It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This drunk idiot was chased for miles, putting innocent lives at risk, her car was still running and a punch in the face should have actually been a bullet to keep her from driving off! If she would have hit an innocent child, you would not be insulting the cops and their actions.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I have seen diabetic patients get low blood sugar or high blood sugar and act drunk when they were not really drunk.

The attitude, 'if she breaks the law and resists arrest, she deserves whatever she gets" attitude some posters have is really disturbing to me.

That's not the way the law works. Cops are the ones that are supposed to arrest people, juries and judges are supposed to be the one to decide what their punishment is.

Hmm? So you are saying the cops should have a diabetic test kit to test her before punching and that a manic schizophrenic aimngi a gun at a innocent person should be allowed to shoot the person so he can prove himself in court? Give me a break! The punch in the head did not kill her and is a heck of a lot safer than getting tazed.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

was she drunk?
Her alchol Limit was?
how many miles was the cops chasing her?
A 58 year old woman?
Ive seen Good cops stop a chase withing Minutes on a 26 year old Male
and your telling me She would have killed children??????
You all Presume many things,
Lets see the videos of her doing any of those?
No?
Ok well the Video i saw was that of a Police officer Having a rather upsetting Rage fit Because she did not want to do what he wanted her to do. Sure she might have been reving the car, Sure she might have been swearing at the cops, Sure she never stoped when they told her to, Sure i Dont fully understand the American Laws, Sure I Am not from Your country So to be fair All i can Say is from what the vid Portrays is that of the Cop brutaly hitting her for not listening to him. Oh and i never saw the car move once while being blocked in, so if she was gonna drive away then the car would of moved after the first shot to the face, or even when the taser came out.

Guess we will have to wait for the investigation to be complete

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Basically they need to be setting better examples for the people they are to protect. There is always so much animosity with the police forces because they allow these type of people to ruin their image. I dont think that all police are bad but some are and they are allowed to coexist with those who are not bad. Now just with this video they have lost more support from the older of the nation due to this ignorance being broadcasted im sure globally by now. Mental evaluations need to be taken more serious with these types of public workers as to prevent some from joining with Gang mentality who feel they can do what ever they want with a badge. This goes all the way up into military service to others and is why so much evol is able to exist on Earth because many are in positions to service others but when they feel no ones looking they are all about selves or $$$$$ or LAWLESS behavior.

They should of let the lady decide if he should be paid or not since its HER tax money paying him

edit on 1/24/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The news does it all the time. They do not distinguish between not being charged with a crime and the charges being dropped when it comes to court. There is a big difference but it has nothing to do with the amount of force used in this case.

The charges have nothing to do with whether or not the force was justified.

If she was fleeing in her vehicle, she is committing a crime. There is no challenge to the legality of the stop or whether the officer had reasonable suspicion to do so. They got a quote from the woman in this case and all she complains about is being punched. If there was a question to the legality of the stop then that is the first thing she would have complained about and the first thing the news would have reported on. So, based on the facts that you have provided it was a completely legal traffic stop.

If she was fleeing in her vehicle, she has also demonstrated a complete disreguard for the safety of herself, the public and the officers that are forced to chase her. Many things can go wrong in an instant when you have someone using a vehicle with a complete disreguard for other's safety. The police boxed her in and now have to remove her from control of the vehicle as soon as humanly possible to stop the threat to themselves and others around. By running, she has already demonstrated that she is not going to follow the orders of the police officers so she has to be forcefully removed from the vehicle as quickly as possible and with the least amount of force required to do so. The vehicle is still in drive and one push of the pedal COULD run over an officer, push a police vehicle over an officer or she could break free of being boxed in and the pursuit could continue and COULD result in her killing someone. She was struck in the face to stun her and prevent her from having time to move the vehicle again allowing the officers to then remove her from the vehicle and end the pursuit.

If she broke free or was ramming police vehicles and put an officer in enough fear for his life or another officer's life, she could have been shot. I do not see how anyone can argue that using a vehicle in this manner is not deadly force.

This should be investigated like it is but it should be a non-issue and anyone that looks at this situation with a level head can come to the conclusion that the officers did what they had to.

I thank all those that agreed with me on this subject because obviously those are level headed people that understand that, although its not pretty, sometimes the police have to use force to end a volatile situation.

However, I do not agree with the people simply stating "if she wasnt a criminal then she wouldnt be in this situation" or "she got what she deserves." Just because someone is a criminal does not mean they deserve to be punched in the face. And it has nothing to do with "deserving" anything. The police took the actions necessary to stop the actions of this person.

It does not matter if you are black, white, man, woman, young or old; if you are behind the wheel of a car demonstrating a wonton disreguard for other's safety and you are demonstrating an unwillingness to cooperate with the police, force will be used to remove you from the vehice.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

So you are arguing that a police officer should have discharged a firearm in an attempt to disable the engine block of the vehicle?

You sir are rediculous. You have watched one too many movies and have no idea what real life is.

First, a handgun probably would not disable a vehicle with one shot. Unless the officer is familiar with the workings of all makes and models of vehicles and their engines and has the accuracy under stress (and luck) to place a round exactly where it needs to go to disable an engine, this is impossible.

Second, the fact that you would argue an officer should discharge a firearm in an attempt to disable the engine block of a vehicle rather than simply strike the driver in the face and pull them from the vehicle is simply amazing.

What if the officer misses and strikes the driver, or another officer, or an innocent person in their house? You are arguing the officer should have used more force then he did which should be completely against everything you stand for. Unless you are a mindless police basher that has absolutely no common sense. I have replied to some of your half brained posts before and based on your track record I can probably say the last comment about you was true.

It is sad that you can not be objective about a subject enough to apply rational though. You see anything that police do and use irrational knee jerk reactions to fuel hate filled posts that anyone paying attention and not thinking like yourself can see have absolutely no substance.

I am not simply angry that you disagree with me. But if you do, please use rational though and intelligence to do so.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is a top story here , and a lot of replies. Obviously it seems a lot of police officers come here and comment hoow great it was . I have to ask them what they are being so proud off and what was amiss in their upbringings that they think like this .
To stop a drunk person is great work, but to assault maime and kill is not correct action . its all about developing pride , real pride in couragopus rightfull acts . Not the acts that you have made up in a video game or the endless acts of violence you have been programmed with since you were wee children , But real mral codes of conduct befitting a MAN and a protector of society.
This is an honour to do so and there must be a sense of honest pride in ones actions . If you no longer know what honest is , then you must listen more to that inner voice that is always tellling you and stop blotting it out with drugs and intoxicants .
please become human and decent men that we can all be proud off .

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Seventy-four police officers were killed last year by a criminals vehicle or chase in 2010 alone. Thousands have been injured on the job by the actions of criminals. I am not a police officer but I lean their way when it comes to violence and criminals. I used to ride with a local department and was involved in many chases. I can tell you through experience, the adrenaline and fast pace of the chase is frightening. I have seen some cases where the officer is wrong, but to automatically blame the cop, while not knowing all the facts, is ridiculous and irresponsible. Most cops are good and a very, very few are bad... My wife was pulled over last week for a malfunctioning brake light and three officers appeared for backup. The let her off with a warning and I was happy to know the officer had backup. Last months murder of a local deputy is a prime example of why they should always have backup.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

What the police officer did here was wrong. If you see or become privy to a police officer doing something wrong,it is your duty/obligation and or responsibilty to report that behavior to the proper authorities. If you dont, you are in fact "obstructing justice" and should be charged as such. Since your post is entirely "on-topic", and your experiences riding around in a vehicle insured by taxpayers are directly pertaining to this cops behavior...did you report "the wrong things you personally witnessed" youre friend the cops did?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
The Police State isn't coming....

It's already here.

Pretty much what I concluded from reading these posts. Im thinking , heres alex ones trying to warn all you awaken american citizens that you are about to be taken over by the awfull communist brutal Chinese , who abuse human rights all the time . Well he need not watse his breath, you people dont need the chinese for that to happen as you have already embrace whole heartly the concept and actions of a brutal rough justice system.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

here piggy piggy.... Let me see if i have this correct? she was justifiably beaten cos she didnt wanne open her window? or stop when the cop said stop?
You live in a sick world little people, string the cop up by his ankels and beat him.

Well if thats all you've gotten out of this whole thread then I suggest you either read it again or refrain from posting until you can join the discussion in an adult manner.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I agree she was boxed in already... she had no weapon (although a car can be used as one), however 53yr old women vs. a**hole cop...? He could have subdued her with less force, not to mention they ended up tasering her so...

But then again I wasn't there so I guess my judgment from an outside view isn't necessarily right, but it sounds to me/looks to me like it was excessive.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

I agree she was boxed in already... she had no weapon (although a car can be used as one), however 53yr old women vs. a**hole cop...? He could have subdued her with less force, not to mention they ended up tasering her so...

But then again I wasn't there so I guess my judgment from an outside view isn't necessarily right, but it sounds to me/looks to me like it was excessive.

The officers didn't know she had no weapon at the time. Once one runs from the police in a high speed chase all scenarios are on the table IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Now, if our local LEOs had delusions of godhood or suffered from contempt of cop this could have ended much differently. As it was all they did was shut his car off, remove him from the car and cuff him. No injuries. But the point is, they never think beyond drunk driving. Those suffering from Epilepsy, alzheimer's, diabetes.. the list goes on... can all appear to be drunk.

...i dont understand your point "they never think beyond drunk driving"... your story proves thats not the case because, otherwise, they wouldnt have let your husband (the wrecker driver?) intervene...

...people who appear to be drunk but really have a medical problem are not always easy to handle... some can be exceptionally strong and very dangerous not only to themselves but to anyone thats around them...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If the police man didnt know she had a gun or not while he went to her window like that to continually hit her, then he is an idiot and thank god he is alive and she wasnt a terrorist... :p

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The officers didn't know she had no weapon at the time. Once one runs from the police in a high speed chase all scenarios are on the table IMO.

signature:

I beg to differ with you. In fact they were aware she had possesion of a potentially deadly weapon...her car. I guess my question would be is, having this knowledge, why did they get that close to the vehicle instead of standing back, training their weapons in her direction, and waiting her out? I am sure some of you will have a good reason.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
HEY

THIS GUY WAS SERIOUS WHEN HE ASKED EVERYONE TO STAY ON TOPIC.

That means no more name calling.
edit on 24-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join