It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

you should be ashamed of your selves.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
how the f are theyb allowed to deny federal legal tender for fees?

Well, it's like this. The government knows that cash isn't worth the paper it's printed on but your bank account is the answer to their money woes.

"This note is legal tender for all debts public and private" except when it comes to paying the government.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

ITA...Now i am NOT religious at all and do not like religion as i believe it divides not unite,BUT there is so much stuff they predicted in the bible that seems to be happening today it IS scary.....I think some of the people who wrote this stuff were very psychic....What you said could very well be true.Gives me goose bumps.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
People can still get a prepaid credit card,including the terrorist so i do not see how at least for now they can track people.....I bought one as a gift,oh ya you pay like 5.00 fee so that would not be good to pay bills with i guess but terrorist can use them and NOT be tracked....I gotta go google this dhs and cash and read that.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

If they don't take cash and the people do not pay with a card they will shut there utility's off.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I am guessing that most of the people pay online and do not even know about this.
edit on 29-1-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by midniteracerx

Its all services, water garbage ect.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
WOW, never in my life would i think to see the little town of Discovery Bay, a town i live in would be the number 1 talking blog on ATS

HaHaHa....I know huh!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
Wow. So many thoughts on just one article. The first think that comes to mind is not letting people buy or sale without the sign or the mark of the beast. The second was that they cannot refuse legal tender. But then I remembered that the Dollars are not legal. In article 8 of the United States Constitution the Congress will "Coin" the money. There is no legal basis for anyone to "Print" money.

"Coin" is a verb in this context and so does not convey any particular form of which that money should take.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

This could be something to do with the fed crashing, ...

You are spot-on! TPTB are prepping their puppets for the when the real shtf. It's just around the corner imo.
When the other countries (namely who we buy oil from) see that our own government isn't accepting their own cash, they will also refuse U.S. dollars.
Oil jumped over three dollars more a barrel due to the riots in Egypt and the value of our dollar fell another 11% just before that.
We owe, we owe, it's off to work we go, lol.

Peace
SL

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
As soon as we would get forced into paying electronic only i would close all my bank accounts and divert to criminality.

If it's the only way to maintain SOME form of privacy, then so be it.

Edit to add:
Don't get me wrong, in my opinion a resource-based economy is better then a monetary based one. The good old 12 cows for 100 chicken has always worked fine so getting rid of money would actually be a good thing in my opinion. But since it's baked into society and economy as it is, we're stuck with it and they can't just "ban" it.
edit on 29/1/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
haha wow i live in discovery bay.......its a small comunity of people. less then 5,000 i would say. I did not know this was going on. wow how funny

That's just disturbing.. you live there, only 500 people, and you DINT KNOW this was happening?

They implemented it overnight or what?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
That's right folks. No need for cash.
Just use credit or debit to buy into your own slice of Orwellian goodness.

and debt

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The 9/11 was meant to happen and was ordered to happen so that these laws will be easier to put in place. I think it was a great move by our government.

Sorry but u'r just sick, you should've been in one of those buildings when they collapsed if you think it was a "great move"

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Its a pretty pathetic excuse really, if i lived there and they refused cash from me, which is what a debit card technically is because it can be withdrawn from an ATM, i'd simply not pay the bill and record me trying to pay it by cash...they refuse to take your payment, its their loss, not yours!

Exactly, if the one you owe money to refuses your payment done in a LEGAL form, the debt goes void.

(at least in NL)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse

This is worrysome... what if in the next decade or so they completely rid the system of paper money and use just credit and debit. You'll not be able to to purchase, visit, or donate to something without TPTB knowing who, what where and when. Now all we need is a transaction card or an implanted chip that has our personal information, health care issues and financial status and transaction ability all in one. Then we'll be a police state. Control... control.... control... They'll be able to stop people from donating to things such as Wikileaks and Wikipedia if they wanted to. They'll even know what kind of items you like so they'll know exactly what kind of advertising to bombard you with.
edit on 28-1-2011 by PsychNurse because: spelling

Cloud computing networks make all this info available in a package already.

All systems are connected, you guys are IN a police state but sadly the majority doesn't notice it..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idotwhat
This should get the red flags going.

Hopefully most Americans won't stand for this siege of our hard earned money.

I myself like cash cause it i can feel it, smell it, taste it if i wanted to. The point is that its tangible like this and I have control (somewhat) over my money.

If money becomes e-money its game over. This is when freedoms will really start to be striped cause they will have total control over us. Sure things might be easier and seem convienient but at what cost.

For safety...... You want safety then every American needs to start practicing thier 2nd amendent right and start straping.

If 99% of Americans had a gun on them you think people would be robbed anymore or half the crimes would still exsit.

sure accidential death may go up but all other crimes would surely go down.

Imagine if this were the case and everone did pack some heat.

Then think, 2 idiots walk into a bank with some guns tring to rob it and thiers 30 people in the bank with there own guns.
the robbers announce thier gonnna rob everyone in the bank and the bank itself.

Instead of being scared, whimpy, soft Americans that we have become over the decades and dropping to floor screaming and praying to god for safety.

Those 30 people would laugh at those 2 fools and all at the same time would pull out there guns and point them right at thier faces and say you better think twice knuckle heads.

You think if this senerio played out more often people would even try these things anymore.

Yeah they probably would still but, because in general people are stupid lets face it. Would it happen as often as it does today

NOT A CHANCE!!!!!

This actually reminds me of a "story" in the old west where 3 bankrobbers picked the wrong town and got shot into oblivion themselves. I agree totally with your opinion that a legally armed populace makes a country safer.

Nobody with their head at the right place would use their arms at the wrong time. Maybe something to think about, people of the USA, because it seems like they are closing in on you faster and faster. And when the population of the USA succumbs, so will the world (since they generally DONT have the right to arm themselves)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by glaucon

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Uhmm yeah this is a huge nono.. Business cannot refuse to accept cash as a form of payment. Its illegal to do so.

Reader the Coin act of '65:

en.wikipedia.org...

"On the other hand, coins made of gold or silver may not necessarily be legal tender, if they are not fiat money in the jurisdiction where they are preferred as payment. The United States Coinage Act of 1965 states (in part):
United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.
—31 U.S.C. § 5103
This statute means that all United States money as identified above are a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor in the U.S. There is, however, no Federal statute that requires private businesses, persons, or organizations to accept it as payment for goods and/or services.[18]"

ONE ONLY HAS TO ACCEPT CASH IF IT IS DOLLAR-DENOMINATED DEBT.

Yeah and im pretty sure that u'll pay your water bills in Euro's in the USA

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

To tell you the truth, I would rather a person's wealth be on their credit, responsibility, and worth, than it be on a piece of gold. A man and the sweat of his labor is worth more than the gold he finds with it.

no it's not, since practically all money values worldwide are based on gold and silver.

Apart from the EU/USA (NWO) money ofc, they are based on EACHOTHER after they got implemented.

No precious metal value WHATSOEVER, only trade and stock values.

This is bad in whatever way you look at it, even IF it was to prevent fraud or illegal immigrants, the govt is denying their citizens to pay with LEGAL forms of payment.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by pirhanna
"This note is legal tender for all debts public and private."

This will be overturned as soon as someone takes it to court. It's the law of the land that you can pay cash. It's on the money. It's certainly not the most convenient way to do so, and I'm sure there are those in government that would like everything everywhere to be tracked (ok, most of them), but the fact remains that they are in opposition to their own laws.

It's on the money.
edit on 28-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

OK, so I just tested your theory (that it is the law of the land you can pay cash) and I put a random DVD into my cart at Amazon.com. According to your theory, there should be an option for me to send them cash in the mail for the purchase. I'm going to assume you already understand that Amazon, an American company with distribution centers all over the United States...wait for it...does NOT ACCEPT CASH as a form of payment.

Amazon.com is NOT bound to your constitution since they have a EULA (end user license agreement). If you are a customer of Amazon.com you have to AGREE to the fact that payments can only be done in electronic form.

Since the USD by law is still legal tender in your country, all business having an office where you can make payments are OBLIGATED to accept the USD as payment, not doing so is illegal.

People can twist and turn around it being to prevent terrorism and illegal immigration but that's not the bottom line here. This will just be an extended form of the patriot act, now focussing on money transactions instead of travel.

WAKE UP FFS AND STOP DENYING.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join