It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
In LA County alone. $600M Dollars that our government doesn't have to keep handing out. We are paying into a system that is choosing to reward illegal activities.

www.foxnews.com...

From the article: Antonovich acknowledges that the children whose benefits he's focusing on are U.S.-born. But he argues that the money is collected by the illegal immigrant parents, putting a painful burden on taxpayers, including those who are legal immigrants.

Nobody wants any child to go hungry or become unhealthy. We can't not help if the kids need it. Our economy is struggling. Lots of legal immigrants and citizens are living from hand to mouth. Yet we keep joyously throwing money at people who are breaking the law. I don't understand the logic here at all. This is just in one county! Give me a break.

You want to come here? Come legally. Do it the right way. Don't come through the back door expecting to recieve a free ride! It's not racial. It's fair.

IMHO Amnesty is coming folks! They think the system is strained now... just wait. The fence is just for looks and nobody is bothering to look who's climbing over it, through it, or under it.

edit on 1/20/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Making Children Illegal in the first place makes me sick.

600 million a year to keep kids alive? That's a God damn miracle.

Better than adding it on the 720 million spent each day killing kids in Iraq.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

Making Children Illegal in the first place makes me sick.

600 million a year to keep kids alive? That's a God damn miracle.

Better than adding it on the 720 million spent each day killing kids in Iraq.

What makes me sick is people who don't understand that they should not have babies regardless of their status or nationality if they lack the means to support them; sad for the children but not really a government issue.

Pro-tip sex=babies if you don’t take precautions then it still sometimes = babies if you can’t afford the consequences don’t take the action.

There is no provision in the Constitution for charity in the first place if the local population wants to pay for it that’s fine but the federal government has no authority to take money by force and give it to another regardless of the wealth of the former or the need of the latter.

If you want to give to charities that feed illegal immigrant children feel free it is your right but stealing from the taxpayer to do it is illegal and wrong.

Besides the illegals are like stray cats - you feed them cause you feel sorry for them then they start to expect it and hang around breeding until you can no longer afford too. Once you stop feeding them then they get destructive.

edit on 20/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

What even makes me more sick is a large group of people agreeing upon a system that allows, and even condones, abortions and adoptions. Why? Because someone made you believe its irresponsible or even impossible to raise such a child in such a situation.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
lol it's ironic ya know.

The main reason i replid in your thread is because i know exactly what you mean. Without seeing the budget costings for Centrelink ( Aus Social Sec ) i know.

In my local area i see people and refugees that come here because they have nothing or whatever the excuse is and yet a couple months later they are driving around in the latest model Toyota or mini-van etc. They get social security, tax breaks, jobs, lower interest finance and housing. All the while our own people are suffering and struggling.

They come with 4+ kids and straight away start being given more money than i earn in 1 week.

Even foreign investment, there are peopel that come here just to buy and then rent out houses and it is they that for the past 5 years in Australia have been driving up house prices and incresing rental prices.

Yet our government throws money at them, i see gangs of about 10-15 Sudanese youths walking around the streets at night, drinking, chroming and doing drugs and yet our governments still throw money at them.
Why doesnt my, yours or all the governments that are responcible and '' mature '' look at the government of these countries they are coming from, the corruption, bad education ,lack of health and on and on...

It's fustrating to say the least and when i see a person that come here as a supposed refugee driving a later model car or taking a job that should have belonged to someone born here, that has spent their time paying tax and giving back...

I know that might sound unsympathetic or mean but it is the hard truth. Why arent we and our governments focusing on the countries of orgigin and fixing the problem at its core. Not just throwing aid to corrupt third would governments but actually taking an active role in helping them..
edit on 20-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

The babies born here are citizens whether thier parents are or not. If any child here is illegal it is the fault of the parents and not the government. The government doesn't force anyone to enter here with children in tow.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by Golf66

What even makes me more sick is a large group of people agreeing upon a system that allows, and even condones, abortions and adoptions. Why? Because someone made you believe its irresponsible or even impossible to raise such a child in such a situation.

That is because it is irresponsible to have children that you cannot support - they are the sole responsibility of the parent not the state.

I do agree with you that perhaps making people have the children if they get pregnant seems like a way to reinforce the idea that they will have to handle it; however, when kids are born into those situations they invariably end up costing the taxpayers money and the kids suffer.

Now if we forced the parents to have the kid and rendered no aid and let them watch it slowly die of their incompetence – perhaps that would reinforce the lesson of personal responsibility; not going to hold my breath for that policy – the nation has no stomach for it.

Abortion is a government program I can support it costs a lot less than 18 years of maintenance and health care for a kid who will likely repeat the same cycle over again anyway.

However, I insist that after say the 2nd or 3rd one you be deemed socially irresponsible and forcibly sterilized for the good of the people - that is both the male and the female involved.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
lol it's ironic ya know.

The main reason i replid in your thread is because i know exactly what you mean. Without seeing the budget costings for Centrelink ( Aus Social Sec ) i know.

In my local area i see people and refugees that come here because they have nothing or whatever the excuse is and yet a couple months later they are driving around in the latest model Toyota or mini-van etc. They get social security, tax breaks, jobs, lower interest finance and housing. All the while our own people are suffering and struggling.

They come with 4+ kids and straight away start being given more money than i earn in 1 week.

It's fustrating to say the least and when i see a person that come here as a supposed refugee driving a later model car or taking a job that should have belonged to someone born here, that has spent their time paying tax and giving back...

I was listening to Tony Dellroy's Nightlife on ABC one night and the debate about illegal immigrants and refugees was raised... one guy called up and said he was basically screwed because he entered Australia legally, has to work ridiculously long hours just to keep his family going in a city... meanwhile, apparently, illegal refugees (those who aren't legitimate refugees) are getting paid housing, kids sent to good schools, free healthcare, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

You do kinda have a point there, any money spent on people and survial is better than Billions upon Billions spent on miltary spending.

Although as per my other reply, why shouldnt we be focused on the governments and countries these people are fleeing from.
If we invested time and money in helping them, the country and the governments surely that cost would be better than the constant stream of refugees we are faced with.

If it means replacing a government in a peacful way then so beit. What is the UN for? If not to ensure this doesnt happen? To me is seems like the UN has been idle and stagnating all these years. The want to write Human rights laws but wont enforce them or actively do anything unless a war - civil or national is going to break out.

They are great at Nuclear inspections but when human lives are at risk because the home government is corrupt where are they?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I hear you loud and clear. When I lived up in Indiana, I watched as Mexican families came in droves, all got new SUVs and nice homes abandoned by their previous owners. They god benefits I would have died for, and covered up our local ER by using it as a personal doctor's office. I don't hate Mexicans, but I certainly hate what they are doing to our Nation.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

The problem here is that this way of our government handling money encourage illegal immigrants to have children in the US.

And many just don't practice planned parenthood, they just multiply by the dozen, because the more American children they have the more money they get to feed them.

BTW I am Latina this how is going on in my neck of the woods.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Exactly! I missed that interview sadly but yeah i know what you mean.

Thats right as well, they get subsidised housing, although it may be public housing and not 5 star, it is still subsidised by the tax payer.

Some subsidised housing can be as little as 50 per week rental for what should be costing $200+. Thats a big offset, along with Centrelink, someone eith kids will get about $650 per child per fortnight. With 4 kids that is over $2500 per fortnight and if on a ''pension'' that is tax free!!

Some hard working people are lucky to earn that in 1 month in Aus and i am sure many other parts of the world.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This annoys the piss out of me. I am a DAMN CITIZEN and I don't get ANY assistance. I don't qualify. I can't even get medical....so maybe I will just give up my citizenship sneak back in and bam get some assistance.

What is wrong with this country that they can't help their OWN people. Illegal immigrants ALL of them need to go mooch off their own government.

link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am Latina you know and I am 100% backing what you say, here in my neck of the woods in the last 12 years I have seen the illegal immigrants growing at record numbers, to the point that now in entire small towns they are driving the locals out and they are now majority most on government assistance because the number of children the have.

link   
reply to post by Havick007

I agree 100%, star for that.

The race card gets pulled quite often with this topic and it makes people scared to even say anything about it.

I can fully understand wanting to come here to create a better life for your family. And truth be told I can not blame them for crossing. I do not want to support them financially. I do not want them undocumented. And like you, I do not want them recieving benefits they pay nothing towards. It is hard to see family and loved ones struggle with the current economy while other's roads seem to be paved in gold for an easy ride. If you don't pay in and you are breaking the law you should not be rewarded with free healthcare, reduced housing costs, and food stamps.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

When you mentioned health...thats even worse. I know the situation in the states about health care and it makes it even worse.

In Aus i cant complain because our government covers our health which i am thankfull for, although we have an option for private health cover, public is very good.

But if my government was paying for regugees, military, intel and whatever else and then complaining because medicaid or soc sec health was going to send you bankrupt ( supposedly ) i would be angry. All that money could actually help your citizens and your national health.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't let anyone else hear you say that! It makes it harder for folks to see this as a racist issue instead of "the taxpayers are getting shafted" issue.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Agreed. I have looked into private insurance and it's about 250-300 a month. I can't afford that at all!

I have been denied so many times for medical assistance and have been DENIED treatment at the hospital because I had no insurance and didn't have 300 bucks to pay upfront.

They waste so much money in this country when it could be going to good use to help the actual people out instead of lining their pockets with more and more money. Do these people pay for ins? No, the govt gets healtcare...must be nice.

link   

You are right though, this is not a race issue at all!

I dont care where you are from, what colour your skin is or what language you speak ( although language barrier can be fustrating at times
)

That isnt the point here, i could see that in your OP and anyone that doesnt is trying make excuses.

link   

Wait when Obama care comes into effect as usual the tax payer will be paying for the free Medicaid (Obama public choice) of illegals. Because Obama promised to help those illegals with health care, specially the ones with American children.

In my neck of the woods the state initial cost for Obama care is going to be 1 billion dollar that will come from the pockets of the tax payer in the state, no the federal government.

Obama care is going to bankrupt officially many welfare states.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join