It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Please tell me where the woman in the first video assaulted an officer. I saw it on tv, and I saw it on my monitor. I did not see an assault. Even the report that's circulating around the internet supposedly made by the police at the scene states that she locked her hands onto the steering wheel and had to be tazed and punched to make her let go. Where is the assault?

Xcathdra, I'm not excusing this woman's actions. She was most definitely in the wrong. I only disagree with you about the amount of force required to bring her into compliance. As I said, the lone officer used one punch to protect himself from two women who were fighting him. Two officers used differing means of bringing one woman into compliance, one being the tazer and one being repeated punching. They also had two additional officers as backup. Yes, the car could have been a deadly weapon BUT they had her boxed in pretty tight, even fully accelerated her car was going nowhere fast, they were beside her car and not in front of it, they had the broken window through which to fire the tazer. The situation was basically under control before the officer beat her in the head multiple times. He could easily have pried her hands from the wheel without punching her over and over. Notice I did not oppose the use of the tazer. She was resisting arrest after having failed to stop. The officer allowed his emotions to overrule his good judgment.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

Actually the Officer stated in his report that the lady refused to roll her window down, she refused to turn the car off. The Officer stated she had the gas pedal floored in an attempt to move the blocking cars.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

ok.... Its called chain of custody and preservation of evidence. See in this country we have a FEderal Law called HIPAA that prohibits Hospitals from revealing certain information to law enforcement. So we take the person to the hospital, they are mirandized and read their implied consent. If theyh agree the blood is drawn, placed in as evidence, and it is sent to the regional crime lab to be processed.

We have standards that must be followed in order for the evidence to be accepted by the court..

But hey, by all means keep making the comments. I enjoy a good laugh from people who defeat their own arguments and then fail spectacularly at a putdown.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
reply to post by macman

The charges droped to clear cop? bogus!!! i think a Video posted on the story to the media cancels out the opertunity to hide it from the public.

And news flash if they got it on camera the victim doesnt have to lay a case.

What are you talking about?
I never said it was to clear the cop. It is common practice in most PDs now to settle out of court or dismiss charges to an extent in order to avoid a civil law suit against the PD. Even when the PD and LEO is in the right, they bow down to save many.
That is one of the major reasons why I quit LE.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Assault on an officer is "any unwanted physical contact". Resisting an arrest is where an Officer says turn around and put your hands behind your back your under arrest and the person fails to comply.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? The videos were posted to serve as an example that simply trying to pull the lady out of the car while drunk is not as easy as people make it. It also serves as a base reference for use of force when dealin with drunk females. Just because the suspect is female, does not mean the guy is going to win all the time.

Have you ever been in a pursuit, boxed a car in between 2 patrol vehicles, and fought with a drunk female in an attempt to get her out of the drivers seat? You use the term easily, and its anything but that. Its not as easy, or as safe, as you are portraying it.

As I said earlier, we are going to have to agree to disagree.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What should be done is: fire him, hang him upside down, punch him in the nuts 53 times, let him down, hug him and give him a ham sandwich on his way to jail. And then a kick in the ass just so he don't forgit! I'm so sick of cops. I laugh every time one is killed. And no I don't give a crap about their family. I care more about their countless victims. If we all carried guns there would be no crime. (and for the smart asses almost no one in the old west carried guns).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So now noncompliance is viewed as and treated as an assault whether or not an actual physical assault took place? Really, this is the definition of assault?

Edit to add: No, I have not been in the situation as above. I'm not even going to say in the same situation I, with 100% certainty, would not have punched her either. I'm human, just as they are and as susceptible to allow my emotions to overrule my judgment as anyone. I will say that had I done so, I would have been in the wrong and would not try to justify my actions.

edit on 24/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
That woman's car had to be pinned between 2 police cars before it could be approached, & even then, according to this account, she kept the engine on high rev & held onto the wheel, trying to free the car to continue onward.

Things that I think came into play here:
1. Totally irrational behavior by someone piloting a motor vehicle, whether or not it was in relation to instructions to stop given by police;
2. No one can be sure that a car with the accelerator floored (you can hear it in the video) is definitely going to stay pinned between two other vehicles. At any time, it could have broken free, & spun, out of control with the sudden freeing, striking & killing anyone close to it;
3. The police officers were fresh off a pursuit situation, their adrenaline flowing, confronting the driver of a two-ton potential weapon with engine still revving, the driver apparently determined to break free & drive off. This made them the aforementioned people close to the car that could at any moment move in an unexpected direction.

IMO, this definitely does not compare with a cop banging a demonstrator's head against a wall just because he's pissed, & just because he can. There's no way I can find a reason to say that's understandable behavior on the part of the cop, whose training alone should dictate a reasonable response unless there's a clear-cut physical threat on the part of the demonstrator.

Am I applauding the actions of the officer toward the car's driver? No, it sucks that situations like this happen. However, given what was going on at the moment, how is the later dropping of charges applicable? What difference would that have made if the car had broken free & killed someone in the process of doing so?

At least in this one situation, is it really so hard to see past the uniform to the guy whose only thought at the moment may well have been, "Oh God, please let me stop this crazy f**ker before she kills me"?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

So now noncompliance is viewed as and treated as an assault whether or not an actual physical assault took place?

Uhm no.. Its treated as resisting an arrest. Assault on an officer is any unwanted physical contact. The ladies actions met both criteria. Contrary to popular belief assault does not need to be a fist, a bat or any crap like that.

What I fund funny is how anytime an article is posted on this site about law enforcement actions, people are so quick to condemn the cops, whil ignoring the incident that got the cops involved in the first place.

If a cop tells you to turn your car off, you do it. You dont leave your window rolled up while mashing the gas in an effort to escape.

Please refer to the 10 others posts I have made in this thread answering your same questions.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Get use to it,we live in a Gestopo environment and it is only going to get worse..
I use to support police giving money to Fraternal Order of Police but no more..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You said she assaulted the officer. Now you are calling it resisting arrest. I called it resisting arrest as well. I said there was no assault and you posted this:

In both videos, you have a female resisting an arrest during a tense situation in addition to assault on an officer.

Please just show me where she assaulted the officer.
edit on 24/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

You are a complete jackass. There's a reason cops have tazers and mace. A tazer was even USED on her. There's no justification for him pummeling her in the face repeatedly. Just shut up before you make yourself sound like a bigger idiot...please.

A tazer should have been used. As for your name calling it makes you the "idiot" not me. Go play with the kiddies on the jungle gym hater.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamgodtron

Things like this are never going to stop and will happen more and more often.
If we protest they send the riot police, if we write our congressman, the letters
are screened and never make it to its destination. Public outcrys are not even
effective anymore. Revolt? That wont work, the there would be martial law and
mass death. To many variables against the public....its us against them.

Typical argument of a slave.

So what is your solution then... NO solution, I presume? To let them abuse and destroy the lives of innocent people? To let then beat and rape you kids, why not?

Popular revolt not working, eh? When was the last time you seen it in USA? And don't think the Tea Parties are anywhere close to that...

On the other hand there are places like Greece, Argentina, Iceland, where the people revolted violently against authority, especially against its repressive foundation, the Police and there are very few cases of abuses against common people over there these days.

You want to know the police's little secret? They only attack the weak, the defenseless, the homeless, or the people who obviously won't file huge lawsuits against them.

Taking back political coertion in our hands, COLLECTIVELY, is what scares the hell out of the police. On the other hand, places of high individuation like the US is a haven for brutal cops, since they always get to be all united against one or a few persons.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I agree, if she would have got away ran over a child in the street it would have been far worse. The officer like any of us felt danger, as would I if someone might run over my foot or into my knee or worse. In my opinion the officer reacted the only way he could...she was hitting other cars and needed to be stopped.

We are not perfect and officers are not the highest paid for the danger they are in. Try to imagine yourself in his shoes and tell me what you would have done differently...?

I was a Marine Sniper in the Marine Corp, I am highly trained for scenarios where I am under alot of pressure and I can tell you your addrenaline and basic survival instinct kicks in and some of the training goes out the window.

I wish he could have found a better way than striking her, but better his hand than a baton, better his hand then his gun. Pepper spray would have made her more histarical and should have just gunned the accelerator and hit anything she could.

Just my opinion but not all cops are bad...far better than the ones I see day after day here in Colombia or Brasil...we are very lucky to have the law enforcement we have.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Umm, no, but IT WAS JUDGED in a court of law, and thrown out. "May" just be the judge thought any further justice, could be viewed as "double indemnity", since the officers at the scene provided her with a heaping dose of street justice. By the way, anyone else think the officer punches like a girl (sissy)? The prosecutor of that county had a option to file charges on behalf of the county/state...but chose not too. Much of the reason for these ongoing problems with the LEO's, is deriliction of duties by the prosecutorial staff. One more thing, I noticed the assaulting officer reach up and mess with his radio on his shoulder at around the 1:03 mark. Not that this is relevent, but Im wondering if he turned OFF his radio, just prior to beating the woman like the sissy that he is? This cop needs to be thrown in jail, where any self-respecting convict, would give him a dose of the same medicine.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Don't water your garden in the desert: You vegetables DIE
You resist police officers: You get the crap beat out of you.

This has been going on for hundreds of years. Just because we have video and youtube instant capabilities doesn't mean there's a rise in police brutality. You people need to get jobs. 18 pages? No wonder we're in a recession, we're not productive.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Castaway

I have an idea, all you move to Antarctica...? Just a thought...better yet name one country in South America that has a better and less corrupt police...? no how about Africa...? no how about Russia...? no how about China : ) ...no how about India...no how about Iran hahaha....no how about....N.Korea...hahahahaha

I purposely left out Europe because I believe they are very similar to our police depending on the Country...but hey if you cannot find one that I listed...pray to your god for what we do have...!

And I have no love for police, just respect towards the good ones...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry but the amount of ignorance shown in this thread by fools making statements like "Don't break the law, and you won't get punched and assaulted by the police, herp derp." there's ZERO excuse for his actions, he is abusing his powers and some of you fools actually defend and promote his actions, you clearly aren't ignorant in the least. /Sarcasm off.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Ramming a police vehicle is assualt.. Period.. Assault with a motor vehicle.. Next?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join