It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

page: 4
77
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
its not normal at all..being crushed is not normal..neither is the same species of fish and birds dropping dead in the span of a few days

What was crushed ? and to the second part .. Yes it is, just because you do not know about it does not mean it does not happen.




posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaphun

Originally posted by primetime2123
its not normal at all..being crushed is not normal..neither is the same species of fish and birds dropping dead in the span of a few days

What was crushed ? and to the second part .. Yes it is, just because you do not know about it does not mean it does not happen.

blackbirds in Ark were crushed..those links don't show me any similarity at all to this...



posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by primetime2123
 




NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) - The deaths of 5,000 red-winged blackbirds in Beebe, Arkansas have been blamed on New Year's Eve fireworks, officials confirmed on Thursday, citing preliminary tests.

"It's looking more and more like that," said Keith Stephens, spokesman for the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. It appears unusually loud noises frightened the birds out of their nighttime roost, and they may have flown into trees, houses and other objects, the commission said in a statement.

Blackbirds have poor night vision and typically do not fly at night.

Meanwhile, wildlife officials reported other mass blackbird deaths in Louisiana, Tennessee and Kentucky.

While the deaths have sparked multiple theories, bird experts say these types of birds tend to roost at night in huge numbers, and a disturbance can easily cause some to be disoriented and collide with buildings or trees.

Also, flocks tend to be larger in the American South in the wintertime, because the southern population is augmented by birds from the north, according to Michael Seymour, non-game ornithologist with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.

Seymour said these large die-offs are "unfortunate" but "not unusual."



Melanie Driscoll, director of bird conservation, Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi Flyway, National Audubon Society said that birds like blackbirds and starlings roost in large congregations, of 100,000 or more. Compared to the size of the roost, 500 too 5,000 birds "isn't a big number," Driscoll said.

Tests on the Louisiana birds showed physical trauma, and the birds could have run into nearby power lines, said Seymour. He said the birds don't get electrocuted, but die from impact, "like running into a wall."



www.publicbroadcasting.net...



edit on 6-1-2011 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by primetime2123
 

You mean this ?
articles.cnn.com...:US

If so please send me a link where the birds are "crushed".



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Now seems like a good time to bring this point of mine back up ...



saying things like birds died by trauma without taking 5seconds to explain birds flying into # would causes internal bleeding is not helping. The mass of people get scared easy, and a scared person ability to think logically and rationally is pretty much nonexistent .



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The massive dies offs are unusual because they are happening all over the world in one year and in the new year
second something strange might happen if we let the media control us and tell us everything's ok right the media is also lying about the job recovery.


So again why should we believe what they are saying about the massive die offs?
sounds like the media might know something we don't and wont let the public even know.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
reply to post by primetime2123
 




NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) - The deaths of 5,000 red-winged blackbirds in Beebe, Arkansas have been blamed on New Year's Eve fireworks, officials confirmed on Thursday, citing preliminary tests.

"It's looking more and more like that," said Keith Stephens, spokesman for the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. It appears unusually loud noises frightened the birds out of their nighttime roost, and they may have flown into trees, houses and other objects, the commission said in a statement.

Blackbirds have poor night vision and typically do not fly at night.

Meanwhile, wildlife officials reported other mass blackbird deaths in Louisiana, Tennessee and Kentucky.

While the deaths have sparked multiple theories, bird experts say these types of birds tend to roost at night in huge numbers, and a disturbance can easily cause some to be disoriented and collide with buildings or trees.

Also, flocks tend to be larger in the American South in the wintertime, because the southern population is augmented by birds from the north, according to Michael Seymour, non-game ornithologist with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.

Seymour said these large die-offs are "unfortunate" but "not unusual."



Melanie Driscoll, director of bird conservation, Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi Flyway, National Audubon Society said that birds like blackbirds and starlings roost in large congregations, of 100,000 or more. Compared to the size of the roost, 500 too 5,000 birds "isn't a big number," Driscoll said.

Tests on the Louisiana birds showed physical trauma, and the birds could have run into nearby power lines, said Seymour. He said the birds don't get electrocuted, but die from impact, "like running into a wall."



www.publicbroadcasting.net...



edit on 6-1-2011 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

that is the poorest explanation that I have seen...fireworks..haha..it happens all the time during the 4th of July and News Years Eve all over the world correct ?? the fireworks also killed all those fish correct ?? I think you getting at that all these events are a giant coincidence..
edit on 7-1-2011 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So again why should we believe what they are saying?


Who exactly are you talking about here ? Who is saying what ?
edit on 7-1-2011 by yaphun because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
reply to post by Gab1159
 


Here's another thing to consider:

Using the CIA World Factbook's numbers, there are roughly 6,700 human deaths in the USA alone every day. If the media started reporting these numbers (we'd be at nearly 47,000 after one week), I'm sure they could spin it into something scary as well...

"


Talking about oranges and apples....

I fully understand your point. Maybe it isn't as uncommon as I previously thought so. However, I'm waiting for the official explanations. Why are they dead? As fas as I know, they're still said to be dead because of "fright of fireworks", which is laughable if you ask me.

Here are the alleged reasons:

A guy ran over a flock of birds and killed them all (the driver admitted on MSM) .laughable.
Fireworks .laughable.
Sickness .a possibility, but I doubt it. It happened too fast.
Earth's geomagnetic field distortion .Plausible, as we were in a geomagnetic storm and the geomagnetic field was messed up.
A pocket of noxious gas .Possible, and unverifiable.

The 2 reasons reported by MSM are the first two, and this is utterly stupid.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
that is the poorest explanation that I have seen...fireworks..haha..it happens all the time during the 4th of July and News Years Eve all over the world correct ?? the fireworks also killed all those fish correct ??
edit on 7-1-2011 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)


What is your explanation sir ?
No the fireworks have nothing to do with the fish that would be stupid .. and you saying something this silly is a straw man.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yaphun

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So again why should we believe what they are saying?


Who exactly are you talking about here ? Who is saying what ?
edit on 7-1-2011 by yaphun because: (no reason given)


I was responding to the thread OP not to you, so back off with the personal attacks.




Who is saying what


The mainstream media, including the news article from the thread op.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


If that's what you want to believe, then nothing I say can possibly convince you otherwise, since you're obviously going to disregard any source I bring up.


reply to post by primetime2123
 


The article gives an explanation for the birds in Arkansas that you insisted were "crushed." NOWHERE does it claim that bird deaths anywhere else were caused by fireworks.

And here's a thought for you: Perhaps this year, the fireworks happened to be set off near a roost of a birds. Last year, the birds might have been somewhere else. Birds don't just stay in one place year after year.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Ok, let's check some facts then.

So birds die by the hundreds at different times in different places regularly? Ok, I'll take that.

Now show me where this happens regularly through out the world in a short span of time.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I was responding to the thread OP not to you, so back off with the personal attacks.


What personal attack ? Are you being serious here ? Lets look at my quote in full.




Who exactly are you talking about here ? Who is saying what ?

I think you are being a little bit paranoid.


No one is telling you to believe the MSM. Why do you not try to actually figure this all out yourself. I promise a little research and you will come to a reasonable answer.
(that does not include birds flying into clocked ufos)

Although I love the clocked UFO explanation ... for realz y0.

opps I quoted him instead of me /edit
edit on 7-1-2011 by yaphun because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


If that's what you want to believe, then nothing I say can possibly convince you otherwise, since you're obviously going to disregard any source I bring up.


reply to post by primetime2123
 


The article gives an explanation for the birds in Arkansas that you insisted were "crushed." NOWHERE does it claim that bird deaths anywhere else were caused by fireworks.

And here's a thought for you: Perhaps this year, the fireworks happened to be set off near a roost of a birds. Last year, the birds might have been somewhere else. Birds don't just stay in one place year after year.






the fireworks happened to be set off near a roost of a birds




So it seems you agree with the mainstream media all die offs of the birds are due to fireworks?
you know if a birds are hit by a fireworks, there is nothing left of a the bird, sometimes it will fall but the birds remains will be burned due to the fireworks, it will be a roosted bird on the ground.

If someone wanted to roost of birds, they would come forward, if it was a prank.


Just something i would like to add.



edit on 7-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 



*sigh*

Nobody said anything about birds being hit by fireworks. The fireworks went off near a roost of birds. The birds got scared and started flying around. They can't see well at night, so they hit buildings, utility poles, etc and died from the blunt trauma.

It's not hard to understand.



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 



*sigh*

Nobody said anything about birds being hit by fireworks. The fireworks went off near a roost of birds. The birds got scared and started flying around. They can't see well at night, so they hit buildings, utility poles, etc and died from the blunt trauma.

It's not hard to understand.


And you know this because you were there?


So all the dies offs are normal? all due to trauma.


edit on 7-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   


So it seems you agree with the mainstream media all die offs of the birds are due to fireworks?

NO! stop it !
NO ONE IS SAYING THIS
They are saying the fireworks could possibly explain the ONE event.

STOP USING STRAW MAN fallacies !



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 



You've got to be [SNIP] kidding me. It's the most logical explanation. That's it. I didn't have to be there to know that it's a lot more likely that a bird would hit a giant building than it would be for a firework to hit a bird.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)


Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
So all the dies offs are normal? all due to trauma. .



Again .. no one is saying this your are using a straw man.




top topics



 
77
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join