It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Apparently she had been the target of multiple threats due to her stance on health care reform. Here is an older news clip discussing it (scroll down this link about half way):

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Report says that she's dead:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Terribly sad. Hard to believe it was random. Regardless of anyones political leanings this is the kind of thing we can all agree is a tragedy.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Xcathdra

Local source reports she was shot point blank in the head. tucsoncitizen.com...

It was a scheduled event, announced to the public... This was absolutely an execution, most likely planned.. The ultimate objective of these kind of executions just across the border from Tucson is to cause government officials etc to live in fear, and ultimately to do as ordered by the cartels.

If that is what this was, will these tactics work on the US side of the border now?

I doubt it, and of all States to pull that # (if true) on, Arizona is a bad choice with their mindset. At the same time though, how an anyone prepare for it if it was? The US sending troops in will not fix the problem.

However, I wouldnt be against rescinding 2 executive orders and letting the spec ops / CIA do their thing.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
well... she was a woman supporting research on dead babies, and was a Democrat, so... that obviously resulted in making this man VERY angry enough to kill her and throw his life away in jail.

+6 more 
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Ahh partisans...

Totally incapable of NOT politicizing an event to suit their agenda.

Really man. A woman just died. Can we give it more than 5 minutes before
we use her death as a political football?

Whatever the motivations of the shooter, the FACT is that this is no one's fault but that of the individual who committed the crime.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Come on now it could be mexican drug cartel!!!

Can't say it was politics just yet!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

The Secret Service do not typically provide protection for lower level congress members. Usually, they're on their own, with a couple of staffers and maybe a 'hired gun' if they need it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family, and also the families of those other people killed today. RIP and God Bless.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sheriffs department is saying she is in critical condition but still alive. While extremely tragic I am proud of the people on scene. Instead of running for their lives they went after the gunman and tackled him and held him for the police.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Crime, especially premeditated murder, is a tradgedy. However, to not even look immediately at the possible motive is an injustice to any victim. If I had died on the battlefield and my brothers took a moment of silence, I would certainly come back briefly enough to beat some sense in them. This is a country at war, on more fronts than it will admit, and motive is assuredly there. There is no time to waste. Someone has motives to carry this out, and I can assure you they are not just.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The tucson papers are reporting dead.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This brings up a question. When the shtf, and we go to war to retake our nation, wouldn't people like her be legitimate targets? It hasn't started yet, but I have to wonder if, like the guy crashing into the IRS office, this will be seen as one of the opening shots of the second civil war? I don't know, and have not yet formed an opinion but it seems like a question that needs to be asked.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dasauto

BBC News in England reporting her as in surgery

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

No not partisan. I'm just bringing an issue to light. Doesn't matter if you have a D or an R behind your title. I'm simply asking whether or not we should allow political figures to encourage such actions. If asking a question like that, without pointing fingers at a party is too much for you, then I suggest you ban me right now.

link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Sheriffs department is saying she is in critical condition but still alive. While extremely tragic I am proud of the people on scene. Instead of running for their lives they went after the gunman and tackled him and held him for the police.

Bravo to the bystanders indeed. However, imagine if they were all armed! That would be justice for sure.

link   
are going to blame this and pin it on the tea party and its members ? is this one of coming attacks on other congressmembers in which they are going to bring in martial law ?
is this being done by a shadow governement agent whom has been ordered to do so to get NWO in power?

link   
I will not claim this is politically motivated, but here is some interesting bits:

While there is no hard evidence at this point to suggest that the shooting was politically motivated, Matt Yglesias points out that an anti-Giffords event was held in June with the billing: "Get on Target for Victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly."

Rep. Giffords was also on Sarah Palin's "target list."

As noted earlier, a gun was dropped at a Giffords event in 2009, and her office was vandalized in March.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Also from the same source:

MSNBC says a surgeon on the scene claims that Giffords is still alive, in critical condition.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Whatever the motivations of the shooter, the FACT is that this is no one's fault but that of the individual who committed the crime.

I will bet you that is a fact that will have an extremely short life.

You are in fact making an assumption no more relevant than any other speculation at this point.

Motive is everything, and so far all signs point to a conspiracy. The best time to explore all possibilities is now.

But I am sure it will ultimately be given an official story that will be contrary to the truth.

Even now there are conflicting stories, and websites shut down that have reported her death, some are actually reporting that she is ALIVE and in surgery... Someone is scrambling to keep the truth hidden already.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

If the doomsday scenario you are talking about occurs, chances are not all members of the Government are going to go along with it. Chances are they might be armed and providing cover fire for the people. Dictatorships, the ones people describe as what will happen here in the States, dont do command by committee, so chances are Congress will be irrelevant.

I hope she makes it through surgery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join