It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I haven't been here *that* long, but does anyone else think that its hard to find good threads nowadays?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I love your avatar, Don Draper is so Yummy, so please don't change it! As for people's rudeness - I think it stems from seeing so many threads where the OP just doesn't know what they are talking about, or it's completely incomprehensible due to grammar and spelling errors. A person can only take so many of those! I read much, much more than I reply, but I can definitely see a trend where the threads and posts are becoming, for lack of a better word, immature or inexperienced, so I think I can see where some members get a little ticked off and can't help but to pull the intelligent (albeit, smug) card. Sometimes it comes off as rude, but like the saying goes - if you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlueShiroux

In direct answer to your question, no, I find plenty every day and there are staple long running threads that carry on with very high calibre content, such as All Roads Lead To Rome or the NKorea Crisis Updated thread, UFOs and Aliens has new good stuff on a daily basis, especially since the hyper aggressive "debunking" has been heavily clamped down upon.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you very much for calling this to our collective attention. I don't come here to get all upset by other people's abuse and arrogance. But I love their sense of humor!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Nothing to do with me......

cheers!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Great post and great aspirations. I wish I could add to your statement which is simple - if you don't like what someone says in a thread or a post then don't attack the attitude expressed as I have seen so many times. Offer a suggestion - debate the subject of the thread rather than the ideas offered by posters. Having suggested you don't like what was said in the post one time is enough now that you have done this offer something for the thread!!! I have seen far too many posts attacking people or their beliefs with nothing contributed to the thread or suggestions how they would like to see the subject in their view.., I guess what I am saying that if you cannot contribute towards the thread and offer post after post attacking what one or more posters had made as a suggestion then you have added nothing...

Sharing is Caring!

If you cannot share and on bring posters down with out positive input then IMHO you need to find another site.

Sorry mods I needed to say this as I want to debate the debate or subject not constantly defending my position from personal attacks by those who offer nothing in the debate or thread. Sort of Trolling as it were. So Please please consider adding Trolling to the lists...

BTW where has the Ignore button gone.

Thanks Overlord for your valid point of view and this simple requests.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly support this sentiment- there is no excuse for rudeness (apart from ignorance) and good manners cost nothing.

I seem to remember a similar issue regarding UFO & Aliens board, which is a much better place to be- as a previous poster has stated- since the aggressive unpleasant 'debunking' has been generally stamped out.

It doesnt mean you have to agree with everything, just be polite when you disagree- isnt that both obvious and civilized? It appears not.......

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well said, Thunda. I've been rude and disrespectful countless times here, and looking back on it now I know none of it was necessary. I believe so strongly that those responsible for the events of 9/11 have yet to be tried, that I'm amazed there are those out there who actually support the official story. There is no good reason to be rude to anyone, and will do my darndest to bring civility with my comments.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
I wholeheartedly support this sentiment- there is no excuse for rudeness (apart from ignorance) and good manners cost nothing.

But Jaysus Thunderin' Frig!!...there has been an onslaught of rectal-cranial inversion of late that astounds the sensibilities and makes one bleed from the eyes.

What gives? Where are these people (and I hate being reduced to saying "you people" because that also defines me as a knucklehead antagonist) coming from (and what do they want?)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
People naturally test boundaries...

They will settle in once they know, what is and what is not tolerated.
Hopefully the settling in, will occur sooner rather than later...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueShiroux
I haven't been here *that* long, but does anyone else think that its hard to find good threads nowadays?

actually, there are many "good" and interesting threads that fall right off the recent posts entry and back into their prospective forums. You may wish to read the posts there.

as for respect and decorum...being that we are human beings it should be something we should realize right off the top without having to be reminded. Just logical.

When someone pushes my buttons, I'll leave....don't believe in discussions with someone that can only see one side...theirs. Not worth makin' myself crazy trying to figure them out.

Mom and dad...thanks for the reminder on how to "play" nice...hehe...
(humour)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
After visiting my local paper this morning and looking at the comment section as I always do... I have to add: there arent many real problems here or the mods are all over it before most of us have a chance to see it. My own local paper is filled with more trolling weirdness and rudeness than Ive ever seen here. It's as if these people refuse or can not communicate without being jerks.

I wonder what it says about the heartland of the US when I feel more safe and can find better and more rational conversations amongst you "horrible conspiracy weirdos" rather than among my own neighbors??

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Havent been in much lately as getting ready for new years (chinese new year - year of rabbit coming up) .. But noted and will do best to mind my manners along with curb my humour ( got warning in past due to my dry humour thus try to curb it here since then ) Thanks for reminder ...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Noted
2nd.........

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Great words, I have always held the belief that good things can be free, politeness costs nothing, being rude or aggressive in discussions (that's what they are meant to be, not arguments) shows not only a lack of respect to fellow members but also shows ones inability to comprehend fully what is being said. Some people resort to rudeness when they feel they are lost in what is being said, rather than accept that others have their own views which at times are the right ones.

Peace,

Seq

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I bet if richard dawkins where to ever come on this board he would be the rudest of all the people. I understand the mods saying this, but man the rude comments are ok coming from one side, while if we who want to talk about something say something we get sanctioned with a warning or something.

I think alot of people follow dawkins approach of just trying to ridicule anything against there beliefs, and its mostly from people who think they are educated.

I ask them if your educated why do you complain so much about grammar, why cannot you work out the meaning of what people are saying without trivialising rubbish like bad spelling. If these people are so intelligent, why cannot they work out the meanings of posts as most of us seem capable of working them out without moaning about grammar.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Andy1033 says; "I ask them if your educated why do you complain so much about grammar, why cannot you work out the meaning of what people are saying without trivialising rubbish like bad spelling. If these people are so intelligent, why cannot they work out the meanings of posts as most of us seem capable of working them out without moaning about grammar."

Yes, and let us remember the infamous guy who was obsessed with "grammer" here. I wouldn't want to resemble him in any---way, these days!!!
edit on 14-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Are you purposely being obtuse? I find it hard to believe anyone who uses the internet can be this utterly clueless (I am NOT trying to be mean, I am completely serious).
posted on 11-1-2011 @ 07:48 PM by springer to oliveoil. I guess this is what you mean by being civil. I guess its okay to call members slow and clueless If only you use big words and tell that member they are not trying to be mean. In any event you are right S.O. We should ALL be civil .

edit on 14-1-2011 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by oliveoil because: my pasta was boiling

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I guess its okay to call members slow and clueless If only you use big words and tell that member they are not trying to be mean.

In that regard, it was you who was being disruptive and purposefully argumentative for no good reason, carrying on for several pages after your questions/concerns had been addressed. When patience didn't work with you, blunt honesty was next.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join