It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Residents Hit With Government Ban On Paying By Cash

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Its all part of the 'change' that they want to bring about! Its the 'new economy'!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Uhmm yeah this is a huge nono.. Business cannot refuse to accept cash as a form of payment. Its illegal to do so.

Nothing is illegal in the usa so long you dont get caught

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It's only illegal if the Justice Department chooses to enforce the law -- so far, they only enforce laws on people who rob a Quickie-mart or rob a bank.

The bigger crooks who own the banks and launder drug money -- not much more than a slap on the wrist if it gets public outrage.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Is everyone here twelve or something?

Read it properly...

to pay for public services

And yet 90% of replies completely ignore these few words and automatically assume that the use of cash throughout has been banned.

No wonder so much BS makes it to ten pages of rubbish here, people don't bother to actually read.

What's the difference?

Paying your water bill or paying your beer is in essence the same... it's just a small step from "public" to "private/commercial"

Imo it's just a test, and meant to be implemented on a much bigger scale in your entire country.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
One of the disturbing aspects that is "supposed" to be in H.R.4173 - Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
is the real time reporting of credit/debit transactions (good luck finding it in the stupid thing).

I'd suspect that this would be a test case for that. As soon as the thing passed, I started doing everything I possibly could in cold hard cash - including savings.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Of this you speak the truth.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

At this rate people should just be given credit cards for free as a government service.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Uhmm yeah this is a huge nono.. Business cannot refuse to accept cash as a form of payment. Its illegal to do so.

It's the civic "government' that's proposing it and as we are all aware, governments have been known to blatantly ignore the law !

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Silver mostly- "Junk" type. It is still "tender" and any bank knows that the value of your 1962 quarter is worth... $.25. This limits exposure to higher tax rates (You only received $20, and not $400), and is sitting in your pocket doing the opposite thing that the paper money is doing: accrue value instead of devaluation.

Other things are barter. Some really good barter networks are developing, and there are still variants of the Liberty Dollar here and there.

Its still in its infancy, but there are alternatives for the determined. Health Savings Account cards that cannot be cashed can be used to pay for medical services for others, frequent flyer miles...

Where the rubber hits the road over and over, and I have yet to successfully defeat the challenge is - purchasing gasoline/fuel & bullets/powder. When once I find a gas station that accepts something other than Matrix-backed paper, then the battle will be won.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Well sorry to tell you but gold only has value because people say it does. I see no value in a rock. I see value in a human being. a person is worth more than a rock.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It sounds like they are paving the way,for the mark of the beast. I would refuse to buy anything in my area,if they did this in my area. Just to give them what they deserve,i would make all purchases in another county,and if everyone did this,the local economy would collapse.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sooooo, what are people without bank accounts and/or credit cards supposed to do? This doesn't make any sense. The only form of money that can be guaranteed is cash. It costs money to run credit cards, checks are not guaranteed, and not everyone has a debit card. I don't get it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by proteus33
how the f are theyb allowed to deny federal legal tender for fees?

Well, it's like this. The government knows that cash isn't worth the paper it's printed on but your bank account is the answer to their money woes.

"This note is legal tender for all debts public and private" except when it comes to paying the government.

>> I think this is a bit more innocent AND arrogant; it's just a small municipal group of bureaucrats who figure that Government needs to not be inconvenienced by the people. Rather than have to deal with tellers and moving cash -- it's much easier to have their credit card scanner and dictate to their "customers" how they are to be paid.

I see the same thing with our Electric bill and other utilities that are a SINGLE SOURCE -- or captive customers. You have to pay THEM the way they want. Any other company, allows you to use credit, debit, check, cash -- whatever. But if you have to make a last-minute payment with the power company, you have to send it through "My Cousin Vinny's" money service, and tack on another fee for the convenience. So whatever costs you money that they can skim, or saves them from having to bother with another credit service -- it doesn't matter.

If the public gets riled up in that county, and embarrasses whatever person in the local government thought it was OK to skip cash -- it will change. But if one person just complains they will say; "I'm sorry sir, that is our policy." As if POLICY were a magic word for "F%%% YOU, and take it like a man." I get more dirt-bag policies with my mortgage banker that puts payments in a third account while fining me for whatever penalty their policy dictates for being $10 short.

This is just typical when any group has customers without control.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Uniform Commercial Code says no no.. a refused presentment may be retracted without dishonor. Pretty much by them not accepting cash = you don't have to pay the bill

And the next month you won't have to worry about even getting a bill. The services will be shut off immediately after your honorable act of putting it back in your pocket.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris7opher

When will they make Pot legal?

>> I figure this comment is half in jest -- but it IS a real issue. About 10,000 people die every year as "collateral damage" as more and more drug busts accidentally hit the wrong house or the heavy-handed violence claims bystanders.

About the time when the news is reported by hot, topless women -- seriously, that's what they did in Russia to get people to watch the news (like ratings mattered, right?).

The prohibition against Marijuana was primarily to stop HEMP from stepping on the Paper Companies' profits. I think that came from the Hurst news empire (as in the Patty Hurst who was kidnapped). Also, DuPont was pushing synthetics, nylon and plastics, and hemp is much better for clothing than any of those -- so, another dent in profits.

However, the "War on Drugs" started with Reagan -- and it was just another way to sneak in a Police State. The more police and SWAT get into violent drug busts -- the more they get shot at. The easier it is to militarize the group. Already, you can barely see a human under the black flack jacket vests, helmets and safety visors. You put a mask on people, and they start to reduce their empathy -- and if you are faced by such faceless enemies, you are more likely to panic and respond with violence.

If Drugs were legalized, they'd have to empty out half the "for profit" prisons. Fewer judges and police -- fewer reasons to bust into people's homes.

>> So, after the Police State is irreversibly in place -- THEN drugs will be free or plentiful, to help people "cope" with the New World Order. I mean, does any pundit even bother with the old line; "drugs are illegal to protect the health of people"? No. Because when the EPA helps polluters, the FDA helps drug companies get out from liability, and the all the rest of the agencies are co-opted by Lobbyists and Lawyers who now run them -- the idea of "public health" is a joke, and only the most blatant rube believes them.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Xcathdra

if you would read the DHS provision they can and will, come may there are 5 five city's county's that will no longer accept cash as payment under the act/ provision. why do you think the Ca town is doing this the DHS has forced them too and they do not want to admit too it. Macomb county in MI is an other one no date is set.

I went to the DHS website and put cash in the box and i can not find what you are talking about.....Could you please post a link to the exact thing you are reading so i may understand this......As far as i can see this is a small city 17,000 people and the council members are doing this for THERE benefit.....Which may be illegal and i would hope all people there would challenge this in court.
edit on 29-1-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: changed no of residents.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

well that is one long bill WOW!!!! some of the sections should be read, by ATS members , this would open eyes help them understand what the LAW is,( yes it was made LAW )does i would put the sec but then i do not know how, i will start with the the sec 170 171 sec11, according to them, sec. and law, bill was signed by POTUS July 15 2010, 7 years is what we have before the dollar goes to way side and go to the credits sys.

edit on 29-1-2011 by bekod because: word corection

edit on 29-1-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

you have got to put "use of cash" in the search box with out the" just the words that should bring up a sub header, homeland security narrow your search should see 1-20 of 527, in blue you should see things like tracking cash, cash transactions,ect. HTTP line is long

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join