It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

As far as I know security cannot be forced on officals unles its required by law. The threats made would be investigated by local Law Enforcement and the FBI most likely. Im sure the reps are notified of threats, and some have private security, but other than that, its not different than somone coming online and saying they are going to kill one of our forum moderators. If the mod wants protection, he they can hire it.

Absent that, caveat emptor.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just remember, rage, outrage, anger, and fear are the motivating reasons this stuff is happening. Create more chaos and the PTB get to come to the rescue. Problem, crisis, solution is the name of the game. The last thing they want is sane discourse and peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serenity08
Just remember, rage, outrage, anger, and fear are the motivating reasons this stuff is happening. Create more chaos and the PTB get to come to the rescue. Problem, crisis, solution is the name of the game. The last thing they want is sane discourse and peace.

Hey can we get all of your info? We need people like you to get jobs with Law Enforcement so we can cut out that pesky investigation, due process, right to trial, face accuser, challenge evidence etc etc and instead move over to the 100 meter paranoid rush to judgment with no supporting facts or evidence to substaniate claims..

Who are TPTB? The last thing "they" want? Who are "they"?

If you cannot provide any evidence backing your claims, then please take the advice I gave another user about 2 pages back.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

True, but the problem with this thinking, is that with more of these shootings comes more laws to "protect" everybody. Every action has an opposite but equal reaction. I personally think that people need to think a little more, unless they are controlled.
Every congressman shooting has led to more security and lesser public appearance.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Why is it the people demand accountability from Government, up to and including laws, and then turn around and abandon their convictions by suggesting representatives be shot and killed?

It makes you absolutely no better than those you accuse of absuing the people. So please, if you beleive that crap you just spewed, then by all means start right now, and please, start with yourself first.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Manners and Decorum...So calling someone a name for potentially committing a Class D felony is against T&C...

Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871. It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States".

Also,

Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[38][39] The offense is punishable by five years in prison,[38] a $250,000 fine,[40] a $100 special assessment,[41] and 3 years of supervised release.[42] Internet restrictions such as a prohibition on access to email have been imposed on offenders who made their threats by computer.

I thought i wouldve had an "Applause" in my P2P box...As long as the felons dont have thier feelings hurt

edit on 8-1-2011 by BingeBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Jared Loughner is classic MK_ULTRA.

He was a military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix. He mentions a Bible being used as part of this process. If you look at his list of favorite books on his Youtube page you will see how they are all classics of literature, and some, such as Wizard of OZ are well known to be used in MK-ULTRA programming.

Please notice how his main obsession is on mind-control. More than anything else. It is mind-control based on grammar structures. Clearly, the guy is a scrambled egg, but his writings are a window into his programming.

His target was political and her assassination would have been very useful for certain interests.

His beliefs are a jumble of themes of the both far right and left flavor. This way he can be used by either side to promote the divisive paradigm. Democrats and Republicans will be pointing fingers at each other, but in the end, the shadow government has run yet another successful test of a programmed assassin.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I am not offended that you are insulting me. I find it offending that you believe in accountability from Government.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by plumedserpent

Oh please... His "target" is a junior rep from AZ. Not quite the lichpin in the Continuity of Government plan. The guy is mental no argument there, but the rest of the info is a bit off. How about we let the investigation take its course and see what comes from it before we gather up the townsfolk, the torches, and a mentaly deficient frankenassasin who likes to sing putting on the ritz before you storm Capital Hill.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I am not offended that you are insulting me. I find it offending that you believe in accountability from Government.

If I were insulting you, you would know. I am pointing out the contradiction in your post. Government is evil because they ignore laws and blatantly kill people yet you provide no evidence to support your claim. You then ignore your own argument against the Government, and suggest all government is evil and against the people, and you want to kill them all.

Please explain the rationale in that and use supporting information and documentation for your case for each and every single member of the US Government, detailing their actions, how they violate law, how they specifically affect you etc etc etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Let's make this simple.
He was a sad, lonely, 22 year old who went off his rocker.
He shot a bunch of people to gain fame becase he didn't get enough attention before. Simple. No MK ULTRA, no Tea Party, no leftist loon.

Just a pitiful little man who had to share his "hurt".

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Come on my friend. We still are in a conspiracy forum right?
No matter how silly, twisted or misguided most of us come here to find find possible motives in events like this.
I do feel really sorry for the dead and wounded. However there are no reasons to stop trying to find the suspects and motives.
Also I don't see many people showing a minute of silence for the almost daily bombings in Iraq or civlians slained in Afghanistan. But then it's abroad and non whites so nobody cares.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I do not want to kill anybody. There is enough killing going on as posted by the OP. Look into Sirhan Sirhan. Look up Mkultra. I believe that this still exists for agenda purposes. I am flattered that you are on a conspiracy site attacking me for my conspiracy beliefs.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
reply to post by projectvxn

But then it's abroad and non whites so nobody cares.

Jeez...Get off it already...You guys have killed the term "Racist" it doesnt mean anything anymore

If i worried about everybody who was killed in the world today i wouldnt have time for anything else...I care more for my own people (yeah that includes all different color AMERICANS)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I'm ok with that, looking for motive, investigating...That's all good.

But it's turned into a political blame game already. How long till the political blame game reaches the TV? How long before that blame game pisses enough people off to escalate the level of bloodshed? So many wanna blame the other side instead of the criminal involved..Why? If we're all here to seek the truth should we not at least take a passive interest in what we actually know vs. what we actually don't know?

Can we be honest with ourselves about anything in such an environment? How long do you think the country will last like this?

And what does Afghanistan have to do with the (attempted)murder of a US Congresswoman?
edit on 8-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

there is no real law that protects them, more of them need taken out. The fed's can come up with any law they want,I think this guy said it best

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln

Just because they try and restrict this right doesn't mean you can't do it. I hope we have an armed revolution in this country. either way I still see at the very least a civil war in the next 20 years.

as people get more desperate and as long as our government continues to ignore the rights and the needs of the people. the seed of Revolution with grow with each passing day we can see we move to this at an ever increasing rate.

The united states hasn't seen war on its own shores for over a 100 or so years. Americans forgot their own power over the government. They forgot what it is to sacrifice them self's and others for the greater good of their country. They will also forget that a revolution will not be fought on a battle field half a world away. It will be fought on are own property. it will be fought in are own yards. Just like the Civil war people will pick sides and brother will fight brother, and in the New war Sister will fight sister.

Its sad that people forget what it really takes to change this government. Mark my words this country will not change until we drag the corrupt government officials into the street and Shoot them for Treason.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
A Congresswoman has security for these types of events, and resons. I smell fish. Here come the gun restrictions.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm surprised someone hasn't already made the inevitable "this is why people don't need guns" comment...

Idiots.

I wouldn't be surprised if people are hired to do this stuff specifically to push the whole "no-gun" agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

The problem there is everybody speaks of an armed revolution. Well this guy, for whatever reason was armed and was making a statement for whatever. Where is his support? Now he is just a crazy lone gunman. I am unsure of the revolution everybody talks about. Everybody talks the talk, when somebody walks the walk, he is a nutty lone gunman.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join