It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

If the police man didnt know she had a gun or not while he went to her window like that to continually hit her, then he is an idiot and thank god he is alive and she wasnt a terrorist... :p

Good point maybe he should be disciplined for not shooting her??

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Right cause tazers don't stop anyone

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is the last warning folks.

Stay on topic or I hand out post bans

Do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
Oh and i never saw the car move once while being blocked in, so if she was gonna drive away then the car would of moved after the first shot to the face, or even when the taser came out.

This is exactly what I saw. People are justifying her getting repeatedly punched in the face for something she wasn't doing (trying to run). They are also justifying her assault by something she MIGHT have done (run over a little kid). They are also justifying her being beat for something she did and was not currently doing (refusing to stop). He stopped her, he then beat her.

IMO, this cop was simply pissed off that she didn't pull over. He may have had worries that she could have hurt someone, but any car chase can lead to that, not just one that involves a drunk person. Instead, he went to her BOXED IN car, broke the window and hit her in the face several times because of something she did and might do, not because of something she was currently doing. In other words, he was simply punishing her before she had her day in court.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

No, I think he/she is saying that you can't go and beat someone in the face for something you THINK they were doing.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

But it wasn't a case of thinking she was doing something. She was pulled over... Then ran... Then she was boxed in.. She was told to roll down her window. She didnt = window broken

She then started revving her engine while boxed in...

There is no THINK about it- She endangered lives by fleeing- She then put the cops at risk by attempting to free herself from being boxed in... I would have boxed her ears in too..

You see this allot - Some middle aged woman, not complying with the police because she is "Not a criminal" or just plain self absorbed...

I repeat - She is lucky that a few punches is all she got.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

Don't know why I got the warning..

edit on 24-1-2011 by Loki Lyesmyth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not sure that repeatedly punching her in the face was necessary... it seemed he was able to reach inside the window, just grab the keys and then she wont be going anywhere?

I guess simple logic is lost on most people nowadays.

It's all "punch and kick and shoot first and then think later"

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ok I got a warning for posting something prior to this. I am not sure why, but I will state this in another way.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn - Oh how we burned in the prison camps, later thinking: what would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If, during periods of mass arrests, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood that they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalins thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt.

If we just sit by and let abuse take place, then in time we will be abused.
TAKE A STAND FOR YOUR RIGHTS!

If you see someone being abused its your DUTY to stop it, even no ESPECIALLY when its "law enforcement".
Remind them that they work for us, to protect and serve the people not the state.

Its up to us to create change in this world. Things are upside down right now, good is bad, bad is good, right is wrong... We, those of us AWAKE and AWARE know it and see it and are fighting it everyday, not just on the soap box, but in the choices we make every day at the store, at the gas pump when we pay taxes, when we vote.
We cannot allow abuse to happen and MUST DEMAND that civil treatment be given even to those who MAY have done wrong.

Sure the woman was drinking and had no right to do what she did BUT the abuse of power is obvious and sickening.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The lady was over the top. (no bang bang boom or vroom vroom vroom)
The cop was over the top. (no punchy slappy jab jab to a female gab gab)
The circle jerk of responses in this thread is over the top. (write fight all day all night still dont make it right)

I think this may be the answer !
edit on 24-1-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I see some comments that are suggesting that this woman should have been beat up worse than she was or even shot for failure to stop. I find it questionable that this kind of view could be taken by a rational and compassionate person.

What if this were the case: The woman had been confused and displayed what others could have determined to be reckless driving? What if when she saw the cops lights she recalled how she had read of other situations where imposters posing as police would pull you off the road to commit a crime against you? What if she was trying to find a place to pull over where she would feel safe? Finally, what if she was your mother? Would you still want to see her beaten and even shot?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I see some comments that are suggesting that this woman should have been beat up worse than she was or even shot for failure to stop. I find it questionable that this kind of view could be taken by a rational and compassionate person.

(Bolding mine)

Unfortunately we don't have too many of those on ATS.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Awesome, regardless of what they "thought" she was going to do, beating on a helpless old woman. IDK, must make them feel tough or something. Extremely cowardly if you ask me. Not sure what to make of it. If he was trying to stop her from doing something, why didn't her open the car door and pull her out. Duh ...

epic failure

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
no lets be clear here the VAST majority believe that the cop was wrong there are about 4 or 5 who are defending him , and half of em are either cops or soldiers . (if the hat fits ) .

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I'm sorry, but since our stellar law enforcement agencies are so corrupt, I have taught my teenage daughter to go to the nearest public place before she pulls over for ANY law enforcement vehicle. Its really a shame its come to that, I can't even trust those that are supposed to protect the peace, not disturb in the name of justice.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

star for you bro you right and you put it well ps the donkey pic is awesome .
not all cops are thugs but the ones that are dont deserve such a position of power

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

a star and i agree i dont have kids yet but you illustrated perfectly what myy fears would be for my kids .
Hats off your a good parent and i salute and respect you .
dont stop on side of the road try the nearest gas station or anywhere with cameras and people
P E A C E

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
**If this has already been offered up, then forgive me - I didn't go through all 21 pages of the discussion**

www.youtube.com...

The OP video shows the dash-cam from one of the cars, the video I have offered is a composite of what appears to be two separate cams.

Notice that they have her stopped and then you can see her car start to move again - ramming the first cop car nose to nose. What ensues after is what I would typically expect to be officer response - continuing to try and evade police at this point, especially ramming the cop car with her car - is an attack on the cops with a deadly weapon. It is her act of trying to get away, after they have her blocked that creates the reaction of the officers. What she did was basically the same as pointing a gun at them - threat with a deadly weapon (including a vehicle) will cause officers to react in a most aggressive manner.

Now, before anyone lights the bonfires and throws me on it for justifying the cops actions - I'm not stating anything regarding whether I think what the officer did was "right" or "wrong". Judging from the video it is easy to see that the woman was still intent on "running" - and the officers had no way of knowing exactly how far this woman would be willing to go to avoid capture.

Did it deserve a punch (or 5) in the face? I don't know - but, ultimately (at least to me) this woman brought it upon herself when she attempted to run the officers down with her car.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
reply to post by VI0811

a star and i agree i dont have kids yet but you illustrated perfectly what myy fears would be for my kids .
Hats off your a good parent and i salute and respect you .
dont stop on side of the road try the nearest gas station or anywhere with cameras and people
P E A C E

I totally agree ...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join