It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think this is flag ot som kinda notice, shoing the FED, corporations and credit card comapnys are continuing to be up too no good. they want cash gone* so cards are used, so your forever in debt. thast what this news sounds like to me

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Uhmm yeah this is a huge no no.. Business cannot refuse to accept cash as a form of payment. Its illegal to do so.

The interesting thing is that if this is allowed to go ahead, they could very well be responsible for crashing the US Dollar.....why.....because if local government will no longer accept cash, they are effectively saying the cash has no value.

This could be something to do with the fed crashing, which if it did you mean new notes would have to be printed and they might not exchange them!

What ever the situation, it is illegal to refuse Fed Notes for private or public debt!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
how the f are theyb allowed to deny federal legal tender for fees?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
people, stop fear mongering...

first....
take out a dollar bill...at the top you will notice it says "federal reserve note"
what is the federal reserve... does it happen to be a bank?
therefore, if you have US currency, you are using a bank...

second....
the privacy issue... before you pay that water bill that they no longer are accepting cash for... look at the envelope it came in... does it have your name on it? does it have your address on it? even if you were to pay with cash, they know that you paid with cash... you are not exactly flying below the radar are you?

third....
paper or digital, its a different representation of the same thing.

the mark of the beast is something that you get when you are practicing your "survival skills" and you run into a bear.

after reading all these replies, i think i am going to change my life path. i am going to go into psychiatry, advertise here, and make big bank... (and yes, i will accept cash) lmao

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
People like me who can't get and don't want a cc have formally been erased from this equation. How would people like me pay for things?

Watch this town collapse.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
People have their blindfolds on, the cash system is on the way out, and the government will cause everyone to use their new system in order to buy and sale.

The government started implementing the system with ATM debit cards, just think about it!... Now, how many checks do you write to pay your bills at the current date/time?

Now you see my point, everyone is slowly being conditioned to accept the system, and you are going on about your daily business as usual. I bet most of you don’t even think about having more than a few dollars on you for miscellaneous items and yes I do know a few people who never carry cash.

To make things even worse…The last job I had would not issue a personal pay check, it had to be direct deposit or I didn’t get paid. I knew then the world was headed in the wrong direction.

I’m partially wrapped up in the system myself, and have noticed that when the bank pays my bills about 99% are electronic payments now…I have one local business that they have to send a check to monthly, it was just a few years ago that that number was less than 35%.

Today, I run my own home business, I only except check or cash…how will this system affect me in the future, I don’t know yet???

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Only reason i have an account at all is to cash my paycheck. once it clears i withdraw all but 20 bucks to cover a few months maintenance fees. Since it is usually to cheaper to buy off ebay or online than local for most, whenever I need to buy something I buy a prepay simon giftcard. Accepted everywhere visa cards are.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
HEY TYPICAL ATS FOOLS, READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO INTO "STUPID CONSPIRACY MODE"

Discovery bay is **NOT** a city. It's **NOT** incorporated. It does **NOT** have a "regular" city type government.

IT HAS A "PRIVATE" GOVERNMENT

It's only a census-designated place... and a community services district.

A Community Services District (CSD) is a governing body that can be formed by residents of an unincorporated area to ensure that basic service needs are met. Some Community Services Districts provide water, sewer, police and fire services, garbage collection, recreation, landscaping, street lighting, mosquito abatement, graffiti abatement, library services and more. All services not handled by the CSD are managed by the County.

Discovery Bay is basically a private community that is attempting to govern itself.

The CSD Of Discovery Bay manages the Water.

YES! IT'S A PRIVATE WATER SYSTEM!!

.... OKAY! Now that that is out of the way, and you realize you aren't dealing with a government, you can now change your stance and start arguing (wrongly) that CSD's can't not reuse money.

That will happen untilsomeone with AT LEAST HALF OF A BRAIN posts something from the (GOOD LORD, It's on the FAQ section of the US Treasury - I guess it's not so frequently asked here) US Treasury regarding businesses accepting currency. I have exactly half a brain, so I might even post it later.

Oh, and HERE. Thank me later for having exactly half a brain. Most other people in this thread seem to be running on 1/8th or less.

It's the whole CALIFORNIA GOVERNMENT CODE PERTAINING TO CSDs

niacreative.com... GOVERNMENT CODE pertaining to CSDs.pdf

HOW IRONIC THAT THE TYPICAL CONSPIRACY SHEEPLE ON ATS ARE TRYING TO LAY THE HAMMER ON A SELF SUFFICIENT COMMUNITY THAT HARDLY RELIES ON STATE/FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!!!

edit on 28-1-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I have free checking, ATM/Debt/Credit cards...don't understand why you don't change banks, there are a number banks that will give you free checking and bank card., then you wouldn't need to buy/use a gift card, which is still just another form of electronic transaction, if you do that you could use the back card online or withdrawl your cash from the bank as needed.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Dont forget the tax on every bank deal you make. Or thats what they were trying to do a couple of months ago. Get rid of the cash and they have us all stitched up.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I don't think it matters where it starts at, community area, district, whatever...if it works for them it will spread to other areas.

When you want something to grow you just need to plant the seed, tend to it, then watch and see if it lives or dies.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Shdak because: misspelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I live in a small town, there is only one bank lol. BMO, nothing I could do about it without driving 40 mins to the nearest city. If I did that I would have to worry about gas money, and the RCMP is all over there. They might try to pull me over for no plate, I would rather not be in a high speed chase, even though I would probably get away lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Been there done that...even out- foxed the police in a chase… a time or two in my life, anyway, I know what you’re saying.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

It is now illegal in some cities in the US- such as Cincinnati- to panhandle or beg in the street unless one has a LICENCE. Imagine that! One has to get permission just to beg for money. And, of course, there is a database somewhere accessible by the IRS with a list of everyone that has a licence..... watch them find a way to tax spare change...... even homeless paupers will have to help reduce the deficit.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Most banks these days only give out free accounts & services to customers who keep high minimum balances. Before some of the reforms began being put in place after the 2008 crash, most accounts were free for everyone because the fees for bounced checks and other problems were sky-high. Now that things like debit cards have to refuse a sale if a purchase would overdraw an account, accounts are being charged for - usually a six dollar a month fee on up. There were so many sneaky unfair fees the US government had to crack down.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

Absolutely- and think of the young people under age 16 who cannot legally work but do whatever they can to earn money to help out their parents because their Da lost his job, or are trying to get an early start on saving for college. They deliver newspapers, collect cans for recycling, babysit, walk dogs, & do lots of other small jobs that some people don't have time for. The sad part is when I see things like the family in my neighbourhood- a husband, wife & eight year old son- who push a grocery cart around the streets looking for cans together because the father was laid off & hasn't yet found work. How would they survive?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I don't think it matters where it starts at, community area, district, whatever...if it works for them it will spread to other areas.

When you want something to grow you just need to plant the seed, tend to it, then watch and see if it lives or dies.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Shdak because: misspelling

The seed was planted in 1965 when the federal law was created which stated that federal reserve notes are legal tender. It said nothing about being the ONLY legal tender. Contracts allow ANYTHING to be legal tender.

What's taking so long man!?!?!?!?!?

There is no federal law that states individuals, private business, or organizations... EVEN GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS need to accept federal reserve notes.

This is true unless there is a STATE law declaring it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Holy sh*t, i live 15 min. from discovery bay.....Now that's a little to close for comfort.....There in contra costa county so i wonder if it will expand to all the other city's here?....I pay by my card BUT I want the choice to do either or....I need to go read the rest of the article.s&f

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420

the privacy issue... before you pay that water bill that they no longer are accepting cash for... look at the envelope it came in... does it have your name on it? does it have your address on it? even if you were to pay with cash, they know that you paid with cash... you are not exactly flying below the radar are you?

Obviously you didn't think this through.

In your scenario if paid by cash somebody would have to access the water companies record system in order to know how much water you used.

Those working in the Water Company would only know where you live and when you paid your bill as it is not connected with any other entities.

If you pay with a credit card your card number will now be on file. That file means anyone with access to that information can abuse it - that is certain water company employees or any hacker who happens onto their network.

The biggest difference is that somebody with access to your credit card can now see what residences you pay water bills at as well as other bills all by accessing one record. Otherwise someone wanting that information would have to physically do the leg work in order to obtain that information.

By looking at your credit card record every transaction you make becomes connected to every entity you do business with.

Again, if you use cash somebody would have to follow you around or find all your receipts - if you didn't burn them in the fireplace. If you have two or three residences as many older people do they would have to do allot of work to really know how much water you use wouldn't they?

For all intensive purposes taking ones ability to pay in cash essentially removes a large portion of privacy from their life.

Privacy is an inherent human right. We even have a Constitution that reminds our government of that. Where I spend the fruits of my labors is my private business. I'm not required to keep a ledger of every dollar I spend.

edit on 29-1-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
FEAR MONGERING..THIS POST SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join