It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi
reply to post by The Revenant

An account on this site could be argued as a sign of "mental-illness".
Nanny-states are so 2010. Best not start down a slippery slope.

I cant deny the probity of your point, but i ask you - At what cost?

Rev.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here is a youtube video that I found interesting and wanted to share with you all.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Ventessa because: cuz I'm embed retarded...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The RevenantI only say the below because I believe it to be the truth, and something that requires urgent attention -

ATS, as a community and a business, does NOT provide a safe environment for mentally ill people to consume media. There are not enough safeguards in place, nor enough stringently enforced rules in relation to mental illness. I have no ill will towards the mentally ill, only a wish to safeguard (most importantly) them and others in the context of this community.

And how would you propose that this website winnow out the mentally unstable? Staff psychologists or just leave it up to the membership to find and report them?

Does this apply to political stances? Social issues? Phobia? Trolling?

Where, exactly, are the lines to be drawn?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Instead of mulling over "why why" we should be mulling around the thought "where were the parents?"

20 year-old college student, lives with parents.. Fox News updates says the parents have attempted to barricade themselves in their home.. apparently the FBI got in, more to come on MoxNews.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

I agree, the murder of the 9-year-old girl is tragic and the saddest part of this whole damn story (I grieve for all the others too).

But, I do not believe ATS members will be scrutinized at all by the US government. The leadership here, and many top ranking members keep a fairly tight ship that allows us to explore conspiracies in a productive, exciting, and real manner. I have faith in the ATS leadership, and I think others do too. That's why it's an awesome site. But like all awesome sites, it gets the nutters too -this one being worse than all others. That said, the government and media will look here after the fact to collect evidence of all sorts but not actively monitor it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
And how would you propose that this website winnow out the mentally unstable? Staff psychologists or just leave it up to the membership to find and report them?

It's a really difficult one Masqua. I don't pretend to have the answers, and I can understand your frustration.

Perhaps, given the nature of the site (its propensity to attract unstable individuals) a partnership with mental health initiatives - (NGO's only) - would prove fruitful?

As a community, both the leaders and citizens of ATS all need to learn how to deal with this, rather than be 'channeled' down any one path. I know for a fact that mental health practitioners and volunteers can provide at the very least some simple warning signs to look for. Or even training for the moderators and staff here.

Perhaps having an account for mental health practitioners to use (when alerted) could provide a recourse. I don't know either way - but something has to give, as at the moment, this site is a 'venus flytrap' for mental illness.

The Revenant.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Take no action, and do not speak to the media. ATS has nothing to defend.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What an unfortunate incident. In an open society anything can happen at anytime. And he clearly had issues as his writing style clearly shows at least a couple disorders.

His ATS member name seemed familiar and I checked to see if I ever commented on one of his threads, but I never did. I remember seeing at least one of his threads at the time though because the writing style is so unique I just knew he was either doing it on purpose, or had problems. It's like he wrote, and filmed with a clear sinister purpose. I love investigating things and problem solving. From a therapist side of things, I'm interested in what their evals will produce. Our brains are such complex organs and just when we think we have things figured out, something like this happens.

I think ATS should take a proactive approach and come out with a short statement. Something that shows we recognize the tragedy along with sending our condolences (thoughts and prayers) as an online community to the families involved. And that we invite anyone who wishes to join our community in search for the Truth in all matters of life on earth.

I'd like to take this opportunity to personally send my condolences to the families involved. In times like these it's important to remember to never doubt in the dark what God showed us in the Light. It's unfortunate that it takes something like this for people to stop in their pursuits of happiness and just be happy because you never know what tomorrow brings.

God bless.

Today, it is,
One Nation Under...Mourning

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by The RevenantI only say the below because I believe it to be the truth, and something that requires urgent attention -

ATS, as a community and a business, does NOT provide a safe environment for mentally ill people to consume media. There are not enough safeguards in place, nor enough stringently enforced rules in relation to mental illness. I have no ill will towards the mentally ill, only a wish to safeguard (most importantly) them and others in the context of this community.

ATS is a big community .. we have Cops ... we have officials... we have a Radio station ... we have the president and his staff ... we are the civilians... where is the doctor ? lol
you could be a good doctor masqua
(mind and soul doctor)

we should open a new Class beside the Writer Fighter title .... PSYCOLOGIST
where can i apply

its ok i dont need to be paid .. i like helping people to fight the darkside

edit on 1/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I agree 100%. ATS can not be help accountable in any way. He has done this all on his own. If someone should be blamed, it's him, not ATS, not YouTube...well maybe Youtube...LOL just kidding.
edit on 10-1-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
for all the MODS:
Any futur violent and troubled posts or threads ..the members should be classed apart by the mods watching them more closely
and if it goes worst .. ATS can contact the autorities and let them know of a potential violent individu
its the best thing to do

it will help ATS in a great way... and the autorities will know that here on ATS we dont support any violent behavior that could degenerate into a killers
its always start somewhere ... we can avoid futur casualties by doing that
the world will be looking at us in a good way and not in a negative conspiracy influence

edit on 1/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
ATS does not need to make a statement. Will Google? Will Facebook? Will YouTube? This website is in the big leagues (sort of) and attracts every type of person as a service built around a community to generate ad dollars from page clicks/views. And frankly, by making any type statement it will garner unneeded scrutiny to ATS.

Again, I stand by the leadership of ATS and its senior members. And while I am not naive, I do know that every thread cannot be moderated, but I do have faith in ATS members to do what is right, as evidenced by the fact folks on ATS told him to get help. **People are mostly good. And we will solve the world's conspiracies as long as it stays that way**
edit on 10-1-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Though I feel that ATS owes no apologies, I do feel that it may not be up to them right now. If there is no one to blame, ATS may find themselves, the "lone" reason why he finally lost it. Though I'm sure not true, its what the media decides in the long run.

I fear that this will affect ATS more then they realize right now. There are many newer members who may not see that this is a place where outside the box topics can be discussed, and that "stuff" happens, and may feel that this site may need its own "policing".

I hope that this is not the case, but thats all I see right now. ATS may have to deal with the backlash, and maybe our members. ATS are the "big" fish in the conspiracy community, and with that title may have to deal with the repercussions. There is a lot of jealousy, and hatred towards this site from other sites, and this may also cause some problems.

As far as my membership is concerned, I am happy to be a part of ATS, and will stand by the place that has helped me to become more aware, and awake. As I am sure there are many others out there that feel the same.

Good Luck, NRE.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not surprised, ATS promotes a kind of mindset that is paranoid in nature and the topics discussed here nurtures that kind of anarchistic thinking that with a sad mental lunatic can often push them into doing horrible things just like with that guy. ATS is not to blame of course, right now ATS is like facebook but here its very hard to distinguish between the sane and the insane.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
After reading most of his threads&posts, I am convinced this whole thing was a setup/conspiracy from the beginning. Schizophrenia?
You gotta be kidding me!!! His responses were more robotic than hearing a stephen hawkings tape recorded message.
It seems some of our pyschiatric experts are a little too book-smart but lack in the street wise category...just my "opinion"!

What better way to take down ATS then to setup a fictional persona, have a cia patsy do some high profile killing, then the media takes it for a spin and blames the conspiracy sites, which leads to a)internet ids b)site censoring c)anti-gun laws d)dead MODERATE federal representatives&judges..because ONLY the moderate get killed.

We got taken for a ride BIG TIME! If I were ATS management I WOULD SUE the cia, fbi, and any mainstream media outlet that bad mouthes the site. We should an example to the status quo that we won't allow ANYONE to mess with us.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well said, Misoir. ATS staff should definitely make a public statement denouncing this murderer while also reassuring those whose imaginations might run wild due to the media misinterpretations that will undoubtedly happen that the vast majority of ATS members are every-day people who have questions they need answered. Just as YouTube has its share of crazies mixed with completely normal people, so does ATS.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
We here at AboveTopSecret.com, our owners, staff, and membership find ourselves in the unfortunate position of apparently being one of the largest (if not the largest) repositories of online postings by someone who has been classified as a "monster" (among other things) due to his (accused) actions of two days ago.

Why is this unfortunate for ATS? ATS had nothing to do with his actions.

In fact, this incident is just another example of how vast the ATS network has become. Now it has direct connections to high-profile incidents with sketchy explanations by the media. The media has now, more than ever, pointed out ATS to the general public.

Considering the intelligent members on ATS and the ATS connection, we have an exclusive ability to investigate this incident in a way not really possible to other sources like the mainstream media. You can bet your ass that there are media shrills and government spooks filtering through every post we've made about this guy.

Same thing happened when the Reise/Weiss kid (whatever his name was) shot up a school in the US a few years back. He made a couple of posts on here too and the media made note of it (albeit they compared ATS to skinhead websites at the time).
edit on 10-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Hello! In response to the above comment, and after over a year looking at the ATS site on an almost daily basis, I'm pleased to become a member of a forum that self-moderates, though higher intervention is inevitable and indeed very necessary when some of the posts are simply ridiculous. Maybe I have way too much time on my hands, being 'between jobs' in Liverpool in an area where you simply don't go out after dark..

However I have decided to join following the ATS response to the Jared or Erad(?) post by ATS owners. I can only felicitate you and the staff for the honesty and openness that this website has expressed. It is rare these days to find an open forum with integrity of this ilk.

I'm new here, so best to point out that the 'White' in 'WhiteAlaska' has nothing to do with colour of skin, I'm Kenya raised and we don't have colour issues.

edit on 10-1-2011 by WhiteAlaska because: ...ooops I'm a bit slow...the 'above comment' has moved further up...sorry!

edit on 10-1-2011 by WhiteAlaska because: too busy checking other threads! I'll get the hang of it....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I think this might be one of your worst nightmares and light years from your intentions starting this site. The way you are handling this is comendable and along with the staff I feel you will continue to do the right things in this matter.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
for all the MODS:
Any futur violent and troubled posts or threads ..the members should be classed apart by the mods watching them more closely
and if it goes worst .. ATS can contact the autorities and let them know of a potential violent individu
its the best thing to do

I disagree. I often make hateful remarks at the US. Military (because they are murdering criminals) here on ATS but I would never hurt anybody. Thats the reason I hate the US. Military; because they are terribly violent and love to murder innocents. Point aside; nobody should be classed apart from others. ATS is not the police nor are they detectives, so why don't we leave the police work to the police, yeah?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join