It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Dying in front of Our eyes!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981
I have noticed for the past few mornings that the birds are full of song, and especially the seagulls. They have been very noise!!

I noticed that as well this morning. They were wide awake at 4am as I was trying to get to sleep. They were really really loud. I thought they normally wake up just before sunrise which is around 8am in the UK at the moment.

Is this normal for birds to be awake at 4am in the middle of winter? It could be nothing. Someone who knows more about birds than I do, please answer.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
I have a B.S. in biology and took several wildlife biology classes and have been an avid wildlife watcher for a very long time. I can tell you that if this has happened with birds and fish before it never made the news. I am sure that the experts really don't have a handle on what's going on right now. If the deaths were more localized it would be easier to determine the cause. I do have a feeling that it will be something fairly serious when the cause is determined. If this wasn't winter I think frogs and other amphibians would also be found dead.

localized is right and what about the species. what about this reports are that the birds hit something really hard causing blunt force trauma, thats what the experts are saying. so what if they didn't hit anything, what if they just fell dead in midair and falling to the ground causing blunt force trauma.
birds on the houses in Beebe ark , theres nothing above them to hit. they died in the air and fell out of the sky.kinda sounds like something is definitely is going on. it very well could be the core, there is reports from airports to repaint the numeric designators at each end and change taxiway signage to account for the shift in location of the Earth's magnetic north pole.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

Yep thats what am talking about the birds are out 4 A.M and pecking about like mad,magpies fighting ,the crows are no where to be seen ,like its summer.
here as link to all the latset theories and bird deaths,fishes,this is my god
www.dailymail.co.uk... ds-newsxml

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

That's a great article mate, really brings home the severity and scale of this phenomenon. Still awaiting answers. Just watched a video on You Tube that describes government personnel in what amounts to nbc suites.

Here is the video:

In time some will be able to look back and fully explain what's happened - I Hope !

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Nevermind my last post about the Robins. I just did more research and found that some of them stick around in the winter.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiseupall

Your post just reminded me of something. In August 2010 I had just completed restoration work on a vehicle, I had to take a business trip, 300 mile round trip in central New York and took that vehicle. I mention this because it had a big beautiful chrome grill and I spent hours polishing it. When I got home that evening I went to the front of the car expecting to see bugs caked on it as usually happens. There were none.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've noticed something strange with the birds in my area since late fall. I have several bird feeders around my property and have always had a multitude of birds hanging about all the time. But since the end of November, it seems they all packed up and moved away. I haven't had to refill a single feeder. Normally, during the winter months, I am refilling them almost every other day. It has been bothering me, and now with all the unexplained deaths popping up all over the place, I'm very concerned with what is happening.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
After hearing about the birds in Arkansas I noticed 2 dead robins here in my yard, the worst part is they were still warm, and where there was no cats. No blood, no nothing seemed to be wrong with them when I picked them up. They were inside my yard with a fence around it. I live here in North Carolina, So I figured maybe the birds just died from to little food since the snow had just left about 1 week ago.

But then the other day hubby and I were going to Fuquay when we saw something very strange. A big whooping crane was being chased by 2 dogs through a field, we slowed down and watched as it flew over the field real low, but instead of it continuing to go across the road it landed right in front of the car in front of me. They swerved and missed it, and I would normally think they would fly off after a close call like that but instead it settled down on the road like it wanted to sleep. I missed up by going around it, the car behind me slowed down as well, but when we came back through it was dead in the road. This tells me something was wrong with it.

But what is truly freaky is that the Robins are still here, and the killdeer are to, normally they both leave for warmer areas, but this year they are still here. I counted over 50 Robins the day before the snow hit, which was Christmas day, I figured they were all eating up good before the snow came, but still why were they here, and why are they still here? One or 2 stragglers maybe getting left behind every year, but seeing over 50 of them this late in the season is not normal.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

That was one of the coolest most unselfish gestures I have ever seen. A member of this site who does does not believe you asks for pictures and you and your wife get in the car, go back to the store, open the bag and film it. Wow. Your name should be in the dictionary under credibility, if you post a picture of a dinosaur wearing a ballet outfit I'll believe it.
S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

Strange, i was playing guitar early this morning here in eastern Canada and I heard the birds chirping. It would have been at least -10, without the wind chill. I can't remember the last time I heard birds singing in the dead of winter, maybe I'm just paranoid with all of this bird and fish death, but it just didn't feel normal to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ratisch
I've noticed something strange with the birds in my area since late fall. I have several bird feeders around my property and have always had a multitude of birds hanging about all the time. But since the end of November, it seems they all packed up and moved away. I haven't had to refill a single feeder. Normally, during the winter months, I am refilling them almost every other day. It has been bothering me, and now with all the unexplained deaths popping up all over the place, I'm very concerned with what is happening.

thats cause there all right here lol ... JK my brother took a photo this evening of about 400 birds in his yard. do not know anything as of yet.all i know at this point , they didnt fly off when he came out , still waiting for him to upload it it was taken with a cell phone , so i hope he does this soon. he lives in sw va , if i get the pic ill post it here

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
birds die...happens all the time...people are just hyper-aware and on the look out now.

If "something" is happening...it is so random to location and which birds it effects that there is no pattern at all.

When everyone in the world has dead birds in their yard...wake me up.

This is an interestiing link to an outside source that shows the mass dying of animals.
Mapping The Global Mass Animal Deaths Graveyard. Maybe you should set your alarm clock.

Prison Planet Link[
edit on 6-1-2011 by Nite_wing because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I'd like to see a little more info on when people are observing these happenings. Time of day(local), weather conditions, type of birds involved and any other odd behavior of the birds or other animals in your area.

We usually have crows and sparrows in my area of Florida along with vultures but they have been unusually quiet of absent from the areas that they usually hang out. Something is definately messing with our feathered friends in a big way.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

i don't know how related this would be, but a friend of mine sent me a message today saying that she saw a bunch of dead rabbits, a cat and a dog, all in different parts of the town we live in (which is in southern indiana, across from louisville, kentucky). strange things are going on.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

I live in Copperas Cove...we are neighbors

The birds are here...at 190 & Robertson Ave. To be precise and the HEB.

Two days ago, there was a pigeon and two warblers eating and drinking from the cat's dish on my front porch. I thought it was hilarious!! Cat food eating cat food! Too bad the cat didn't see!

Anyhow, the blackbirds and grackles (as I have posted in several other posts) number in at least the upper hundreds if not thousands. Around 7-7:e0 am they hang out on the electric wires at the intersection and in the evenings from 6-6:30pm, they hang out @ HEB.

Hope to see you around, neighbor

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ok here it is he uploaded it and sent it to me, these are baby blackbirds im guessin the temp was around 36 , and it was a little after 5. and we have a major snowstorm predicted for tonight so, anyways heres the pic. post on it if ya need to.
i told him to keep a close eye out , for any of these birds to end up on his lawn tonight.

edit on 6-1-2011 by 01010101010101 because: mistype and added a line

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Two days ago, in Asheville, NC my 2 parrots woke me up chirping really loudly, when I looked out of the window I seen literally hundreds of birds on my front lawn pecking away at the grass, these birds were all black, I think they were crows, this has never happened before, and every time I opened my window they would all fly away making the sky almost invisible and then come back. I will take a picture next time this happens, its like a feeding frenzy or something.
it looks just like the picture above but with way more birds.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Ukranianmike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
c'mon, this thread deserves much more attention.

live long and prosper

We all know about the canaries in the mines concept, don't we? This current situation is proof of that concept. In the mines it was for the detection of methane gas. As with about any gas, it condenses as it cools. Could it be that enough free molecues of methane are condensing into deadly pockets for the highly Susceptible bird population?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just a reply on the fact that people have been feeling lately. I've noticed at work everyone seems to be insane! Everyone is extremely moody. I've also noticed that I'm 100% stressed out and feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm 27 and in good shape. I wonder what's going on?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Starting to think this is going to affect multiple species. Our aunt down in Louisiana said she saw 4 dead robins in her back yard yesterday. We are entering into the times of indigenous prophecy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join