It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in UFOs, why not believe in God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ask yourself WHO MADE E.T/ALIENS. May they possible be creations in images of their fathers as well as we are modified creations of our fathers. GOD made their daddies fallen or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
our gods are aliens, there is no such thing as an all powerfull magic force, gods = aliens they made us. they are just far more advanced than us, which is why people in the old ages thought they were gods because their technology was too complex for them to understand so they called it magic or powers. if you were to go back to ancient times with a helicopter they would think you were a god also.

Now the bible everything written is possibly true, its just that idiots have taken it all word to word, it is just all simply misinterprated. its all about the aliens, gods riding chariots of fire, angels come down from the stars = all aliens and alien craft. The bible was wrttien like this because ancient man had no other way of describing it

go watch ancient aliens it all makes a hell of alot more fricken sense to think the bible is all alien.

same with angels, demons all = aliens

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lioevilo
reply to post by Jay-morris

I guess what you are trying to say is that one is within the material zone, and one within the spiritual zone. Is what you are saying ,that material things can be known and spiritual things cant? I dont quite understand.

edit on 19-1-2011 by lioevilo because: miss spell

Its simple what i am trying to say! But saying that, i don't disregard a God completly, because anything is possible i guess. But me personally, i have seen no evidence of God. But ET is logical to me, and chances i believe are hight that there is life out there. In fact, i believe there is a chance we will find some sort of life in our own solar system.

As for ufo's, while some are inknown, that does not mean ET. But there is more than enough evidence that something unexplained is flying in our air-space. Militery sightings alone tells you that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg

Originally posted by Jay-morris
And as for God, there is no evidence at all that a God exists. Everything that religious people use to believe, has been proved wrong by science. Im not saying there is no God, but i don't think its likely in my opinion.
if it is not likely, you must have done some caulations. How much is it "not likely"? Is the chance 10% 20%? Where are these figures published?

There is no scientific evidence which argues against a designer per se. In fact, one could easily argue the opposite. That evidence for a designer is, for example, found in the fine tuning of the universe. There are plenty of philosophical arguments in favor of a designer as well. I'm not going to rehash any of those here, they've been part of academic debates for centuries. Atheistic counter arguments are not at all persuasive, many of those arguments too are religious at its core (e.g. why is there evil?).

In the end, it all comes down to a person's worldview. And worldviews are not changed easily.

I don't believe its likely, because i have seen no evidenceof a God. Its as simple as that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I actually don't know if I believe in either.
God and UFO's.

I believe that there is other life out there, I just don't think we've been visited by it, that WE know of. Unless Jesus was an alien. I mean, was that a halo in all the drawings, or an oxygen/whatever he actually breathes bubble?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
many i think confuse God with Jesus, its a fact that any religion based upon the Son of God coming to Earth would crumble once Alien life is confirmed out there..

Why do you think they used to burn those who said that the Stars seen in the sky were Suns like our very own....because this also meant that there are many but many worlds like our own ..all with their own Jesus and Mohammed....or how can you explain that the Son of God has chosen Planet Earth from all the trillion billions planets out there ??? or did the Son of God repeated his story on every Planet???

but since then the Story of the Son of God coming to Earth stays..and bring Wars, Death, Corruption, Fear....this is not meant to offend in any way many of those who practice or represent in any form their religion they have no fault in this

maybe thats why Disclosure has not yet happened who knows.....or maybe thats why we arrived up to the moon and never went further...compare it to anything you know in life...a computers used to be big aas much as 2 rooms, you all recall how mobile phones used to be...i remember my first CD Writer used to take all night to copy a CD with 80% chance of success...this is humanity..always evolving...not in space exploration though which makes me so sad

i believe that religions did interfere with Space Exploration.

this is my opinion and i believe thats why many well knows brainers dont like religion.

God is another thing...i believe there is a creator of the universe..not that he is caring on every individual in the universe...but who can figure out what behind such an amazing invention...but again the story of the son of god coming to earth doesnt fit with the model of a universe full of life.

edit on 19-1-2011 by heineken because: my english is horrible but my maltese is great

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Doesnt scientology and mormons believe Jesus visited and saved other beings from other worlds?
I could be wrong???

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

Doesnt scientology and mormons believe Jesus visited and saved other beings from other worlds?
I could be wrong???

no dude imo jesus is a myth

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They are inviting us into the Star Wars, that is the reason for us to be so
courted.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Jesus did exist but was made to be more like a god by the catholic church by taking chapters out of the scrolls.

Just like they, the church, made the calender to old roman and Norse gods for the days, too (fact). To me their more like a monarchy, Kings and officials, sorta speak, imo. But thats another topic prolly been talked about here before

edit on 19-1-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

I could be wrong???

NO!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Jesus did exist but was made to be more like a god by the catholic church by taking chapters out of the scrolls.
Just like they, the church, made the calender to old roman and Norse gods for the days, too (fact). To me their more like a monarchy, Kings and officials, sorta speak, imo
edit on 19-1-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

i see but he wasnt the son of god right?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I could be wrong???

NO!

A WHY would help i think

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I could be wrong???

NO!

A WHY would help i think

He is the son of GOD. You just gotta except who GOD is to understand the LAMB...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Okay, I think we veered a little off topic. This thread is not a thread to discuss if Jesus was god. This thread was an attempt to discuss why people believe in things that are not verifiable such as UFOs. Please try to stick to the topic. thanks
edit on 19-1-2011 by lioevilo because: added something

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ok... Jesus was abducted by Alien Beings and sent back only for a minute ? Now hes in heaven with the ark in the most holy place with the greys ?

Joking but yeah as I pointed out, I believe the One true God created us and other beings in his image. thats Y we look the same almost. We both have 1 rounded head, 2 arms, fingures, 2 legs with feet, and 2 eyes. We share common-ness so we must have been created By One. Or Evolutionary traits were the same sum how buy similar ecosystems. ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Jesus said: " Love people."

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's really very simple...

Since 'God' and all the associated 'beings' are NOT OF THIS EARTH by definition that makes them all true ETs.

Not sure why that is hard to grasp for some

Now if Lucifer was cast down to Earth... that makes him a landed immigrant. Wonder if Bush et al issued him a green card?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now if Lucifer was cast down to Earth... that makes him a landed immigrant. Wonder if Bush et al issued him a green card?

Lucifer would have to go through all the legal channels and requirements just like all the rest. No special preferential treatment.

I would take his claim for political asylum due to persecution highly suspect knowing the perceived background of that individual.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
It's really very simple...

Since 'God' and all the associated 'beings' are NOT OF THIS EARTH by definition that makes them all true ETs.

Not sure why that is hard to grasp for some

Weird but technically, yeah.... double jepordy???

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join