It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Not sure if people have seen this, but Sarah Palin is being blamed (sort of) for this shooting. Her website, has apparently taken the image down now.

[this is from twitter]

This is the reason why @SarahPalinUSA is being linked to the shooting of Rep Gabrielle Giffords. twitpic.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Supposedly this is the youtube account for the shooter. Youtube link Not 100% sure, but that's what's being said.

link   

edit on 8-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by infinite

man, you got to love politicians. never miss an opportunity to cash in on tragedy.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Secret Service does not protect Congress, just the President, the VP, their immidiate families (and depending on whats going on I think the Speaker of the House and a couple others who are in the line of succession).

I would think security like that would be the perview of either the FBI or the US Marshalls service, and again only if the Congresswoman wanted it, those agencies agreed to it, and there were credible threats made. You cant really force protection on members of the Government, aside from those who are required by law to have protection (Pres, VP, a few others).

Also, its not the wingnuts who broadcast their intent that worries people, its the quiet ones who dont talk.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ridiculous.

ATS proves it's a nutcase with a twisted conspiratorial mindset.

And the politicos blame Sarah Palin's internet graphics...

Wow.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Use the left-right up-down scroll bars. Sorry they are so large.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There are reports that a Federal Judge, John M. Roll, was killed in the shooting.

republicanifi.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

From Wiki:

Today, the Secret Service is authorized by law to protect:

The President, the Vice President, the President-elect and Vice President-elect
The immediate families of the above individuals
Former Presidents and their spouses for their lifetimes except when the spouse remarries. In 1997, legislation became effective limiting Secret Service protection to former Presidents for a period of not more than 10 years from the date the former President leaves office
Children of former Presidents until age 16 or 5 years after the presidency
Former Vice Presidents until 6 months after their term ends: (the Secretary of Homeland Security can extend the protection time.)
Families of former Vice Presidents until 6 months after term ends
Visiting heads of states or governments and their spouses traveling with them, other distinguished foreign visitors to the United States, and official representatives of the United States performing special missions abroad whom the president deems important enough for protection outside the Diplomatic Security Service
Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election
Other individuals as designated per executive order of the President
National Special Security Events, when designated as such by the Secretary of Homeland Security
When Hillary Clinton became Secretary of State in 2009, the Secret Service continued to protect her in her personal capacity, however the Diplomatic Security Service protects her while she is performing her duties as the Secretary, to include any foreign travel.
The Secret Service investigates thousands of incidents a year of individuals threatening the President of the United States.

Youre right. But which govt law enforcement agency is tasked with protecting members of congress? theres got to be at least 1...US Marshalls

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Most likely the Marshalls service, but what I am saying is members do not have security details at all. They are not protected around the clock like the Pres or the VP and their families. While they are in DC there is DC Metro Police and Capitol Police (City wide and then just Govt. buildings).

Reps and Senators are everyday people who are elected with no formal security.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

what interested me was the little factoid in one of the posts in the REPLY column below the news release...

Members of Congress and other politicians in embattled Arizona -- torn over immigration and issues of the scope of government --have taken to shying away from mass town hall meetings, former Arizona Republican Rep. J.D. Hayworth told The Huffington Post.

Giffords, said Hayworth, was taking part in what has become more of the norm -- a "Congress in your corner" event designed to meet voters one by one or in small groups, rather in a huge crowd that could get rowdy or worse.

Ironically, the new style of event might have exposed her to more, or at least different, danger.

The last campaign was a "very contentious one," he said. "But that was true for all of us in all directions."

"She is a very impressive person," he said. "And we're all praying for her." The two had been part of a group of politicians attending the funeral of a rancher killed in southern Arizona.

was the AZ rancher a victim of the Aliens, lawless aliens at that, who think that everything in their eyesight
is theirs to have...because most of the SW is actually Mexicos land stolen by the Imperial Gringos

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Am I the first on this conspiracy website to say she was killed for more than immigration or whatever the mainstream says? For a bunch of mainstream news haters, you guys sure do give in to the political name calling pretty quick. I like to think that nothing is what it seems.
I am sticking to my MkUltra theme here. This seems like another gun control assanation attempt. I believe that if enough of this happens, they will throw the second amendment out the window. Think, nothing in the mainstream media is what it seems.
edit on 8-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I know, i know...

But since she has been threatened before shouldnt she recieve some federal sanctioned security for special events? At least have a contracted security contingent that is paid for through her administrative operational benefits.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The US has a significant population that is angry, confused, and with little hope of changing fortunes in the near future, are becoming more desperate.

I have feared this event occurring, but in other locations against other, more visible targets for the past couple years, and was most fearful that one of these events would spin off other events through radical steps to prevent this from occurring again.

This reminds me more of a cross between Timothy McVeigh and Mr. Average Citizen whose lost damn near everything, including hope.

Will be interesting to see what his motivation was - but I think I have a fair idea - and if I'm correct, there are hundreds and hundreds of others much like him.

We will come apart from inside first.
edit on 8-1-2011 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Now they are saying she is alive again..... and in surgery. I am confused now. I swear sometimes the media is so off it's not even funny.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

man, you got to love politicians. never miss an opportunity to cash in on tragedy.

It seems like some here will use this tragedy to advance their own political agenda as well. Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Am I the first on this conspiracy website to say she was killed for more than immigration or whatever the mainstream says? For a bunch of mainstream news haters, you guys sure do give in to the political name calling pretty quick. I like to think that nothing is what it seems.
I am sticking to my MkUltra theme here. This seems like another gun control assanation attempt. I believe that if enough of this happens, they will throw the second amendment out the window. Think, nothing in the mainstream media is what it seems.
edit on 8-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

HIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL TALKS ALL ABOUT MIND CONTROL

www.youtube.com.../u/2/PnNx0WThoF0

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Most actions taken are to advance a political agenda.

Some are powerful and can use government, others may use what they have.

This isn't the first time, and I'm confident, based entirely on a historical basis, it won't be the last.

Beware the Ides of March.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jayhawker

That is interesting, I love that everybody jumps on the media bandwagon. I feel that this is too convenient, there needs to be a disruption in the peacefulness. If everybody is content then your agenda is harder to enact. If everybody is in a panic state of mind, you can persuade them into whatever you want.
Although, it is a tragedy that people have to be killed to further the agenda. I feel bad for their families.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've kept from commenting on this for many reasons which I will not give but suffice it to say,, I don't believe that this had anything to do with drug cartels or immigration.

What I will say, and I will preface it by stating that it is simply my own opinion, and not backed up by any facts currently, is that this is just indicative of the growing bit of discord in the United States currently. We really need to sit down as a country and get ourselves in order again or the predictions that we are on the last legs of a dying empire will come to fruition.

I will, however, echo what was said by someone else, the death of the 9 year old girl in my opinion is more tragic than the congresswoman being shot. This shows how indiscriminate whomever was responsible was, and how totally blinded by whatever drove him/her they were.

I'm almost at the point of speechlessness that this could happen, but I can't say as i'm totally surprised that it did.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join