It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

www.dailykos.com...

My CongressWOMAN voted against Nancy Pelosi! And is now DEAD to me!
Share1 0
by BoyBlue
Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:07:17 AM PST

I am from the Tucson area and live in Congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords' district. I worked like a dog for her elections when she was in the Arizona House, surrounded by rightwing nutcases. When Arizona re-districted in 2002, a seat opened up and she was right smack in the middle of it. So was I because I live in Oro Valley, Arizona, which is at the heart of that - then - new CD. I was one of several people to talk her into running and pledging complete loyalty and pledging to raise as much money as possible for her.

She ended up running for the first time against a fellow AZ House member, Randy Graf who was a rightwing whacko who advocated guns in bars and was the "Russell Pearce before Russell Pearce" vis-a-vis border issues. With a LOT of hard work and plenty of money, Gabby won. Easier than thought, too. I never like to throw money in people's faces, but i have given Gabrielle Giffords THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars in both good times and bad times for me financially.

* BoyBlue's diary :: ::

Fast forward to this election season. A weirdo asshole named Jesse Kelly who advocated ELIMINATING Social Security and was a tea bagger favorite got the GOP nom to run against her. I am gay and had been married and my spouse left me January 15, 2010. I shot myself in the mouth in a serious suicide attempt, because of that. Barely surviving, I spent two months in the hospital and still have some paralysis. I did receive a severance from my employer, as i had been laid off in December, 2009. That may have been part of the reason my spouse left me.

Anyway, after months of physical and mental rehab, I got back into the political scene and started working for Gabby once again. I raised over $100,000 for her and maxed her out myself out of my severance, even though i still don't have work and could not qualify for state aid because of my severance.

She wins her re-election and told me she was still a supporter of Speaker Pelosi at her victory party. We talked about how Nancy Pelosi was a successful woman and accomplished oh so much in just four years as Speaker.

Today, just a little while ago, I saw on Andrea Mitchell Reports (out of the one eye in can still see out of) that Giffords voted AGAINST Nancy Pelosi as our Minority Leader. Rhetorical question: I fought back from my condition and jumped in with both feet to help Gabrielle Giffords for THIS #???

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is dead to me now. I won't lift a finger, make one phone call, nor will i EVER vote for her in the future. And why did she do this? Giffords never told me she was conservative Democrat. And her voting record is okay. Damn.

Tags: leadership elections, 2010, Gabrielle, Giffords (all tags) :: Previous Tag Versions

Permalink | 59 comments"

Here is the posting from Kos that's been wiped. Sorry if not posted correctly.
edit on 8-1-2011 by PresumedInnocent because: link

edit on Sat Jan 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added external quote tags

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Watching local news right now. The ticker is reporting her as being among the WOUNDED. Listening to these media propaganda ROBOTS are making me sick as I try to just learn of whether she dead or alive My GAWD the never stop speculating! Over and over and over they report on it and more and more they begin changing it up a little each time and interject the crap spewing from their pieholes!

Man it sure is a trip once you become an "awakened" individual and try and watch this crap while seeing the world for what it is through different glasses if you will. I suspect by the evening these idiots will begin comparing this to the tea party somehow. The media truly is a poison in this country.

NT

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PresumedInnocent

Thank you!
I should have copied it instead of the link, but I didn't think they'd be so quick to take it down.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Is this the shooter?

This individual is one screwed up person. They see shooting themselves in the face as a way out, and when they fail call it a "condition", which they "fought back from"? Wow...Munchausen or something there.

Why do people get so hung up on ideology? Yeah, i am pretty hard core in my beliefs..but i would never associate myself with a group of people, especially when they have a proven track record of failure.

Thanks for copying that over. I didn't get to the link in time, either.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Please read this before it is wiped/deleted.
Not saying it had anything to do with it but you never know. . . .

www.dailykos.com...!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me

I submitted this to the Pima County S.O. (Their investigation)

Why take a chance.. worst case scenario is it has nothing to do with this and they will ignore it.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Not the shooter. . . but a friend sent me the link as soon as it happened. Be a real bad coincidence, if it isn't.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Wow. Good job.

That is thinking.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Is this the shooter?

This individual is one screwed up person. They see shooting themselves in the face as a way out, and when they fail call it a "condition", which they "fought back from"? Wow...Munchausen or something there.

Why do people get so hung up on ideology? Yeah, i am pretty hard core in my beliefs..but i would never associate myself with a group of people, especially when they have a proven track record of failure.

Thanks for copying that over. I didn't get to the link in time, either.

Should have they aimed higher

edit on 8-1-2011 by Violater1 because: Ill mannered post removed in 3....2....1....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Please read this before it is wiped/deleted.
Not saying it had anything to do with it but you never know. . . .

www.dailykos.com...!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me

Im glad I sent it in and took screen shots.. Story is gone now.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

you know, i hate to laugh at that...but....

There is no shortage of whacko's out there. You would be surprised how many schizophrenics tend to focus on politics as their "delusion of choice". Not quite as many as religion, but still a sizable amount.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yes we have live report from Hospital now Doc says Gifford is NOT dead in fact he says she has been operated on and is optimistic she will pull through.
One shot to head.
6 are critical and more are being operated on now.

1 dead confirmed as young child.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

that what I said i was afraid of on page 2 of this topic.. I asked some question on what might happen and I tried to get a reaction about it might be a shadow government agent whom had orders to hit her so in time after more incidents created by them they can bring in martial law and the nwo in power

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

That is why the word "indiscriminantly" used so many times raised my suspicions. How do we know it was a shooting without a target? That just SO happened to strike a congresswoman.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Reported: 9 year old girl was killed.

This to me is way more tragic than the congress woman being killed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You can still see it in the Google cache.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by SlinkyDFW
reply to post by BingeBob

The Secret Service do not typically provide protection for lower level congress members. Usually, they're on their own, with a couple of staffers and maybe a 'hired gun' if they need it.

That question came up on the news. Even locla police are not notified of her events due to the number she has on a daily basis (upwards of 6).

Private Security staff (off duty police possibly) if any security staff at all.

EDIT - Apparently a security officer on scene drew his weapon and returned fire, wounding the shooter.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I dont know if im just thinking rationally here but if a congressperson has recieved threats then they would qualify for protections around the clock???

How much would it cost to attach 1 or 2 USSS agents to her 24/7? Probably less than 1 Pelosi Airforce rental...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yes me too was watching. Sad in deed. Now out will come the gun control people.I bet the Pres. will bring this up in a few mins. Maybe not. we'll see. Anyway,we must stop the madness!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I saw that too BUT you dont shoot indiscriminately from 4 feet away at someones head...Classic assasination.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join