It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
More then likely being shot point blank in the head will result in death...

They can report she is alive right now all they want, probably will be confirmed ABSOLUTELY Dead very shortly.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don't know how accurate this is, but here is an initial description of the shooter:

The gunman was young, mid-to-late 20s, white, clean-shaven with short hair and wearing dark clothing and said nothing during the shooting or while being held down, although he struggled at first. He was "not particularly well-dressed"; he didn't look like a businessman, but more of a "fringe character," Rayle said.

gawker.com...

If this is accurate, then it likely rules out drug cartels or illegal aliens.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes, indeed ATS is not the place for this.

Whenever things like this happen in the future we should all learn to keep out mouths shut, keep our thoughts and opinions to ourselves and wait for the "official" official news reports.

When the media is ready with their well written and composed reports containing the facts provided by the proper authorities then we can take that and run with it... We know we can rely on the news agencies in these instances to always provide only facts and truth.

This woman has already died and came back to life at least once in this thread, and even eyewitness accounts have been proven to be false.

So, we should just wait for the MSM to tell us what actually happened... Until then everything else must be a lie.

Right?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Please read this before it is wiped/deleted.
Not saying it had anything to do with it but you never know. . . .

www.dailykos.com...!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I will not claim this is politically motivated, but here is some interesting bits:

While there is no hard evidence at this point to suggest that the shooting was politically motivated, Matt Yglesias points out that an anti-Giffords event was held in June with the billing: "Get on Target for Victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly."

Rep. Giffords was also on Sarah Palin's "target list."

As noted earlier, a gun was dropped at a Giffords event in 2009, and her office was vandalized in March.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Also from the same source:

MSNBC says a surgeon on the scene claims that Giffords is still alive, in critical condition.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

Seems like you are pulling in some sources here that are just using puns and plays on words to link various, disjointed parts of the recent past into this. MOstly for the sake of selling papers/gaining webhits.

If we are worried about people taking things like that seriously, we should likely put more money into our mental health support, too. That is the kind of folks that are so easily influenced.

BTW, tough break on the Aggie game last night. I know Ryan Tannehill (lived 2 houses down from him, his dad was my sons principle in junior high). Good kid. He played a good game last night. Us folks here in Big Spring are VERY proud of him.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow that's sad, lot's of ruined lifes and families over this POS. Thoughts and prayers to the victims families.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Seems like you are pulling in some sources here that are just using puns and plays on words to link various, disjointed parts of the recent past into this. MOstly for the sake of selling papers/gaining webhits.

You are right. I have a tendency to play "armchair detective", trying to establish a motive, with no evidence to support it.

BTW, tough break on the Aggie game last night. I know Ryan Tannehill (lived 2 houses down from him, his dad was my sons principle in junior high). Good kid. He played a good game last night. Us folks here in Big Spring are VERY proud of him.

Very tough. I really thought the Aggies had a chance. Losing Michael Hodges really hurt our defense. But I won't make excuses. Their offense exploited our the weak middle of our D-line. I was pleased with Tannehill's performance as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

While that might sound disturbing to someone, this is not a death threat necessarily. People rant/vent like that all the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

And you know what....NOW that I have learned of this so called "Target Map" that Sarah Palin had put up on her website back in September of last year:

And NOW this happened?!?! I am going on record RIGHT NOW and say that there is NO WAY that this was mere coincidence! And am also saying that this is not to be, nor shouldn't be considered as coming directly from the Palin camp...and for any that do, you are no better than the sheeple that you like to come on here and point fingers at for being...well....sheeple.

No....THIS was clearly orchestrated. Now why this was orchestrated I cannot say at this time as I am still trying to sort this out but am thinking the following:

1. Unfortunately Ms. Giffords unfortunate demise was planned back in September of last year. It was only until now that that ace was chosen to be pulled and put into play.

2. The reason for the "ace" I am still trying to wrap my head around but feel that it was meant to either a. eventually bring discredit upon Sarah Palin perhaps at a time when she was viewed as being in a position to be a bigger threat to TPTB (perhaps it was discovered that she was setting the stage to run in 2012?!?)

or b...

Palin was apart of this subterfuge and TPTB ultimate agenda and KNEW that this "ace" would be put into play thus furthering the NWO agenda even though it would bring discredit on herself it didn't matter because the MOVEMENT as a whole is more important, however this was designed (to push more gun control crap all in the eventual goal of disarming us ALL?!?!).

I am tossing around multiple other theories at the moment but with that other high level government guy recently being murdered, and NO THIS and it JUST SO HAPPENS that Giffirds had a target painted on her back out of all people SARAH PALIN?!?! NO...I AM NOT BUYING IT, SOMETHING IS UP!!

I just ask that WE ALL exercise DENYING IGNORANCE and not be so easily divided with teh left/right/sarah palin/ comments as I believe this has NOTHING to do with that and more so to do with US ALL being affected with an agenda that doesn't distinguish the political left/right charade that is used to fool most of the population each and every day, and more so it deals with something more BIG PICTURE here.

NT

Please feel free to expand and fill in the missing blanks if you too see where I am trying to go with this. Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

no actually that was misinfo. she is still alive but in critical condition.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is terribly sad
My condolences to her family, the children especially.

I fear the beast that may be unleashed if this was a politically motivated shooting. The monkey-see, monkey-do mentality can be awfully infectious within the 'right' minds (no pun whatsoever intended)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that a federal judge from Arizona was also shot, although no name was given.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Our country was lauchned in a battle over political ideology. The question was were we to be free people under the rule of law (the constitution) or oppressed people under the rule of the King of England. This lady was a radical. However, we don't really know why she was murdered.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Her father Spencer Giffords, 75, was rushing to the hospital when asked if his 40-year-old daughter had any enemies.

"Yeah," he told The Post. "The whole tea party."

More here.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Too Late.
It's gone!
What did it say?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Her father Spencer Giffords, 75, was rushing to the hospital when asked if his 40-year-old daughter had any enemies.

"Yeah," he told The Post. "The whole tea party."

More here.

Sounds like an administration ConIntel Op.
It wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Too Late.
It's gone!
What did it say?

A thread on Kos from an angry liberal who ranted on her when Gifford voted against Pelosi. It was nasty.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I was watching Live MSNBC broadcasting the local coverage there. No sooner than the newscaster announced one of her family members notified press she was alive and able to talk ahead of surgery did they cut to random footage of the crime scene. The studio broadcast was abruptly cut off while this statement was being read.

Heads up... This was no more than 10 minutes ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

While that might sound disturbing to someone, this is not a death threat necessarily. People rant/vent like that all the time.

Well it's already been taken down. What did it say?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join