It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The sad thing is humanity is responsible for our own potential downfall.

Due to ignorance.

Due to selfishness.

Due to impatience.

Due to basic human weakness of character.

Honor is a dying part of humanity.

Far too few know honor or how to practice it.

Just as far too few know how to actually think.

Most people stay within the confined box they were born within.

Some think outside that box.

Others never let boxes define them but let their actions speak louder than words.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

i think the deck is slightly stacked against us atm.
as a result, i don't think your criticism is accurate.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

what i see is countries all over the world, losing touch on the matter of the sanctity of life, which in turn has caused misery and suffering for people all over the globe, on a level unprecented in the last 6000 years of recorded history. . and governments seem to have no problem with that and in fact, encourage it, legislate it, and teach it, indicating (to me, anyway), that they aren't the same species as the rest of us
edit on 13-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

Sanctity of life should start with the home. That is the only way in which it can be taught to and understood by the next generation. You teach that no life is worth casting aside. Though there are instances where a family member is ill beyond the capability of the family to care for them at home, you do not cast that life aside, instead you find a facility that can help in the treatment of the individual. This is the reason nursing homes are supposed to be around, not because someone is too old and you do not want them around, but because their needs exceed what you are able to help them with and you have exceeded all other alternatives.

As for the killing of the first born child if it a girl, I personally find this horrendous, where I do understand the wanting of a male child to carry on the family name, you have to take what nature has given you, nature tries to remain balance and by killing off what nature has provided, the balance is upset. My wife and I had two boys, my wife would have loved for at least one to have been a girl, but we wouldn’t even have thought of aborting one, just in hopes that the next try would have been a female. We are not having any more because we already have what we are able to support.

Am I a vegetarian, no I am not, I am an omnivore mammal and I eat both plants and animals. That does not mean that I have no respect for other living things, I just know what my place is in the food chain. I do not go around hunting for the sake of hunting, so I can hang a head on my wall, or have an animal skin rug. I go hunting for the food, and make use of every pat of the animal that I can, giving the parts I do not have a use for to some friends that have use of every part.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Epic post my friend, but it was rather vague, would you be so kind as to re-post it, but this time please include how you "really" feel?

Well done!

It is what it is.
Some see a boogyman. I'm simply showing my perspective on things.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

that would be entirely true if the only influences on the lives of our next generation were in agreement and didn't have undue influence to the contrary.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It’s all together possible that those who worship and study the heavenly bodies have known for some time that “it” is coming and there is nothing we can do. There is no law to be written, money to be distributed or second coming that will change what “it” is.

“I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won, they are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools”.
-William Faulkner

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

From the article you linked to:

The cultural pressure to marry has led to an explosion of matchmaking businesses, and it should come as no surprise that dating-service companies are one of China's growth industries.

For Chinese men who have taken the plunge into a foreign marriage, it seems the verdict is in: Vietnamese women are the best. "Young," "pretty" and "obedient," the Vietnamese woman is a dream wife, causing a marked increase in Chinese singletons traveling to Vietnam in search of the perfect wife.

Testimonies abound that Vietnamese women are traditional, low-maintenance, quietly charming, gentle and loyal. Put all this information together, and the legend of the "perfect Vietnamese bride" has been the hot topic on almost every major Chinese website and online forum.

O'boy! they want them: young, pretty, quietly charming, gentle, loyal, obedient AND low-maintenance!

Sounds like a dream by Western world standards j/k Hehe!

WTF! these guys are quite choosy and hard to please it seems! - Western femals are quite safe from the kidnapping scenario in my post above then!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by klarkowski67

healthy competition never hurt anyone. we aren't talking about healthy competition, though.
we're talking about the people who make the big choices for the rest of us, have engineered the mess, and even now, as we have learned what to personally do to correct it, are calling for our extermination like an infestation of the planet.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

What

Mail order brides?

Who would have thunk?
Yeah like that will help with over population.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by MikeboydUS

can you list the three in the last 12,000 years?

are any of them flood events?
edit on 13-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

I'll put them in context based on current research. The dates and numbers of years are frequently adjusted for the events.

14,000 years ago, the planet entered the Bolling Oscillation, a very warm period that melted glaciers and arctic ice sheets. In North America, the warm period created massive glacier lakes like Lake Agassiz. At the same time the sea levels rose tens of meters.

The Older Dryas, an extremely cold period known as a stadial, occurred 11,000 to 12,000 years ago. It is believed by some to have been caused by a meltwater pulse from Antarctic ice sheets. There were numerous extinctions at this time.

Following the big freeze, the Allerod Oscillation began. Again this was another major warm period with rising sea levels.

The Younger Dryas, is thought to be 1000 years after the Older Dryas, so 10,000 to 11,000 years ago. It was a rapid global climate shift.

Scientists are unsure what all was involved or what caused it.

The massive glacial lakes are believed to have drained at this time into the oceans. In Lousiana, where I'm from, geological work has shown at the time the Mississippi river widened from Vicksburg, MS to Shreveport, LA, covering almost the entire state of LA. We know that the glacial lakes drained with such force they produced walls of water that were meters high and travelled up to 85 mph. The drainage literally carved valleys and displaced tons of rock.

At the same time there is evidence of massive airbursts, similar to Tunguska but far larger, possibly from comets or asteroids, that may have produced continental wildfires. An article in Nature magazine claimed that fullerenes with Helium-3 were found in the soot layer. It should be noted that Helium-3 is extremely rare on earth and is considered a potential second generation fusion fuel.

Beryllium-10 was also detected in quartz, indicating bombardment by powerful radiation. Some scientists speculate this may have been cosmic rays. It should be noted the Beryllium-10 is also formed from nuclear detonations.

In the aftermath there was massive cooling, possibly from shutdown of thermohaline circulation. I would also suggest the possibility of an impact winter.

This event is believed to have played a pivotal role in the birth of agriculture on the Euphrates river, which would spread throughout the Levant and lead to the rise of the Canaanite city of Jericho.

The last major rapid climate shift more devastating than the Little Ice Age, was the 8.2 Kiloyear event, around 6000 BCE. This too has been connected to meltwater pulses from ice sheets and glacial lake drainage disrupting thermohaline circulation. Some suggest an impact event with megatsunamis may have been involved, though it is disputed.

All of them involved flooding and storms on scales not seen in recorded history. If anything like them happened today, it would cause a Malthusian collapse and destroy most of human civilization.
edit on 13/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: have

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
At least with something raining down from space, we may be able to stop it. There is absolutely nothing we could do in the face of a supervolcano.

Well it seems some scientists figured if they drilled a hole in the magma bubble at Yellowstone they could relieve some pressure. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed

To me the best thing we can do is to be vigilant and prepared for any rapid mass extinction or extinction level event.

And just how does one prepare" for any rapid mass extinction or extinction level event."
Bend over and kiss you ass goodbye?

I would be more concerned about the next ice age right now because according to Lake Vostok ice core samples from Antarctica... we are due..

That at least I can prepare for... Put in a wood burning stove, two years supply of firewood and lots of blankets

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hey!! Here is a major corporation that promises to fix it all

We want to make the world a better place for future generations. As an agricultural company, Monsanto can do this best by providing value through the products and systems we offer to farmers.

With the growth of modern agricultural practices and crops that generate ever-increasing yields, we are helping farmers around the world to create a better future for human beings, the environment, and local economies.

Increased yields are the core of this agenda. As agricultural productivity increases, farmers are able to produce more food, feed, fuel, and fibre on the same amount of land, helping to ensure that agriculture can meet humanity’s needs in the future. Moreover, increased productivity allows farmers to produce more with the same – or fewer – inputs of energy and pesticide. This results in more responsible use of natural resources, better ecosystem health, increased soil fertility, increased farm income, and more sustainable farming communities.

www.monsanto.com.au...

: lol:

edit on 13-1-2011 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Only to add:

Nuclear waste in space?

The world currently sends approximately 200 tons of payloads, the equivalent of two 747 freighter flights, into space annually

The permanent elimination of high-level radioactive waste demands a reconceptualization of the problem. We need to look up, not down. Let’s put high-level radioactive waste where it belongs, far out in space where it will not endanger anyone on earth.

Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37c2db7d542b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by VI0811

That is my question,, since the elite do not care in the slightest...they are not going to do anything about it.

So what to do then.

Sooner or later, they will have to realize that in order to make a better world, even for themselves, we all need to move forward together. The more they try and control us, the more we will rebel, which will result in utter chaos. That will get neither side anywhere ....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

i think the deck is slightly stacked against us atm.
as a result, i don't think your criticism is accurate.

With all due respect that is not how I see the world.

The "deck" as you phrase it is only stacked against those who allow it to be stacked against them.

I do not include myself in your "us" there for the deck to be stacked against me.

Only winners win and only losers lose just as only quitters quit.

If you see the "deck" is "stacked" learn how to screw those stacking that deck.

Through honor and gum up their works by standing taller, stronger, and with more integrity.

Instead of sinking to the level of those scum laying waste to our society and planet.

Build up those people you can and motivate to the higher denominator instead of the lowest.

Because only cowards, thieves, and bastards tear people down to destroy people to make themselves better.

My criticism is upon society as a whole.

If you place yourself within the confines of my criticism so be it.

If you're one of the few making a difference like I am so be it.

Destiny, fate, happenstance, call it what you will, but you can bend it to your will.

If only you are willing to do something to make that happen.

As a wizened individual once said :

Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try!

Infestation of vagabonds or lost people looking for a leader it is our perceptions which define them.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We definitely are not causing our own extinction we are ensuring our survival.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This was a really good read,
I definately agree with how you said:

"the problem is that those who have the power wont do a damn thing unless there is a profit in it" (SLAYER69)

I myself respect nature and do for it all I can, the city is full of insanity, and control,
while the nature is where you can let your mind run free, not worry about organization, work, etc.
you can just be, freely.

The post reminded me of "Chief Seattle's Reply"
check it out at this link:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
WOW, we are killing the planet end of, the picture where the mans holding the 3rd world chils hand really got to me, we need to sort this out!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here's a little something I threw together today.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Niccawhois
I for one think that Mankind is a beautiful and intelligent species! Some of things we create are beautiful as well!

Hmmm yeah Hu-mans have done really good...

A bombs that we drop on cities wiping out trees and bunnies...
The Inquisition, Crusades
WWI WWII

If other animal had the ability to speak English, you would find that some of them are assholes too!
And if they had technology, they would wield it with even more reckless abandon...Also the A-bomb drops in Japan saved more lives than they eliminated. A conventional invasion would have caused far more loss of life.
Religion is a fantasy and a blight on the advancement of our species, I'll give you that one.

But this thread isn't about that... it's about SOLUTIONS so... got any ideas on how to fix thigs?

Do YOU recycle?

So much so that I don't even have trash service! I'm too cheep to pay 55 dollars a month. What I do is I have 3 industrial drums (recycled) for paper/plastic/aluminum, when they are full I take them to the recycling hoppers at the local Kroger's, except the aluminum, that goes to the $crap yard.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join