It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

Do you honestly listen to yourself? You're clearly something other than lucid.

admin edit: removed diagnosis
edit on 2-9-2011 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
reply to post by Kali74

There appears to be a lot of weight pressing these videos down. Almost every large media source that has mentioned this story will talk about the 1st and 2nd video and then use the third to debunk them all. Here we are, 150 pages of discussion and debate without a clear and defined proof that one of these videos are a hoax let alone all three, yet and we are still doing it in the the hoax forum.

Quantum, have you asked yourself this question:

It's been over a week and as you say most if not all major media have called these videos hoaxes.

So why isn't the originator of this video up in arms and putting himself forward to the media with his ORIGINAL footage and subject himself to a polygraph test?

Now you might argue, that this guy prefers not to put in the media spotlight......but if that is so, why is he posting on YouTube in the first place?

If he wanted to remain anonymous, I am sure most TV news networks could accommodate it.

So yes anomalies in the video, and indeed the audio in these videos does certainly lead one to believe it to be a hoax, but the actions or rather lack of actions by the originator of the videos to prove to us that these videos have not been tampered with or fabricated merely confirms that that these videos are not genuine.

Also remember we are led to believe that other people videod and witnessed the event, so where are they?
And why haven't they similarly put themselves forward to any media.
Normally the tv news media don't have trouble tracking down witnesses to say, tornadoes, or airline crashes........
but they have had no luck tracking down witnesses of what if genuine would be an astonishing story.

It looks like hoax, and smells like a hoax.......so there is no reason to think otherwise.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I should add that any people who come forward now as having seen it are suspect at best, in on the scam at worst.

As Zorgon pointed out, ATS is a global site with several hundred thousand visitors from outside the U.S. each month, in this very thread there are posts from members in Israel and there was nothing coming from witnesses immediately after or even within the ensuing days.

Think about it.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I still think the media reaction to this event was really weird. I'm not saying it means there was a real UFO. But why is no one perplexed by it?

Barely any major outlets cover it, even though early on it was one of THE best UFO sightings ever. With lots of fun implications. HUGE traffic potential. But barely anyone covers it? And from the very start - like before you guys even tackled the main videos - they label it undoubtedly e hoax because of the one still image, and in fact many outlets ONLY reported on that one, not even mentioning the others or how different that one was compared to the others. And of course the Space.com article is one of the most linked "HOAX" articles, and then it appears on the Twitter account for @THEJerusalemUFO a few days after account is created?

I mean the media is usually the one that jumps to dumb conclusions, and yet they're doing the *exact opposite* right from the get go? This isn't how they treat other UFO sightings...I mean I'm telling you it's weird! Maybe it's just an odd week for the press because they're distracted by the Egypt stuff, who knows! But why am I the only one picking up on this?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So now that I am fully cooked and ready to be served I would like to add some parting comments. I'm really going this time. Honest.
Believers! Do not be disheartened. The most important thing to take away from this is that it is a Human event. I know that for all those that needed it, like me, that we have all learned and improved here. I am very grateful to all of the 'power-posters' who helped to straighten me out. My approach to trying to understand this stuff needed a serious overhaul. That's no way to go through life. If I had known what was happening here I would have logged on a long time ago.
Try to understand that the reason that some of the debunkers here at ATS are so passionate is because they have probably been burned by enough of these hoaxes that they get upset. Unknown Soldier said it all when he said that the field of UFOlogy is heartbreaking. It is. For instance I really wanted to believe (and did believe) that the 'spaceship on the moon' was real.
But now I feel more empowered. This has been a good thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
And I'm sorry, but you can speculate in any direction you want. If you believe there was a cover up, you could easily speculate somehow the witnesses have been silenced. I mean what if the cover up got under way before any of us even really processed it?

Again, I'm not trying to prove a point. But you can speculate in any direction. Some of the first critiques that came out where why would someone see this at 1 am randomly in this spot...and then later people were saying why didn't more see it. I go with the latter...but speculation is just that, speculation. It isn't proof of anything?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj

I also still find it really odd that no one from the area has come out to say they were in area and didn't see the UFO. Not even "the UFO could have been there, but I didn't see it" you know? haha. And in fact the only local reports we do have are actually supporting the sighting. So, that's not much...but yes this is ODD.

Are you listening to yourself hootli?

Why would people who didn't see it report the fact they didn't see it?

Not everyone in the world makes it their top priority to debunk a YouTube video.......only us lot here and other similar forums do that.
As for local reports supporting the sighting, not sure if there are any local reports that support the sighting.

If there are please tell us where they are.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Great points Logical one,

And just to expand on that:

If we're to believe that all of these videos were filmed and witnessed by different people, (at least 4 of them) then why haven't any of them come forward?

I could understand if the first guy is a little shy in defending his video to the masses, but are we to believe all of them are just sitting back and not coming forward to defend what could be easily considered one of the most incredible UFO encounters ever? (if of course it were real
)

If this really happened the way the videos say it did then they would be feverishly defending it.

No one likes to called a liar, especially on a global scale.
edit on 9-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I already have. One ATS member went and dug through HEbrew message boards and found testimony, which was posted in the link I gave before. I don't know if it's real testimony but it's all we have so far.

And really I was just putting myself in an Israeli's shoe. If there's a major UFO sighting like this in Austin over a certain landmark and I was in the area the time of the siting (walking around, or in my house) I probably would chime in at some point in the conversation. The lack of response from locals is curious, either way.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And oh my gosh guys, you are NOT being logical.

1) We for sure know most the videos are fake. So of course no one's gonna come out about that. So, that means we only have 1 possibly authentic video...and if there was a cover up, which of course you'd have to believe that at this point if you believe in the hoax videos and the genuine video...then the one obvious witness would for sure be silenced. So that train of thought just doesn't make sense.

And all other assumptions about how many people could have seen this, adn how they would have reacted, are just that...assumptions... again, I'm really agreeing with you guys here. I'ts just frustrating to see these people who claim to only care about logic or evidence then abandon it to get a point across.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
One thing that bothers me about this case is how much effort counter intel has spent debunking and professionally crafting refuting evidence to make stuff like this fade away into the hoax bin of the planet, in the past...

Not saying this isn't a hoax, but knowing how the US gov. quashes ufo evidence, and how good they really are at doing just that, makes me wonder about this case...

Plus there are some stories that they purposely injected hoaxed footage into the streamline of this particular story to discredit it.. again, I'm not saying that's what happened here...

With the total pollution this story has gained for itself -it won't matter either way..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
EXACTLY alienreality. The immediate backlash to this video was so sudden and at first, not even supported by all the evidence. That's what adds that extra dimension to this issue. It's just something to keep in mind.

I should note it is THE reason I am still so curious. I was perplexed by the media's chain of reactions to this...and honestly I'm still perplexed. Yes the evidence that the Jerusalem UFO is a hoax is very mounting. But that doesn't mean there aren't other elements to the story...maybe there is some movie studio hiring multiple hoaxers to get across some weird confusing message. Anyone's guess!
edit on 9-2-2011 by hootlj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I already have. One ATS member went and dug through HEbrew message boards and found testimony, which was posted in the link I gave before. I don't know if it's real testimony but it's all we have so far.

I read that post about the testimony quotes but they were only about 2 of them, and it sounded like one came from the YouTube uploader himself.
There was another one, but he said he did not see any flash......so even if true.....I wouldn't call that a testimony supporting the videos shown.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Broken translated English would probably sound like the original YouTube uploader.... no? Exactly how is it that you're so wise that you can compare two bits of text from Hebrew people and decide that they are the same people? You guys just know EVERYTHING. It's almost comical, ha...

Didn't read the account of the guy who didn't see the flash - did he just not see anything at all? If so, that's exactly the sort of testimony we should expect to see if this were a hoax - so def evidence to add to case. See, that wasn't so bad? Doing some investigating!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
One thing that bothers me about this case is how much effort counter intel has spent debunking and professionally crafting refuting evidence to make stuff like this fade away into the hoax bin of the planet, in the past...

That is always the answer isn't it? "counter intel"

The only hitch to that theory is that there are many here on ATS who not only are believers but actively spend hours a day researching and looking for evidence. THOSE people find hoaxters to be the lowest form of life on the planet... because all they do is muddy the water.

So when true believer call it a hoax... all of a sudden they too are disinfo agents. With this kind of mentality, the government doesn't need to hire ANY agents... the hoaxers and blind believers are doing the work for them... for FREE

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

You my good soul are not "cooked". You have just learned what some of learned, through fire as you so astutely speculated, before you did. Most of us (I can't speak for everyone here obviously) have in deed been "burned" by a hoax at some point in the past.

One of the edicts I had for myself when we started The Above Network, LLC (our company that owns ATS) was to do whatever we could to get the spotlight OFF the hucksters, charlatans, hoaxers and con men in the hope it would keep those who need to believe closer to their hard earned money.

Reading your post (linked above) has literally made my day.

WELCOME TO ATS.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Broken translated English would probably sound like the original YouTube uploader.... no? Exactly how is it that you're so wise that you can compare two bits of text from Hebrew people and decide that they are the same people? You guys just know EVERYTHING. It's almost comical, ha...

Didn't read the account of the guy who didn't see the flash - did he just not see anything at all? If so, that's exactly the sort of testimony we should expect to see if this were a hoax - so def evidence to add to case. See, that wasn't so bad? Doing some investigating!

It's nothing to do with broken English!

I may be wrong but the person seemed to be suggesting that he videoed the event, and he didn't care if people believed him or not.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be really smart, too, of the government to get us all distracted with some hoax videos while real crazy UFO # is happening? Ha. I'm just amused by the thought, not actually saying that's what's going on...but yeah we should probably be paying more attention to stuff like this, just in case that's what they're doing !!!

thegaiantimes.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Okay, I guess I just didn't get that from the testimony - that he filmed it. But yeah, if that's what he says, that makes sense! Just didn't get where you were coming from...ha...thanks for clarifying.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
And heck, I'll just repost the translations, because I'm not agreeing with your "take" on them...so just sharing with board:

I was in Jerusalem on the date in question with another 3 people saw the same thing just from somewhere else (we did not get to see the flash, but certainly the object red lights.)

To tell the truth
I did not believe in aliens
I’m religious and wrote here and the message just because my friend referred me here (after we saw the video)

People who wrote videos are fake:
If Photoshop is just a hobby, then that’s fine.
But if this profession, I do not think you have a bright future ….. Don’t let anyone hoax, it’s real to report – c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y true.
I do not know if it is aliens or a new plane, I can assure you that the clips are real.

&

First
I do not care what the guy who uploaded the video said, and I do not care what they said in the news

I know what I and 2 friends we saw with our eyes (the same thing exactly, especially the red lights and white light before it went down [when it was down we did not see it because we were in a lower position compared to those who took the video])

Believe, don’t believe I really do not care
Those who want to know we were in the park which is located between King George Street and Manasseh ben Israel

In my opinion it is some new unmanned aerial vehicle not tell us about it
That could be unleashed a kind of lighting bomb (white light) and the red lights of the drone.
Not everything is straight aliens aliens

Although there is no mention in the Bible aliens (does not say that exist and it doesn’t say it doesn’t) but probably not aliens.

& I wrote from the very beginning we have not seen this thing when he was close to the Golden Dome (at first he was very high in the sky and everyone saw)
It was also seen in the sky we saw what we saw, Say what you want
The red lights also seen
All Jerusalem talking about it and you think you invented the wheel here

In any case I think it’s a secret tool of the IDF’s no such thing as aliens and all that crap.

www.ufoeyes.com...
edit on 9-2-2011 by hootlj because: added source

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join