It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Do none of you realize that immigrants from Mexico (everywhere, really) are going to be the saving grace of this nation? We have steered away from production and moved towards artificial means of reporting GDP. Nothing here is real anymore... it's all in trading imaginary numbers. Again, we make less and less physical things as a nation. With our birthrates going down and everybody worried about our SS, why wouldn't you want a fresh generation of people willing to not only work, but work hard, in order to pay for your retirement? We have no future generation to provide for our nation as it is... we NEED these immigrants. We needed the first ones, too. How else are you here now?

Cuervo,
Not to be rude, but........ Have you thought about being the saving grace for your own country instead of coming here and bankrupting our's? If hispanic immigration was done responsibly I would have less of a problem with it but the reality of it, is it's not. I see illegals using EBT cards, with a wad of cash their not giving up and hopping into a new Escalade w/ 21"spinners full of kids, is that really the kind of people America needs here?
My state Colorado spends 1 billion dollars a yr educating just illegals and we have some of the lowest academic test scores in the country. School budgets are getting cut and the education of the children of US citizens are suffering as a result. Do you really think that's in the best interest of our country and it's citizens? Why should my taxes go to educate the children of people illegally in this country?
I don't want this to be an illegal bashing thread and definitely not my intent. I just think the people wanting to immigrate to this country need to respect and understand our concerns for the health of our country, as much as they want us to see theirs, but when they come here and abuse our system, it's morally and ethically wrong and they're start to really piss a lot of people off with their arrogant demands for US citizen rights, just saying.
edit on 20-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by ldyserenity

Because morally I can not advocate the starving of children. I get you. I understand that american children fall through thr cracks right along with their parents. That is what makes this so one sided and unjust. I have been denied as well, I remember being in tears I was so embarrassed to even be in a situation tohave to ask for help but I had no other option. I woke up that day to a faulty system that cares for others more than their own. It is disgusting to see others slide right through, get in their Escalades and ride off into the sunset. Something needs to change... yesterday.

Ok, so pay for it yourself. Why does the Govt get to force the US citizen into providing?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha

Originally posted by spolcyc
I'm sorry, maybe my thoughts align more with the animal kingdom on this one, if you can't get your own, you don't get any.

we seem to forget that we are animals, attempting to place ourselves on a higher pedestal only leads to discomfort. and most successful mammal are highly territorial for resource reasons

I am a human. Sounds like you have read "Animal Spirits" one too many times.
I have empathy towards my fell man. Therefore I know it is best not to provide, but to teach.
The Govt should not provide, as it does not teach and has yet to solve.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

empathy should be matched with an equal amount of distrust

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I find the whole shifting of the blame on Mexican citizens completely unfounded. For one, the affordable resources for an impoverished un-documented family are getting more and more rare. In fact, for ANY low-income family it's nearly impossible (correction: it IS impossible) to support yourself, let alone a family. This is not that individuals fault; it is the system for keeping up our slave-labor practices.

Do none of you realize that immigrants from Mexico (everywhere, really) are going to be the saving grace of this nation? We have steered away from production and moved towards artificial means of reporting GDP. Nothing here is real anymore... it's all in trading imaginary numbers. Again, we make less and less physical things as a nation. With our birthrates going down and everybody worried about our SS, why wouldn't you want a fresh generation of people willing to not only work, but work hard, in order to pay for your retirement? We have no future generation to provide for our nation as it is... we NEED these immigrants. We needed the first ones, too. How else are you here now?

Same retort over and over again. The mass amount of US Citizens do not hate Mexicans. We are feed up with all that feed at the trough of Govt welfare.
This topic is localized as to the Govt is providing to the children of illegals. Black, white, brown, yellow or purple. It does not matter. It needs to be stopped.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
600 Million,
That's less than Obama's vacation budget for last year.
What about the hundreds of billions we spent on hungry bankers?
Eh.

That crap needs to end also.
The whole spigot needs to be turned off.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
If they know that these people are illegal, why are they giving them benefits instead of deporting them? If they've had a kid here, let the mom and kid stay and deport everybody else; single parenting is rampant in this country and it can be done. I'm not saying it'd be easy, but it's doable; it's done all the time.

The Children are not Illegal, they are US Citizens.

Deporting one parent would increase the dependancy on welfare not reduce it. Single moms, often divorced or abandoned are the largest recipients of welfare.

How is deporting a bad thing? The children are the product of an illegal, who committed a felony in the process of getting here.
Deport them. If the child can stay, stay. If not, back to country of origin.
The anchor baby system was bastardized to accommodate this. If you look at the original law, it is clear that this is not how it was intended on being used.
Thanks progressives and the application of case law. Yeah

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

empathy should be matched with an equal amount of distrust

It is. That is why I teach and not just provide.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Thank gosh someone else thinks like me...if you can't afford the kids then stop having sex. Why should a taxpayer have to pay for someone else having a child? But hell no..they know that the taxpayer/government will support them. Why oh why did our government even start giving money, etc., to these people having these kids they can't afford? As long as the government supports this behaviour, and yes it is behaviour...called personal choice, then they will continue to have kid after kid.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

We debate even though we agree. I don't want to pay for it. I want the issue of them being allowed to stay here illegallyand get paid to be fixed. Period. That way nobody has to pay and we are not a party to the welfare of their children. Stop it at the source.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sharintexas

Star for that. There are too many legal and illegal people sucking the system dry. I am sick to death of these people who have 6 to 10 kids and use them like some kind of IRA .

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just so you know Illegal Immigrants pay taxes too...

Originally posted by Golf66
If you want to give to charities that feed illegal immigrant children feel free it is your right but stealing from the taxpayer to do it is illegal and wrong.

Oh, how I pity those who rely on Fox News to get their information in a daily basis...
Those "illegal immigrant children" are AMERICAN CITIZENS for your info. Taxpayers are paying money to keep other American Citizens alive, but strangely enough, I don't see you ranting about you paying even MORE for taking away the lives of other children... is it because they're not American but Israelis? Oh the humanity... how selfish of you.. and conservatives claim they're religious and stuff.. I haven't seen such hypocrisy since the Bush era and 9/11.

Originally posted by Golf66
Besides the illegals are like stray cats - you feed them cause you feel sorry for them then they start to expect it and hang around breeding until you can no longer afford too. Once you stop feeding them then they get destructive.

What's that supposed to mean? lol

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

i know a dude in jail for car theft and assault, has 13 children to 9 people, 5 grandchildren and hes 39

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

So we pay for his 3 free hots and 1 free cot + medical for him, who is taking care of the children? Please don't say what I think you are going to say. Somebody should have shut his "junk" up in a slamming door a long time ago...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

Cuervo,
Not to be rude, but........ Have you thought about being the saving grace for your own country instead of coming here and bankrupting our's? If hispanic immigration was done responsibly I would have less of a problem with it but the reality of it, is it's not. I see illegals using EBT cards, with a wad of cash their not giving up and hopping into a new Escalade w/ 21"spinners full of kids, is that really the kind of people America needs here?
My state Colorado spends 1 billion dollars a yr educating just illegals and we have some of the lowest academic test scores in the country. School budgets are getting cut and the education of the children of US citizens are suffering as a result. Do you really think that's in the best interest of our country and it's citizens? Why should my taxes go to educate the children of people illegally in this country?
I don't want this to be an illegal bashing thread and definitely not my intent. I just think the people wanting to immigrate to this country need to respect and understand our concerns for the health of our country, as much as they want us to see theirs, but when they come here and abuse our system, it's morally and ethically wrong and they're start to really piss a lot of people off with their arrogant demands for US citizen rights, just saying.
edit on 20-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

Not to be rude but this IS my own country. Presumptuous little man, you. You missed my point completely, however, so let me condense it:

1. Your economy is crashing.
  2. It is crashing because you don't MAKE ANYTHING.
  3. China and other manufacturing giants are taking the lead.
  4. Your social security is running out because of the baby boomers above you.
  5. Without a younger, larger population you will not recover.
  6. You will also never become a manufacturing giant EVER AGAIN with the current population trends.
  7. This country will die without immigrants. It is here because of immigrants. If you exist in 25 years, it will be attributed to the immigrants.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

i know a dude in jail for car theft and assault, has 13 children to 9 people, 5 grandchildren and hes 39

I had a bunch of friends in High School and College who were illegal, now they graduated (most of them with honors), paid themselves college tuition, etc, and want to go higher. They could make this country a better place, but instead they have to work at a McDonalds (for example) because they can't put their skills to the test (3 of them could be doctors by now, 4 psychiatrists, and 2 teachers) but because they have no social security number, they don't exist (figuratively speaking). By the way, 5 of them are Latinos, and 4 Asian.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
every demographics has its good and bad, im simply saying there has to be a line to each individual. if they come here and have 5 kids maybe they should'nt get more welfare then having 2. don't give incentives to drain us.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I have seen the families that do practice this lifestyle...lay around have kid after kid and get assistance...their kids do it, then those kids kids do it. They don't care how little they have as long as they don't have to get their ass up at 6am and work all day.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think that a welfare system like ours is far too easy to exploit and that most of the takers are just getting a free ride where they can.

Unfortunately,
Welfare is a drop in the bucket compared to what is being done to this country by the political apparatus and is honestly the least of our worries.

What's the difference between a welfare recipient and a politician?
A welfare recipient can't write his own check.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Which is why I added in the part about "if they've had a child here" because I'm aware of the fact that any child born in the U.S. is a citizen of the U.S. And as far as welfare goes, I'm aware that single moms depend upon welfare a lot of the time, but the situation described sounded to me as though we have entire illegal immigrant families on welfare. This means that letting the mom and child stay but deporting the rest of the family would have the net effect of significantly reducing the welfare payments.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join