It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Funny you should say that, I was wondering the same thing, however not about current stuff, but in relation to this thread: Could Our Ancient Alien Sky Prove Our Ancient Alien Past?, more so, my reply to that thread: My Reply

This is how I was able to post that link so fast lol, I had just used it as a reference myself.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

do you think it could be at least in part, responsible for some of the cyclical events we see now and have documented or theorized about as regards past events? i just don't know what to think of the increasing calls for eradication of human populations, other than perhaps the big guys knowing that an event is approaching and they want to be able to blame it on our behavior. a guilt game of global proportions. and people just going along with it, like trained seals.
edit on 14-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I cannot definitively answer those questions. What I can say with assurance is that there is so much that we don't know about a many number of things. Theories are abound, and as long as we have people in the world that will continue to seek answers, I feel confident that perhaps one day, our species will "figure it all out" as they say.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauldamo
Monsanto will hold the switch,they just turn off the supply of food and cause mass starvation,they are about to cull the gene pool,and only the more resourceful will survive,the rich will have the money to buy near immortality,then they will bring out their advanced tech to clean up the world, and then go on to explore and colonize other worlds in the galaxy.

How very depressing!
Probably right tho

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thanks for making this thread. We all know something is up. I think about what it may be from time to time but never figure it out. I probobly never will until its too late. I don't understand why but I feel a little better knowing that others think and feel the same.
Semper fi Slayer

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I thought like that for a while too: it's not my fault, there is nothing i can do about it, governments are evil, corporations are evil.

Of course they are. But I don't believe in absolute evil. What drives them, what allows them to be like that? Didn't we all ask for more, cheaper, safer, easier, more, more, more? I mean look at the food industry and supermarkets. We wanted more and cheaper,didn't we? That is exactly what they gave us. But everything comes at a price. More and cheaper means worse, unhealthier, produced in dubious conditions, destroying whole ecosystems, poisoning the environment. How did we all got fat and comfortable and placid? Did anyone force us?

The way I see it, either it's everyone's fault or no one's fault. Everyone makes choices, and those choices have consequences. We have to take responsibility for those consequences, and stop blaming everyone else but ourselves. It's a little immature, hm?

Ooor, we just say, that's just the way things are, it's no one's fault, there's absolutely nothing we can do about it, we have no control over our actions and their consequences. I have a problem with that line of thinking because it would mean that we also have no power, no free will. We're just floating aimlessly through existence and space. Not even a godless evolutionist like me is ready to accept that. My actions have consequences, and I am not powerless. Nothing is powerless.

As for free energy, I'll believe in it the day I'll see it. I'm not even sure it's such a good idea. How about cheap energy that absolutely everyone can afford, green, and replenishable? That is something I can actually believe in.Free? Nothing is ever free. Life itself comes at the cost of death. It might sound like a platitude, but it's true, living beings have to die in order for others to be fed and survive. If something is free for you, that means someone or something else has to pay for it.

Anyway. Humans are not the cancer of this world. We have just as much right to be here as any other being. We were born of this earth, we just have to stop thinking of it as our property. The Earth is ours, but not our property, just like our parents are ours, but not our property. I believe human beings are amazing, and we could find ways to live sustainably, in harmony with everything else. There are lots of intelligent people who could find solutions. There are lots of brave and determined people who could apply those solutions. I am not intelligent, determined or brave, but I can do my part because I am also not powerless.

Sorry for the long post, I bet no one read it till the end, but I just had to say it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

i think it works like this:

1. laws are put in place to upgrade quality of life issues. this causes a rise in standard of living.

2. upgrades to standard of living laws, increase the prices and the time spent just trying to stay lawful.

3. to continue to afford to be lawful citizens, the citizens, who were still making the same amount of money they were before the rise in costs due to standard of living increases, start looking for ways to still be able to eat, pay their bills while being within the laws (Examples are: taxes, day care for the children of two working parents (a natural cause and effect of the increase in standard of living costs), car seats, shoulder harnesses, safety and emissions inspections for vehicles, proper attire and upkeep for their children, laws regarding the home which might include maintenance of the structure and lawn care depending on where they live, mandatory car insurance, societal and peer pressure to maintain "appearances" which can get outrageously expensive, new technologies that might be required for the job or job hunting, etc)

4. this translates to a demand for cheaper products, which in turn translates to a demand for cheaper labor, which in turn creates a vicious downward spiral.

(p.s. add to that the traditional money expenditures, such as birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, showers, and holidays and unforeseen expenses such as disasters, deaths in the family and illnesses.)

edit on 14-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just bumping this thread back to the front page , as it is worthy of everyone's attention . Nothing I can really say to add to everything that has already been said .

Good work Slayer .

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian

I thought like that for a while too: it's not my fault, there is nothing i can do about it, governments are evil, corporations are evil.

Well that's not how I think at all but I know what you mean.
It's everyone's fault... but it starts at the top.

If the society and monetary systems we have in place, reward people with wealth and land and power... how are we ever going to get anywhere?

"Oh but what about the rainforests?" someone asks..... - "Shhhh don't worry, here's a million pounds, just don't make a fuss"

"What about the pollution being funnelled out into the sea?" - "That's just the way things are, take a nice holiday somewhere"

Corporations are not evil.... neither are governments... I don't believe in NWO and all that....

BUT

Governments and corporations ARE corrupt.. and that's the problem.

Humans are corrupt... and greedy... not all of us, there are many who actually do care and many who do want change.... but as the old saying goes, "everyone has their price"

How many people get into politics in order to help people.... probably at least 80% of people..... until they learn the game, learn what they can get and what the benefits are... and then, all of a sudden, their position has changed, they're not so concerned about the same things they were.

They got in to change the system on the inside, but the system changed them.

Yes... my post will be littered with corny cliches, I apologise.

I mean look at the food industry and supermarkets. We wanted more and cheaper,didn't we? That is exactly what they gave us. But everything comes at a price. More and cheaper means worse, unhealthier, produced in dubious conditions, destroying whole ecosystems, poisoning the environment. How did we all got fat and comfortable and placid? Did anyone force us?

Very very true.

I've said the same in threads about obesity and laziness and so on.
We want everything so cheap and readily available all year round... something has to give, and It's usually the quality of the food and the safety and working conditions of those involved in picking/farming the food.

It's sad that many people don't cook any more, and I mean cook.... not put the oven or the fryer on and bung in a ready meal, actually cook with ingredients and fresh produce.

I still find it odd that It's cheaper to buy unhealthy frozen junk food than it is to by healthy, organic fresh food.

That is not just down to us.

And that people (and life in general) are so busy now... life is lived at 100mph.... you get up, go to work, come home eat, feel tired, go to bed...

We don't have enough time for ourselves any more, there needs to be a balance.

Our ancestors had it.

But in the 21st century, digital age and so on.... we've lost our way for sure.

The way I see it, either it's everyone's fault or no one's fault. Everyone makes choices, and those choices have consequences. We have to take responsibility for those consequences, and stop blaming everyone else but ourselves. It's a little immature, hm?

It is without a doubt everyone's fault.... at least,. everyone who actually has a choice anyway.
There are people who live in absolute squalor and who are exploited by companies for their produce and labour... the slums of India...Rain forest tribes....Farmers and land owners the world over..... new mothers (the nestle breast milk thing).... there are always people looking to exploit people.

So excluding all those people, yes, we all have a choice.

Anyone who lives a comfortable life, who has a job and has enough money to live.... really ought to do more.

Although that would be far less than half of the world's population.

But it is up to us to do something.... to get the balance back, to strike a perfect balance and harmony between the planet and our needs..... between our needs and the needs of the needy.

People have eyes, but they choose not to see.... we see homeless everyday on the streets, people look away... we see tragedy on the news, and we turn over.

We see people starving and dying around the world... and if every single person who could afford it reached into their pocket and donated, that would make a difference... but we don't, we turn the channel.

People like the idea of helping and caring but in reality... they don't have time... it doesn't affect their lives so they don't give it a thought..... they have their own problems, they need a new car or a TV...

We're just floating aimlessly through existence and space. Not even a godless evolutionist like me is ready to accept that. My actions have consequences, and I am not powerless. Nothing is powerless.

No me neither, I think we are amazing beings with the power to do amazing things.
Good things.... life changing and world-righting things.... we can achieve anything.... we just need to do it and not talk about it and not fantasize about it.

As for free energy, I'll believe in it the day I'll see it. I'm not even sure it's such a good idea. How about cheap energy that absolutely everyone can afford, green, and replenishable? That is something I can actually believe in.Free? Nothing is ever free.

Well there are all the stories of cars that run on water and air and so on.... and then the oil companies buy up the patents and plans.... can't let something like that get in the way of their profits can they?

We have Two thirds of the planet covered in water... we have an unlimited supply of wind and so on.... people used to have mills, both water and wind.
But businesses got huge... manufacturing became the way of the world.... and we needed bigger and better... engines, electricity.... coal....oil.....

We could go back to sustainable, cheap energy.... we could all have our own personal supply.... either individually or communally, it's not only feasible but is absolutely doable.
Wind, solar, water...

We're getting there but It's taking time.

People (corporations/companies) need time to work out their profit margins and how they can maximise them.

And that's what it comes down to.... money, it really does.

It makes the world go around and until that stops... until we realise that they way our system, world, society and ultimately lives are set up is bad and counter-productive to our survival, it will always be this way.

Anyway. Humans are not the cancer of this world. We have just as much right to be here as any other being. We were born of this earth, we just have to stop thinking of it as our property.

Well I disagree.... we are the cancer of this world.
Not all of us.... but as a species, we are.

We did have a right to be here.... we once lived in harmony with the planet, we respected nature and lived among it... with it, in it.

Now I honestly don't think we do.

We've wiped out more species than you can ever count, and the rate is growing continuously and faster all the time.

Polluted more than we can ever measure.

Done more harm to our environment and each other, than anything else ever could.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be here and people are evil and nasty and a disease... I don't think in those terms... but if you look from the planets point of view... or look at it objectively, we certainly are the worst thing that could have ever happened to this planet.

I believe human beings are amazing, and we could find ways to live sustainably, in harmony with everything else. There are lots of intelligent people who could find solutions. There are lots of brave and determined people who could apply those solutions. I am not intelligent, determined or brave, but I can do my part because I am also not powerless.

Me too.... ultimately I still think there is hope... in amongst the slurry... the greed.... the genocide.... the corruption.... the wars..... the depravity..... there is hope.

But we need to change and fast.

Both ourselves and the planet don't have long left.

I wish us luck.

edit on 14/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

-------Thread Update-------

Great new thread just posted on topic. Well worth a read....

Global Food Chain Stretched to the Limit

Strained by rising demand and battered by bad weather, the global food supply chain is stretched to the limit, sending prices soaring and sparking concerns about a repeat of food riots last seen three years ago.

"We are entering a danger territory,"...

...As supplies tighten, prices surge. Earlier this month, the FAO said its food price index jumped 32 percent in the second half of 2010, soaring past the previous record set in 2008.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Corporations are not evil.... neither are governments... I don't believe in NWO and all that....

BUT

Governments and corporations ARE corrupt.. and that's the problem.

I've wrestled with the whole NWO thing myself.

I agree it's more along the lines of Corporate Greed, Government Corruption and the public ignorance that have lead us down this path IMO.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I've wrestled with the whole NWO thing myself.

I agree it's more along the lines of Corporate Greed, Government Corruption and the public ignorance that have lead us down this path IMO.

Me too mate.

I don't mean that there aren't rich people with an agenda... or even a few guys pullings strings that they shouldn't be pulling, of course that happens.

I just don't believe in the NWO in the way that it's come to be known.... an actual group of people who organise every war/event everywhere, who want us all enslaved and who are poisoning us through the air, water and everything else.

Then again... I'm not totally ignorant as to rule it out.

And yes, we are all to blame but we did not build this society... we did not chose to be ruled and have the systems we have.

And we're too apathetic and lazy to change them and that IS our fault.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Good point.

And as a consequence our planet is going down the tubes fast.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
When will the Earth begin producing white blood cells to fight the human infection?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

"Infestation" Not infection.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

It is without a doubt everyone's fault.... at least,. everyone who actually has a choice anyway.
There are people who live in absolute squalor and who are exploited by companies for their produce and labour... the slums of India...Rain forest tribes....Farmers and land owners the world over..... new mothers (the nestle breast milk thing).... there are always people looking to exploit people.

I wanted to say everyone excluding such people who struggle with extreme poverty, but I thought to keep it simple. It would be very hard to explain environmental responsibility to a slum dweller. But those people are less of a burden to the environment than most of us.

Well there are all the stories of cars that run on water and air and so on.... and then the oil companies buy up the patents and plans.... can't let something like that get in the way of their profits can they?

Yeah I know about all that and I think oil companies are definitely capable of such a cover-up. I do find it funny that no viable alternative to fossil fuels was found until now. I just don't have any definitive proof that "free energy" was suppressed either. And as I said, I don't believe it would be completely free anyway.

Well I disagree.... we are the cancer of this world.
Not all of us.... but as a species, we are.

if you look from the planets point of view... or look at it objectively, we certainly are the worst thing that could have ever happened to this planet.

Ha, I was trying to be positive, and not to be too much of a stereotypical environmentalist. We certainly look like a cancer for this planet. But as I said earlier in this thread, we ARE this planet, well, a part of it. (Ok, you could also see cancer as a part of an organism I guess, but that doesn't sit well with my theory so we'll just ignore it
). In the Gaia theory, of which I am a big fan, the Earth functions as a whole, as a super-organism. Everything in it performs a function. It's a crazy idea, but maybe our actions are not un-natural, just like us humans are not some un-natural, outside force. Sure we're doing something unprecedented, but it wouldn't be the first time life on Earth performs unprecedented actions. Maybe there's a bigger picture we just can't see. Sorry if that's not very clear, it's also not very clear in my head yet.

Well...I'm glad we can agree on individual responsibility. I know power corrupts, and "fish start rotting from the head" (don't know if that saying exists in English, but you get my point). Things would be much better if we also had better leaders. But I know I'm also to blame, just like most other people.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
But as I said earlier in this thread, we ARE this planet, well, a part of it. (Ok, you could also see cancer as a part of an organism I guess, but that doesn't sit well with my theory so we'll just ignore it
).

Well we are... but we are also very new on this planet.
In the history of our planet, we are but a second on the earth, we've been here no time at all... and look at the destruction we've caused.

Animals have been here a lot longer, but still not that long, and they managed fine without us before and they'll manage fine long after we've gone, provided there is still a planet left.

Given any more time, and we will have some I'm sure, we could completely f*** things up.

Or

We could change things for the good.

It's our choice.

In the Gaia theory, of which I am a big fan, the Earth functions as a whole, as a super-organism. Everything in it performs a function. It's a crazy idea, but maybe our actions are not un-natural, just like us humans are not some un-natural, outside force. Sure we're doing something unprecedented, but it wouldn't be the first time life on Earth performs unprecedented actions. Maybe there's a bigger picture we just can't see. Sorry if that's not very clear, it's also not very clear in my head yet.

Na I'm relatively familiar with the theory and there seems to be some truth in it.... although some of it is questionable.

I do think we all have a part to play and every living thing is necessary and vital to the harmony and balance of our planet... I do.... but with us here, we're ruining that and we are causing imbalances.... we are killing the planet.

And disproportionately too....

Humans are like China and the USA when it comes to pollution. They pollute far more than anyone else and far more than their share.

And with humans.... we kill the planet far more than any other creature and more rapidly too.

Well...I'm glad we can agree on individual responsibility. I know power corrupts, and "fish start rotting from the head" (don't know if that saying exists in English, but you get my point).

LOL.... it isn't but I like that saying.

edit on 14/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
great post,im glad someone could put into words and images of what we are all thinking.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If everyone had a buddha nature of selfless caring then we would not have many of our current problems.

Free energy is possible but it's not without cost or effort. We need to build the infrastructure of wind farms and solar arrays at great expense so that future generations could benefit from what in their time would be like free or nearly free energy. It's up to them to maintain it. Look at us in the USA we had all this great infrastructure and now it's all breaking down because nobody is maintaining anything.

In this world with the creativity and intelligence we have and the technology that exists now, we could make it happen. Nobody does it because it's not profitable in the short term.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A few random pcitures from a few places in the world is not devastation. It's localized pollution. I live in a big city now and can travel 20 minutes and be in untouched hidden places with waterfalls not even the locals seem to know about. It's true the water isn't what is was in 1820 but it's doesn't ned to be, I have my own drinking water. I crossed a shipping lane in my kayak the other day, one cap, one plastic bag, not other rubbish, clear blue water.
I bet the poster of this article lives in a place raf different from the photos he posted, in fact I know he does.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join