It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
SPARE me the Race BS CARD!!!!!
edit on 20-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarification

Wait ..hold up a minute...so it is only mexicans that come to your oountry? So who using the race card..you or me? I was pretty damn sure there were other nations coming here illegally...including the white illegal immigrants., but hey if you feel it is only the mexicans who are destroying your country..so be it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Logarock

Sorry as much as i wanna reply... i said i wouldnt to health issues, just because this is already way off-topic and the poor OP deserves their subject to be heard and discussed.

Although in regards to what u said...
( aka i agree..but it shouldnt be like that...
)

This is really not off topic at all but has ended up right were gravity would have it. I can only see your responce as a method to slow down the heat coming at you right now.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by ldyserenity
SPARE me the Race BS CARD!!!!!
edit on 20-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarification

Wait ..hold up a minute...so it is only mexicans that come to your oountry? So who using the race card..you or me? I was pretty damn sure there were other nations coming here illegally...including the white illegal immigrants., but hey if you feel it is only the mexicans who are destroying your country..so be it.

Whoever it is it extends to the lot. Is the clear nuff for you? I dont care if its Irish!

We are aware of you tactic of making this a race guilt issue. You just cant stay to the fact that citizens have the right to complain about it and do something about it in congress.

You are probably one of those that would have voted for the bill without even reading the dam thing!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

No what I was saying we hate the legal ones too, and there is a crapload of legal people who do take advantage. I thought you were implying that it was mexicans we were supposedly hating, if not I am sorry I misinterpreted. I thought you were saying what you weren't.
IMO it should all be ended!!!! Personally that's my take on this whole welfare debacle.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I am not making this a race issue..it is the people blaming the mexicans. I am aware that there are many different races coming to the country illegally and using it's resources. If you feel it is only about mexicans than maybe you should look deeper into yourself...stopping using just the mexicans...use the africans, the irish, the germans...etc...if your not just complaining about the mexicans then sorry...but for those people only using the mexicans as a scapegoat...geez...your hatred for that race is too blantant for it not to be racist.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Folks, if I may; this isn't about illegals, this isn't about race. This is about breaking the back of our local, state, and federal institutions.
Thank you. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The worst thing that has happened to poor people in the US is welfare.

Now, don't get me wrong, a helping hand is a great thing. Anyone can find themselves in a tough spot without family and/or friends to give them a helping hand.

However, the current welfare system is set up to create a lifestyle. Now, we have people in families that have been on welfare for 5 generations. If you're raised in such a family, then it is perfectly normal to expect the government to support you.

How can we correct this?
First, you can only be on welfare for 6 months.

After that, you have to report for work every day M-F at 8:00 AM. If you don't show, you don't get any money and you can lose your kids. Work would consist of what ever job the local area needs to be done.. Cleaning streets, refurbishing rundown housing, cleaning parks etc. I would also support job training for careers that are in demand in your area.

Kids in the household would see mom and/or dad going to work every day. That alone could break the welfare as a lifestyle issue.

It should be mandatory for kids in welfare families to get a certain GPA at school say B average otherwise the family doesn't get paid.

If you're a non-citizen and you are on aid, the country of origin should be billed for your upkeep.

We need to get real about our social programs. California is close to 30 billion dollars in debt and illegal immigrants are costing the state about 10 billion dollars per year.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

So is it just the immigrants on welfare you hate...or is it also the americans on welfare? Is this right-wing propaganda...balme the immigrants...but forget the many millions of americans also on welfare. If the mexicans are taking your jobs...maybe it's time you work on your qualifications...I mean...sheesh if all you can get is a housekeeping, gardening, or whatever low paying job labourer job it is you can get...maybe work on bettering your resume and yourself..instead of blaming others for your issues.

Blah blah blah. Attack and deflect.
I do not like the fact that tax money goes to people who's parents came here illegally. Plain and simple. Be it Mexican, White, Martian or what ever. They should not be here in the first place.
Secondly, since they are here, why is it that they need their health care paid for by the tax payer?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Now, don't get me wrong, a helping hand is a great thing. Anyone can find themselves in a tough spot without family and/or friends to give them a helping hand.

However, the current welfare system is set up to create a lifestyle. Now, we have people in families that have been on welfare for 5 generations. If you're raised in such a family, then it is perfectly normal to expect the government to support you.

How can we correct this?
First, you can only be on welfare for 6 months.

After that, you have to report for work every day M-F at 8:00 AM. If you don't show, you don't get any money and you can lose your kids. Work would consist of what ever job the local area needs to be done.. Cleaning streets, refurbishing rundown housing, cleaning parks etc. I would also support job training for careers that are in demand in your area.

Kids in the household would see mom and/or dad going to work every day. That alone could break the welfare as a lifestyle issue.

It should be mandatory for kids in welfare families to get a certain GPA at school say B average otherwise the family doesn't get paid.

If you're a non-citizen and you are on aid, the country of origin should be billed for your upkeep.

We need to get real about our social programs. California is close to 30 billion dollars in debt and illegal immigrants are costing the state about 10 billion dollars per year.

Someone who gets it. THANK YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I am not making this a race issue..it is the people blaming the mexicans. I am aware that there are many different races coming to the country illegally and using it's resources. If you feel it is only about mexicans than maybe you should look deeper into yourself...stopping using just the mexicans...use the africans, the irish, the germans...etc...if your not just complaining about the mexicans then sorry...but for those people only using the mexicans as a scapegoat...geez...your hatred for that race is too blantant for it not to be racist.

Well for me the mexican do have a special place in all of this. We didnt see Africans, Irish or anybody marching in every majior city a few years ago by the millions other than the Mexicans. If they want to represent as a race then they get delt with as a race. Plus none of these other groups have militant wings representing them here that spew out hate speech [save for some muslims]. As well by far they are 10 times the bleed on our system than all of these others combined. We are not talking about humble jose and his burrow here. We are talking about a very organized group working off the economy with little return into the system that is constantly billed to the citizens here and now are trying to gain citizenship simply by having children here.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have to think, every one here knows what a Western Union Office is, Correct?

With the computer age, cell phone age and UPS, DHL and Federal Express and your pay check being direct deposit to your bank account, If it wasn't for illegals send large amounts of monies back to their home country, I think Western Union would have been a Memory, it would have been out of business 15 years ago.

But, that's just what I believe. What else does Western Union do?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
In LA County alone. $600M Dollars that our government doesn't have to keep handing out. We are paying into a system that is choosing to reward illegal activities

As has been pointed out this amount is considerably less than we spend in a single day in Iraq and Afhganistan.

Antonovich acknowledges that the children whose benefits he's focusing on are U.S.-born.

By "US Born" he means "US Citizens" and the fact that he couldn't manage to use those words tells me all I need to know abut this idealouge.

Lots of legal immigrants and citizens are living from hand to mouth. Yet we keep joyously throwing money at people who are breaking the law. I don't understand the logic here at all.

Let me asssit with the Logic then.

These are Children...They have not broken the law...and they are OURS...
they ARE US Citizens..Born here..which makes you distinguishing them from "legal" citizens illogical.
The "us" and "them" thing...better known as demagoguery is getting old. I understand it's an opportunistic rhetorical tool when a country is financially stressed, "It's Those Peoples Fault!!!" but just becuase it is convenient doesn't make it true...and it appeals to intolerance and hate and is profoundly unamerican in the land of the "melting pot".

I would gladly spend 600 Million in a year to keep US Children alive...more so than the 720 Million PER DAY we spend shooting people in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well should I sleep better a night knowing that an icon of american whatever has been saved or are you pointing out the fact the US is proping up mexico through a labor welfare system?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by guohua

Well should I sleep better a night knowing that an icon of american whatever has been saved or are you pointing out the fact the US is proping up mexico through a labor welfare system?

Sorry, some times I still think in Chinese and transfer that to English and not very will

I'm trying to point out, the only think I can see keeping Western Union in operation are the illegals.
Let Western Union die an honorable death of old age and make them get bank a accounts and track their money transfers and Tax The Hell Out Of Them

I think that explained it better.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Are we forgetting about all the legal American people who are on welfare now because they lost their jobs because of cheaper illegal immigrants? I don't necessarily put all the blame on the illegals. I think the companies that are hiring them to save a few bucks should pay the price and be brought up on charges. If the companies face severe penalties for hiring them, they would probably not be so apt to employ. Not all but alot will have no choice but to go back home due to no work. But why do that when it is already proven amongst them that our Government will still spoon feed them. Our immigration policy is a joke. The problem is, the illegals know it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
lets just lay all our radioactive waste on the boarder and mark it restricted, if they kill themselves so be it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

In LA County alone. $600M Dollars that our government doesn't have to keep handing out. We are paying into a system that is choosing to reward illegal activities

As has been pointed out this amount is considerably less than we spend in a single day in Iraq and Afhganistan.

Rhetoric 101. The one has nothing to do with the other.

Lots of legal immigrants and citizens are living from hand to mouth. Yet we keep joyously throwing money at people who are breaking the law. I don't understand the logic here at all.

Let me asssit with the Logic then.

These are Children...They have not broken the law...and they are OURS...
they ARE US Citizens..Born here..which makes you distinguishing them from "legal" citizens illogical.
The "us" and "them" thing...better known as demagoguery is getting old. I understand it's an opportunistic rhetorical tool when a country is financially stressed, "It's Those Peoples Fault!!!" but just becuase it is convenient doesn't make it true...and it appeals to intolerance and hate and is profoundly unamerican in the land of the "melting pot".

"melting pot' is a rhetorical term. And no these kids are not ours they belong to the parents who are citizens of another nation that use them to gain off the system in this country. And we are not talking about "fault" here we are talking about scaming and taking advantage of a saftey net that the citizens who pay for it can hardly get accsess.

I would gladly spend 600 Million in a year to keep US Children alive...more so than the 720 Million PER DAY we spend shooting people in the Middle East.

Talk about some crap rhetorical tool to get your point some leg room! And where would you get your 600mill? You would raid the same coffers the wars are payed from.....but yours would be a rightious war.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

I do agree with your solutions, and hope that with education, not necessarily a means to achieve financial freedom, but a means of greater thinking ability to get out of poverty situations morally and ethically.

But I do find offense with your statement that welfare creates a lifestyle situation. That is an outright lie. Try living on just a few hundreds a month of welfare, and you will realize that you would have NO lifestyle by any means, and worse for kids, for the material for education aint cheap, as well as the general rise of food commodities, not to mention the rooms they have to squeeze in.

Open your heart and see beyond the few illegals that got it made. For everyone of them that abused the system, and in the spotlight, many more are suffering in ways unimaginable and outside of any human conscience to comprehend, the hurdles, discrimination and endurances they had to even be get a passing grade.

For those who want their taxes be cut from supporting our fellow humans, by all means, go right ahead. I, an insignificant nobody and the few of whom still have that little moral conscience in us, will continue to support them whom are in our shores and born on our shores, in our own limited way, with or without the selfish few's help.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by maybereal11

Rhetoric 101. The one has nothing to do with the other.

They are both government expenditures aimed at keeping Americans safe and alive. I would opt those funds be spent in a direct manner rather than a vague military mission.

"melting pot' is a rhetorical term. And no these kids are not ours they belong to the parents who are citizens of another nation

We disagree then. I consider American citizens just that. And thank goodness I live in a country where our government agrees.

parents who are citizens of another nation that use them to gain off the system in this country. ... we are talking about scaming and taking advantage of a saftey net that the citizens who pay for it can hardly get accsess.

Fist off....please provide evidence that the parents are "scamming the system" rather than feeding thier children.

Secondly...the claim that children of non-immigrants are having trouble accessing welfare is not supported by the facts since the majority of welfare recipients are white.

See here

www.huppi.com...

Also see here ...
whites collect greatest share of public aid dollars
findarticles.com...

And the "those who actually pay for it" somehow assumes that Illegal immigrants are exempt from paying taxes on every single purchase they make from Gasoline to Groceries to rent payment etc. Illegal immigrants contribute significantly to the tax base.

More so than legal citizens in some ways. For example they often pay into Social Security while having no method to ever draw from it. Some estimates put that at 9 Billion alone.

At tax time, illegal immigrants are paying too
www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 20-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh no, and how much is the bill for coruption, bribes, seriously, i dont get it, health care is a good thing, healthy people work harder and bring more tax money lol, oh and cause you know, life is important.

The enemi isint who we think lol, its the rich, the banker, the politician, not the poor familys that need help...
edit on 20-1-2011 by dukeofjive because: put the letters at the right place eheh

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join