It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in UFOs, why not believe in God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
probably because more people have (myself included) have witnessed a ufo first hand. photographic/video evidence by millions of sane credible people. there is more evidence in the case of ufos. where is footage of god or jesus or allah etc... there is none. and another thing, any time you see something in the sky that is unidentifiable, that is an Unidentified Flying Object. it doesn't only pertain to "alien craft".

also before i end this, how do you know that god isn't an alien? (technically he would be one). what makes god legit but zeus, horus, gilgamesh, krishna, shiva, apollo, etc... "myth"? it's completely hypocritical, especially with the PROOF that these "mythologies" existed before christ and the bible. not to mention the religions that came before all have some sort of virgin birth, death and resurrection. sounds awfully familiar. i'd believe that ET beings came down and visited and were treated as gods before i believe that there's a god that created the earth and universe. if he did, what's the point of creating a vast universe that can only be seen with mega telescopes?

possibly posted already, but incase it wasn't....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I am not sure about an actual "God", but all I know is there is an afterlife. There is tons of proof out there that proves it, yet it's just something most people cannot come to terms with, so it stays skeptical. Matter and energy are contained within this Universe and cannot be destroyed or created, it's eternal. We are energy, I have seen it with my own eyes which makes me believe it more. We're eternal. Everything is.
edit on 20-1-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mattyboy4u

I agree exactly. Everything you said was spot on.

Did you have NDE's?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i think you mean if you can believe in god y not believe in aliens. Many people believe the interpretation of god means alien. ive been watching ancient aliens on the history channel and alot of their theories seems to make perfect sence

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lioevilo

amazing thoughts. lot of people here say "ignorance, do not be fool" but people need something to believe in... they need to believe in what they see, or to invent something then. Good post man, i rather take second option which in my PERSONAL case i have reasons... but have never seen a small one, or a grey/brown/carrot one.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
For me, it is easier to believe in Aliens, based on the fact that WE exist. This PROVES that life, as we know it exists, therefore proving the possibility of it existing elsewhere.......

But, there is no precedent for "god like" beings that I am aware of.....only lore, so to speak.

So, scientifically speaking, it would be much easier to theorize about and believe in living beings than it would to believe in gods.....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Undoubtedly, the words God, extraterrestrial, and alien all describe the same thing.
The real question is: Are they physical beings, internal manifestations,
or spiritual entities from another plane of existence entirely?

I submit this:

We unequivocally understand a physical dimension of reality.
All things we experience in this plane are from a similar plane of existence.
Parallel universe, alternate dimension and/or time, may overlap with this experience.
But by definition alone: God was an extraterrestrial alien; having come from someplace other than earth and its atmosphere. Jesus, by traditional descriptions was born to an earthly mother, son to a "god" from the sky "heaven".

Check out the link below, click on the cover image, and read more for free. IT"S AWESOME!
I was once very religious. IT CHANGED MY VIEWS OF EVERYTHING!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yeah they are probably the same thing mate. I remember somebody saying the Bible was the greatest ufo story ever written when replacing the word god with spaceship. From personal experience I can say there are many links, probably the most amazing is the talk of manna emitted from gods chariot - this is actually fact! Angels too

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lioevilo
Lets throw out some cold hard truths.Although, there has been many, many, people who have seen ufos, there is no concrete proof that they do exist. Sure, there have been photos and videos, but this is all speculative.It just makes me nuts for people to believe in something that is not provable then totally shoot down the idea that there is a God.

Mods, I wasnt sure where to place this. either in the UFO section or the God section.Thanks

Then again, if you believe in God, which God do you pick and why exclude Santa, elves etc?

Food for thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

If you've got nothing to contribute to the thread, why bother posting? The thread is also about ufos, hence the forum. Or is god somehow more important meaning it should go in the religious?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

In an infinite universe ( doubtful we have already detected our universe brushing up against another universe and leaving a bruise, i think we are part of a bigger structure. ( yes i know the definition of 'universe' is everything so u can't call something else a universe, lets just call it our subsection of existence brushing up against another)

I personally think you're right.
If it's one thing we keep learning about the Universe, is that it is bigger and has more layers than we previously imagined.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I've seen crafts in the sky turn tight figure 8's around one another that were obviously intelligently controlled. Combine that with the MILLIONS of other people reporting all that goes along with the UFO Alien discussion. Then consider that the Military of all nations actively hide the truth of their encounters. Subtract all the nut jobs and replace them with the film and footage of advanced craft in our Sky's. Factoring in the vastness of the Milky Way galaxy which is but one of trillions that exist in our Universe will cause you to realize that it becomes more reasonable than not to believe that the Earth is and has been visited by intelligent beings from somewhere else.

God, if you are to believe in it will offer you zero evidence of any kind. (Unless you consider Jesus's image showing up in a grilled cheese sandwich.) Now lets look at gods supposed great creation, Man... Mankind has 4000 known genetic disorders. Some of these genetic conditions affect children in horrible ways. Why would God do that to a baby? So you have to wonder why God would create such a crappy life form to be its dominant creature on Earth? Some here would postulate that Eve screwed it up in the Garden of Eden, I've try-ed to talk about God without becoming religion specific and if you would like me to point out all the other silly things the bible says I can. I'm trying to be nice

So...It all comes down to whats easy to believe in answering your question. Its easy to believe that Earth is being visited, unless you say to hell with the evidence. "My mind is already made up." And hard to believe that God would make such a crappy creation, never show Itself and allow baby's to suffer unimaginable pain due to buggy genetic code!
edit on 20-1-2011 by Niccawhois because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Because humans are creatures of habit, tell them many lies upon more lies, repeat as necessary and sure enough people will believe in UFOs, God, etc. And look at where it's gotten civilization: more psychotic people with information overload and they just don't know what to do with their knowledge but go coo-coo!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

How can you put a persons belief in God and UFOs on the same level? That makes no sense!

Belief in God = believing in an all powerful super being who made everything.

UFOs - believing that there are people from other planets who are visiting Earth.

Im a skeptic of UFO reports, however the second is easier to swallow then the first. First off, we've seen that life does infact evolve in the universe, and can become intelligent and develop technology, we are proof of this.
However, we have never seen gods.
Believing in UFOs merely requires one to postulate life arising elsewhere, and advancing to a degree capable of interstellar flight, something even our science finds may be possible.

Gods have never been claimed nor proven, and science finds theological claims ludicrous. Ergo these two ideas are not even remotely on the same level.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I believe in both i am just not sure either is visiting earth.

There are several passages in the bible that could point to life on other planets

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
because ive seen a ufo,
never seen god
and its just seems more plausible to me, the whole idea of aliens rather than god

who knows maybe there can be both?

i just dont tend to believe anything in the bible...

they only reason i believe in the CHANCE of a "god" is personal belief, and i give the chance about 1%

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This question truely can't be answered convincingly to the religious because belief in God is about faith and not logic BUT i will try.
Belief in Aliens - Alien life is statistically impossible to not exist given the science of evolution and most likely intelligent life also. The question then becomes "do they visit earth" and that is up to individual to decide if there is enough evidence out there.
Belief in God - Is exactly the same as belief in Aliens visiting earth except this Alien can live forever, didn't come from evolution (just poof and he is here) and most importantly can do fricken MAGIC. I mean has the magic to do anything, against everything we know about laws of science.

So you see one is a belief in Aliens and the other is a belief in an Alien with magical powers. That's how you can draw the line between them.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
God is a primitive idea that represents ignorance. What's that great metal winged beast in the sky? It must be God. What's that thing that created us and watches over us and judges us or takes care of us... Must be God. The idea is just so juvenile, and it seems that despite our advancements as a society we still hold to these ignorances mostly by tradition.

God has become a word to represent an ideal... "my God wouldn't do that..my God would be merciful and understanding..." or "God will judge those people"... Just replace God with "I" in the deepest sense.

If ever there was a being that came to earth, intermixed with man, or rain fire down upon us, I think we sound like an ignorant primitive tribal folk to say it was God who did that, rather than accepting the more likely scenario, that it was simply someone who had the ability to come from the sky, mix with us, and rain fire down upon us.

Religion is to control and divide, to create followers. Love is universal... God is ignorance...

To say there are UFOs is to shed that ignorance in favor of reaching for logical reality.

edit on 21-1-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So i can be in the same league as GOD?
I can compare myself to GOD?

1: UFO, UNIDENTYFIED FLYING OBJECT
What so special about them, they must exist, or is it that evrything we cant
identify doesent exist? I say they do exist. And do so abuntantly...
2: Aliens, like someone said in the beginning of the thread, hundreds of trillions
of stars and planets. Seriously...We, Alone...No way, like Spock would have said.
ILOGICAL
3: GOD, not one single thing exept, feelings, can explain that. And no, im not
talking about Jesus, Husband to Mary. You know, the carpenter from Jerusalem.

IMHO you cant compare God, Ufos and aliens..Three totaly diffrent things.
God is, something you feel.
Alien is just like me.
UFO is, i dont know. Its UNidentyfied.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe in both....

The proof of God's existance is all around us from the beginning of time. Life is life and with that comes disease, pain and hunger...etc. But joy, peace and love are ours too. Believing in God is a personal journey for each and every individual. Because we have free will, the choice is ours and ours alone. God does not need us to fight his battles, but to be living examples of His love.

Could aliens be the watchers? or angels of God? Are there humans on other planets? I would like to think so. I believe our universe is bigger than we can EVER imagine.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join