It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in UFOs, why not believe in God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lioevilo

Why does belief in one mean one has to believe in the other? Some people believe in Hollow Earth, some people believe in Mermaids, some people believe in Ghosts, some people believe in God some people believe in ET.

Just because you subscribe to a certain idea doesn't mean you have to automatically subscribe to every idea going. What does the belief in a deity have to do with belief in alien life?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

No for in other stories he may have been a fierce war lord that eliminated an entire planet or 2 of evol fallen creations. And they wrote of him during their move into deep space for their deeds.

Others may have viewed the as a destroyer of oppressor beings.

Earth once again will view the as the who took Earth rullers to war for the souls of Earth to be freed.

Multiple deeds same attitude no matter location. Seek out evol and destroy it as sent by the creator or Father.

the may have been given a army from each sector and these sectors are getting closer to EA as of now to finalize this battle thats been going on from time of ignorant exit of fallenz ( who wished to create and rule their own)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

It should be a very sensitive topic since it can clarify the origins of ANY SPECIES ON OR OFF EARTH. So I see your point my friend and we all should be diligent in finding the many scattered clues of our EXISTENCE so keep up the good work!!!

edit on 1/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

The point is that both claim to be factual. My question was why do people claim to believe in one and not the other?Why believe in one fairy tale and not the other? ( I believe in both btw) Im just trying to figure out why.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

No photos or vids of God
No reports of radar contacts
No mass sightings in the modern era, only in centuries old texts
Sheer statistics suggest we aren't alone out there

However, it's hard to believe that there isn't some kind of divine force behind the Universe, even if it's just the collective gestalt of human (or otherwise) intellect. It just seems too weird to me that all of this just "happened".

That said though, I don't think ANY religion has it right...mere attempts at we silly little monkeys trying to describe and label that which cannot be so labeled. We define such a force in human terms (and imagery) or simply state it can't be comprehended. BS. It can, and constantly is being understood by many, even if only in their own ideas of what "IT" is...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I believe in both a creator of ALL and ALL...
S&F for good mind thinking.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They are two completely different concepts. It's like asking if you enjoy having a beer once in a while why don't you like baseball games?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoHazard
Just to play devil's advocate here, probability dictates that in an infinite universe, there almost has to be other intelligent species, many of whom have been around a lot longer than us, and at least some of whom must have reached a level of technology advanced enough to allow for interstellar travel. On the other hand, I can't even begin to calculate the probability of of an omniscient, omnipotent, invisible man in the sky. This isn't to say that I believe either one over the other, just trying to put some perspective on the question. I'd also like to point out that if you take into account the maxim that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, then the probability approaches almost certainty that "God", or any deity/angel/supernatural being of your choice, was quite likely actually an extraterrestrial intelligence. So, with that in mind, I guess the real question evolves into "God(s), Aliens, UFOs, what's the difference?"

In an infinite universe ( doubtful we have already detected our universe brushing up against another universe and leaving a bruise, i think we are part of a bigger structure. ( yes i know the definition of 'universe' is everything so u can't call something else a universe, lets just call it our subsection of existence brushing up against another)

I do beleieve in intelligent life elsewhere ... but an an infinite universe there is a 1 in 1 chance that intelligent life will arise ................. What if WE are that 1 in 1 chance?.... scray thoughts sometimes....

On topic , mass organised religion .... no .. plenty of evidence that this is man made promise of riches later on for subserviance in the now.

The chance of there being an intelligent desiginer? certainly a chance of this one .... but not in any known form or concept that is currently worshipped on mass on the Earth.

So guess i am with most others ... E.T Yes .. god .. maybe...Do i belive 110% in either? oh no .. that would just be silly...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
What if one of those 'species' was a hyper dimensional being? And I am not ruling out that the majority of religions on planet earth today could have been based on a visit from a being able to do miraculous things.

Wasn't it Arthur C. Clarke that said "Any technology sufficiently advance will be indistinguishable from magic?"

Humanity lives in 3 dimensional world. I won't discount a being that can operate in multiple dimensions, just because our primitive science can't detect them as of yet.

Is that being 'God'? Maybe to our primitive understanding. But maybe it is. A being so far advanced he can manipulate the laws of physics as we know them.

I think humanity gives themselves more credit than they deserve for the understanding of the universe.....

I'm talking about "God" as the 3 major religions see him. An omnipotent being that doesn't have a physical form that is 'everywhere' at all times.

I am interested in all of the ancient alien theories though, and think they provide a better reasoning for our history on earth than "Yahweh".

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't believe that other worldly craft have visited our planet Earth.
I KNOW that other wordly craft have visited Earth, because I've had the fortunate luck, in having seen an other worldly craft, show off it's true color's, while the foofighter was parading around inside Earth's atmosphere, one night, years ago near Washington D.C..
At the present time, my belief, is that the other worldly craft, and it's occupant's that have visited Earth, and God: are synonymous with each other.
For now, I would politely question a person, on why he does does not believe that other-worldly have visited our Earth.
And yet, I would not question, or have bad thoughts about a person, who believes that other- worldly craft, have visited Earth but does not believe in God. Because I BELIEVE IN FREEDOM OF RELIGION, or even freedom of non-religious belief's.

Erno
edit on 19-1-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 19-1-2011 by Erno86 because: mis-spelled

edit on 19-1-2011 by Erno86 because: added three words

edit on 19-1-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 19-1-2011 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I believe in UFO's and also in GOD.....so I already believe in both anyways...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Im sorry, If your talking about god thats in the christian bible or any religion on earth. I don't believe in that sense of god.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well the OP: lioevilo got himself banned.

Good topic.
Interesting discussion thus far.
I've been reading along since I posted on pages 1 and 2.

edit on 19-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
300+ sextillion stars in our known universe.....300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Of course there is more life out there...even 1 in a trillion would meen trillions of other life harbouring planets....we just havent found them yet.

There has never been any proof of a god....just a book written by man.
There are millions of sightings of UFO's, including the government. As the moderator above said...theres plenty of evidence for other worldly crafts visiting us.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I believe in UFO's (I saw one many years ago) AND I believe in GOD. I do not, however, believe in organized religions.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Two different things. I can not believe that there is life 10,000 feet below the oceans surface, but when they show me the evidence, I believe. How do we ever do that with God?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lioevilo
Lets throw out some cold hard truths.Although, there has been many, many, people who have seen ufos, there is no concrete proof that they do exist. Sure, there have been photos and videos, but this is all speculative.It just makes me nuts for people to believe in something that is not provable then totally shoot down the idea that there is a God.

Mods, I wasnt sure where to place this. either in the UFO section or the God section.Thanks

no there is no concrete proof they exist to you. however if somebody sees a u.f.o. then that would be proof to them that they exist. your mixing up what can be proved to you with what somebody else saw and either believes or knows.

If you believe in UFOs, why not believe in God?, because i have seen a u.f.o. but i have never seen god, hence i have seen first hand evidence of u.f.o.'s but i see no evidence whatsoever of god.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Probably because I hear the term "Holy war" alot where as I don't hear the term "ET war"alot.

Like the people who belive in UFOS generally don't suicide bomb people who don't.

I mean to my knowledge Erich von Daniken has never told anyone to burn a wtich alive because the aliens don't like them.

I guess when MUFON starts kicking down doors and putting people in the rack , I might get away from my belief in aliens.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I see no problem with either God or UFO's

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

No photos or vids of God
No reports of radar contacts
No mass sightings in the modern era, only in centuries old texts
Sheer statistics suggest we aren't alone out there

However, it's hard to believe that there isn't some kind of divine force behind the Universe, even if it's just the collective gestalt of human (or otherwise) intellect. It just seems too weird to me that all of this just "happened".

That said though, I don't think ANY religion has it right...mere attempts at we silly little monkeys trying to describe and label that which cannot be so labeled. We define such a force in human terms (and imagery) or simply state it can't be comprehended. BS. It can, and constantly is being understood by many, even if only in their own ideas of what "IT" is...

Couldn't say it better myself

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join