It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
bump

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You do all realise everyone who pays with cash is tracked just as easily, as they mark you as "Paid" in their system. This is probebly more to stop "loss / theft" by employees, stop the need for bank runs, etc..

It's for practicality, not to track you via debt card when they are already tracking you via the database they keep track how much you owe them.. Think about this logically.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Many (if not all or most) airlines require credit cards for on-board purchases. Like beer or snacks.

Must be some nefarious government plot. God forbid they learn I had a bag of Doritos. Shock. Shudder.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
something that should be watched...and all the trolls come out with 'it so much faster with a card' nonsense....how long does it take? 10..15..SECONDS ?!? i was just behind a guy at a convienience store trying to pay with a card, took 5-7 minutes because of worker error and customor stupidity....

the ONLY reason the govt does not want cash to be used is because it is annoymos...use a card and it goes into a data base for future business use....the comapny 'walgreens' says that in order to recieve discounts and sales, via cupons, one must registar with the company, it is free but if you do not you will not recieve any dicounts via sales or cupons..why is that? its all about tracking what we do, what we buy, what we sell.....this info is sold to companies to try to increase thier profit at your expense...

i just got done thwarting the 'american community survey'..which is just a data gather ploy to sell to busnisses...no different than not letting people use cash to pay for things.....

it is a sign of the new world order...no cash..you will just have 'credits' in a bank account somewere.....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
something that should be watched...and all the trolls come out with 'it so much faster with a card' nonsense....how long does it take? 10..15..SECONDS ?!? i was just behind a guy at a convienience store trying to pay with a card, took 5-7 minutes because of worker error and customor stupidity....

You have a rare talent to so efficiently prove your own point moot.

When you deal with morons, please don't insist on applying reason.. Which is exactly what you tried to do.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Airlines are privately held companies. They don't HAVE to accept cash.
A city is a public entity, and must.

As an aside, the DHS don't accept American Express......

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Airlines are privately held companies. They don't HAVE to accept cash.
A city is a public entity, and must.

Just "must"? Why? I don't see any strong evidence that it "must". It's just another decision for any organization, what payment instrument to use.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Taking a calm approach to this news as I can sort-of see it from a logistical standpoint.

Cash transactions are a pain in the ass, not to mention a bulls-eye for crime.

Ask yourself this....if 7-11s didn't accept cash, would they still get robbed (as much) ?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

because it says right on dollar notes legal tender goverment agencies by law have to honor the notes because they are legal tender

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I dont see what the big deal is I never use cash anymore, I prefer using a debit card.. You can always go to walmart and purchase a prepaid debit card and use it to pay.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Legal tender for all debt's, public and private.

I've had people try to refuse my cash before, but they've always caved. I don't use banks for anything other than cashing checks and a safety deposit box. I have a checking account and a debit card, but I rarely use them.

Using them is like giving your phone number to a cashier, they can now track your purchases.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join