It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in UFOs, why not believe in God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

Originally posted by PsychoHazard
Just to play devil's advocate here, probability dictates that in an infinite universe, there almost has to be other intelligent species, many of whom have been around a lot longer than us, and at least some of whom must have reached a level of technology advanced enough to allow for interstellar travel. On the other hand, I can't even begin to calculate the probability of of an omniscient, omnipotent, invisible man in the sky. This isn't to say that I believe either one over the other, just trying to put some perspective on the question. I'd also like to point out that if you take into account the maxim that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, then the probability approaches almost certainty that "God", or any deity/angel/supernatural being of your choice, was quite likely actually an extraterrestrial intelligence. So, with that in mind, I guess the real question evolves into "God(s), Aliens, UFOs, what's the difference?"

In an infinite universe ( doubtful we have already detected our universe brushing up against another universe and leaving a bruise, i think we are part of a bigger structure. ( yes i know the definition of 'universe' is everything so u can't call something else a universe, lets just call it our subsection of existence brushing up against another)

I do beleieve in intelligent life elsewhere ... but an an infinite universe there is a 1 in 1 chance that intelligent life will arise ................. What if WE are that 1 in 1 chance?.... scray thoughts sometimes....

On topic , mass organised religion .... no .. plenty of evidence that this is man made promise of riches later on for subserviance in the now.

The chance of there being an intelligent desiginer? certainly a chance of this one .... but not in any known form or concept that is currently worshipped on mass on the Earth.

So guess i am with most others ... E.T Yes .. god .. maybe...Do i belive 110% in either? oh no .. that would just be silly...

Actually there s guy who says we have seen the teltail signs of annother universe in the backgroud radiation
I'll try to find the reference for ya.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lioevilo

First of all, let me say that I am not saying I don't believe in God, but from a purely logical point of view, even if I had never seen anything strange in the sky (which I have), people I trust entirely have told me they have seen UFOs. And yet in all my years, no one has ever told me they have seen God. Many, many people have told of seeing UFO's all over the world and in space. People of high intelligence and training. And still.... no one has seen God to my knowledge, be it by word of mouth or in the media or on shakily filmed video. So I find comparing the two to be apples and oranges.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Maybe everything is connected and we haven't got a clue as to what constitutes an alien or demon or an angel or UFO. We humans give everything a name and want to categorize and pattern everything (that's how our brains work). I do think that there are good and evil forces at work in the unseen world, definitely.

Personally, I believe in God the creator of the universe and everything in between, I don't set limits on His power or design. I'm curious about everything that doesn't have an answer, but I guess I'll have to wait to ask my questions in the afterlife.

For the OP...I don't think there's any harm in asking the question, I thought hmmm, why not? Interesting feedback...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i agree with you OP, its just contradiction of the puny mind, one doesnt want to believe a supreme being has power over them... yet, those same people believe that the UFOs will come and either kill or save everyone (just examples from what ive seen here on ATS) even though those UFOs have never been seen. at least I can talk to GOD.
edit on 19-1-2011 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well i'll just throw out my opinion. I don't want to get too much into "God" because what I always try to explain may or may not coincide with the main term most know as "God." I believe strongly is some form of afterlife. Now if that exist's then I would question "why couldn't there be some form of god." Im stuck between a higher heavenly spirit, and "God" being everything.

I mainly believe though, that God is everything in existence. When I think of the conscious, I think of "God." The conscious could of somehow awoke and expanded, not by magic, but from things that can be documented in today's science as well. This whole Universe is built of what we know as life and death, everything is born in the Universe, and eventually dies in our terms. Even though life is Eternal, the Universe is Eternal. If it came from an atom, how did that atom get there? Now think of our concious, think of the depths our concious can take us with understanding life and creation. It's like with Edgar Cayce, who has ever explained him? Why did U.S Presidents go to him? Why did many of his predictions come true, along with many of his insights which were accurate? Why did he predict the day he would die and within a few days of the reading he died on the day he said he would? There have been others like him in history, but he was the most recent in the last century who had thousands of documented readings, and was by all terms "real." Learning about him, makes you believe even more there is a deep universal conscious. point im getting at, I believe there is an existence after death.

Now in connection with UFO's, I dont know if that is true or not. I think it could be, and maybe they could be type of beings who can be half physical and half spiritual allowing them to do the things they do if they are really the UFO's. At the same time, given the vastness of the Universe, im positive there are other intelligent species out there who are like us, who are not yet connected with the universal reality as a whole. Maybe there are some who are also completely physical but have more advanced technology than we do. So who knows, we won't know the truth until we die.

Just insane, knowing that it's practically over 100% fact that there are tons of other forms of creatures out there, some intelligent and some not so much. Thinking of what is going on and what they are doing this fixed moment. That is itself amazing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What a stupid, hard-up title for a thread about Aliens and UFOs. Why didn't you post it in the religion forum where any thread with god in the title belongs?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well first id like to say you are wrong there is absolute evidence we are being visited and im not just talking about the pics and vids now this question depends on what is god? to some hes this big white haired guy using pretty much magic whos enemy is a red horned monster i mean personally to believe in that is just silly now point of veiw is that god is the one that created us witch if the Sumerian tablets are correct would mean aliens kind of did well created modern humans and to some that would call em god i mean if u hoped in a time machine and were to go back in time with nothing more then ur cell phone and ur laptop people would most likely call u a god now there are 3 types of extra terrestrial civilizations type 1 witch can control the planet control the weather earthquakes stuff like that then type 2 is Stella they get there power from the mother star they use the power of sun pretty much then type 3 galactic they use the power of billions of stars if ur a bit confused by this think of this way type two is like star trek where type 3 is like star wars lol now i bet ur asking witch one are we? were a type 0 lol we get all our energy from dead plants however in about 100 years we should be type 1 i see evidence in the news paper everyday just look at NAFTA and the euro union we are getting closer and being less divided soon a one world government witch trust me is a good thing u know who make all those crazy nwo you tube videos? crazy religious nuts why? cuz they read how the bible says "and the beast had 9 heads" from that they think that means a one world government its just nonsense that can mean anything plus the bible was wrong about Meany things but they dont want to turn into type 1 why? cuz type one will bring true acceptance of meany culture difference these really are the terrorist but this system is important to ur question cuz type 3 if they wishes to expand they would send a bot or something like that to a system and that bot would be programed to start life now is type 3 god??? thats a good question also did all advance et life start as type 3? did ets come here a long time ago (like Sumerians said ) because they were ordered to? by type 3 is type 2 shutting off our nukes because they indeed want to see us turn into type 1 and so on? just stuff to think about srry if i got kind of cared away if u want the source of my very real ideal just read dr michio kaku books i believe him to be the Einstein our generation

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself. For a start believing in UFOs does not necessarily mean believing in aliens. They could be any number of things.

I have personally seen a UFO.

I have never seen any evidence, be it visual or physical of God. If I did I would re-access my opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
to me, I don't believe in religion. I mean come on, they slap a book in your face, and say read it praise it believe it. Religion is all man made. This doesn't mean I'm atheist, I am a deist. I believe there there is some form of deity out there, but I don't believe in religion. Its all corrupted and man made. As in aliens, we're not the only ones out here. People say Aliens created us, well who created aliens? Other aliens? Then who created those aliens. The list goes on and on.

If we find a civilization that was just like us all those years ago before Jesus came, and you send us there, and say "I'm god, praise me and none other" blah blah, they will believe you with the technology we have compared to them. God is apparently someone with infinite knowledge or whatever, then im pretty sure he would know that the race he created (us) would act really stupid, and he wipes us out with a flood on how we act. They say he loves us all, yet sends us to hell lol. Seriously, come on.

Whatever happens happens, eventually we will find the truth about it all, but for now people will fight over the topic, and even kill each other as it happens in some countries.

Above all, I'm a Deist, I believe in UFO's and Aliens. UFO's don't 'have' to be ET's, UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, so if you were to fly a B2 bomber back in the 1930's, they would consider it a UFO until they find out what it is

People say ET are here to destroy us, etc. If we found a planet with civilization with lower technology capabilities than us, what would we do? Try and contact them? What if they had a government system like us, and that system try to cover up the fact that we humans, are visiting them. Would we still try to contact, would we exchange knowledge, would we attack? Try and take over by other means?

Lots of people think inside the box and think about the same things over and over, as always, you gotta think outside the box. If God had infinite Knowledge and power, it wouldn't take him 6 days to make Earth, would take God a millisecond to create it all. If Someone had infinite knowledge and power, you can't imagine their capabilities. God would create a superior race that is perfect(not dominant), not a stubborn race like us.

Aliens may have evolved and are in 4th dimension 5th dimension, up to 12, 20, 100 and so on, but we shouldn't consider them 'Gods'. They may be able move objects with their mind, kill you with a thought, destroy a universe with a thought or create matter with their mind, the higher their dimension is or whatever, but still. They shouldn't be considered "God". God will stay unexplained for a very, very long time.

It will all be arguments and theories, but the truth will take a while to find out (about God). For Aliens/UFO's, people say the Government knows as much as we do, but truthfully, people act as if everyone on this planet isn't very smart. Anything is possible, and with the minds of this world, we can make things happen. but yeah, these are only my thoughts, I speak for myself.

edit on 20-1-2011 by krimletch because: added few things

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Oh yes, and just because something is unexplainable with our present science, does not prove the existence of God. It only proves we have a gap in our knowledge.

But UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. It is not a generic term for anything we do not understand. It has to be flying and it has to be unidentified.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The OP uses invalid reasoning to make this question.

By using the "Why not?" approach, you may catch someone who doesn't realize that the comparison is irrational. There are many reasons why one would not believe in God and many of them use completely different and unique factors to determine belief.

For instance, "I saw a UFO."

"I saw God."

Perspective of what is "seen" relies on a physical stimulus, in the first case, but on metaphysical vision for the second.

Why not believe in UFOs if you believe in God?

"Because God didn't say nothing bout making any freaking aliens!"

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This is going to go with a lot of what I will be hoping to show to all of you. I think that "God" is all, everything, total oneness. I dont think it was correctly translated as being a thing, thought, or matter. UFO's are vehicles that can travel from one planet to another, therefore carrying/transporting people/other beings. I have died twice in my life, both times seeing the God you all speak of. I just think that "Aliens" are part of this "everything" that is supposed to be "God". Take it or leave it, its fine by me. It is just the way I see life. I do believe we are not the only one, and do believe that there is something after this life. I just wont find out until I am there permanently. It is the same as "Athiests" saying that they want "scientific proof" of an afterlife. Its not going to happen until they reach that point.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You can say there's no concrete evidence, but I think evidence is better than no evidence at all. Besides, we can't say these are aliens, but we CAN say they're unidentified and many MANY people have seen unidentified flying objects. Including some very interesting, exciting examples! Like that one sighting where the police officer stepped out of his cruiser to watch a lumbering UFO slightly glide past him probably only 100 feet up. Remarkable. And definitely not venus.
edit on 20-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The definitions of UFO is "Unidentified Flying Object". They absolutely do exist, even governments admit that there are objects witnessed that defy explanation.

Whether they are alien, of Human origin or weather/space/light phenomena is open to debate.

And I believe in them and do not believe in a God (in the traditional sense) because I have evidence for them. But even though millions of people follow a God, they cannot offer ANY evidence which suggests their God actually exists.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Well because its easier to believe in life somewhere in the cosmos, since it exists here on earth, than to believe in a man in the sky that controls everything you do and punishes you or rewards you for your bad or good actions, that created everything even if we still have to do everything ourselves

To see life, I just have to look at myself... its a lot harder to find a good example for a God. I've never seen one for instance.

The difference is common sense really.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
To be honest, UFO's or other civilisations are more plausible...

Dont get me wrong, i was raised a Catholic and part of me will always beleive or hope there's more to the Universe than what we see.

When it comes to God all we have are stories, some thousands of years old and before that you were crazy if thought there was only one God in many parts of the world, theres were many Gods.

At least there are photo's and video of supposed UFO's ( not all could be fake ) thats more than we have of God, when it comes to God all we can do is beleive...untill we pass on and then it's a mystery.

People can beleive in UFO's without having seen one themselves or even a photo etc but at least we can investigate it and as time goes on we will have more tools to investigate it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You can't believe in ufo's simply because a UFO is an unidentified flying object, i have seen object in he sky which i didn't know what they were at the time, i realize now it was probably Chinese lanterns a human creation. Just because something in the sky of which you do not know what it is, doesn't mean little green men are going to come out.

God on the other hand is a matter of choice as there is no proof he exists or doesn't exist.
edit on 20/1/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Butt how do you know which God is the right God and which ones are False Gods.
I tried saying, will the real God take one step forward, and they all took one step backwards.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
OP is entirely correct.

If there is a GOD, he/she is most likely an alien. Angels could be Aliens with wings, or jet packs. Who knows. Personally id like to think jet packs

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lioevilo
Lets throw out some cold hard truths.Although, there has been many, many, people who have seen ufos, there is no concrete proof that they do exist. Sure, there have been photos and videos, but this is all speculative.It just makes me nuts for people to believe in something that is not provable then totally shoot down the idea that there is a God.

Mods, I wasnt sure where to place this. either in the UFO section or the God section.Thanks

UFO is short for Unindentified Flying Object. Do I believe in Unindentified Flying Objects that have been recorded in numerous footages and photos? Yes I do.
Do I believe in all mighty good God who allows innocent people to get killed by thousands by earthquakes and injustice all over the world who has never been seen, whos existance so far hadn't been proven?
Of course not. I do have brain and I can think for myself. 2+2=4

So what's the big deal?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join