread. I am sure they don't need translators for local news

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
reply to post by zorgon

Because we proved it and just about everyone knows now that it was not a hoax.

I assume you have not spent time on it.

I have.

Not to get off topic here, but since you're comparing the "validity" of the Turkey case to this one, I have to clarify:

Is it possible that all you and others proved was that the Turkey video was "real" in the sense that something was indeed filmed and that the video wasn't faked or created using CGI effects? But in actuality you never proved what that something was?

You didn't prove it was an alien space ship. Fact remains the object could very well have been misidentified by you and others as being alien when in reality it was just a boat or something.

I think it's incorrect and somewhat misleading to state what you're stating with absolute certainty and I would exercise caution in applying that same methodology with this case. Since the evidence is stacked way against this Jerusalem event being real. Despite what you believe.
edit on 9-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well, I'd love to hear from some Isrealis who were in the area at the time. If there was so many who could've seen it, there are so many who could've "not" seen it. Even though believers could say they're lying to help gov't cover something up, I think that'd be the best bit of evidence this debate ever received ! Maybe that'll happen in time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah. Same here. Bored. I really did just realize that if this were real Jerusalem would be thronged right now. There would be a tent city. There would be security issues. There wouldn't be enough Porta-Potties. I am so glad I hooked up with ATS.

EAXACTLY

Remember the last time a shining object was seen over the skies in Jerusalem? And that was only witnessed by three Wise Guys... That was over 2000 years ago and it changes history

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Is it possible that all you and others proved was that the Turkey video was "real" in the sense that something was indeed filmed and that the video wasn't faked or created using CGI effects? But in actuality you never proved what that something was?

That is the way I see it... the film was real, but no one proved it was real aliens

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

I think we will soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join