It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 to 2012 - Youtube video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Are you claiming that there are more riots or that riots are better recorded? In old times an uprising here or there would not be recorded. Or possibly records were lost. Did you make an effort to adjust for the fact that the world population is many times bigger now than then and that there are more cities and larger cities and more towns?

This will help you to understand that everything has a cycle to it!

That is simply not true. Cycles may exist and they may not. To claim that there is a cycle for everything is the sort of one size fits all mentality that leads to obvious failures.

Things without cycles:
1. Earth creation - happened once
2. Oxygenation of Earth's atmosphere - happened once
3. Development of technology - each technology is invented at one time

Continue the list on your own

Some cyclical events:
1. Day and night
2. The year
3. Eclipses
4. Alignments

Some not so clear cyclical events - really repeated events
1. Floods
2. Forest fires
3. Extinctions

I hate that when I come to a great post on all of these forums and the first people to respond are the people always asking for links or just TROLLING. And they don't just do it once, but over and over again until a great thread is lost because no one want to read the TROLLS garbage over and over again. To those people that want NASA links, your just going to go and have to search for yourselves because they have thousands of documents and links to outside sources and I don't have time for a government cover up site like that!

I see you and others as the trolls. It is the repetitive posting of falsehoods and links to hoax sites that ruins a thread where it is possible to discuss what is happening.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

The article is very clear that is not a discussion of a pole shift. The link is about a magnetic reversal.

The false claim that the fireworks explanation has been discredited is nonsense. It still stands as the best evidence that this was the cause of the issue. There may be lame woo sites claiming otherwise, but that is to be expected.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

800,000 years ago was last Pole Shift we have evidence of...this aint NORMAL event for humanity

There have been no pole shifts in the last 200 million years. The last magnetic reversal was 800,000 years ago. How can anything you state be trusted if you can't get this simple issue straightened out? This is not the first thread in which you have misused these terms. Are you trying to mess with people by perpetrating a hoax?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

till now..im just connecting the dots mate like it or not

There is a special term for this sort of dot connecting. It is apophenia.

Apophenia

Apophenia is the experience of seeing meaningful patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. The term was coined in 1958 by Klaus Conrad, who defined it as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness".

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

If there is anything - it is man made - HARP, skynet 66 satelites and other high-tech

Any evidence for any of this? Of course not. This is just repeating some weird nonsense stated somewhere else on the internet. These floods are local events.

Take a look at some really bad floods - how about Pakistan.
Pakistan Floods

You probably know that the Nile flooding every year was important to ancient Egypt.

The same is true of America's Mississippi River
Mississippi flooding

Flooding has been an integral part of Mississippi history, but it took a toll during the years after the Civil War. Major floods swept down the valley in 1865, 1867, 1874 and 1882. Such floods regularly overwhelmed levees damaged by Confederate and Union fighting during the war, as well as those constructed after the war.

List of Floods
The worst flood of central Europe was in 1342.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

the reversal of the Earth's magnetic poles = Pole Shift

now get a life noob

You lied again! No surprise there.

If you did any research at all you'd notice how silly you look. A pole shift is a term from Hapgood and Hancock to describe the situation in which the Earth's crust slips on the surface to reorient the apparent rotation axes, NOT THE MAGNETIC AXES.

Of course you don't know this because you are avoiding doing any research.

Have a good day noob.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

A POLE SHIFT IS HAPPENING NOW...you dont agree??..BRING FACTS DUDE OR GET A GF

You claim that a pole shift is happening, but no pole shift is happening. There has not been a pole shift in 200My. A magnetic reversal may or may not be happening. No one knows. The links you have used have been very clear on that matter. Your claim that it is happening is a lie. You are purposely misrepresenting the links you have provided. You are also exhibiting a lack of understanding when you equate a pole shift and a magnetic reversal. They are very different events with very different effects.

Can you show us where you got the loony idea that the Mayans knew about galaxies, a galactic alignment, or had any prophecies or warnings concerning the long count calendar? Of course not, since that is all a lie as well. The oldest claims for these sorts of hoaxes come from New Agers in the 1980s.

Pole shift

The cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis is the conjecture that there have been rapid shifts in the relative positions of the modern-day geographic locations of the poles and the axis of rotation of a planet

Pole shifts are rotational axis issues, not magnetic issues.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Mass bird deaths have been recorded not just weeks but for centuries. It is a known phenomena.

Dying Birds, Fish, Crabs, and Other Animals

According to PBS Newshour, federal records have indicated that there have been at least 16 reported incidents of mass bird deaths in the United States since the 1800’s.

How often do we read in the newspaper about mass strandings of whales. It's not new.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You claimed in several posts that a magnetic reversal is happening, yet here you show that NO ONE is making such a claim. Your claims are lies. You are not telling the truth when you claim that these links support your claim that a magnetic reversal is happening now. In this very post you show that your "is happening" claim is a falsehood.

Go ahead. Keep on making videos that are full of lies. People are not dumb. They will see the lies and tell you what you are.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

People on this post have brought evidence, or what they think is evidence of changes occurring now, you need to counter this with evidence to the country (dyslexia kicking in!), evidence that says that this amount of strange weather patterns and dieing animals etc is normal, then this debate is done.

Sorry, it is not up to me to justify your conclusions. It is up to the person making the claim to justify their conclusion. I do not have to show that these absurdities are false. It is up to you to justify that they are strange. I do not see anything strange here.

It is also a misuse of the term troll to say I am trolling. Please look it up. What I am doing is pointing out that the claims being made here are often false claims, even downright lies.

Take the term pole shift. I did not come up with that term. That is due to Hancock who was writing about the idea of Hapgood. They have defined the meaning of the term, not me. In science it is known as a TPW. I am being a little lax on that for the sake of this discussion.

Although I do not believe in things Hancock claims, here is the term discussing on Hancock's website:
On the Possibility of Instantaneous Shifts of the Poles

Lots of other unsubstantiated rubbish has been posted here such as Mayans and the galactic alignment. Show anything at all that demonstrates that the Mayans knew about galaxies. They did not know about precession of the equinoxes although they did know that their observations were incorrect after a 100 years or so. They could not identify the cause of the problem, but they recognized a problem existed.

I have seen a few of your aggressive posts in the past and you never seem to back it up. Be constructive to the discussion, be curteous, stop being rude...debate, discuss and inform...no one likes a hairy, smelly little troll

Heineken can tell you how he has been rude and has been chastised by the mods for his less than admirable behavior.

If people don't know the difference between a pole shift and a magnetic reversal, even after being told they are making a mistake countless times, then it becomes obvious that this is not a backed up effort. The facts are not there to make claims about the Mayans and Nibiru and strange weather and all of the other odd duck claims being made.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The 'paucity' of data wasn't the case with the indigenous people and their innate wisdom of the Universe and nature.

There is no such thing as innate wisdom. Indigenous people do not have any more wisdom about nature than anyone else.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Henieken,

Please do me a favor and ignore this troll. I mean this guy is a clown and all he does is clog up threads. IF WE PAY HIM NO MIND, HE WILL LEAVE.

In regards to your video, thanks for sharing. Not sure if you've ever seen this presentation, I would recommend doing so. The title may seem off topic, but once you get into the heart of it you will see that Hoagland talks directly to the coming pole shift.

edit on 18-1-2011 by OnTheFelt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

There was a very good reason for removing Pluto from the listof planets. It is small when compared with our moon and it also fits in better with a class of objects being discovered now.

Science, once again, doesn't know what's what and whose who in our solar system.

Science can demonstrate what is in the solar system.

So your puh-lease needs to be replaced with a knowledge of what is there and why science makes the classifications it does. Gravitational studies are used to show that no new planet can exist within 70AU. Here I am using the current definition of planet and not some out dated use of the term. Whole sky surveys such as project Pan-STARRS pushes the limit out even further to 320AU. That's 8x the distance to Pluto. Brown is working towards completion of his Kuiper belt survey and has not found anything that is even close to planet sized.

Notice the date of this article. It is 2005. That is before the definition of a planet was changed.

Human_alien it is important to check dates when looking at information. You have inadvertently mixed apples and oranges because this link refers to a time before Pluto was demoted.

Now, go take your nap and we'll wake you when there's more 'revealing' to report!

Why the rude comment? Embarrassing isn't it to be rude when you made a mistake.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The geological evidence is very clear that pole shifts have not happened in 200 million years. It is also clear that pole shifts are slow. They taken millions of years to occur. In geological issues they are fast since the shifts occur at rates of 1 meter a year. Hancock's claims of recent shifts are wrong. Hancock's claims of rapid events is also wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

That's hilarious using a kid's show! Thanks for the giggle. This must be before 2006 when Pluto was demoted.

Pluto Not a Planet, Astronomers Rule

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Here is another rude post. I notice you make no effort to refute any of my statements. Why is that?

The facts are very clear that this video is based on misrepresentations, hoaxes, and even lies.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Science 'classified' the Earth as flat too!

Ever wonder what we're going to look like say....in 200 years from now? We're going to look like total idiots (if science didn't destroy this planet by then).

I won't look like an idiot because I don't believe in science, academia, religions or governments. Yup, I am a runaway free-spirited non-conformists who knows better.

I may not have the answers (because my memory/knowledge was wiped out as was yours) but I know what's wrong though.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by stereologist

Sorry, it is not up to me to justify your conclusions. It is up to the person making the claim to justify their conclusion.

Yet here you are claiming the OP is full of lies by just your word. Are we then just to believe what you say without showing your reasoning behind your stance?

I do not have to show that these absurdities are false. It is up to you to justify that they are strange. I do not see anything strange here.

Yes, you do. Others have asked, I am asking too. Are we just to take your word for it or are you actually going to provide something of relevence?

What I am doing is pointing out that the claims being made here are often false claims, even downright lies.

Pointing out, yes! But are you yourself not guilty of telling lies, here in this discussion. Well seeing as its " ONLY " your word then I myself feel you are lieing.

So, for the umteenth time, if we are to believe what your saying is true.....can you PLEASE provide evidence of such? Its really not that much to ask, really

I have to say, I'm really enjoying this discussion with great interest. Its just a pity that the " Counter Argument " cant be met with sufficent backing of their word.

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 18-1-2011 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
The arguments back and forth always crack me up, so thanks to everyone for some chuckles this morning.

Does it matter if we are entering into 'End Times' or Polar Shifts, or anything else?

The fact is that our society is more dependent upon technology than ever before in our history! Computers power the global economy, water systems are dependent upon electricity for the most part, and besides myself and a bunch of people here on ATS, I don't know more than a handful of people anywhere around me that can identify edible plants or knows how to make soap from a yucca plant.

I am a businessman and a father of four wonderful children. I make major deals happen every day, and I teach my kids how to play legos, and how to be nice, and how to give each other First Aid if needed.

Both sides might be right, but I do not care. I know that if an Earthquake like the Indonesian one a few years ago occured anywhere smack dab in the middle of the Western World (California, New Madrid, Europe, or anywhere else), that our economic system would take a hit that would knock us into a massive depression, or worse.

I know that if a CME knocks out our power grid, that my neighbors will not have any clue on what to do, where to go, or when to do it.

When, not IF, we have another World War, or BP destroys the rest of the Gulf or the Artic, or so many other things that make people here on ATS debate each other like no other (volcanos, EQ's, Mayans, HAARP, etc), than our society will be put to the test, just like the Romans.

They stuck their heads in the sand, and like wow, wasn't the Dark ages a fun time for everyone back then?

So please people, keep on cracking me up with the debate on what is going on right now. The rhetoric is very entertaining, but the end will be the same.

Until humans respect our own past, wake up to the present, and be mindful of the future, we are screwed. Anything can really knock our civilization on its knees right now, and I think a lot of the hsyteria around here on ATS is that many people are finally waking up to the fact.

With scientists revealing new ways that we can all be crushed all the time, it makes sense that people are becoming super polarized on the idea of civilization-wide catastrophe. When I saw the news the other day about the fact that California gets completely flooded every couple of hundred years, my jaw dropped:

"The scientists built a model that showed a storm could last for more than 40 days and dump 10 feet of water on the state. The storm would be goaded on by an "atmospheric river" that would move water "at the same rate as 50 Mississippis discharging water into the Gulf of Mexico," according to the AP. Winds could reach 125 miles per hour, and landslides could compound the damage, the report notes."
source: news.yahoo.com...

A storm like that would destroy our economy on a scale that makes Katrina look like a puddle.

So thanks for arguments, please keep on arguing, and I'll keep on making my kids laugh, making some decent money, and I'll keep on with one eye pointed towards the future and hope that I don't see the Dark ages become a reality in our time (which I am sorry to say that after living on three different continents and studying our past, that I do think will happen sooner than later).

And by the way, S&F for this thread.

Thanks, and have a great day!

nice post man...

i was a bit hurt knowing your laughing about me still i really liked your post..that scientist are in a way guilty is a brilliant thought, also the Romans comparison was cool

gl to u and ur family

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by stereologist

There are only 8 planets. Astronomers are looking for a 9th possible planet.

Did you actually just type that? You're going on the defense with semantics?

Science, once again, doesn't know what's what and whose who in our solar system. Dwarf planets? The asteroid Ceres. Europa?
Puh-lease.

So if they don't even know what's what and who is who in our own little tight knit galactic 'hood, why are we relying on them to tell us what's further out there?

At that, there could have been 10 planets in the Solar System, and maybe more.

That's right boys and girls....baby steps. And here's another spoonful of truth too

NASA Science. Science News
10th Planet Discovered
Astronomers have found a new planet in the outer reaches of the solar system.

science.nasa.gov...

Now, go take your nap and we'll wake you when there's more 'revealing' to report!

thank you for helping out m8

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join