It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I am not sure if you are aware or not...but both the Cato Institute and the Heritage Foundation are Right wing "think tanks" designed to influence policy in Washington...thier very mission is to issue papers and reports to drive a conservative agenda. Hey the left has orgs too, but just saying I don't trust numbers they throw out without sources and when they do cite a source, I look at the source to make sure they did not play with the stats.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The whole welfare issue has a lot more to do than just benefits to illegals. The entire welfare system is disgusting.

What right minded individual would promote baby factory families (and no I'm not referring to only mexicans, yes the majority of these "baby factory families" I'm speaking of are mexicans, but this term applies to any race) 90% of the welfare recipients simply abuse the system. They are rewarded for their laziness and refusal to work. I had a friends son recently have a child.

Here is what they get for an unplanned, irresponsible birth.

An 800/mo 2 bedroom apartment.
~450 in CASH AID (can buy drugs/alcohol etc with)
~500 in food stamp aid
~Countless dollars in family planning, free doctor visit etc etc

I'm sorry, maybe my thoughts align more with the animal kingdom on this one, if you can't get your own, you don't get any. You WORK for everything you have. I think the U.S welfare system is a joke. It needs to be severely refined.

First, there needs to be a time limit on benefits within a certain period of time. Second there needs to be some kind of "work for benefits" program, such as litter pickup or other things that benefits that specific community as a whole.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spolcyc

im all for sterilizing welfare recipients who bring children into poverty. it'll cause some second thoughts.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spolcyc
I'm sorry, maybe my thoughts align more with the animal kingdom on this one, if you can't get your own, you don't get any.

we seem to forget that we are animals, attempting to place ourselves on a higher pedestal only leads to discomfort. and most successful mammal are highly territorial for resource reasons

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Folks, if I may; this isn't about illegals, this isn't about race. This is about breaking the back of our local, state, and federal institutions.
Thank you. Carry on.

You are correct.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Who doesn't like mexicans?

People who pretend they're soem sort of existential threeat to our nation while ignoring actual problems. Like you.

If my husband kept stealing from me I wouldn't keep rewarding his behavior or ignore the problem.

No, but it looks to me as if you'd be berating him for nicking fifty cents from you last week, while you're in the process of getting raped by the guy who just mugged you. 'Cause it's that fifty cents that's important, you know!

FWIW, he is white. Your throwing out of the race card tells me you either didn't read the op, or you just read into it what you wished.

I'm sure you meant all those illegal Norwegian immigrants, and find their "theft" so dire that you chose to ignore the vastly larger problems at hand.

AIG was also not my choice. They should have been allowed to fail and the doors boarded up afterwards.

But they weren't. Instead of being upset about that, though, here you are telling us how utterly and reprehensibly evil those "illegal immigrants" are for managing to get minimum government assistance while busting their asses working in this country.

I say make 'em all citizens. Same with the folks who float over from Cuba; If you're willing to hoof it through the Mojave to get here, or if you build a boat out of two palm fronds and a sack of ping pong balls, welcome to America!

What's your next argument?

Same one I had before; you're missing the forest for the twigs.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I find the whole shifting of the blame on Mexican citizens completely unfounded. For one, the affordable resources for an impoverished un-documented family are getting more and more rare. In fact, for ANY low-income family it's nearly impossible (correction: it IS impossible) to support yourself, let alone a family. This is not that individuals fault; it is the system for keeping up our slave-labor practices.

Do none of you realize that immigrants from Mexico (everywhere, really) are going to be the saving grace of this nation? We have steered away from production and moved towards artificial means of reporting GDP. Nothing here is real anymore... it's all in trading imaginary numbers. Again, we make less and less physical things as a nation. With our birthrates going down and everybody worried about our SS, why wouldn't you want a fresh generation of people willing to not only work, but work hard, in order to pay for your retirement? We have no future generation to provide for our nation as it is... we NEED these immigrants. We needed the first ones, too. How else are you here now?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
reply to post by spolcyc

im all for sterilizing welfare recipients who bring children into poverty. it'll cause some second thoughts.

A frozen heart wrapped in ignorance, stuffed in vitriol.

It's a ignorvitriofluffle!!

BTW - I am for sterilizing the ignorant....not becuase they will have second thoughts...ironically thier ignorance prohibits that...I just don't want them multiplying.

ALSO -Many of the greatest men and women that the USA has ever produced were "born into poverty".

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

People who pretend they're soem sort of existential threeat to our nation while ignoring actual problems. Like you.

You should have warned me that you were psychic beforehand. Silly me thought that you would not be able to detect which problems I ignored and which ones I didn't.

No, but it looks to me as if you'd be berating him for nicking fifty cents from you last week, while you're in the process of getting raped by the guy who just mugged you. 'Cause it's that fifty cents that's important, you know!

Grasping at straws. It is ridiculous to suggest we ignore one crime because a bigger one is occuring. If that is the case then we should just get rid of the legal system all together. There is always a bigger crime occuring, but since it is an effort to stop or correct the big one just ignore the others. Throw out the baby with the bathwater. It is just too much to expect people to obey the law.

I'm sure you meant all those illegal Norwegian immigrants, and find their "theft" so dire that you chose to ignore the vastly larger problems at hand.

I apologize for the content of the article. I didn't have one quoting figures for illegal Norwegians handy. I will certainly post it if I run across one though.

There is a drug dealer selling crack to middle schoolers, by your logic we allow it to continue with our blessing because just across town there are people stealing police cars.

But they weren't. Instead of being upset about that, though, here you are telling us how utterly and reprehensibly evil those "illegal immigrants" are for managing to get minimum government assistance while busting their asses working in this country.

Do you really think people enter here illegaly by the thousands for a worse life than they had in their home country? If they are umhappy busting their asses then the hole in the fence is still there.

I say make 'em all citizens. Same with the folks who float over from Cuba; If you're willing to hoof it through the Mojave to get here, or if you build a boat out of two palm fronds and a sack of ping pong balls, welcome to America!

Nobody said deny citizenship. You want to do the work, pay taxes, and contribute? You do it the same way all the other naturalised citizens did it. By the law out and in the open.

edit on 1/20/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

[sarcasm]oh i now see the light[/sarcasm] problem i have with topic is children raised improperly and left thinking they have to be criminal to survive.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

[sarcasm]oh i now see the light[/sarcasm] problem i have with topic is children raised improperly and left thinking they have to be criminal to survive.

No the problem you have is assuming that children born into poverty automatically are being raised improperly or are destined for crime.

Those are assumptions. At best you are confusing the nightly news for the actual mundane world, at worst you are just being sour and hateful toward people that are suffering due to an economic crisis either personal or national....either way...one part ignorance...one part vitriol..and a big hole where your heart once was...it's tired and boring.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
600 Million,
That's less than Obama's vacation budget for last year.
What about the hundreds of billions we spent on hungry bankers?
Eh.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

starred because your kind words fuel me.of course there's kind and intelligent people in poverty. I know most demographics hold large ranges of people trash and treasures. I feel if we had less the ones we do have would not have to fight for jobs and over fill class rooms
edit on 20-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

edit on 20-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If they know that these people are illegal, why are they giving them benefits instead of deporting them? If they've had a kid here, let the mom and kid stay and deport everybody else; single parenting is rampant in this country and it can be done. I'm not saying it'd be easy, but it's doable; it's done all the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Those are also ridiculous sums of money spent on idiocy while the economy still struggles. However, if I cover every illegal use of money, wasted money, hush money, and buy my vote money, this thread would literally wrap around and around the white house.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
If they know that these people are illegal, why are they giving them benefits instead of deporting them? If they've had a kid here, let the mom and kid stay and deport everybody else; single parenting is rampant in this country and it can be done. I'm not saying it'd be easy, but it's doable; it's done all the time.

The Children are not Illegal, they are US Citizens.

Deporting one parent would increase the dependancy on welfare not reduce it. Single moms, often divorced or abandoned are the largest recipients of welfare.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

the 14th amendment should of been closed a generation or two after slavery.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

starred because your kind words fuel me.of course there's kind and intelligent people in poverty. I know most demographics hold large ranges of people trash and treasures. I feel if we had less the ones we do have would not have to fight for jobs and over fill class rooms

There are lots of advantages to "less people", but the last person who decided to cull the human population and decide who was "trash" and who was "treasure"...well he took the cowards way out in a bunker in Germany in April of 1945.

It's not our place and great men and women, people who change the world are often born into the most unlikely and difficult of circumstances. Hell if Joseph and Mary were alive today they would be living in poverty...maybe giving birth in an alley instead of a barn. I am not ready to look out upon the masses and judge and I doubt I ever will be.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

i would never advocate taking life, thats why i suggest its done before its started

adding:it is ironic, if my views where law i would not be here.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join