It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 to 2012 - Youtube video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

How many more links do you need that show earth's rapid changes?
There are quite a few links above your post. I have plenty more if you need them...

Where do you get your resources that state "all is well"?
What links do you have?

Did you read any of the links? I doubt it. Let me help you out by reviewing the links.

I skipped over that post of links since nothing there was of interest. It tells us that airports need to be updated when magnetic north changes. It's not just airports, it's maps and any other place that uses magnetic devices for orientation. GPS is not affected. It's not based on magnetic devices sensing the Earth's magnetic field.

But now let's review the links to see how ridiculous these are when placed into a 2012 forum:
news.blogs.cnn.com...

Tony Barnston, lead forecaster at Columbia University’s International Research Institute for Climate and Society, said two phenomena – La Niña and the North Atlantic Oscillation – are likely responsible for the patterns we’re seeing.

The article is clear that this is not a 2012 related event. It is most likely due to known processes.

today.msnbc.msn.com...
Read the article it is an FAA requirement that the runways are labeled to report their orientation.

The Federal Aviation Administration required the runway designation change

www.bgs.ac.uk...

A magnetic reversal in progress?

The South Atlantic Anomaly (SAA) is known to be growing in extent and spreading westwards from South Africa, as the Earth’s internal magnetic field rapidly weakens in this region. This may be early evidence of a forthcoming reversal in the direction of the Earth’s internal magnetic field. We do not know in detail precisely what occurs during such reversals, including the changes observed in the magnetic field and the time a reversal takes to complete. However these factors are important in knowing where the radiation risk may be increased and how the atmosphere might respond.

The article makes it abundantly clear that no one knows if this indicates a magnetic reversal is happening. There are changes. Changes happen all of the time. Records are being made in case this is evidence of a reversal, but no one knows.

A horoscope article about precession which has been happening for ever? How ridiculous to include that link.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thomas Posch, of the Institute for Astronomy of the University of Vienna, said that a local change of the horizon was 'by far the most obvious explanation'.

He said as the ice sinks, so to does the horizon, creating the illusion that the sun has risen early.

The Earth's axial tilt and rotation have not changed. Local conditions changed. How is this related to 2012? It's NOT.

www.cbc.ca...

Wayne Davidson, a weather researcher in Resolute Bay, said warmer thermal layers over cold dense polar air cause light to bend and travel farther.

You get the idea now. Read what is posted and learn something. These are interesting links, but have nothing to add to the 2012 claims.

I skipped over a few you can handle on your own. Now let's look at Harrington. I didn't bother looking at all of the Harrington. I've seen this stuff before. What is important is understanding this astronomer in his time. When he was looking for Planet X there was an issue of perturbations. This means that the planets were not moving to places that were predicted. The difference is a perturbation. After Harrington's death it was discovered that Neptune's estimated mass was off by 0.5%. Adjusting the solar system models with the new value removed the perturbations and the search for planet X based on perturbations was over.

Deadliest Floods
As far as the flooding claims go have you ever bothered to look at floods in history? NO is the obvious answer. The most recent bad flood listed here is a 2004. Floods are not as deadly despite the fact that the world has a lot more people that back in the 1930s.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
sry dude but your post is an Epic Fail...

it is full of :

Tony Barnston, lead forecaster at Columbia University’s International Research Institute for Climate and Society, said two phenomena – La Niña and the North Atlantic Oscillation – are likely responsible for the patterns we’re seeing.

LIKELY

A magnetic reversal in progress?

The South Atlantic Anomaly (SAA) is known to be growing in extent and spreading westwards from South Africa, as the Earth’s internal magnetic field rapidly weakens in this region. This may be early evidence of a forthcoming reversal in the direction of the Earth’s internal magnetic field. We do not know in detail precisely what occurs during such reversals, including the changes observed in the magnetic field and the time a reversal takes to complete. However these factors are important in knowing where the radiation risk may be increased and how the atmosphere might respond.

We do not know in detail precisely what occurs during such reversals,

Thomas Posch, of the Institute for Astronomy of the University of Vienna, said that a local change of the horizon was 'by far the most obvious explanation'.

He said as the ice sinks, so to does the horizon, creating the illusion that the sun has risen early.

by far the most obvious explanation'.

Cant you see we are right???

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON..BUT SOMETHING IS GOING ON...

AND I WILL KEEP ON POSTING VIDS ON YOUTUBE
edit on 18-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The odds of a tenth planet existing totally out weighs the possibility that 8000 birds got spooked!

There are only 8 planets. Astronomers are looking for a 9th possible planet. The claim by the Kobe university is not based on the discovery of something tugging on the outer planets. No, no, no. It does not state that in the article, nor does it imply that. The planet proposal is based on theoretical considerations of solar system formation.

Even if this object exists it cannot have anything to do with 2012. It is small and distant. It's 3x the distance to Pluto. when it gets closest.

The bird deaths happen all of the time. It's not unusual. The chance it happened from fireworks is reasonable. The chance of a 9th planet existing is slight. Remember this is based on theoretical considerations of solar system formation and addressing the distribution of known objects in the soalr system rather than on gravitational perturbation studies.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ok I actually appreciate your point here and think that you do have a point (that we shouldn't jump to conclusions without first researching), soooo bring forth your evidence that this is all normal and this rather silly little argument will be done.

All you are doing is trolling, picking fights and being aggressive.

Debate like a grownup, don't squabble.

People on this post have brought evidence, or what they think is evidence of changes occurring now, you need to counter this with evidence to the country (dyslexia kicking in!), evidence that says that this amount of strange weather patterns and dieing animals etc is normal, then this debate is done.

Im not saying this is what's happening, im saying it's interesting and bringing ideas to the table, I suggest you do the same or stop trolling

I have seen a few of your aggressive posts in the past and you never seem to back it up. Be constructive to the discussion, be curteous, stop being rude...debate, discuss and inform...no one likes a hairy, smelly little troll

peace

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

it's all speculation when it comes to a pole shift, or a planet coming. Hell, Planet x or Nibiru may not even come any closer than pluto.

That's false. Pole shifts are not happening. A magnetic reversal may be starting or may not be. No one knows due to the paucity of data. Planet X/Nibiru is not happening. No speculation required. No new planet can enter the orbits of the known planets. That is well known. There can't be a new planet within 8x of the distance to Pluto otherwise it would be picked up on whole sky surveys.

The fact is that even if a planet comes as close as Pluto to us, it may be devastating to our planet! No one really knows.

False. The moon isn't devasting to us and it is much closer and has a large affect on our planet.

The only things that we do know is that our planet is going through some SERIOUS changes right now.

These types of events are short term changes. The floods are due to short term cycles such as El Nino.

Floods happening everywhere at an increased rate, earthquakes happening everywhere at an increased rate. Even fires are more rapidly happening in Russia/central africa/(bc canada)ect ect. Oil is running out and the prices are going up. economies all over the world are collapsing and having riots/revolts/revolutions.

Floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, fires ... are not happening any faster today. They are not more powerful.

Oil is not running out today, or tomorrow, or even 25 years from now. It is a limited resource and eventually will be produced at a trickle compared to today. That is how all limited resources are produced and used. But again, that has nothing whatsoever to do with 2012.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

stereologist

Member was on ATS 15 minutes ago. - yeyyyyyyy lets party!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

That's false. Pole shifts are not happening.

No one knows due to the paucity of data.

Well, there ya have it. Arguing with himself!

The 'paucity' of data wasn't the case with the indigenous people and their innate wisdom of the Universe and nature.

Perhaps forecasting the future is as simple as looking to the past?

Seems egotistical modern science, has one too many beakers on the Bunsen burner and looking in the wrong places for answers.

To me, modern man looks more like an inept Neanderthal with (diplomas, credit cards and bombs) than a caveman looks with a simple camp fire! (did that make sense?
The insult is in there somewhere
)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

did not see you around today :/

off to gym..take care of my thread while im away..tnks dude..

clutch..u 2

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

There are only 8 planets. Astronomers are looking for a 9th possible planet.

Did you actually just type that? You're going on the defense with semantics?

Science, once again, doesn't know what's what and whose who in our solar system. Dwarf planets? The asteroid Ceres. Europa?
Puh-lease.

So if they don't even know what's what and who is who in our own little tight knit galactic 'hood, why are we relying on them to tell us what's further out there?

At that, there could have been 10 planets in the Solar System, and maybe more.

That's right boys and girls....baby steps. And here's another spoonful of truth too

NASA Science. Science News
10th Planet Discovered
Astronomers have found a new planet in the outer reaches of the solar system.

science.nasa.gov...

Now, go take your nap and we'll wake you when there's more 'revealing' to report!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The arguments back and forth always crack me up, so thanks to everyone for some chuckles this morning.

Does it matter if we are entering into 'End Times' or Polar Shifts, or anything else?

The fact is that our society is more dependent upon technology than ever before in our history! Computers power the global economy, water systems are dependent upon electricity for the most part, and besides myself and a bunch of people here on ATS, I don't know more than a handful of people anywhere around me that can identify edible plants or knows how to make soap from a yucca plant.

I am a businessman and a father of four wonderful children. I make major deals happen every day, and I teach my kids how to play legos, and how to be nice, and how to give each other First Aid if needed.

Both sides might be right, but I do not care. I know that if an Earthquake like the Indonesian one a few years ago occured anywhere smack dab in the middle of the Western World (California, New Madrid, Europe, or anywhere else), that our economic system would take a hit that would knock us into a massive depression, or worse.

I know that if a CME knocks out our power grid, that my neighbors will not have any clue on what to do, where to go, or when to do it.

When, not IF, we have another World War, or BP destroys the rest of the Gulf or the Artic, or so many other things that make people here on ATS debate each other like no other (volcanos, EQ's, Mayans, HAARP, etc), than our society will be put to the test, just like the Romans.

They stuck their heads in the sand, and like wow, wasn't the Dark ages a fun time for everyone back then?

So please people, keep on cracking me up with the debate on what is going on right now. The rhetoric is very entertaining, but the end will be the same.

Until humans respect our own past, wake up to the present, and be mindful of the future, we are screwed. Anything can really knock our civilization on its knees right now, and I think a lot of the hsyteria around here on ATS is that many people are finally waking up to the fact.

With scientists revealing new ways that we can all be crushed all the time, it makes sense that people are becoming super polarized on the idea of civilization-wide catastrophe. When I saw the news the other day about the fact that California gets completely flooded every couple of hundred years, my jaw dropped:

"The scientists built a model that showed a storm could last for more than 40 days and dump 10 feet of water on the state. The storm would be goaded on by an "atmospheric river" that would move water "at the same rate as 50 Mississippis discharging water into the Gulf of Mexico," according to the AP. Winds could reach 125 miles per hour, and landslides could compound the damage, the report notes."
source: news.yahoo.com...

A storm like that would destroy our economy on a scale that makes Katrina look like a puddle.

So thanks for arguments, please keep on arguing, and I'll keep on making my kids laugh, making some decent money, and I'll keep on with one eye pointed towards the future and hope that I don't see the Dark ages become a reality in our time (which I am sorry to say that after living on three different continents and studying our past, that I do think will happen sooner than later).

And by the way, S&F for this thread.

Thanks, and have a great day!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I would recommend that every member of ATS read 'Fingerprints of the Gods' by Graham Hancock.

He explores the correlations between historical religious references, ancient sites and structures, and the evidence for a mantle and pole shift.

The evidence is out there and has been for a while. The Earth goes through periods of massive change. This results in incredible floods, melting of the ice caps, shifting of the poles, powerful earthquakes, and a possible slide of the mantle around the core.

When I first read this in 2000 I was open minded but a little skeptical. And I have always been skeptical of the 2012 theory. But I do now believe that we are seeing the start of an event. Whether that has anything to do with the Mayan calendar or our impact on the Earth is still to be debated.

However, I don't believe that this will result in an extinction, or even a massive loss of life on the scale people predict. It will change our societies for certain, and it will be a very dangerous time. But I fully expect us to survive this just as the evidence shows we have survived this several times before.

Looking through historical accounts, several civilizations experience catastrophic floods, earthquakes and disasters, and all at the same time. But none of them really knew about the others. We will have that advantage thanks to the media. But all we have to focus on is our own events, the ones that actually affect us.

Those near fault-lines, flooding regions and coastlines need to worry. The rest of us just need to prepare for snow, cold, heavy storms, shortages of necessities and social instability. But we should really be focusing on that to begin with anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist[There are only 8 planets.

Not according to my source he says there are 9 planets; debate over!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

All you are doing here is showing why people need to do research. Your post is a demonstration of how poorly people are able to organize information. You grab onto a few items and think it is meaningful or connected or out of the ordinary. Not true.

You need to look at a subject such as floods and see that bad floods 80 years ago wiped out millions in a single event. Floods today are killing less people, yet the human population is much greater today.

There can be increased local flooding in areas due to the actions of people. Construction and deforestation and over grazing can lead to greater run off or in some cases greater damming due to things like bridge constructions that slow down the passage of water.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

No one is denying that there may be another object out there that is planet sized. The only issue is that the object has to be far, far away. The 2010 articles supposes that the object could be 1/3 of a light year away. The orbit would never come much closer. That is a long way off. It is hard to detect. It is unlikely that there is star orbiting our Sun. Why? Because WISE didn't detect it and WISE has finished its survey of the skies. The 2006 write up discusses older news - the interesting orbit of Sedna. But WISE, the best chance at detecting a companion has come up with nothing. If there is something out there it is far, far away and small and difficult to detect.

The evidence is not mounting for a companion. It is demonstrating that it is less likely.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I am presenting FACTS and ONLY FACTS so i deserve replies backed up with facts and evidence..links etc

You are not bringing facts to the table. You are telling falsehoods. You can't even get the terms pole shift and magnetic reversal correct and you claim to be bringing up facts?

just to point out what we might be heading to ...can you relate these images ?????

Anyone that claims that they can relate these images needs to go back to the 4th grade. There is no time line or caption on the first image. You might as well have shown a yoy-yo in the first image. That would be more in line with your claims of only presenting facts.

The latter image you posted simply shows the plates and a short period of seismological data. So what?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

OMG! Who cares about NASA facts anyways? Who funds nasa en.wikipedia.org... So why would you listen to them. They wouldn't give you the truth unless it was OK by the UNITED STATES CONGRESS! Everything released by NASA is 5 to 10 to 20 to 50 years behind because of red tape! So all you people out their asking for a source?????? and then if someone does have a NASA source it's all like "ok I believe you now cause NASA said so!" JUST POINTING OUT A FACT FOR YOU!

NASA Research Finds 2010 Tied for Warmest Year on Record www.nasa.gov... Here is some NASA info for you. also fitting for this thread! spooky to, it has a graph! lol

I always love to see people making contradictory posts. First you don't trust them and then you say the info is all old and then you suggest using a 2010 info release from NASA. Why are you trusting this info and how did you get access to it if it shouldn't be released for 5 years?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SurReality

The point of the video this gentleman made is that things are changing here on our Mother Earth. If you can't see that then well....ur blind.

Another contradictory post. First the person complains of others being rude and then calls people blind.

Many people are not being blind. They are just smart enough to deal with the "Emperor's New Clothes." Others just claim to see what is not there.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

now IMO when the Mayans warned us about the galactic alignment they meant to this alignment..not of the planets but like here you see...

The Mayans did not know about galaxies. They did not know about this alignment. They have no prophecies or warnings associated with the long count calendar. Why do you persist in repeating these falsehoods?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The user asked for a NASA link and you provided a link to a hoax site. Why is that? Why don't you provide a NASA link or at least have the courtesy of saying that the best you can do is repeat a falsehood someone else posted?

This lame article you linked to begins by telling the same old lies about the IRAS data that detected a new type of galaxy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

tnks for your post but telling you the truth..you have not convinced me in carrying on with what im doing..have a nice day

It's the old "I refuse to learn" tactic. How trite. Have you considered trying to educate yourself and actually obtain facts instead of avoiding the facts which show that you are incorrect?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join