It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in UFOs, why not believe in God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Lets throw out some cold hard truths.Although, there has been many, many, people who have seen ufos, there is no concrete proof that they do exist. Sure, there have been photos and videos, but this is all speculative.It just makes me nuts for people to believe in something that is not provable then totally shoot down the idea that there is a God.

Mods, I wasnt sure where to place this. either in the UFO section or the God section.Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I agree why not.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would have to say I am Agnostic on both counts - could be, might not be. Until I see an alien, craft or hear from God I am on the fence. As far as UFO's I have seen one but believe it was military - a low flying hoover type craft going toward the Navy Base - it was so low it was barely above the roof tops. I just stood and watched in awe, but I do believe it was military. Good thread - interested in hearing what others have to say.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't see "God" as the mythical diety as Christians do, But I do think early man thought anciet ETs as Gods, and I do think these Gods effected the planet and humanity. I do see God more like the universal intelligence that permeates the entirity.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lioevilo

This goes on the assumption that those of us who believe that some UFOs are piloted by Visitors don't believe in a Higher power/God/Great spirit etc as well....

One can believe in both and some of us do.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The belief in aliens does not break any of our current laws of the understanding of the universe. We're here, there are potentially hundreds of trillions of planets out there, a few million of them are bound to be like earth, therefore aliens.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I do believe in both "UFO's and God" (even if my view of god is very different to the common religions), but of course I don't have any evidence for anything of this, that's why it called "belief".
And the most important factor of believing something is to accept people who doesn't believe in it, or believe in different things.
So I wouldn't say that people who believe in UFO's HAVE TO believe in God, just because it's both speculative.

Everything just should keep a open mind... believeing, not-believing, it's a personal thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I down religion as a source of control from a few humans to many. I see ufo's as there and were always there. In my eyes God is the universal spiritual power and the galaxy is far to BIG for us to be the only ones.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is a stub of a thread, it's a very poorly asked and loaded question. Well there is a ridiculous amount of proof of the UFO and alien presence on Earth, if you haven't found it, you're not looking hard enough. Also, it depends on what you mean by God, if you mean Hebrew God then you need stopped there, YHWH was likely Hadad or one of the other alien Gods who decided to change his name for the Hebrews, he is the one who shaped the future of our idea of God. So if you expect UFO researchers to believe that YHWH is the universal source of all life, then you're absolutely ridiculous. Believing in a subject that is quite valid doesn't mean you have to believe in another subject, that's like saying that if you believe in our high spiritual capabilities, then you also must believe in the biblical devil (also an alien).

It's obvious that aliens exist, it's common sense, and it's quite obvious that there is a greater intelligence that created the physical and metaphysical universes, and it's quite obvious for that to work, that everything must be connected with that omnipotent Source as an integral part of it.

I created the biggest thread ever, about 190 single spaced word pages, just for people like you, it's the link in my signature, I suggest it, even just for additional "proof". I'll likely one day email the mods and post some sections of it, since ATS is what inspired me to make it, but it's far too large for a thread on here.

Here are some great threads by SkyFloating that helped me quite a bit, they're about how the ancient Gods were clearly aliens: they are Of Emperors and Sky Gods, Of Flying Dragons and Metallic Discs, and Of Ancient Wars and Spacecraft.

Recent books I've read that do a good job of showing this glaringly evident truth is Serpents and Dragons by R.A. Boulay and Gods, Genes, and Consciousness by Paul Von Ward.
edit on 19-1-2011 by SincerelySarcastic because: Add SkyFloating's amazing threads and the books

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So let me get this straight.
Even though thousands of people see UFO's that are obviously highly advanced craft with possibly ETs in them, that means they don't exist? Photos and videos are better than nothing. No one has photos or videos of God.
To me, these two things aren't even comparable. I would like to know why you think UFOs don't exist?
Just because no one has brought you one and set it on your front lawn does not mean they don't exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm not catholic, but I can understand what the vatican for get how to spell his, Monsignor Corrado Balducci, I think it was... "How God created all beings in his image, Why would Gods power stop at us?"
How many years did it take "them" (the vatican) to come up with a back up plan for when ET's arrive or make them selves known? can any one answer that?
edit on 19-1-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add/change

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just to play devil's advocate here, probability dictates that in an infinite universe, there almost has to be other intelligent species, many of whom have been around a lot longer than us, and at least some of whom must have reached a level of technology advanced enough to allow for interstellar travel. On the other hand, I can't even begin to calculate the probability of of an omniscient, omnipotent, invisible man in the sky. This isn't to say that I believe either one over the other, just trying to put some perspective on the question. I'd also like to point out that if you take into account the maxim that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, then the probability approaches almost certainty that "God", or any deity/angel/supernatural being of your choice, was quite likely actually an extraterrestrial intelligence. So, with that in mind, I guess the real question evolves into "God(s), Aliens, UFOs, what's the difference?"

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If you believe in UFOs, why not believe in God?

I once asked how someone could believe that an invisible, omnipotent spirit being created the universe and all that is in it in six days... but then call those who believe in ET crazy.

I now often wonder how some can can believe in ET, UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoot, Nessie and Mothman but deny the existence of God. In fact, God may be the greatest scientist in the galaxy, who can manipulate matter and energy like no other.

Anything is possible. Anything.

I also wonder how some see it preferable to have our civilization saved by a race of extraterrestrials, but don't like the idea of a deity returning to unscrew our massive mess. I mean, either way, we are a failed race that could not rise above its own instinctive destructiveness.

We nurse so many contradictions while embellishing a severe headlong shortsightedness.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's all down to a little thing called freedom of choice

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

just because something has yet to be proved or disproved, does not mean you should have to believe in it...so no, because i do believe in ETs and UFOs, does not mean i have to submit my mind to more delusion.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
I don't see "God" as the mythical diety as Christians do, But I do think early man thought anciet ETs as Gods, and I do think these Gods effected the planet and humanity. I do see God more like the universal intelligence that permeates the entirity.

That's the feeling I have too, that the ancient gods that were combined into the Christian God were misunderstandings by a slightly more primitive people who didn't at that time know about natural phenomenon.

I do believe there is such a thing as God although I don't buy into the lies and "mumbo jumbo" as it were of religious teachings and theories.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Didn't the pope recently express his approval for the search for extra terrestrial life? Saying it would be good if we found some, and that all life was created under God anyways? So it wouldn't downplay an existence of God but be a good show of His creative abilities? haha.

Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe in both. The UFO part since I`ve seen them actually myself and God due to it gives be a peace I really enjoy but there are times I question why God lets some of this stuff go on forcing me to sin.

edit on 1/19/2011 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is in no way a "loaded" question or a poor attempt to troll a thread. I am just curious as to why some believe one and not the other and vise`vera. the common denominator is that both subjects can not be proven. God has not come down here and said, hey Im god, and aliens have not come down here and said, hey look at me!! I think I have posed a good question. sorry for coming off obtuse.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lioevilo
This is in no way a "loaded" question or a poor attempt to troll a thread. I am just curious as to why some believe one and not the other and vise`ver[s]a. the common denominator is that both subjects can not be proven. God has not come down here and said, hey Im god, and aliens have not come down here and said, hey look at me!! I think I have posed a good question. sorry for coming off obtuse.

Woo hoo! Well said!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join