It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Welcome to Earth, this isn't new, it happens all the time, Do you know how many birds were wiped out by West Nile Virus? It decimated huge populations, Blue Jays disappeared entirely from where I live for over 4 years! In short west nile killed more birds over a larger area for longer then any of the "die offs" that have so many up in arms but that doesn't seem to count, why is that I wonder? and lets not get into the amphibian populations that are being devastated around the world in countless numbers, well if the animal dies under a log it doesn't count, right?

Anyway I do have several bird feeders and live next to a natural area and am very familiar with the wildlife in my area.

Here is an article you might find interesting and I encourage everyone to take part in the annual backyard bird count.

www.birdsource.org...

edit on 7-1-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The problem is calling it normal. While die offs may occur the exaggeration being done to say it's normal at this frequency is just ignorant. I am not hailing doomsday or even saying it's not in line with even "normal" climate change (being different than man made climate change). But to bury your heads in the sand and not exam the
Possibility that is could be a sign of changing weather patterns is reactive and illogical. I don't think it's normal and for going unnoticed like a member stated ( if the media wasn't present) is also a false statement. When 2 million fish die or 100,000 or 40,000 crabs it is absolutely disgusting and does not go unnoticed. 10,000 birds in nothern Alaska sure. So the exageration on both sides is extreme. It is something to take note of not panic but take note of and sure do some research. But to you saying it's normal and siting things from 20 years is not normal. The height of pollution in this country was the early 80's. Now it's Asia. It's hard for me to take anyone seriously who can't see that normal has gone out the window. It's serious and about time to stop making light of destroying habitats and then not thinking there will be recourse.

Is it HAARP? Maybe Chemical weapons? It's most likely the destruction of the foodchain and weather changes taking it's toll.

Hardly "normal"

Unless we just don't give a damn about the environment.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari

dailyme.com

On average, 163 such events are reported to the federal government each year, according to USGS records. And there have been much larger die-offs than the 3,000 blackbirds in Arkansas. Twice in the summer of 1996, more than 100,000 ducks died of botulism in Canada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nwhc.usgs.gov

I have no doubt that they happen all the time. That is not what raises the red flag. Its the manner in which they've died.

Where I live, at least once a year, we have a massive fish kill in a small lake right next to a major industrial company. When this happens, it does NOT discriminate what is killed, all fish are eliminated. This kill is due to negligence on behalf of the company in question. They admit it every time and re-stock the lake.

The puzzling fact about "some" of these other kills, is the way its happened. For example, the 2 million plus fish ( only one species ) that washed up in southern Canada/northern US is puzzling to say the least. They all froze to death because they simply 'forgot' to migrate. If we look at the facts, these fish were confused by a fluctuating magnetic field they use for navigation. They didn't know what to do. Its just a sign of things to come.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Here is one bit I and a lot of others won't like...

Federal records show.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

And things build up slowly...

We've never seen both dead fish and birds in the same area and never of this magnitude

And we've been here, what, 2000 years?

The US of A, what a couple of hundred.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aoi3610

Of course, that is called confirmation bias. You will ignore all evidence that opposes your view, and acknowledge all evidence that supports your view.

Most of you will never believe what the media tells you, but you believe them when they tell you the birds died.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by aoi3610

I don't understand your post... I think you quoted me incorrectly or something.

I already posted links of birds and fish dying at the same time. It happens all the time, however, the media doesn't report it so the uninformed don't think it happens.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

You want to brainwash us that this is normal? But this is not normal! For 30 years i did not notice even single case in my region and country of mass death of birds. And in my country was 2-3 cases of mass death of fish, but they all are connected with polutions from chemical plants or pig farms. Here we dont have case with unknown reason, and thanks God we dont have case with mass death like last cases over the world at all. May be these mass deaths are in places that will go trough big changes when pole shift occurs. And may be authorities know real cause of death but they hide it from public. They positively have something to hide because they brainwash us that this is normal. If people start falling dead as they walk, will you tell us that this is normal? You better dont think that we are so dumb...
edit on 7-1-2011 by petar258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

dailyme.com

On average, 163 such events are reported to the federal government each year, according to USGS records. And there have been much larger die-offs than the 3,000 blackbirds in Arkansas. Twice in the summer of 1996, more than 100,000 ducks died of botulism in Canada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nwhc.usgs.gov

Awesome thread! Thank you so much for that and really knocking it to the people who love to take natural occurring events and make it sound like the end of the world!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by petar258

You want to brainwash us that this is normal? But this is not normal! For 30 years i did not notice even single case in my region

So let me get this straight. Because you missed these stories you think the op is trying to brainwash you? Am I reading that right?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Sorry but to me some of you suffer from "I want no change so shut up" syndrome. You are so afraid that you won't really look at the situation. This was not a localized incident and in a week's time people all over the world are reporting this occurance. Sorry, but if it just happened in one place, I'd agree with you. But it did not. It is happening all over.
Now just to show some love, every year birds on the east coast were dying from what they called West Nile Virus. Guess what? They never just fell out of the sky dead. Usually they were already too weak and most bodies were found under trees and ariel wires where they were pirched before they died.
So stop labeling those that question and ask why do you prefer to agree with people (the government let's say) who have been known to lie to you in the past. Truth is being told here, what do YOU really fear?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
the media has a government sanction order to all editors that states they cannot publish information that will cause widespread panic and civil unrest without their express permission and proven evidence otherwise they can be taken to court ,so if a editor wishes to print a story about a global endangering event and go against that order its treason,although the press is free if you look at wikileaks you`ll see it is`nt.Information is being held back as allways its like going to the doc and the doc does`nt know whats wrong with you they`ll find out on the autopsy and flog you off until then.
edit on 7-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Ok now i read about this. But all this are single cases that are happened one time on some years and only localy. You can not make news that for one week this happened over all world. This is happened only in stories from Bible until now.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by petar258

Yes ,if all the birds die whts next,chickens,turkeys...get it the food chain is shrinking we will all starve ,thats why keep a lid on it.This is not trivial,we can discuss freely and hypothetically the media can`t I know journalists they need proof or its the guiletine.Each reporters reputation depends on fact,if scientists don`t come forward then NO FACTS=No information=No news

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

People really need to calm down and stop panicking every time something they find to be out of the ordinary happens. Animals die. Extinctions happen.

don't forget humans die too... you are right, extinction happens... not bringing doom and gloom, just playing the devil's advocate

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You will notice the news casters state theories on the internet about the bird deaths,because they have no facts either to explain it.

This does not mean however there is`nt a journalist working to get that information,but it has to be true and at the moment nothing is adding up,but it is a global concern and should not be ignored.If you are not concerned then thats completly ignorant at your own expense,wait and see developments.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Now will people please stop with all of the gloom and doom? The ONLY reason this seems weird right now is because the news is actually bothering to report it.

People really need to calm down and stop panicking every time something they find to be out of the ordinary happens. Animals die. Extinctions happen. The Earth isn't a sealed off little bubble. There are diseases, weather patterns, and any other number of things that can affect animal populations. The USGS reports alone (see USGS link above are proof of that.

Sorry to be so blunt, but isn't really not denying ignorance when people freak out over every little thing that happens in the world.

EDIT: This link gives good insight into this as well: www.publicbroadcasting.net...

dailyme.com
(visit the link for the full news article)]
edit on 7-1-2011 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

Looks like someone is not a believer XD lol jkjk but I think why people are freaking out is because as soon as 2011 starts all this dead # starts happening. It is just a big coincidence that they died as soon as 2011 came.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUnseenEye

Believe what there dying in italy as well,odd extinctions happen all the time ,oh well at least your not concerned about us all,or yourself.This iis not alarmist its being admitted openly extinctions happen all the time

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Gab1159

What people are doing is making this out to be a world-changing event. Maybe there were a few more NOTICED events the past few days, but that doesn't mean this is anything more than a coincidental cluster of otherwise normal animal deaths.

Here's another thing to consider:

Using the CIA World Factbook's numbers, there are roughly 6,700 human deaths in the USA alone every day. If the media started reporting these numbers (we'd be at nearly 47,000 after one week), I'm sure they could spin it into something scary as well...

"6,700 People Dead Since Yesterday"
"Scientists Probe 47,000 Deaths in Past Week"
"Death Toll Continues to Rise: 200,000 Lives Lost in June"

I'd love to see what kind of topics would pop up on ATS if the media actually started doing that. Big numbers are scary, and the media loves to use big numbers.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

ok...fair enough....but.....did those 6700 people die at the SAME moment and from the same cause??? Quite a difference you know

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm telling ya it's the internets fault get rid of it and we'll never hear about it again. Just like globalls warming it's the internet's fault. tell the government to shut this down to save the world. Or just accept the FACT THAT IT'S NORMAL!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join