It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Logarock

I dont get it....

I aint dreaming, it's a reality here.. Perhaps a dream over there but here it's great

It simple....over here the folks paying for the saftey net have the least access to it. That is why for years americans have had problems with buying into all of these overseas models that are said to work well. Besides you dont have near the problems with the "saftey net" it that we have. Over here its called a saftey net but its more like a free vacation and cruse to Ausi land. Its not a net its a wet bar, better food than your kids eat, better medical than your kids have and you are paying for the ride.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

sorry i starred you coz all you did was repeat and emphasise my reply

But you gotta admit, whch system would you prefer?

Just because i am covered does not mean i question my freedoms, that is silly. If anything i feel even more freedom knowing that whatever my situation is my health is always a priority.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Yes, you have the freedom of being covered, financially for health care. But at what cost? You have the lost the Freedom of choice, only to trade it for security.
I do not look down my nose at you at all. That is not what I believe in. All are free to make that choice. I just want the freedom to decide for myself. That is what I am truly getting at.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
It is the responsibility of the illegals family/parents to provide. Not the tax payer.
Why should I?

Fine. Then DONT PAY.

But first, pay back to our society what we and our forefathers had paid for us and you, education, health, infrasture, military, police, politcal securites, etc.

Then find yourself a piece of unclaimed land and declare yourself a soveriegn, by yourself and everything with regards to survival, on your own. You will have no right to any help from anyone, including the illegals and their children, whom lack the opportunities others have, who will become legal one day and contribute to the further development and evolution of our society.

PS: as for illegals stealing your jobs, best you look for the culprits who hired them instead of you, and therein lays the blame - the supposed govt untouchable free hand 'capitalist' system and not society, its laws or the legislatives
edit on 20-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

It is the responsibility of the illegals family/parents to provide. Not the tax payer.
Why should I?

Fine. Then DONT PAY.

But first, pay back to our society what we and our forefathers had paid for us and you, education, health, infrasture, military, police, politcal securites, etc.

Then find yourself a piece of land and declare yourself a soveriegn, by yourself and everything with regards to survival, on your own. You will no right to any help from anyone, including the illegals and their children who will become legal one day and contribute to society.

PS: as for illegals stealing your jobs, best you look for the culprits who hired them instead of you, and therein lays the blame - the supposed 'capitalist' system and not society

I pay into my society plenty. Both forcefully by the Govt and by personal choice. Who the hell are you to judge me? I have served the country. Have you?
I did not commit a felony by crossing the border, only to drop a kid or two, only to have the American tax payer foot the bill.
If i could declare myself sovereign, I would.
If the laws in place were enforced, then companies would find it expensive to employ Illegals.
There is no reason for the tax payer to provide for them. Most illegals are paid cash, drive decent cars and have money for everything else, except health care I guess.
Again, if you want them taken care of, why don't you do more? Why should I?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Just because of a minority of illegals who abused the welfare system, and some scream here loudly that ALL illegals are abusing the system, and are better off than themselves???

Fine. Keep your money. Shut off the tap. Enjoy your wealth. Be selfish. Bow before your corporate masters as they robbed you blind, and in your frustrations, you take it out on people who suffered more than you, lacking in opportunities of every kind and cannot retaliate back. And their innocent children as well.

These group of self centred inhuman beasts make me sick! Even animals of the wild will not hurt or harm their own young. I am not be a rich man, but i will do all I can to help them, which is limited in ability alone, espacially the children, to escape the poverty trap from their own country as well as in a new country. There will be bad folks, but like everything else, there will always be good folks and at least some good in ALL if given the chances you had.

Thats a little distorted. If they are running from their poverty-stricken Country to come here for a better life, then why are 80% of the illegals working under the table, pay nothing more than sales tax, and send all their money home? They didn't leave to better their life here. They left to come here to better their life there. Keep paying your money to help them. And when you or your Family members all lose their jobs to illegal immigrants because of cheaper labor, you can go waste your time at the welfare office trying to get the benefits they wont give you because it's all going towards taking care of them.

Good luck with your sympathy.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

what choice???

There is no need for choice when all coverage is the same. If i go to an ER with a life threatening illness or something severe i will be treated no different than someone with private health care. The private may get their own hospital room and better meals but health is the same either way... That much is true here.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Why should I?

PS: as for illegals stealing your jobs, best you look for the culprits who hired them instead of you, and therein lays the blame - the supposed govt untouchable free hand 'capitalist' system and not society, its laws or the legislatives

This is correct....just dont try to get me to buy into the whole bill of sale bullstuff. They still get medical and the ball of wax whiel thier here.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WHO ( World Health Organisation ) Rankings:

www.photius.com...

en.wikipedia.org...'s_ranking_of_health_care_systems

Altthough it has been a couple years since these list's were updated do you think much has really changed, the US is still not even making the top 20.... sad

www.photius.com...
( USA - No: 72... ) wow.

That's IT, no more health discussions in this thread!! It's not the topic - if anyone wants a debate then make a thread!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

what choice???

There is no need for choice when all coverage is the same. If i go to an ER with a life threatening illness or something severe i will be treated no different than someone with private health care. The private may get their own hospital room and better meals but health is the same either way... That much is true here.

I have the choice to keep more of my money, and the choice to spend my money as I see fit.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Amerca is no longer "The land of the free." It's become, "The land of the fee with those of us footing the bill.

But it's all part of the Cloward-Piven Strategy. So something government is doing is actually right on target. OOPS, didn't mean to say target, as a Tea Party member, that might be taken the wrong way.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

doesnt make sense either...

I keep more of my money but pay the same tax percentage....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

I pay 19% in taxes. What do you pay, if I may ask?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Correct me if i am wrong, as i dont keep total track of the US laws and bills etc but with the new health bill, as far as i knew, it was more to regulate and bring health insurance down in price...

no this is myth, costs are going up and most folks that carry still must carry 80/20 insurance.

That still doesnt account for the poor peple that cant afford it full stop. Some people are put into debt for 10+ years because something happens and they are sent to the ER and surgery etc, but then... the bill comes. oh but wait, you get the option of installments over the next 10 years

Most people that have insurance are still very much in fear of the costs out of pocket becosue the insurance firms are not made to offer 100% coverage. It wasnt even in the recent bill and yet it is the number on health insurance issue facing working folks in the us.

You know how many firends i have that have been scared outta their wits about visiting the states because if something happens they are screwed. Although travel insurance will cover some of it, it doesnt always cover it all.

Working americans most of them are scared about what will hapen to them if they get hurt even with an 80/20 coverage. Most would be willing to pay the extra to get the coverage. You see the working man can still find himself broke if he gets hurt even if he is insured. They must face these things while watching hand outs and freebees flying in every direction by you liberal dreaming robin hoods that run for "leadership" positions here.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I pay into my society plenty. Both forcefully by the Govt and by personal choice. Who the hell are you to judge me? I have served the country. Have you?
I did not commit a felony by crossing the border, only to drop a kid or two, only to have the American tax payer foot the bill.
If the laws in place were enforced, then companies would find it expensive to employ Illegals.
There is no reason for the tax payer to provide for them. Most illegals are paid cash, drive decent cars and have money for everything else, except health care I guess.

First off, I did not judge you, but you asked for a solution on why should you pay.

Secondly, quit using the 'I serve my country' to gain sympathy votes. Are you implying that others who are gainfully employed, contributing to the economy, are not 'serving their country' as well?

Your military service would have a higher sympathy, had it been acknowledged as a worthy cause, but today, many had awakened and realized that you and your courageous and valiant kind had not been fighting for the country, but only for your corporate masters. For your information, I too had served, but will not brag about it in attempt to throw my weight around like you do.

As I mentioned earlier, just because a few illegals gets a better deal than you, it does not mean EVERYONE gets a better deal, and there are many more tragic causes out there if you will but only open up your heart to find out the truth. Today, everyone is in poverty or facing poverty soon. While we may no longer wine and dine in fine restaurants, we still have some bread we can share with our fellow humans.

And even this, I am not forcing you to.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Sorry as much as i wanna reply... i said i wouldnt to health issues, just because this is already way off-topic and the poor OP deserves their subject to be heard and discussed.

Although in regards to what u said...
( aka i agree..but it shouldnt be like that...
)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

So is it just the immigrants on welfare you hate...or is it also the americans on welfare? Is this right-wing propaganda...balme the immigrants...but forget the many millions of americans also on welfare. If the mexicans are taking your jobs...maybe it's time you work on your qualifications...I mean...sheesh if all you can get is a housekeeping, gardening, or whatever low paying job labourer job it is you can get...maybe work on bettering your resume and yourself..instead of blaming others for your issues.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

I mean no offence but most american dont give a flip about these other so called working and fair health care and saftey net modles in other nations. In fact most of us talking to you now firgure your a saleman and not some altruistic soft heart. We are not giving in over here. There are still to many of us that hold if you want to be an altruist do it with your own $.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

First off, I did not judge you, but you asked for a solution on why should you pay.

Secondly, quit using the 'I serve my country' to gain sympathy votes. Are you implying that others who are gainfully employed, contributing to the economy, are not 'serving their country' as well?

Your military service would have a higher sympathy, had it been acknowledged as a worthy cause, but today, many had awakened and realized that you and your courageous and valiant kind had not been fighting for the country, but only for your corporate masters. For your information, I too had served, but will not brag about it in attempt to throw my weight around like you do.

As I mentioned earlier, just because a few illegals gets a better deal than you, it does not mean EVERYONE gets a better deal, and there are many more tragic causes out there if you will but only open up your heart to find out the truth. Today, everyone is in poverty or facing poverty soon. While we may no longer wine and dine in fine restaurants, we still have some bread we can share with our fellow humans.

And even this, I am not forcing you to.

Spare me your bullcrap. Who said i served in the Military? If i did or didn't is none of your business. And the fact that you state is it less of a card to play, state that you don't lay that card and then go on to state that you served in the military shows plenty to me.
I am not mad at the better deal. I am mad at the fact that they are getting free care, via the tax payer.
You can pay for them. I should not be forced to. I have paid plenty for the illegals here and frankly I am tired of it.
No more free rides.
You can keep your one world mentality. They should not be here in the first place. A felony was committed in the process. But those like you turn a blind eye to that only to scream bloody murder when a company "takes advantage of the illegals". Oh boo hoo. Kind of like poop telling a fart that it stinks.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by macman

So is it just the immigrants on welfare you hate...or is it also the americans on welfare? Is this right-wing propaganda...balme the immigrants...but forget the many millions of americans also on welfare. If the mexicans are taking your jobs...maybe it's time you work on your qualifications...I mean...sheesh if all you can get is a housekeeping, gardening, or whatever low paying job labourer job it is you can get...maybe work on bettering your resume and yourself..instead of blaming others for your issues.

You see it is this underlying contempt displayed in this post that we are all to aware of. You think you are being some sort of poignant truth talker here but you are not. Listening to this type of tripe is what has got the US into the problems we are in. If we are not symathetic enough in your way of thinking then its ok to take shots.

We are not talking about jobs only but folks working here and paying zero tax, exporting their money, getting free health care and it there is any cost here joe blow citizen will pick up the tab. Thats why we dont have to shut up about it of give room to your sad sack ideas.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by macman

No We hate ALL people getting it that do not contribute, ie never worked a hard days labour EVER in their life or get it fraudulently(which technicaly illegals are doing). I know many Americans that paid into the GD thing that were tured down flat out, me being one personally, and then I also know about 25 % that were not turned down that paid into it for many years and then when they went and found another job, WELFARE also TOOK PENALTY FROM THEIR PAYCHECKS...MEANING THEY PAID TWICE to recieve a benefit that many recieve fraudulently or without ever paying into it ever! How's that for fair...SPARE me the Race BS CARD!!!!!
edit on 20-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarification

edit on 20-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: missed a letter

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join