It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

That's amazing. I've never seen anything that bad. well except the BP spill.

Star

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by digitalf

And yet, we as humans, want to go and explore the galaxy, eventually colonizing other planets. That should be a big no no, We should sort out or own problems on this planet first, before we think about polluting and destroying other planets!
Spelling

edit on 12-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

I think at this point if we did try and explore the galaxy and there are aliens out there watching us they would just blow up any manned craft we sent out to past the moon. Would you willingly let a deadly virus into your house? I know I wouldn't. I also believe one nation wouldn't be able to really explore space past the moon. The money and resources required would bankrupt any country. The only way we will explore out past the moon would be if we unite as one species or we are on the brink of extintion and it's a last ditch effort to survive.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

That is my question,, since the elite do not care in the slightest...they are not going to do anything about it.

So what to do then.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Niccawhois

I appreciate the reply. I have also noticed that the US has cleaned up it's act compared to the way it was when we were dominate in industry but as many here will point out the US isn't the world. This is a global issue now. The US is no longer the sole major polluter.

This is something I was thinkin about that may have been done intentionally and I didn't realize it until recently.

Most of our polluting industries in the US were outsourced to India and China.

Both nations are overpopulated and fragile.

The US at the moment is geared well to survive a Malthusian collapse. India and China not so much. I almost wonder if the politicians and corporations realized this in the 1970s and the outsoucing of US industry was really outsourcing pollution.

It would make a great conspiracy theory.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well I've been posting that very scenario in many threads for a couple of years now.
I don't think it's really a conspiracy anymore more like a fact.
China and India were more than happy for the jobs = pollution

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good thread. Yes in many ways it is true, but no one is really interested in cleaning up the real problems we are facing with worldwide pollution. Instead TPTB make up their own claims as to what is responsible for pollution, such as their anti CO2 campaign that is AGW and now they are calling it Climate Change to make people believe that natural Climate Change and their version of Climate Change, which keeps being Global Warming being blamed on CO2, are one and the same when they are not.

The only way I see us cleaning up this disaster is when the global elite are not more in power.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Most of our polluting industries in the US were outsourced to India and China.

Flip side to that coin though..

China is the world’s largest garbage importer. In 2008, the U.S. exported 11.6 million tons of recovered paper and cardboard to China. Chinese consumption simply doesn't produce enough waste to feed the country’s recycling industry. (Source: Reuters)

China recycling plastic...

Caption
A laborer collects plastic waste at a garbage recycling site in Huaibei, China. Recycling 1 ton of plastic saves 5.7 cubic meters of landfill space.

Caption
A Bangladeshi man dries pieces of plastic on an embankment in Dhaka. Many poor Bangladeshi men and women collect used plastic materials, break them down into pieces, and sell to recycling plants.

A garbage collector in Taipei separates bones from recyclable kitchen waste. Residents have to separate their litter or risk fines of up to 190 dollars. Taiwan has to cut down on garbage as the island is rapidly running out of space to dump trash. Fines are a last resort. But recycling also seems to be influenced by cultural preferences. While Greece recycles only about 10 percent of its waste, Austria achieves a 60 percent recycling rate. (Source: Reuters)

knowledge.allianz.com.../energy-efficiency-recycling-hidden-resource

Seems there are many places that are recycling.

On recycle day here in Las Vegas... Mexicans are out in force pulling plastic bottles out of the bins. (as well as driving around with trucks looking for any metal) They take the bottles to California where they get a 5 cent per bottle refund at machines. Why can't Nevada just do the same? Attach a refund to ALL bottles? If they did many homeless and even kids would collect them willingly to make a buck.

Back in Canada in the 70's beer bottles had a 10 cent per bottle refund... that was a lot of money to be made in the 70's

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the info and links

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We nothing! We are not causing the extinction of mankind....it's those damn International Bankers and politician and Dick Cheney types. I get so tired of seeing hard working people all over the world who are doing everything possible to save this craphole that we call earth and getting continuously blamed for Dick Cheney, Bush, Obama, Gore, Clintons, Rumsfeld, Bushs' Bi*ch....uh, I mean Brain...karl Rove and the International Bankers, Bernanke, Rothchilds Rockefellers and the like. They are the ones spilling oil, killing fish and birds, starving people, making once great nations destitute by financially bullying us into submission and spreading lab created diseases all over the nations (predominately third world nations) to depopulate the world to a more "controllable amount". If there needs to be anyone blamed ...it's the ones who are doing it and saying things like "we are a country addicted to oil" .....meanwhile Bush/Cheney take war to other countries to make sure they usurp it all. The American people didnt start the wars for oil....Cheney and Bush did. Yet they have the audacity to blame the American people for all the ails of the nation and blame each country for what it's leaders are doing. If there ever needs to be any "downsizing" done on this earth, it should start with the very ones who are REALLY destroying it and then putting the blame on everyone else. I just can't believe, after all this time, simpletons still can't see the obvious.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I appreciate your passion but again [and for like the 20th time] nobody here is advocating ANY population reduction.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
They take the bottles to California where they get a 5 cent per bottle refund at machines. Why can't Nevada just do the same? Attach a refund to ALL bottles? If they did many homeless and even kids would collect them willingly to make a buck.

Just to add to this I can attest that in California there are so many people recycling that it is actually a crime to get into someones waste and pull out recyclable material because of the mess it causes. (This doesn't stop anyone) Not to mention we have a problem with people actually stealing copper, brass, and aluminum fittings and pipes to take in and have recycled.

I can't find the story but I read about a year ago that the local waste management was storing recyclables they pick up regularly because the price had dropped and it was no longer worth shipping overseas. I guess the recycle waste picked up by municipal waste management is a commodity that is bought and sold.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

i actually cried while reading this. I have to say that this is my favorite thread on ATS. It is hard to just sit back helpless while all this is going on in the world. Mother Nature will surely protect herself soon enough and she has been warning us for quite some time now. It has gotten out of hand and we have gone way too far. There is no turning back now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

It is safe to say that humans are Nature's cancer

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
great and informed post but the problems with electric is the batteries are just not powerful enough at the mo and even if they were disposing of the will kill a cuddly lil polarbear. kidding aside the batteries dont last forever and are more toxic than a few humans so jump in your prius which over the life cycle of the vehicle does more damage the a gas equivelant at higher cost and as great as it would be without sorry but i cannot see our immediate future going anywhere without proper fuel (its not really fossils is it now)
edit on 12-1-2011 by nonetruegod because: dimwit

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

A great thread Slayer! S&F!
I think the planet is headed to a major extinction cycle but,the vast majority of people are in denial about that.The guidestones pretty much confirms that the elite are aware of it but since it fits in with their feudal vision of the future they will sit in the shadows and let the rest kill each other.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, now its pretty clear to me that we need to ban human race from a video in order to show how beautiful our planet is

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakesecrest
reply to post by havok

No.

All life requires destructive consumption. None of it is balanced. Humans are the first species on this world to comprehend the concept of conservation and apply it.

Part of the reason civilization entered the Industrial Era, was due to conservation starting in the British Isles where coke was used to replace timber in blast furnaces that produced iron.

So humanity is not a cancer. Humanity isn't a disease or virus. Its a sentient collective entity. If you want to compare them to anything gross, call them a smart slime mold. Slime mold itself is pretty smart, used in bio computing research, but thats a whole other subject.

edit on 12/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: n

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am not an expert on the matter but it very much seems to me like.....The beginning.....of....THE END!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo
Well, now its pretty clear to me that we need to ban human race from a video in order to show how beautiful our planet is

Sorry but that video is CGI Like this one from VUE 8

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join