It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i seriously do not understand why some people think ATS can be considered responsible, why do people think this?
youtube has lots of video's on conspiracy, and lots of video's making wild claims, the comments i see in a lot of video's are hateful, racist etc. you tube is a conspiracy site, more so than ATS, o.k. it is also a wildlife site among many other subjects, but where does ATS get most of its topics from if not a lot? =you tube. erad3 posted there to.

there are many many many sites out there with wild claims that do NOT allow discussion so that the claims can be picked apart. i am convinced erad3 was all ready disturbed before coming to ATS, he was not understood here, and was told to seek help. nobody here could of guessed he would do what he did.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am still trying to figure out how we discovered this so rapidly. Out of many thousands of accounts, somehow the community zeroed in on erad3 within 24 hours - impressive! I don't believe that it reflects negatively on the ATS community that he happened to be a member, for heaven's sake, does it reflect badly on the members of his community in Tucson that he happened to live there? From what I saw on his threads, people here couldn't figure out what he was talking about and advised him to get help. I think it reflects positively on us that we may be able to provide additional insight, and I think ATS Mgt should absolutely go forward with any and all information we have that may help the investigation.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I certainly don't think ATS needs to "apologize" for anything! It is an anonymous web site where people who are interested in a very diverse array of topics can converse about them. That is going to attract all kinds of people, by its very nature. This site stays on the intellectual side of things and simply speculates on interesting theories and ideas.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
IF he was wearing an American uniform and in the middle east, he would be getting a pat on the back for shooting 8 year old girls and older females. – Well one things for sure, he would never stand trial for it out there.

Your troops have been throwing puppy’s, teasing thirsty kids with bottles of water and shooting anything that moves – in a country 60% of them couldn’t spell if asked on the spot.

And here you are asking why he did it and who is responsible?

The young lad was born into the most aggressive country in this world, a war mongering nation of people who send their young out to kill others and then welcome them home with cups of piss and banks owning their house.

33 people - 7 of them under 10, getting blown to bits in a villege 'wedding party' would not even make your news now. Not even when you're the ones dropping the 2000lb'ers.

Laughner is a nut alright, but he far from being a lone one.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If Erad3 doesn't make logical sence to ATS then ATS can not understand Erad3.
If ATS can not understand Erad3 then Erad3 cannot provide understandable statements.

Either he's a complete nut job or he's a total genius.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A day like today I feel more proud than ever about being a member of the ATS community. Before I came to this website I considered myself a pretty smart person and was quickly humbled and taking to task everytime I posted here. The ATS community has made a smarter, broader person and that has helped me not only while participanting on this website but also has affected me positively giving me tools that have help me navigate through life.

I welcome the extra scrutiny (if any) that this site might have either from the government, the media and/or just random people. I can guarantee you that if they learn and apply just a few of the things that are discuss here on a daily basis the world would be a better place... Who knows that might be the biggest conspiracy of all.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Quite frankly, I'd take a page out of Rahm Emanuel's book. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Should ATS be talked about in mainstream media then it's a chance to get some people to look at news from a different pov. If it were my decision, I would make a statement at least on the front-page or an obvious link to the case of Jared being a member here on the Front page.

I would start the statement with our true heartfelt sadness for the loss of life and the pain and suffering the victims and their families are feeling. How no one at ATS has ever advocated violence, and that this is a site for people to discuss topics from differing viewpoints. That there are over 200k members who come and go. That while he was a member here and anyone can join for free, he was not part of the community, nor was he well received, and quote some of the passages that reflect that point.

I would then say many people here are concerned about our world and what is happening, how our society has gotten where it is today, and are free to share their thoughts, often with a lot of chiding and questioning from other members. This is not a coffee club and viewpoints from across the socio-political and religious spectrum are held by the members. All are welcome if they can adhere to the rules, and as such we don't vet members.

This really could be a blessing in disguise.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldWarEnd
IF he was wearing an American uniform and in the middle east, he would be getting a pat on the back for shooting 8 year old girls and older females. – Well one things for sure, he would never stand trial for it out there.

Your troops have been throwing puppy’s, teasing thirsty kids with bottles of water and shooting anything that moves – in a country 60% of them couldn’t spell if asked on the spot.

And here you are asking why he did it and who is responsible?

The young lad was born into the most aggressive country in this world, a war mongering nation of people who send their young out to kill others and then welcome them home with cups of piss and banks owning their house.

33 people - 7 of them under 10, getting blown to bits in a villege 'wedding party' would not even make your news now. Not even when you're the ones dropping the 2000lb'ers.

Laughner is a nut alright, but he far from being a lone one.

My first thought is, "Oh shut up". However, as we are advocates of free speech I do a mea culpa for such a thought. Just remember that while American leaders have done bad things, the American people are not bad people. I do not think any country can wave the flag of perfection, non-violence, and sainthood. I'm just a lil tired of the bashing going on and on and on and on. The young lad as you put it is mentally disturbed, period.

Now, can we get back to the premise of the OP's post?
edit on 10-1-2011 by Serenity08 because: I can't freakin spell sometimes.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I tried reading his posts and they made no sense to me. I could barely ascertain what he was trying to get across.

The way he wrote was weird and the way he conveyed his thoughts were not quite right.

I wonder if he talked that way also.

Almost sounds like an old computer trying to speak and explain logical thoughts

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sometimes I play around with co-workers
I may put a sticky note on their desk when they are not there or do this to new hires as well as a joke
Might be a joke like "I need help with this or that please come see me in my office" but leave no name or extension or any signature leaving the reader perplexed
In order to ensure that they don't know it's me I try to alter my style of writing and make it seem almost incoherent

However after re-reading the notes I have placed around weeks later I notice that it's very obvious that they are deliberately incoherent as opposed to genuinely incoherent

When I read some of erad3's posts I kind of get the same feeling
That incoherence does not seem authentic

I don't know what that means, i'm just saying

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies on this thread, in fact, I didn't even get through the first page so maybe this has been said already. (I actually didn't even know about this event till I logged onto ATS) This kid had a Mental Illness, which is obvious, but don't talk trash about him, don't even think you can judge him ...at all. It sucks that it came to what it did. Loss is a terrible thing and I feel bad for all the families involved. People suffer and people are confused. Sometimes people lose it. It happens. What is better? Theory and no action or action and no Theory? I'm not taking sides with anyone. I don't believe in mass murder or suicide or any of the like. Just be careful how you treat people. If you constantly judge one another because you are so sick of yourself then just do it in your head. Some people cant take it. Maybe people that seem like loners never had a good friend. Maybe they were criticized there whole lives. It might not be the case in this case ...just saying. Also, It is easy to hide behind a computer screen, and I read some of the replies to his posts. A lot of them were not nice at all. I read a lot of replies on here which are also not very nice. Debate is cool ...for sure ...just remember we are people behind here ...all of us. The internet is important. We cant see each other but we can still feel good about being kind to an avatar knowing that there is a real person in there.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thank you.

I made a joke in infinite currency thread...the one time i decided to troll on ATS.

Just asking, and sorry haven't had time to look, but what is connecting him to this account?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You know if i was retarded and read his thoughts on space exploration i would probably think he's got a point, but this where imagination and reality differ. You see we are pretty smart for a race of animals so to speak and although it sounds hard to imagine sending a probe to mars or keep astronauts safe in the cabin while in orbit, in reality it can not only be done but done well. Physics is a universal constant and the maths to manipulate it has provided with some of the most amazing wonders of the world and has allowed us to accurately navigate our crews and probes across the solar system because we understand the physical porperities of the stars. Without Einstein and all the other brian box mathematicians and physicists he would have a point. But we do, so he doesn't and i'm not retarded.

Our knowledge of the universe maybe small but that doesn't discount what we already know.
edit on 10-1-2011 by DomCheetham because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Today i ran across a crazy person at work, the post office, the train station and by the mailbox at my home.
They are among us on a daily basis.
ATS is a good site and gets lots of traffic so does it have a few crazies on it?
Do the math.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just a couple of quick thoughts, having read through most of this thread (and sorry if it has been mentioned before, have only had an hours sleep in the last 2 days).

1. Wouldn't SkepticOverlord and others that run this site be able to check if indeed it WAS Jared that registered the account? Unless, of course, he registered it under a false/assumed name.

2. People have said that erad3 didnt fit in here. To be honest, I never actually saw/noticed/read any of his threads/posts, but it wouldn't help, if in fact erad3 does turn out to be Jared, and he does have mental issues, that he didn't fit in, and people continually shot him down.

In a way, I find that it doesn't help that society continually shuns those that "don't fit in", and those that have Mental Issues. It seems that if they are ignored, the problem will go away, which can possibly lead to those poor individuals lashing out at innocent people.

In no way am I making excuses for Jared's actions, because each individual must be accountable for their own actions, but in a way, I can see WHY they lash out. Because they have been shunned, looked down upon, and possibly mistreated because they are "weird", "crazy", or "nutjobs".

Just because someone is odd, or a bit weird compared to how you view the world, doesn't mean they don't feel like crap when trodden upon.

At the end of the day, nobody wins. Unfortunately, there are innocent people dead, or badly injured, and there is a person that has been demonized because of his actions, when maybe all he needed was someone to say "Hey, you alright mate? Anything bothering you??"

If he turns out to be perfectly sane, then I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law. But if he does/did have Mental Issues, then I hope this brings some sort of attention to what people like that have to go through on a daily basis. Hell, I can sympathise, because I have just found out I have possibly got Bi-Polar, and if I do, I have been dealing with it all my life in the wrong ways.......

So just a thought people - if someone is acting a bit odd, or weird, from your point of view, maybe just a hearty "You alright mate?" may just stop something like this happening again.

And sorry to the mods et al if this has gone off topic a bit.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hello! I am new here and just wanted to add my two cents here. I do believe that there is a False Left/Right paradigm that is from the divide and conquer school of thought. I don't like political parties and they cause more problems than help matters in this country. I call both parties the Parties of War and Corporations.

I do have some issues with the Media connecting his sound money and usage of gold to "Madman talk". I just hope it wasn't a dis-information tactic to demonize anyone that wants to use a different type of currency besides the Federal Reserve Note. In reality according to our Constitution only gold and silver is supposed to be used for money anyways.

This guy is a schizophrenic and should have been committed to a mental hospital many years ago. I blame the mental health system for not addressing this man's issues many years ago. Unfortunately, Government cannot provide 100% safety an...d Security. That is the reality of the world we live in today. Its a dangerous world and there have been crazy people living among us in all the thousands of years of civilization. You can show his mugshot to anyone and anyone can see how crazy or possessed this maniac was.

I abhor and denounce any violence to my fellow man because I am a christian.For those who use this crisis for political gain..shame on you. I pray for the families of all the victims. Sadly, we may never know why he did this. Unfortunately, people with these types of mental issues don't even know they are crazy.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Brassmonkey because: spelling error

By the way, I am REALLY surprised that Congressman/Congresswomen didn't have security details? 10 years after 9/11 in the world we live in now I was shocked to find that there is no taxpayer security for congressman/Congresswomen If I was a politician I would Definitely be packing heat or at least had a HUGE security guard that looked like "Stone Cold Steve Austin". If she had like two really intimidating guys as bodyguards I bet this dude would have thought twice. Also, I can't beleive there wasn't at least one person in the parking lot with a concealed weapons permit.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by kosmicjack
He found no like minds here, he was not an integral part of our community.

star for u.
that statement alone speaks volumes
about the quality of our ATS community.
He did not fit in.

Yeah, a condescending community - how wonderful!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You cant fight a spiritual war on the physical plain. Physically killing people is not the answer nor has it ever been

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

You are brave and it is the wise and courageous thing to do. I am with you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Nobody tried hard enough to understand.
That's all there is to it.

He fit in quite well in my opinion. He proposed outrageous thoughts without any evidence and supported his conclusions with the fact that he could come up with a conclusion. Sounds like a lot of people here. Theres nothing wrong with that, and its not hard to understand.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join