It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa warns solar flare will cause devastation.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Britain could face widespread power blackouts and be left without critical communication signals for long periods of time, after the earth is hit by a once-in-a-generation “space storm”, Nasa has warned.

National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years.

Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.
In a new warning, Nasa said the super storm would hit like “a bolt of lightning” and could cause catastrophic consequences for the world’s health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken.
Scientists believe it could damage everything from emergency services’ systems, hospital equipment, banking systems and air traffic control devices, through to “everyday” items such as home computers, iPods and Sat Navs.
Due to humans’ heavy reliance on electronic devices, which are sensitive to magnetic energy, the storm could leave a multi-billion pound damage bill and “potentially devastating” problems for governments.

Sources: www.telegraph.co.uk...

hubpages.com...

This is rather scary considering we have just had a massive solar flare right now

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

www.solarcycle24.com...

Since when has anyone actualy belived anything that is printed in a tabloid??

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Since when has anyone actualy belived anything that is printed in a tabloid??

People may not believe tabloids, but I am taking a wild guess here, that they would believe Nasa.
Here it is direct from the nasa site.... I'm sure there is a whole lot more on the site than that, this is just the first I came across while looking.
science.nasa.gov...

So my opening post had my source as to be from a British newspaper,
Here is the source from the US media, for those interested.
www.foxnews.com...:+foxnew s/latest+(Text+-+Latest+Headlines)&utm_content=Google+Reader

It is stated it could take 4-10 years to recover, costing $1 trillion and $2 trillion in damages.

Another interesting read.
www.solar-storm-warning.com...

Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.
"History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."
Who's right? Time will tell. Either way, a storm is coming.

science.nasa.gov...

edit on 15-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

the only things that would still work would be nuclear icbms..God does have a sense of humor after all...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
NASA warns of a solar flare causing destruction???

Do they not mean an Iridium flare? Caused by man en.wikipedia.org... causing destruction.
Iridium Communications Inc., www.iridium.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
the company that operates the satellite constellation
en.wikipedia.org...

Yet another amazing coincidence?
Check out my Iridum thread, theres more than one connection here. Iridium connects to realy every thrad on here, time line , pole, shift, weather anomalies, HAARP etc etc prophecies and also the meaning of Iridium in other ways, and how it all relates to frequencies and a conspiracy that involves the frequencies that are being transmitted.

I have the proof on my thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those of you interested in astronomy? After reading the link above regarding the constellation and the satalites
en.wikipedia.org...

Please read the full link. So now.....how many of those stars you see actually stars? Also in the link above did you notice this en.wikipedia.org...:Iridium_Satellite.jpg and how it looks very similar to this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You cant deny the fact that light that was reflected could have had the image altered by simply moving those little mirrors on the satalite and therefor would be able to create the image seen.
And yet another connection to Iridium. Its connected to everything. Especially the frequencies.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder/heads up. But, I'm gonna hit the snooze button for another year

I remember reading about a storm like this back in the 1800's... No, I'm not over 100 years old. I mean the storm happened in the 1800's.

I guess the telegraph operators were having problems with transmitting their dot's and dashes.
One operator decided to unhook the system from the battery. The system started to work for him, while it was disconnected. Apparently, there was so much electricity in the air, the telegraph wires were seen glowing.

Something like that anyway...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

Thanks for your post!

I prefer to take the route of being prepared asap (need to hatch a plan first, hehe!)

There is speculation that it could be any time from here on out that it happens. Nasa said ''around'' 2013... but with the amount of recent changes, I will feel safer being prepared soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Good post, I had no clue we had another solar flare last night either.

Someone already said it but this is indeed old news with the electronics being disabled.

I hate to be on the " world ending mass death" point of view, because I'm usually on the "wishing for mass death is crazy" side, but I'm kind of hoping we do get a solar flare and lose our current way of life and the whole world becomes a 3rd world country and have to deal with what they have been. It is really the only way I could see humanity renewing its status of warmongering primates to potentially being a race of advanced peaceful beings.

That is if the war mongering countries decide to put down the guns and work together for the survival of our species, I think its only then that we can change our old ways and begin to heal the damage we have done to our planet.

We have not had electrical devices for a very long time, its still a fairly "new" invention. We have no idea if the sun creates these flares on a few hundred year cycle and it is actually impossible to live the way we do for long periods of time.

[Puts on tin-foil hat]

Now if we plug that answer into all the other "conspiracy theories" it would start to clear some unanswered questions I have.

1. Why would alien civilizations be even remotely interested in our species?

So they can view a once in a while event, the grand extinction of a species old way of life and a decent into the darkness, only to come back a better species and a potential ally in the future.

That is taking into consideration that the "modern" state civilizations like ourselves are very rare and scattered far apart from each other in the universe, maybe even a galaxy event that happens every few thousand/hundred thousand years. That would certainly make our planet a very interesting place to visit as an otherworldly being.

2. The whole 2012/2013 thing.

Now it could just be bulls*it, on the other hand it could actually be a marker of an event, so its a 50/50 situation giving either situation equal possibility. That said, maybe this type of event would be something that these beings that are watching us have been waiting a very long time to witness, and have even told us about this event thousands of years before it happened.

Given the likely altered lifespan, reaching into unknown potential, maybe even immortal through unknown science. So with that being a possibility, they could very well of had enough time to visit us and tell us these things.

Not forgetting the amazing buildings that stand that were build thousands of years ago before the technology was discovered, the ancient relics that suggest the future discoveries we will find and use, machine marks in the cut stones on said buildings, the same stories around the world of gods visiting them dating back to ancient times. Could all these things just be random mysteries that are not related at all? If we plug in the aliens as an answer to all of those things, it seems like the only clear answer to me at least, so ill be on that side of the fence.

3. Sightings reported everyday of "UFO's"

Now even as a believer I also believe that a majority of reported UFO's are misunderstandings and not aliens, lets say a good 95% of them are bullcrap. That leaves 5% of possible claims that could be actual sightings which is still a lot of potential sightings. Not to forget for some "strange" reason humans have been claiming to see them even thousands of years ago before our modern world was even a thought and before flight was possible, they claimed that gods came down from flying vehicles. If the answer is that actual aliens are indeed visiting us, then that mystery of ufo's does not seem much of a mystery anymore.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

edit on 15-1-2011 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Why 2013? I know about the Solar maximum... Just look at the sun on the Soho Movie Theatre.

Go here sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Select Lasco C2

Select 512 Resolution

Start date 2011-01-10 End date 2011-01-16

and watch the array of Coronial Mass Ejections (CME's)

Why do they always seem to be exploding away from the Earth?

Not that I want one to hit the Earth but our time for a CME coming our way surely could come at anytime not just 2013.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Great subject to keep bringing up OP!
I have been a Consulting Aerospace Engineer for longer than I care to addmit.
I have been working with teams from NASA and they are quite concerned.
They do not have a clue as to what to do about it and worse, is that there is
no funding to get the answers that are there.

I can tell you a couple of things for sure.
I would not be on an airplane unless it's an old cable control one that glides well.
I would not be on a big ship or a boat unless it has sails.

I would have water filter pump, food, seeds, protection, and a pre-arranged place to go.

It is really befitting that the last really large one was 1859, because that is about how far back
in technology and living standard we will go.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

See,... this is why discussion is so great.
When I first heard of this, I was thinking how awful it would be, and the difficulty it would bring.
From your reply, and others in this thread, it made me take a step back, and look at it from a different angle.
Instead of just seeing the bad that can happen, my eyes are open more, so I can see the good it can bring too.
Maybe this really is what is needed after all! I feel shocked to see myself type those words, I never thought I would say it
But members of this thread have helped me see things a little differently. Thankyou to those of you who did.
I think I still prefer it *not* to happen at all, but if it does, there are good things that can come from that too.

You make a great point in why we may be of interest to alien civilizations, it sounds plausible.
I would like to say, that I have noticed an increase in reported et/ufo sightings recently,...noticing by reading the forums and other web pages, I see other people are stating they see a rise in this too.
BUT, I could be wrong, and most likely am. Maybe there was always that amount, and it's just because I was ignorant to it before, that I didn't notice.
Would you say there is an increase? I know that's probably a difficult question to answer, given that most are hoax,... all the same, I'd like to hear your opinion.

.... and thanks for your awesome post!
edit on 15-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris811
wildeagle, i am an american and i see you are from Ireland, I've lived in Belfast for years and see and know lots of # that happened there as one would consider conspiracy. i have a few personal questions to ask but cant send a message cause i havn't made enough posts on here yet cause i dont make post after post unless it needs to be said, drop me a line at [email protected] sometime. and for the rest of you.

yes something is going to happen. when, really we dont know a date or a time. stuff has been going on for years and mobile phones and other satellite's have been effected. maybe in the next few years we will get a huge outburst and will mess up half the world or the whole world. we'll never know till the time comes. and if it does then make sure we are all ready for this.

Will drop you a line soon

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

i wouldnt mind if this happend and took out electronics it'll teach us to stop being so materialistic.there is more to life than #ing pcs and ipods and stuff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
reply to post by ByteChanger

Thanks for your post!

I prefer to take the route of being prepared asap (need to hatch a plan first, hehe!)

There is speculation that it could be any time from here on out that it happens. Nasa said ''around'' 2013... but with the amount of recent changes, I will feel safer being prepared soon as possible.

If you are really worried and want to prepare, go check out the survivalism forum here on ATS. Lots of information there. Focus on food/water, fuel, and shelter. Also talk to your neighbors and create a plan where each one helps the other. Going it alone will not work in such a scenario.
Some members hope that this will happen so that a new and improved civilization will appear. I doubt that will happen. The elite and tptb will simply go to their fortified safe havens and still pull the strings from there and will continue with their shenanigans.
I don't think it will become so unlivable, but there is the possibility that things could go the way of Mad Max. I really don't want to see that.

Cheers...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

i say BRING IT...iv been waitin for sumthin like this ALL my life

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Great subject to keep bringing up OP!
I have been a Consulting Aerospace Engineer for longer than I care to addmit.
I have been working with teams from NASA and they are quite concerned.
They do not have a clue as to what to do about it and worse, is that there is
no funding to get the answers that are there.

I can tell you a couple of things for sure.
I would not be on an airplane unless it's an old cable control one that glides well.
I would not be on a big ship or a boat unless it has sails.

I would have water filter pump, food, seeds, protection, and a pre-arranged place to go.

It is really befitting that the last really large one was 1859, because that is about how far back
in technology and living standard we will go.

February 2011 Sky and Telescope has this on their cover. 7 page article

They recommend shutting down the High Voltage Transformers before the solar flare hits.
NASA has the SDO Solar Dynamics Observatory up there keeping a very close eye on our sun.
NASA - SDO -

edit on 15-1-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Get your bow and arrows out.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Articile on today's SpaceWeather about a huge flare 2 days in a row, and now that part of the sun is truning toward earth; Link to articile:

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
UK people interested in the solar storm issue- there's a fictional film about this very event on the movies for men channel, SKY 323 at 7-10 pm tonight. Just time to make some cheese and toast

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I predict given what you have said there regarding the solar flare and over the next week there will be more beaming shapes seen in the skies. Wether it be crosses or what ever. Im not talking clouds im talking anomalies regarding bright shapes. Excluding the recent cross in russia.

If im right these shapes are created by satalites Iridium by reflecting light using the individual mirrors to create a certain image.
Iridium satellite constellation, a constellation of satellites used to provide voice and data coverage
en.wikipedia.org...:Iridium_Satellite.jpg
en.wikipedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also one more thing if i may? How many stars are actually stars? Also with the recent increase in satalites gone up there pretty recently www.iridium.com...
Iridium Communications Inc., the company that operates the satellite constellation
en.wikipedia.org...

See the connections? Theres a thread here on ATS regarding a change or something to do with a change to a constelation? well could this be the real reason.

I will post this on his thread to when i find it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join