It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Personally I don't see a conspiracy like so many here, however I appreciate their opinions. People are free to believe what they like and express their feelings. I don't discredit them , they can be right. The US has a huge black budget and training/hiring killers is not inconceivable. Perhaps that killer was offered a lot of money to do this shooting by agents claiming to be gangsters? Who knows?
Afghanistan because I don't see mods calling for political restraint everytime there are people killed there. To me a life is a life, congresswoman or iraqi peasant all deserve the same treatment and respect.
edit on 8-1-2011 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If he's a patsy, he will be dead soon. If he was independent, it will be the new buzz of the media while they shovel countless anti-american and anti-constitutional legislation through the beurocracy. If he was a government assassin, he would never have been caught.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I bet Glenn Beck will paint him out to be a liberal atheist who shot the Democratic Congressmen for being "too moderate" and not "progressive enough" and he will then use it to begin a whole segment on how this is what the future will be like if Obama and his liberal progressive movement isn't stopped.

My sympathies go to all those involved.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Hell, more of them should be shot. I don't give a damn if it's a woman or a federal judge. If we can prevent millions of deaths from oversea wars, let's shoot all the politicians.

I think CIA's gonna get on my ass about this lol.
edit on 1/8/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

Well if we are going toi kill the people "responsible" then I need you to go to the front of the line for failing to stop our Government prior to their actions. Since you have knowledge of wrongdoing, and did absolutely nothing to prevent the government from taking action, you are just as responsible as they are for all these deaths.

Or is your argument the Government is bad, and should all die, but your too much of a sissy to actually do it yourself, and insted would rather come into an anonymous forum to post your rant in the hopes someone more off base will take up your cause?

Wait.. painting a picture to piss off people. Using unstable elements in the group of people who agree with you in an effort to get them to act on your behalf to further your goal, which you assume is shared by the plurality of Americans.

nonono.. my bad.. thats what you accuse the Government of doing. Surely you arent complaining about their actions while attempting to use the exact same game plan you rail against.

Surely no, because that would make you the exact thing you want to go away.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh my god, what a nightmare. far worse than what i knew
thanks for the heads up what the hell is wrong with the world.

sad, and some high profile figures also.why.
another nail in the USA gun law coffin.

all i can say is my thoughts are with the family's effected.
only just hitting news in the UK.

Lol touching this situation by any people who want gun laws increased wont go anywhere. Even though the Congresswoman is a democrat, she is a strong proponent of the 2nd amendment, and had a gun of her own. All gun laws do is punish those law abiding citizens. They are called criminals for a reason.

Even if the government went door to door to take everyones guns, it would not stop crime involving weapons, because the criminals will know where to get them.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Personally I don't see a conspiracy like so many here, however I appreciate their opinions. People are free to believe what they like and express their feelings. I don't discredit them , they can be right. The US has a huge black budget and training/hiring killers is not inconceivable. Perhaps that killer was offered a lot of money to do this shooting by agents claiming to be gangsters? Who knows?
Afghanistan because I don't see mods calling for political restraint everytime there are people killed there. To me a life is a life, congresswoman or iraqi peasant all deserve the same treatment and respect.
edit on 8-1-2011 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

Agree with some of this for the most part. The one thing people seem to ignore for whatever reason is to let the investigation continue to see if this kid had psyche issues, on drugs, on meds etc etc etc. Obvisouly, he was angry about something, and from what the media is showing was an anger that people in her district were illiterate, which should be a red flag that upstairs he was one hostage shy of a hijacking.

With all 9 hundred opinions, in this case I thin the simplest approach is going to be the right one - A mentally unstable and troubled person who snapped.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is what Info wars is saying .

Loughner’s You Tube channel contains several rambling text-based videos which discuss his fascination with mind control. In one of his online rants, Loughner said that he was a “United States Military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix”. Reports suggest that he also may have been deployed to Afghanistan at one point. “The mission of USMEPCOM and the Phoenix MEPS is to process individuals for enlistment or induction into the armed services,” states the website of the United States Military Entrance Processing Command. The fact that Loughner was part of the US military and yet is being characterized as an anti-government conspiracy nutcase by the establishment media is a complete contradiction. Loughner’s multitude of viewpoints seem to transcend political classification. Watching his You Tube videos, he is clearly a schizophrenic who is obsessed with mind control and other bizarre leftfield issues of minutia.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I bet Glenn Beck will paint him out to be a liberal atheist who shot the Democratic Congressmen for being "too moderate" and not "progressive enough" and he will then use it to begin a whole segment on how this is what the future will be like if Obama and his liberal progressive movement isn't stopped.

My sympathies go to all those involved.

.....Right after Keith Olberman praises the shooter for taking out a traitor to the Democratic party for not supporting Pelosi....

are we done yet?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would like to point out that the shooter listed one of his favorite books as "The Communist Manifesto"- not exactly Republican/Tea Party reading material, so all you Liberal shils can sit back down now and try and have some friggin' respect for the dead.....sheesh

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Killers YOUTUBE Page:

www.youtube.com.../u/2/PnNx0WThoF0

Creepy.....

CHECK OUT his info. It talks in past tense.. like he was planning on getting shot and killed. Suicide mission.

Btw, they made sure to point out that he was WHITE over and over and over?... anyone else notice?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Military Command has no record of this guy in their system. The MEPS part I thought was verified, but thats just the Medical processing to se if a person is fit for joining the military. It sounds like the kid had some plans in life, and those plans did not work out for some reason...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Killers YOUTUBE Page:

www.youtube.com.../u/2/PnNx0WThoF0

Creepy.....

CHECK OUT his info. It talks in past tense.. like he was planning on getting shot and killed. Suicide mission.

Btw, they made sure to point out that he was WHITE over and over and over?... anyone else notice?

Lol but I think that had more to do with the Law Enforcement Press Conference. When asked about the shooter, the only thing they said was a white male and his age, with no other details. Just once I would like to hear someone give a description just to see if media is listening.

The suspect is 5"10, 135 pounds, greenish blue scales, 3 dark purple tentacles protruding from the left rear wing, 3 eyes, 2 front facing, the 3rd located on on the lower front right hoof.

Goes by the name of Sven..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I happen to have my own opinion.

Being a mod doesn't change my overall and more important function of being a contributing member. And if all opinions are valid, why not mine?

I'm not saying others shouldn't have an opinion on the matter. I'm saying I find the overall tone surrounding these very unfortunate circumstances to be in poor taste. Example: there's a vigil going on right now that Fox news cut away from as they were bringing it on where a person is holding a candle and ranting about Sarah Palin and blaming this on her.

Why? Tomorrow the Drudge report will report that Kieth Olbermann had this kid do it for the political fallout that would generate desperately needed ratings...Why? The next day the cast of The View will decide that this was the fault of republicans or Tea Partiers...Two weeks later a home made bomb will go off at a Tea Party meeting killing X amount of people...Three weeks later members of an extremist right wing Christian end of days militia take out Democratic headquarters in San Francisco.

When do we ask ourselves if it is really worth it? How far you wanna see this go?

Media never fails to suck on the neck of a tragedy like the vampires they are and politicize it. If you're reading this, DON'T FALL FOR THIS CRAP. This dude was a nut job, if he had a political agenda it was lost in the mists of his madness.

We should not be in the business of promoting the status quo. We should be seeking the truth. We should want to, and we should recognize what that truth is, not trivialize it with notions that all viewpoints are correct, because in fact, not all view points are. I am not required to accept all view points, and I am not required to stick to my current viewpoints like glue. Things change so do people.

My sense of right and wrong hasn't seemed to change in the entirety of my life. And I know it when I see it Ma'am. That's the absolute Truth
edit on 8-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Twitter is reporting a suspicious package fround at Giffords office - evaucation and bomb squad there.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Law Enforcement is saying they do not beleive this guy acted alone. Next press conference will be tomrrow morning. The other person of interest is a white male, in his 50's. Person of intrest was not involved in the shooting, but may have had knowledge it was going to occur.

The Congresswoman was the intended target - law enforcement is not saying how they know this.

@ Crazydaisy - Media is confirming the suspicious package.

As far as the military info, the Army said the kid did try to join, but was rejected. They cannot say why he was rejected due to privacy laws.

@ those who wanted to know why other victims were not named. The Sheriff was asked this question, and he said not all family members have authorized the release of their information. Its going to be the HIPAA law that is preventing the release of their info.

Also apparently they are still working the scene, and bodies are still in their locations and will not be removed until sometime tomrrow according to media reports.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
He was just a lone nutjob, or a crazy patsy of some other nutjob outfit. He was not part of the Tea party, or any other group that is calling for an overhaul (not overthrow) of the government.

Quite a mouthful. Apparently you have sources of factual information that you neglected to share or that is just your own uninformed opinion. Which is it?

I'll withhold my opinion until more facts come in. Already the initial reports of her death were in error, so there should be more factual info to follow. (Not solely MSM)
edit on 8-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This was posted on Gifford's Wiki page.

She was awarded Arizona Family Literacy’s Outstanding Legislator for 2003.

Wondering if this might play into the shooter's whole literacy issue.Wiki

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
This brings up a question. When the shtf, and we go to war to retake our nation, wouldn't people like her be legitimate targets? It hasn't started yet, but I have to wonder if, like the guy crashing into the IRS office, this will be seen as one of the opening shots of the second civil war? I don't know, and have not yet formed an opinion but it seems like a question that needs to be asked.

A young woman is a legitimate target? You sir, are a psychopath, and you ought to be under some kind of surveillance.
Are you what my son would call a "mad survivalist"?

NZ radio and BBC World Service radio both report that she is in surgery...
Vicky

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The truth is people have been warning ignoramuses like Palin and the other Tea party nut-job Sharon Angle who remember said: “We might take to 2nd amendment solutions” to WATHCH WHAT THEY SAY
Because there are nuts in the earth

Putting crosshairs on people IS DANGEROUS! In the world we live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join