It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's getting hot in here...

Due to recent events and the ever increasing popularity of the AboveTopSecret.com (ATS) website, new memberships and post counts have elevated over the past five days. As with any growth, the positive is mitigated by the negative, and that negative is an upward trend in rude and discourteous posting. ATS has long prided itself on maintaining an atmosphere of civility and decorum, free of rancor and personal attacks against fellow members. This atmosphere has diminished in the preceding days, fueled by politically polarized rhetoric and the desire by some to use a tragic event to further certain agendas. While ATS has, and always will be a venue for spirited discussion and the exchange of opposing point of views, it will not become a mosh pit of vitriolic mudslinging where ignorance is embraced vice being denied.

Time to cool it down...

This is to serve notice to all that the tone and tenor of posting will return to the polite and courteous that has made ATS the best conspiracy website on the World Wide Web. Post(s) that violate the Terms & Conditions Of Use, are created purely to incite Political Bickering, that lack common Courtesy, or are directed at members rather than Play The Ball which is also known as the Topic will be removed, and the appropriate administrative sanctions applied to the responsible account(s) which can include a Post Ban, or in the case of repeat offenders a Permanent Account Ban.

There may be no warning...

The preceding actions can and will occur without any further notice other than this thread. In the past ATS has announced “zero tolerance” for certain “hot topic” forums such as 9/11, Aliens & UFO’s, and Secret Societies; due to the scope of issues and depth and breadth of forums affected ALL ATS Forums are now temporarily under increased scrutiny from our staff.

Please help us help you keep ATS the best place for passionate topics...

We hope that you can understand why these measures are being implemented, and that crisis that has spurned this activity that we can all return to a level of calm and reasoned expostulation.

Please express your views and opinions in a cordial manner so that all members and visitors may enjoy the AboveTopSecret.com forums and website.

Thanks.

The entire staff of AboveTopSecret.com, and the owners of The AboveNetwork, LLC.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I appreciate the heads up.

I'll watch my Ps and Qs.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well I'm sure glad that someone is noticing this trend lately.
Guess I'll keep my snide comments to myself now...

Thanks SO!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yo Skep!
Nice suit.

But I've heard this all before.
And I've reported some of these members (I'm guilty as well, especially when I get punched, I punch back) many times before (I'm sure you can verify this as well) but your Mods seem to have their own ideas.
Maybe you need new mods

I hope your your teeth are in this one, and you'll be able to return ATS back to where it was five years ago

edit on 13-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by Violater1 because: to confees my own guilt.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thank you thank you thank you......

It is important from time to time to remind people, that regardless of the situations, civility is required.

It should be an objective for every member here on ATS to hold themselves to that standard ESPECIALLY when things get elevated to the degree that they have recently.

Altho I find it unfortunate that we do have to have reminders to carry ourselves respectfully in our postings, sometimes it makes us take a second look at ourselves , and thats what counts..

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nice, and good timing. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes, this is a much needed thread.

link   
Sounds Good to me

link   
Thanks for the heads up sir.

link   
Thank you very much for the stricter enforcement of the Terms and Conditions of this site. Unlike some members, who are definitely in the minority, I greatly appreciate the respectful and courteous atmosphere which is alive and well here on these boards.

I have personally noticed an uptick in the number of posts and threads that are either blatantly against T&C, contribute minimal information to the discussion, and/or are clearly a form of internet trolling that unfortunately some on ATS have been forced to suffer with.

With the stricter enforcement of rules in place it is my hope that we can finally bring back some much needed decorum.

Again I must make it quite clear that those who violate T&C are overwhelmingly in the minority.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Excellent move.

Although the media has been fair (the recent WSJ article in particular) there is definitely a spotlight due to recent events.

Although this will draw in more rational like minded members, there will also be 'others' who are attracted for thier own reasons.

Smart move.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Message loaded and ready to be applied.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes Sir! Anything to perserve this site.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If there is a lesson to come from the tragic shootings it is that hate and intolerance do not lead to compromise or understanding. Persuasion is more likely to come from civility than from violence and aggression.

link   
Expectation and reality, never the two shall meet?
Let's hope that's not the case, here.

link   
And to those "lurkers" out there - don't forget to star the comments of people trying to keep a balance and maintain "sanity" on these boards. Don't just scroll past those voices of reason, give them a star even if you don't chime into the discussion.

link   
Thanks for the topic, just created the account here a couple days ago. The site is filled with a vast amount of extremely interesting stuff

link   
Quite right ATS.

Firm but fair.

link   
I have been to threads that started out just fine and I would join in discussion, then like out of the blue comes the rudeness and hostility - at that time I just drop off the thread. This is much needed, thank you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Good move..
Lets hope the increased scrutiny is consistent..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join