It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have seen diabetic patients get low blood sugar or high blood sugar and act drunk when they were not really drunk.

The attitude, 'if she breaks the law and resists arrest, she deserves whatever she gets" attitude some posters have is really disturbing to me.

That's not the way the law works. Cops are the ones that are supposed to arrest people, juries and judges are supposed to be the one to decide what their punishment is.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
And it seems that from viewing the vid most people that has left comments believe the cop is outta line...

Bring on street justice.... hehe

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The Police State isn't coming....

It's already here.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
I'm sorry but the amount of ignorance shown in this thread by fools making statements like "Don't break the law, and you won't get punched and assaulted by the police, herp derp." there's ZERO excuse for his actions, he is abusing his powers and some of you fools actually defend and promote his actions, you clearly aren't ignorant in the least. /Sarcasm off.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

Lets see what we've covered here...

1) Ignorance
2) Fools
3) Fools

[snip] She rammed the police vehicle with her vehicle. She had the gas pedal pressed to try and evade further. She had already endangered everyone's life by fleeing from the police in the first place. Maybe the dumb woman will follow normal thinking and actions and simply pull over and get the ticket next time.

I would have drug her fat arse right out the window (if she would fit) and shown her ZERO remorse.

Do you know how many people die each year from drivers fleeing from the police?

Some of the figures cited by organizations are as alarming as they are contradictory. A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report estimates that 350 deaths per year are the results of police pursuits. Over 5,300 pursuit-related deaths were reported to the federal government from 1980 to 1996, although most critics suspect this number is low. Other data places the figure far higher: 2,500 people die and 55,000 people are injured annually as a result of high speed chases. One out of four chase-fatalities are bystanders.

Read more: Law Enforcement - High-speed Pursuits: To Protect And To Swerve - Police, Chases, Chase, People, Pursue, and Training social.jrank.org...

Grow up and get over yourself... Yes, some LEO's are bad apples.. But, doesn't that occur in every occupation? I believe that if you run from the police, you should be treated like a attempted murderer.

When you start fleeing from the police, the only thought the driver has, is self preservation!

I lost a good friend, from a police chase accident.. A 15yr old kid was pulled over for a headlight out.. He fled because he didn't have a driver license. He T-boned my best friend driving at 70mph, killing him instantly! The little dirt bag spent 4 years in a detention facility, followed by 10 years of probation..

I think he should be put to death.... He ruined an entire family, simply because he was an ignorant fool.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by badgerprints

I agree, if she would have got away ran over a child in the street it would have been far worse. The officer like any of us felt danger, as would I if someone might run over my foot or into my knee or worse. In my opinion the officer reacted the only way he could...she was hitting other cars and needed to be stopped.

We are not perfect and officers are not the highest paid for the danger they are in. Try to imagine yourself in his shoes and tell me what you would have done differently...?

I was a Marine Sniper in the Marine Corp, I am highly trained for scenarios where I am under alot of pressure and I can tell you your addrenaline and basic survival instinct kicks in and some of the training goes out the window.

I wish he could have found a better way than striking her, but better his hand than a baton, better his hand then his gun. Pepper spray would have made her more histarical and should have just gunned the accelerator and hit anything she could.

Just my opinion but not all cops are bad...far better than the ones I see day after day here in Colombia or Brasil...we are very lucky to have the law enforcement we have.

Like I've been saying the officer used the force he deemed necessary to subdue the offender. They would have been well within the law to approach with weapons drawn in that situation but didn't showing restraint.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
And it seems that from viewing the vid most people that has left comments believe the cop is outta line...

Bring on street justice.... hehe

Well many aren't even commenting on the vid just howling about wanting to fight cops or "the police state is here" etc. Then the folks saying its wrong because she's a woman which has nothing to do with anything at all. No many just want to bash.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Very well put...try pulling this crap in Singapore...!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This video is kinda entertaining to watch! ROTFL

Cops perspective = damn dirty 58 year old stupid cow...my wife and kids have to drive on these roads too, take this, and this, and this, and here's a little more for good measure! After wards = "bet she'll think twice before drinking and driving and not stopping"

58 year old womans perspective = damn cops I can outrun them, WTH, ouch ouch ouch and ouch again. After wards = that really hurt, I need a faster car next time!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybertron

this post reply to post by marinesniper0351

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again very ignorant....

signature:
One liner and totally off-topic. This is a serious discussion about a police officer using his judgement here. Police brutality in this particular case is being debated. The woman may have had a siezure just prior to or during the chase. She may have been harrased or abused by police in the past, and been apprehensive about pulling over until she reached a public place, where there just might be some witnesses there. Nobody here knows for sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Cyber, your ignorance of morals and right and wrong are outstanding. It is folks like you, that will one day, be on "Cops" running from the police.

Are you implying she shouldn't have to stop? Implying that would mean that you are for ZERO traffic laws..
Can you comprehend what that would mean? Are you even able to wrap your mind around that idea?

To dissect your post even further... You are implying that she should not have been required to roll down her window, AFTER being chased and boxed in? Why don't you just come out and say, "I am militant and believe that America should be a total anarchist country".

Your view is ignorant - Your morals are flawed - Your attacks are weak!- Your future is bleak!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great post DD, S&F

The fact that no charges were brought except for falure to stop indiactes to me the police force administrators/prosecutors realize they have no case, for one reason or another. Something else is involved here, IMO. Perhaps someone should explore if this might have been a "set-up" on the police's part. It wouldn't be the first time police "stage" an event to get revenge, etc. I'm quite sure that big cop wasn't fearful of the 53 year old grandma. If so, perhaps he should get a job as a crossing guard.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Difference in opionion no "ignorace" ... in this world there are "men", "metro-sexuals" and "woman"...cannot figure out which you are yet...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

Please focus further replies on the Actual topic of discussion and NOT individual perceptions of a fellow member's character or person.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I think she should have been punched so hard, these cop haters posting on here will feel it. Cops are killed everyday in America! It just happened today...Two officers serving a warrant in Tampa were gunned down by some idiot! I think cops should shoot first, then ask questions later. A couple weeks ago, down the street from my home, some idiot shot a deputy in the head, then fired again hitting him in the throat while he was laying on the ground with gun in holster. DEAD!!! When a criminal uses a car as a weapon, he/she should be shot!! Deadly weapon against deadly weapon.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

That vehicle was not in motion when the LEOs arrived at her car on foot.. watch the video again. If you're talking about BEFORE the policeman arrived at her window then his beating her in the head was retaliatory.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think this a good example of the human psyche. If there is a difference of opinion , people resort to personal attacks. Most of the replies are are opinions, and the facts we got is from the very "reliable" media.
My opinion is that are woman and men really so different that it warrants different levels of violence? I don't like violence , but we should remember that woman are fighting on battlefields. So should they be punched in the face? I don't know if anybody should , but cops are there to "serve and protect" And maybe some of the USA members can answer this. Don't cops have have less "fatal" weapons like teargas or pepper spray?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join