It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
reply to post by BlackOps719

More like dead eyes. It looks like there is nothing left inside.

On a lighter note, he sort of resembles Uncle Fester from the Addams Family. Sorry, just an observation.

Agree with ya oh a star for ya expect he might had a darker soul not a pure soul inside, speaking which of where were his parents? how come his parents aren't to be blamed for this? they should had control over him otherwise
this wouldn't happen.

The state should blame the parents not the ATS site.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I dont think ATS has to make any statement except [that it is not responsible for the actions of 1 or many people here]. There are many people here who are exactly like Jared, you can tell from their posts, and from what i see he did fit in here. We have a cross section of america here, sure we mostly lean to the not-trusting kind of folk but hey! thats what this site screems. Jared was born into a world that has seen his country lie,cheat, steal, and kill its own people. Jared sees a world thats ok to act violently to make the ultimate message. He was taught to be this way from the begining through school, mass media and a host of other inputs. Hell he has seen his country go to wars to kill and murder for its causes, why shouldnt he. Wasnt he taught that when talking or comunication breaks down, violence is the next step?? [vietnam-iraq-afaganistan-and maybe iran next]
I dont think we quite understand the information a child is bombarded with from a very early age that continues on through his whole life. Some can handle it [not really, for everybody has sin] some lose all sense of control and act like jared did. I blame society much more, our way of life than than i do jared. TO ME he was a victim also.

ATS doesnt need to make a statement, doesnt need to delete his postings. let the dice roll!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Is it morally wrong to post on ATS? No. Even the posts by erad3 were not morally wrong. In fact, they sound confused. Is it morally wrong to go on a shooting rampage? Yes. That is what should be punished. We do not need to live in a world of fear where doing things for good reason, like posting and sharing information on ATS (free speech by the way), are punished to the extent of murder. That would begin to become a painful world, almost impossible to navigate.

It would be a bit different if he had been using the website to coordinate attacks, or collaborate or something, but that would not be tolerated here. Instead, he posted some extremely harmless posts about infinite currency, empty space shuttles and the like.

I hope I make sense.
edit on 10-1-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Should Youtube be scrutinized because he had an account and posted there too? He probable also had accounts with Godlike productions, Huffington Post and Daily Kos. Those sites, as ATS, can't be wholey responsible for who they attract. They do a good job of mederating and probably allow TPTB do their thing at will besides. Blame the FEDS for not noticing him in here too.

Thanks to the Owner for posting this thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Some of you people here are hypocrites. What Jared is was wrong, but he did what some of you posters wish you had the balls to do. Not towards that particular congresswoman and other poeple he shot but to other politicians whom some of you dislike, hate, and despise. For all the political rhetoric tea partiers, democrats and republicans incite it surprising something like this didnt happen sooner. There are hundreds and thousands of other individuals who suffer from the very similar symptoms that he suffers from. They just dont turn to such violent means to make a point. To be honest after reading his post I can see that he was delusional and suffering more than one kind of disorder. I dont beleive he is to blame. I blame society for not taking better care of individuals who need mental help. And most importantly I blame WHOEVER would sell him a gun. How could someone like him legally purchase and own a gun.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The creep reminds me of sloth from Goonies. But I don't see the point of someone in the media trying to say a person with a shaved head fits a certain profile thats just crap right there and shows ignorance to the max.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shyster55

I am willing to guess that the way he presented himself in public was different than how he expressed himself online. I really don't know the process of legally obtaining a gun in that state but it would be a safe bet that where he obtained it from didn't hold a lengthy conversation with him or ask questions that might flip a switch so to speak. Besides people that want to do harm will do it reguardless if they use a legally owned gun, sword, chainsaw, steak knife, screwdriver, nail clippers, yes nail clippers according to the tsa those are deadly.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I was a EMT and dealt with the mentally ill for 30 years.

There was nothing i see that ATS did wrong.

But i see a lot of failing of law enforcement in AZ.
The shooter had many run-ins with law enforcement over mental instability yet they never took his weapons or as far as i can tell committed him on a hold.
www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org...

The law there can not be that differant from Calif and what the media is reporting now about his threats and his being kicked out of collage because of mental instability.

In Calif someone that threatens others and has signs of mental illness can be committed for 72 hours.(5150)
And the first thing the cops will ask is if the person has a firearm and they will remove it till they have heard from the shrinks as to the persons mental stability.
www.mabpro.com...

The only problem i could see for ATS is law enforcement trying to shift the blame to others for there failings.
thechollajumps.wordpress.com...
escapetyranny.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is all part of the trouble.. Say this post just a few above mine, full of violent bs from a person who does not see a need to take any personal responsibility for the bs he or she says.

You know what is more sad, in an idealistic world we would all be completly free.. But also in an idealistic world each and every one of us would be responsiable citizens. Its a bit pointless to complain about "them" when you cant take care of "you" even. We will never really have freedom until we are mature enough for it.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
This is a rather unique situation, to say the least. I and our staff have been considering if we should provide a public statement, and if we do, what should we say? Especially since we're already being contacted by the media for comment and more information.

No public statement, maybe a message containing only the bare facts to the rank and file and don't talk to the press unless they ask you very, very nicely and offer lots of money.

From information currently available:

English may not be erad3's first language,

Whilst erad3 does mention real life situations in some posts, he cannot be said to imply empathy in any of them

erad3 ineffectually uses psychological techniques to pursuade

There is witness testamony that Jared is a scary guy

Jared developed fixations on people

I reserve judgement until further information but as he murdered those people in cold blood, it would not suprise me to learn that Jared is both psychotic and psychopathic.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In this world there are wonderful, beautiful fantastic moments, there's laughter and smiles and hugs and kisses,
looking forward in promise at little babies, marveling at a rainbow at sunset and hearing I Love You.
There's weddings and graduations and first steps, cuddling and spooning and surprised passionate love making.
There's also war and starvation, murder and rape, child molestation, drive by shootings, beheadings, created poverty, greed, lust, and apathy.

The outrage and shock of a single man calculating his actions and justifying them to himself and then acting upon them bringing pain and sorrow and horrible deaths is no different than a government or nation state or a corporation doing the same.
The results are the same, the only marked difference is the acceptance and support of said actions or the lack thereof.

Clearly he was disturbed and no doubt for quite sometime,
Whatever deficiencies he had to begin with and whatever more he collected along the way, it would seem that there were no guiderails in place, or actions taken by himself or those that knew him best.

Could this or any other personal tragedy throughout time be completely avoided?
Perhaps lessened, or minimized, but 100% avoided, no way.
Could the grander scale events of tragedy such as wars for profit and poverty and starvation be brought under control, be eliminated, be avoided?
ONLY if those in charge, who operate the same as this single individual, had their mental issues and deficiencies
corrected and found no justification and acceptance with their shared beliefs along with their collegues also in control.

Hindsight is always perfect,
but the ability to predict human behavior is not.
Ultimately we all answer for our own actions, our tolerances, and our failures.
He operated on his own and whatever path he walked to get there, he walked closer to home for the greatest amount of time.
It's where we all walk, where we all learn, or fail to learn.

There are no doubt 1,000s and 1,000s of Jareds to varying degrees amongst us all, from the simple student neighbor to the CEO of a corporation to leaders of government, all operating at varying degrees of mental and emotional damage.

It will never be a sterile world, tragedy will find us all, we are here for a short while,
a very short while, on the large canvas of the never ending masterpiece called life.
Contribute the best you can, share a moment, learn that love is not weakness or odd when given to a stranger,
and that empathy and concern are more powerful than bombs and bullets and anger and hate.

If he is any example,
He is the example of an individual a billion miles in the middle of the blackness of nowhere filled with the hopelessness of zero empathy, love and understanding, who fell through more cracks than a crumbled cobblestone street.
He is not an example of what I've typically encountered on this website.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I cant say i know much about his personal life, his homelife etc... You do?

I'm sorry, i look at that post and see everything wrong, cold and alone in the world.. No doubt what you are trying to get over as the point, but not the way humanity should work or the way for us to evolve as a people. Using it as an excuse for actions like this eh. I'd rather us make something posative here.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Let's turn this thing around for a minute. Let's say he did post a specific threat. Would the site be liable if he carried out his threat? I don't think a website could be held liable. I am sure you must report it. But, it is not a websites job to track down leads, gather evidence...

The thing people seem to forget is this guy is still alive. From what I've seen he will talk all day. Let's see what his motivation was.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yeah you are probably right. The laws are probably a little more different in AZ. I live here in CA and when I purchased my firearms they gave me a decent backround check. To the point where if I had any psych holds or commited any serious crimes they probably would not have sold them to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Do not provide anything that resembles anything close to a "guilty conscience". The gun he used, the maker of the gun, did they apologize or express anything toward the situation? The people who should be held accountable are the people who made up the security presence at the venue the shooting occured. ATS is nothing but a place where "like minded" individuals share ideas. It isnt like ATS should be policing its boards and "profiling" its members to weed out dissenters and potential "Oswalds".

A tragedy is a tragedy and why add o it? It would be a tragedy to blame ATS for this incident instead of, placing the blame squarely where it belongs; that would be the greedy bankstaz and politicianz who are causing this level of discontent amongst the people that gives birth to "monsterz" like said shooter. Its not like he was William Greer" lol I still disbelieve that theory, this was a man who felt strongly abot something and decided to make a statement, however wrong it is an action that arises from a lack principle and moral fibre; not ideas guns or paranoia.

Anyway if TPTB wish to make an issue out of this, maybe they should deal with the issue of concern. If you ask me we should be getting a Red Dawn sequel or redux and it should be about the NWO. LOL the UN invading the US with a united coup staged by the nations of the world to impose a NWO. LOL Of course to stop the inevitable WW3. Once again only address a direct atack by the media if it is brought to a national level, or risk setting yourselves up.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Of course if something must be said learn from Derek jeter of the New York Yankees, address the topic but not the issue by issuing a formal statement of sincere condolences to those involved in the shooting. Do not answer any direct questions unless it is to "promote" the site.Denial is the greatest weapon for example " I was not aware that ATS was being considered as a motivation to this heinous crime with which said action we sincerely disagree with and outline in our "site rules". and then the punchline "a conspiracy theory a co-conspirator does not make". BONG!!!! Gooday

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shyster55

Well in this case I am not sure was he ever admitted to a psych ward/ test in his life? I know the teacher in his college said he acted in a strange way and they wanted a psych review before coming back but things like that probably wouldn't show up on a background check unless that kind of info was supposed to be submitted to the authorities and wasn't in which case those people should feel a heavy weight of guilt hanging over their heads.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I find it very strange that he popped up randomly in 09 for two posts.. then disappeared for a while only to come back and post for a straight month and then vanish again.

Is it possible when he went to the military they noticed this mans profound intelligence and decided to give him other interviews which may or may not have turned into experiments?

I'm grasping at straws here but this just doesn't seem like another lunatic, though, I do completely feel he deserves the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

umm hes 22 i think the parents have done their job it was his call as an adult or there is some form of brainwashing he may of just snapped mentally probably will never know

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here's a public statement that's good enough:

"The guy posted here. Had we known he was crazy and murderous, we would have alerted whomever necessary. We are a public forum, not a psych observation ward."

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join