It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The US at the moment is geared well to survive a Malthusian collapse. India and China not so much. I almost wonder if the politicians and corporations realized this in the 1970s and the outsoucing of US industry was really outsourcing pollution.

I said the same thing on the forum a few months back, while saving our natural resources at the same time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by robinmorningstar

i'll ask you the same question: think global. just don't let any more female children to be born and no need to kill off most of the populace. it takes females to create new children without artificial means. that's what most of the far east does. people try to ignore it cause it isn't popular to complain about it, that there's a huge genocide or rather, gendercide going on in the name of population control.

ask me what i think about this topic. go ahead. just.ask.

China is asking where all the girls have gone.

And the sobering answer is that this vast nation, now the world's fastest-growing economy, is confronting a self-perpetuated demographic disaster that some experts describe as "gendercide" -- the phenomenom caused by millions of families resorting to abortion and infanticide to make sure their one child was a boy.

The age-old bias for boys, combined with China's draconian one-child policy imposed since 1980, has produced what Gu Baochang, a leading Chinese expert on family planning, described as "the largest, the highest, and the longest" gender imbalance in the world.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

All valid points.
However, do we as a race seriously need to trash the planet at the rate we are or have been doing in order to maintain ourselves? There are technologies at our disposal that have been hidden from us simply because of patents or in the name of national security.

I feel the Earth can sustain our present and even a larger population if we were able to take advantage of those scientific discoveries that we HUMANS have created through our collective genius. The problem is simply that TPTB have squirreled them away in keeping with the age old adage of "Knowledge is Power"

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

S&F for sure! Probably one of the best threads I've read here on ATS. Great topic and well presented.

I couldn't agree more! Clean air, Clean water, and Clean energy are the goal post we should be shooting for. One may notice that the key word is "Clean." Profitability should not play a dominant role as it tends to corrupt.

I believe that a lot can be taken from the film "Avatar" with respect to the universal connection shared between all living things and the balance of life which was maintained by Ewa. Personally, I believe Ewa represents the collective consciousness of man, so I guess it's all up to "us," isn't it? Let's just hope that we make the right choice before we reach the point of critical mass.

I gotta say it again, Great Thread!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

and then made laws so we had no other options. then, when the pollution got too bad, said it was our fault. so much so, that we now have human beings on this forum, suggesting the solution is mass genocide of humans. i dunno about you but i don't think the train of logic goes all the way to the station on that one.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

and then made laws so we had no other options. then, when the pollution got too bad, said it was our fault. so much so, that we now have human beings on this forum, suggesting the solution is mass genocide of humans. i dunno about you but i don't think the train of logic goes all the way to the station on that one.

Can you quote me where and when somebody has advocated mass genocide of humans?

I keep reading people who are apposed to the threads topic mentioning it but so far all of those who agree with the threads premise haven't mentioned it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

S&F for sure! Probably one of the best threads I've read here on ATS. Great topic and well presented.

I couldn't agree more! Clean air, Clean water, and Clean energy are the goal post we should be shooting for. One may notice that the key word is "Clean." Profitability should not play a dominant role as it tends to corrupt.

I agree whole heartily. The problem so far while discussing the issue is when many ASSUME that those discussing the issue are actually supposed advocates for human population reduction. Meanwhile the real fear mongers so it seems are the ones bringing it up. Not the ones who seriously want to address the problems and contemplate solutions. [Which does include population reduction] We as a race need to police our own actions and that begins at home.

How can anybody expect to be taken seriously when our own house is not in order?

Let's just hope that we make the right choice before we reach the point of critical mass.

I feel ya....
We don't know where that boundary is. Scary isn't it?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Here in New Jersey the government is imposing such high taxes on the Farmers, that they can barely break even on there crops, and because of this it has caused many of the farms that have been around for generations to sell to housing developers, who are developing housing for a state that can no longer support itself because it is too densely populated with houses and apartments and lacking the farm industry we were once proud of.

This is just one state in one country, if this continues, across other states and countries, we will not be able to support the population, that we should be able to support.

I often talk about overpopulation, but it is not that we do not have the space for the growth on this planet for people, animals, and food; it is that governments are not making it worth while to keep the food supply business worthwhile so that it can support what it should be able to.

Everyone talks about the booming deer population around here, in New Jersey I mean, but it is not the deer population that is booming so much, it is that the population is more noticeable, due to the taking away of their natural habitat, and making more dwellings for the human populace. This has caused the deer population to walk across back yards to cross roads between patches of wooded areas, what few there are.

These housing developers buy the farmland and chop down wooded areas as well. They take away naturally growing vegetation that the animals rely on and they take away the grown produce that the people rely on as well. They increase the living space, while reducing the available food supplies. This is helped along with the taxes placed on farmers, and the tax breaks given to the developers.

I can only hope that the politicians one day gain better perspective on what they have helped to happen, by imposing taxes and giving tax breaks to the wrong individuals.
edit on 1/13/2011 by AlienCarnage because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Chevalerous

and that's because our big corps are trying to compete with other nations who literally have slaves instead of citizens, doing all their work. they can build faster, for cheaper, and union type protection for their employees, is simply unheard of. . people living in such abject poverty, they frequently kill their female children the minute they find out their female. as a result, they have an entire generation of men who will have no contact with women of any kind, and most of them are the only child. an all male population of lonely, only children. i can just imagine how fun china's gonna be in 20 years

Yes, I agree, the selection of gender and its repercussions because of the: 'one child policy' in China is troublesome, it's a complex problem indeed.

Most countries around the world has a natural balance and almost an equal dispersion between the two sexes - so yes, good question! How fun will that be later down the road and how will this affect China in 20 years from now?

Many of the evil elite Globalists could probably say: "well, does it really matter? regardless of gender, there are so damn many of them anyway".

And perhaps from some twisted evil point of view this is all pre-planned to have an excess surplus of expendable Chinese males to be used as cannon fodder for a coming war?

Or maybe all these Chinese males will eventually invade some part of the World in one way or another and with force kidnap just the females and bring them back to China?

Young Chinese males difficult to find spouses

Having trouble finding a suitable spouse has become a major social problem puzzling China's youth, according to a report by the China Youth & Children Research Center.

High pressure from work, lack of free time and a limited social circle are all contributing factors to young single Chinese who were born in and after the 1970s.

Young Chinese males are the ones who suffer the most.

Data from China's fifth census in 2000 shows an average newborn in China faces a gender ratio of 117 males to 100 females.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Skewed China birth rate to leave 24 million men single

BEIJING (AFP) –

More than 24 million Chinese men of marrying age could find themselves without spouses in 2020, state media reported on Monday, citing a study that blamed sex-specific abortions as a major factor.

The study, by the government-backed Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, named the gender imbalance among newborns as the most serious demographic problem for the country’s population of 1.3 billion, the Global Times said.

“Sex-specific abortions remained extremely commonplace, especially in rural areas,” where the cultural preference for boys over girls is strongest, the study said, while noting the reasons for the gender imbalance were “complex.”

Researcher Wang Guangzhou said the skewed birth ratio could lead to difficulties for men with lower incomes in finding spouses, as well as a widening age gap between partners, according to the Global Times.

Authorities put the normal male-female ratio at between 103-107 males for every 100 females. But in 2005, the last year for which data were made available, there were 119 boys for every 100 girls, the newspaper said.

However, the study said that in some areas the male-female ratio was as high as 130 males for every 100 females, a report by the Mirror Evening newspaper said.

Source

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

When I read about things like that I'm reminded of Urban-blight. We have many cities and large towns in this country where they had over developed and then the locations collapse and people move out of the cities and the rotten hulks just sit there and become dens for drug dealers. Before we move out and spread we should really focus on Urban renewal. Some cities have done this. It seems to work it just takes people to press the city fathers.

It doesn't happen enough though IMO.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"...even some of the oldest religious texts tell us about mass die offs of sea and land animals. Could they all be wrong? "

This is true!! In the book Revelations and Daniel these present events have clearly been mentioned. Something is in the air. there is an electricity, a tension that is so thick we can almost taste it. Has anyone noticed that the days, months and years are zooming past us, that society is becoming more desensitized? I don't believe in the date that the Mayans have set (12/12/2012) but I do believe that Jesus is coming and soon. Some may think that i am crazy to say this but the evidence is in the text.

NOTE: The bible has been around for thousands of years. It is the most sold book in all of history. For a book to have had survived for that long there has to be truth to it. Just think about that before you make a judgement.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

india did the same thing too up until a few years ago, when the gov made it illegal but they still do it secretly. it wasn't abortions either, it was live birth killings of various kinds, such as strangulation, feeding them things that cut their insides up so they bled to death, buried them alive, drowned them, and so on. and some of the other cultures of the far east, have nearly identical scenarios. they claim the world is 51% female, that's total BS. they've already killed so many females in china, it's the equivalent of the entire female population of the USA. 24 million doesn't even scratch the surface, because most of the female infant deaths were not done via the abortionist but after live birth, either by murdering them or neglecting them till they died.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

A lot has to do with What undo talked about earlier as well, if moor people in this country and especially this state were more family oriented where you have several generations living in the same house, or at least on the same property as opposed to the young ones moving out to get away from the family, there would be less need for the housing ton be spread out as much as it is. I myself have my in-laws living in my house, and there have been talks of adding on for the previous generation to move in as well.

If there is less need for houses to be built and instead expanding existing houses on properties to accommodate larger households, there would not be the need for new construction, but construction workers would still be in need for the renovations. And if more maintenance was done on the existing houses for the people who live in them, there would be fewer places for the drug dealer and other low life type people to move into.

Believe it or not this would cost less waste as well, you would have less leftovers from food that many people end up throwing away, because there would be more people under one roof to eat the food. The expenses would be less because people could share the expenses within the house, which would mean there would be more money in bank accounts. Families could work together to tend gardens of fresh vegetables, and even sell off excess to make a slight profit from it, or even possibly provide the excess food to the less fortunate. There are many benefits of a large family sharing a house, there are some drawbacks, but they can be overcome.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Most countries around the world has a natural balance and almost an equal dispersion between the two sexes - so yes, good question! How fun will that be later down the road and how will this affect China in 20 years from now?

Speaking of the gender imbalance, here is a rather interesting article...
All is not rosy as they say....
China's Gender Imbalance

In the 1950s and 1960s China's leader Mao Zedong instructed the nation to have as many children as possible in order to bury the United States in a human wave. His instructions sent the birth rate soaring to 5.8 children per couple, a level unsustainable for China's natural resources of food, water and energy. By 1962 a massive famine had caused some 30 million deaths.

In 1979, three years after Mao's death, his successor, Deng Xiaoping, introduced China's one-child policy to limit the nation's population growth. The policy required couples from China's ethnic Han majority to have only one child (the law has largely exempted ethnic minorities). It has remained virtually the same ever since.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
believe it or not, things like MTV don't help (even though i love all kinds of music, i also know how influential it can be on developing minds and some of that stuff is not fit for man nor beast) the issues swirling around drugs and crime. .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

so that was their solution to population control. what do you think of it?
what does it indicate about their government, that they knew how their people viewed female children and turned their collective backs while their population selectively aborted so many female children? furthermore, what does it say about their gov, that because of the one child policy, if a couple had more than one child, the gov would fine the couple for not staying within the one child policy, forcing parents who had more than one child (typically an attempt to have a male heir) to hide the daughter who wouldn't receive life saving medical care or educatiion. in other words, what few females that did survive it, have no educations and are probably psychologically scarred from being treated like an outcast, an abberation of nature and a pox on the country.

i dunno why teaching people abstinence is such a horrible idea. it's certainly better than that crapola
edit on 13-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think you touched on something that needs to be addressed.

Education and personal responsibility. In the old days we had large families to work on the farms or help out in the family business. China and soon India will see that it will become impractical to have large families. Don't get me wrong if a couple can afford a large family then by all means have children but if they are just popping out kids with no way of supporting them and become welfare families which the rest of us have to pay for it then it's simply irresponsible.

Not only that, but are they instilling in their children wholesome values, morals and respect for their fellow man and nature?

I think education is a solid foundation. Not just the three Rs.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

what i see is countries all over the world, losing touch on the matter of the sanctity of life, which in turn has caused misery and suffering for people all over the globe, on a level unprecented in the last 6000 years of recorded history. . and governments seem to have no problem with that and in fact, encourage it, legislate it, and teach it, indicating (to me, anyway), that they aren't the same species as the rest of us
edit on 13-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Epic post my friend, but it was rather vague, would you be so kind as to re-post it, but this time please include how you "really" feel?

Well done!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join