It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Honestly, it had nothing to do with a personality cult or worship, I just think that he did a fantastic job with the assignment, and my sarcastic take on it was simply a means of compliment, which I felt and still feel is justified...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Slayer you're spot on !! I believe that the elite do know something they are not speaking about. Everyone has a sixth sense and a foreboding about the coming days. We are just pawns in their masterful game !! GREAT post slayer !!

I want to change the world
and i will change the world even if it costs me my life
and remember yes we are all pawns in a game
but remember this too that even pawns can checkmate the king.

we need to stand up for ourselves and stop being lazy
thanks original poster im pretty sure you have made a difference with this post
S&F

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And now,,,,, (insert drum roll),,,,,my two cents.
After reading 17,(well, really like 9) pages, theres not alot left to say.
Buuuut, I'm gonna anyway!

1) Nice thread bro.You seem to truly care, and I'm glad your out there in the world.
2) I hope no one refers to the Native American guy from the commercial (or supposed to be) as "Indian" again, going forward, of course.
3) Is "population-control" really an issue? We seem to waste as much as we use and Earth has plenty of real estate left,IMO.
4) TPTB suck!
And last but not least,,,,To the ATS Community,Lurkers and Agents,,,,read my signature and it will alllll be clear
Peace. S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beginningoftheend
I am not an expert on the matter but it very much seems to me like.....The beginning.....of....THE END!!!!!!!!!!

OK.

Take a deep breath push your chair back and get some air, go for a walk and CALM DOWN.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Great post as usual, Slayer. Very arresting pictures in the OP.

What way out? I'm reminded of David Foster Wallace's book Infinite Jest. In this somewhat-surreal novel, the near-future US had finally tackled many of its problems (including the environment) with a collapse of left-right politics and the dominance of what was called "The Clean Living Party." This combined a leftward emphasis on the environment with a rightward emphasis on moral values. Wallace was being glib and tongue-in-cheek with that book but I am beginning to believe something like this is the only way forward. Too many people who should know better have denied ecological truths because it's against their ideology...but you can't treat real-world issues as if they were items of clothing to be matched tastefully in some fashion scheme. The stakes are now too high for that kind of BS.

edit on 1/13/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

nothing to say great work

we are just like parasites in this beautifull planet may 'God' protect the good people and liberate us from tptb.....
stars and flags to you

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo
Well, now its pretty clear to me that we need to ban human race from a video in order to show how beautiful our planet is

This kind of thinking is why I am critical about threads like this! It seems that some people cant stand the site of there own kind and that just makes me sick... Whats the final solution huh? Maybe we should just kill all our children and then ourselves to make room for more trees and bunny rabbits? Goddamn it, why don't you lead by example? If you had dominion over this Earth just how many Humans would you allow to roam the planet?

Would you walk right up to someone and tell them to their face that you place a higher value on the life of non Human organisms and wish they were dead and replaced with something that you deemed more aesthetically pleasing! Hell no! But you would hop on your slimy computer and spew such filth anonymously, that much we know.

I for one think that Mankind is a beautiful and intelligent species! Some of things we create are beautiful as well! Some Humans love for one another causes them to behave in a ways that illustrate the immense compassion they feel for their own kind. And I think that is beautiful too! Seems you would rather see two animals fight over the last scrap of a fresh kill, then lay down in their own excrement and take a nap.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
I for one think that Mankind is a beautiful and intelligent species! Some of things we create are beautiful as well!

Hmmm yeah Hu-mans have done really good...

A bombs that we drop on cities wiping out trees and bunnies...
The Inquisition, Crusades
WWI WWII

Once in a while you get a few good moments.. in the lull between the next atrocity. I say let the Dolphins run things

As to numbers? Well the PTB wanna eliminate about 80%

But this thread isn't about that... it's about SOLUTIONS so... got any ideas on how to fix thigs?

Do YOU recycle?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorg, now you KNOW that the mainstream version of history is frequently human hating. notice i said, human hating. whatever could that mean? what are they saying, that they aren't human perhaps?

irony of ironies. they won't let us have access to free forms or even fairly priced forms of energy, force our societies to live in a technological age to the point that you can't survive without the energy (even to the point of making certain forms of energy illegal or killing inventors who discover perpetual energy machines). and THEN they blame it on us so they can convince each other that it was morally ethical and necessary to remove us from the picture

now that's some fancy footwork

what happened, did the wee wittle slave population get too big? awww poor you.
edit on 13-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Another video to put things into perspective.

The fragility of the planet.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

i think the big guns need to look at their own activities instead of trying to blame it on the rest of us.
i'm getting fed up with humans taking the blame for them. they need to take the blame for their own decisions instead of always pointing the finger at the little folks.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
hey did anyone here drop the bomb on hiroshima and nagasaki or even agree to it OR KNOW ABOUT IT IN ADVANCE, for that matter? Anyone? Raise your hand if you want it to be YOUR fault.

i didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Nope.... you're right, It's not the average joe... It's the leaders, the way it's set up from the top.
Corrupt and greedy from top to bottom... and most people just accept and even add to this.

Energy could be free... fuel could be free... everything sustainable and everything eco-friendly... unfortunately... greed and profit don't allow for that.

Also on the topic of war, another humbling video.

Very poignant.... nobody could say it better.

(click to open player in new window)

edit on 13/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

i have a theory that the japanese leaders knew all about it, and agreed to it in exchange for certain considerations, which they got, in spades. in other words, what we believe are human leaders of world governments are human in name only. something else is occupying their brain space, cause i can tell ya right now, i would not agree to blowing up anyone, especially civilian populations of children, women, old people and all those delightful japanese fellows, who are quite brilliant and honorable. why in the hell would i want to do that? whoever's gonna blame that on me, is gonna get my rseponse, which i'm afraid, is going to be "say WHAT?" in nature.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is another point that I feel should be made.

Lets imagine that we do create some kind of harmony with nature on earth and suddenly everything is fine and dandy.

Looking at the history of the earth, we could be sitting around singing John Lennon, then boom!, a supervolcano or asteroid ruins it for everyone.

Worldwide extinction level events are speculated to happen at least every 30 million years. Major rapid extinctions occur far more often, we have had three, possibly four, in the past 12,000 years.

70,000 years ago the Toba supereruption initiated a volcanic winter that lasted for over 5 years and killed around 90% of all hominids on earth.

Yellowstone is about due for an eruption and when it goes it will explode with more power than the entire nuclear arsenals of the US, Russia, and China combined. It will devastate and pollute the planet in seconds on a level that would take humanity centuries if not millenia.

At least with something raining down from space, we may be able to stop it. There is absolutely nothing we could do in the face of a supervolcano.

To me the best thing we can do is to be vigilant and prepared for any rapid mass extinction or extinction level event.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

how could anyone agree to killing people like this? or any people for that matter?
do you get it? cause i don't.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
p.s. that's not to say that i agree with what happened at pearl harbor! that wasn't necessary either. neither was the whole nazi thing, or the whole siberia thing in russia. etc etc. but seriously, does anyone expect me to believe joe the plumber thought that # up?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

can you list the three in the last 12,000 years?

are any of them flood events?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
p.s. that's not to say that i agree with what happened at pearl harbor! that wasn't necessary either. neither was the whole nazi thing, or the whole siberia thing in russia. etc etc. but seriously, does anyone expect me to believe joe the plumber thought that # up?

The people are always the ones who pay for their leaders actions. It was not every German that was responsible for Hitler, and the military’s actions, yet the people of Germany were made to pay for the actions of Hitler and the military. The whole populace of Japan was not responsible for what happened at Pearl Harbor, yet it was the general populous of Japan that was held responsible for it. Even Japanese Americans and German Americans were put into camps here in the US because of their home nationality, and what happened after the World Trade center buildings were attacked in New York, anyone who even looked middle-eastern was a target of attacks, whether they had any thing to do with what happened or not.

The ones who are actually responsible are rarely held solely responsible as they should be; they instead take the general population down with them.

These are the same ones who are in the position to most help with the pollution of the planet, but instead charge the general populous with the task whilst taking credit for the very small steps that have been taken.

My positive outlook for the future:

It is my hope to raise my children with the understanding of what impact we as a people make on this planet, in hopes that even if those in power do nothing about the state of the planet, that eventually the numbers of the general populace, making changes, will stop the damaging things being done and eventually reverse the previous damage that has been done. It won’t happen in my life time, though I do hope that as long as we pass on what we have learned, that possibly in about 6 generations, things will be much better than they are now.

My Negative outlook for the future:

Even though we teach our children and they teach their children about the impact we have on our world, there will be more people who don’t care less and are more interested in profit than the environment, and within 6 generations we use up the resources on this planet and move to other planets to mine their resources, basically creating a society of people who are slaves to the technology and statuesque even more so than today.
edit on 1/13/2011 by AlienCarnage because: Clarification

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join