It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm curious as to what you all think of this situation. I'll make an example,: In an environmental-related thread.
I throw in a short question, but which involves a theory that entails ELE alarmism NOT invented by me, I'm just asking a question that is interesting. Then some children scramble into the thread and say stuff like, "you can't see it past all those chemtrails! In the context, TO ME, it looks like ridicule of me. Thanks all.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I'm curious as to what you all think of this situation. I'll make an example,: In an environmental-related thread.
I throw in a short question, but which involves a theory that entails ELE alarmism NOT invented by me, I'm just asking a question that is interesting. Then some children scramble into the thread and say stuff like, "you can't see it past all those chemtrails! In the context, TO ME, it looks like ridicule of me. Thanks all.

If I got a comment like that from somebody that knew me from previous discussions, I might take it as a good-natured ribbing. From a complete stranger though? It sounds pretty dismissive and insulting.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
#1 I helped mod a site that was attached to a business... pretty high traffic... horrible behavior out of "educated" and "professional" people. Im telling you.. the mods of this site do a fantastic job because I really see very little of the BS stay for very long. Better thank them rather than criticizing... you couldnt pay me enough to mod this site!

#2 Ive been in the conspiracy and truth communities for years and was a member here a while back but moved across country and then the daughter had a transplant... that equals not getting online much. I come back here, lurk for a while to see the climate, eventually sign up again, and its actually improved even though the world has gone insane. If you think about it.. thats incredible and requires a lot of hands on work. I cant tolerate the other sites anymore and this place is my absolute first choice. If you have been around a while and you have sampled other communities, youll know that this place offers a heck of a lot more than others. The newbies with a chip on their shoulders should go spend some time elsewhere and see the differences in how their "theories" are handled, how the other posters behave, and how the mods/admins police the folks who cant seem to control themselves. Theyd come back with their tails between their legs and hopefully less whining and such.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
FYI everyone, if someone has "registered 4-1-2011" for --example--, it doesn't mean they are new. I have been on and off (sometimes for a very long while) and redo my username/account. I won't whine anymore, but I will never like meanness because someone thinks it's cute and clever. End of story.
edit on 14-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I would guess that is not the kind of cigarette you can buy in packs of twenty, but is probably the medical type you use if you have Alzheimer's disease...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Then some children scramble into the thread and say stuff like…
Referring to them as children certainly won't gain you any friends. Sounds to me like you're judging the poster and not his post, which is what SO is warning about. But maybe I'm reading too closely.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
'Vitriolic' - catch word for the first week(s) of the New Year...

'Zero Tolerance' - Great catch words for ATS - at all times...

peace

edit on 14-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel
reply to post by Alethea

I would guess that is not the kind of cigarette you can buy in packs of twenty, but is probably the medical type you use if you have Alzheimer's disease...

Hey hey there, that is my hero Donald Draper you are talking about. He-Da-Man! He is not into wacky weed, he is too busy trying to be successful.
edit on 14-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Then some children scramble into the thread and say stuff like…
Referring to them as children certainly won't gain you any friends. Sounds to me like you're judging the poster and not his post, which is what SO is warning about. But maybe I'm reading too closely.

You are right, I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I really love that the great people here at ATS are trying to enforce this and I understand that it's hard to catch every single person breaking these rules. So maybe I'm just bickering at nothing, but I really wish people would just read threads like this and actually participate in offering respect to one another. Really drives me insane and I blatantly saw a post in a thread where the guy totally put down the OP and I believe called him/her pathetic. I obviously don't want to point fingers but why can't we all just get along??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

to the honourable top dog.
it is indeed fitting that on a regular basis we should all collectively go outside and give our heads a shake.
furthermore if one gets the urge to troll the boards remember, lie down and let it pass.
f

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Two words......Bad Apples. There are always going to be idiots.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silverbullett

lol. sir. lol

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I'm sorry. Very sorry. But I really think that spelling should be a hot topic on here as well. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just.....well, you know what I mean. To be respected you have to be taken seriously.That's hard to do when people misspell words. I love this site, so please watch what you type. I don't want people to think we are a bunch of hillbillies.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Dear Sir,
I will do my utmost to be civil in all my postings and responses.

Thank you for the post, heads up and dotting is and crossing ts.

All the best,
T

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Read and understood. Nice to know you are on the look out for us!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
At last some action , thank You very much for taking the issue serious and implementing some prevention measures before it spreads and destroys this once great site

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Thank you SO and mods for laying down the law and preparing yourselves to follow through on it. I appreciate it very much and am happy that for the most part posters here are on board.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
ATS enforce'n the terms and conditions?
Threatening us with expulsion?..........
Banning freedom of speech?

sounds like net neutrality to me..........

only playin.....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think manners are not the only thing these rude posters need to learn..

I have seen some very strange its a "Conspiracy" threads in ref. to the current events in AZ, and let me tell you something, their are a couple of things that make me sick to my stomach when I view the people who proclaim they are intellectual in this World, the 1st is the lack of respect this tragedy just happened last Saturday, and their is enough evidence to prove this guy did it, yet instead the really smart Intellectuals see a conspiracy in it not even a week after the fact. The threads started do not even start with my condolences to the victims, this is what I think. No it starts out like THE KILLER IS INNOCENT!!!!!, or THE KILLER WAS UNDER CIA MIND CONTROL!!!!!! What is sickening is these are popular threads on ATS atm. The 2nd thing that makes me sick is when I know someone has no idea what they are preaching about, makes an attempt to belittle my intellectual property on the board. Their are allot of naive people on this board who see this world from the bosom of their mothers. It is quite apparent we have allot of member who believe the world and universe revolves around them lets face it, it is the nature of ats that attracts these kinda people, I think the timing on this reminder is awesome and I am doing my best to stay outta the bull crap as well. It is a little scary to see how naive allot of the members have been this week thou.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join