It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
We do know that the magnetic field will not simply disappear, and that even more so it is not what truly protects us from the harmful radiation coming from our sun, that is actually taken care of by our atmosphere. Even if it flips tomorrow, it biologically wont make a difference to your human body...so AGAIN why would humans need to fear this??

And for the record it is the Scientific community who states it will probably take a thousand years to complete.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Paroxysm because: (no reason given)

The problem with what you say is that it is all THEORY, no facts..
We don't know how the magnetic field works or even what produces it.
We don't know what effect it has on the atmosphere or the Earths core..

We DO know it can affect our biology so I'm not sure why you say different..
There have been many studies done on that aspect..

I'm not rushing to a bunker but I also wont accept theory as fact unless it is well researched..
ATM scientists are useing words such as "baffled or we just don't know"
That's not very convincing...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I don't know how the magnetic field works or even what produces it.
I don't know what effect it has on the atmosphere or the Earths core..

I DO know it can affect my biology so I'm not sure why you say different..
There have been many studies done on that aspect, yet I choose not to provide data links..

I'm not rushing to a bunker but I also wont accept theory as fact unless it is well researched..
ATM the MainStream Media is using words such as "baffled or we just don't know"

Fixt!

Research what scientist have found, studied, and confirmed...and stop listening to the circus-like MSM....or in HumanA's case, his crackpot textbooks from Christian boarding schools in the 60's.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Human_Alien

And, here it is in a nutshell.........the OP's true colors??:

Being an "Expert" pilot is irrelevant....

Time and again, when many many knowledgeable, educated and experienced people in many fields attempt to impart some information, to clear up the (ignorant - not an insult, just the fact) misconceptions ---- their expertise and contributions are blown off.
Most people, even at a young age, soon realize that they can stand to learn a great deal from those who have gone before them, in life and have experienced a raft of other aspects and acquired insight as a result.
But, to say that being a pilot is "irrelevant"? Or, any other field of expertise?? Instead, to continue to cover one's ears, and refuse the generous attempts at education offered??
This perpetuates the ignorance....and this thread is prime example of the sort of scatter-shot, rampant misinformation to include, by now, nearly the entire gamut of "make believe conspiracies"..... "chemtrails", "HAARP", birds "dying off" (as if it's somehow related!
).
Surprised "nibiru" hasn't been mentioned yet..... :shk:
(...or....has it??)

Off topic rant.....

I listen to experts Weed but you do tend to go overboard with irrelevant information which appears as more of an attempt at showing your knowledge rather than actually adding to a debate..

As in the case of this thread..We know why the runway designation was altered.
A 2 line explanation is all that takes..

Personally I think the thread title should be changed so it concentrates more on the reason for the change rather than the change itself..

If you'd care to explain the accelerated shift in the Earths magnetic poles I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Personally I think the thread title should be changed so it concentrates more on the reason for the change rather than the change itself..

"Tampa performs overdue maintenance, and renumbers their runways due to Magnetic Declination"?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Research what scientist have found, studied, and confirmed...and stop listening to the circus-like MSM....or in HumanA's case, his crackpot textbooks from Christian boarding schools in the 60's.

The last flip was some 780,000 years ago..
There really isn't much information as to what effect it had..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

I don't know how the magnetic field works or even what produces it.
I don't know what effect it has on the atmosphere or the Earths core..

I DO know it can affect my biology so I'm not sure why you say different..
There have been many studies done on that aspect, yet I choose not to provide data links..

ATM the MainStream Media is using words such as "baffled or we just don't know"

Fixt!

First............ loved your whip-its comment on the other thread
very funny.

I think the problem is science along with mans ego has resulted in a lot of techno-tardism throughout the planet!
(I know, here we go again)

If we put the books down and listened to nature, it would tell us everything we need to know. Why you think you're more superior to the indigneous people is beyond me!
However, seeing Man has trampled, polluted and purposefully modifying 'nature'..... I'm afraid even the Native Americans etc are at a loss now!

People think that because they are technologically superior that they have and hold all the answers. What they're failing to realize is....it's this VERY technology that has this entire planet in peril.

So stock up on those nuclear war heads.......
Fire up HAARP..............
Keep spreading those chemtrails...............
And smash those god-atoms at LCH.....
And do whatever you're doing over at AUTEC!

Just hope the PTB's DUMBs are all set up and ready for quick occupancy!

Now, does this have anything to the pole shift (at Tampa)?
Probably not.

But I do believe between what nature has in store right now and our attempt at rectifying or assisting.... might be more than this planet can handle. Rightfully so!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
How's it going over in Tampa? Airplanes taking off/landing okay?

I live south of the airport. I have noticed increased commercial traffic over my neighborhood as a result of runway closure but that is it. I live close to bay and tides all seem normal for this time of year. (overall lower tides / water levels in canals etc.) Nothing unusual.

Additionally there are two major airports within approx 15 miles of TIA. The St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (directly across Tampa Bay) and a major Military Base MacDill AFB. On Monday I plan on sending an e-mail to their respective Public Information Director/Officer inquiring how, if any, their facilities are affected in a similar way. I will advise them that I'd like to share their response to this forum and forward anything pertinent.
(Seems like Journalism 101.)

I am leaning towards this being normal albeit accelerated progression. I HIGHLY respect the expertise of the pilots here, especially Weedwhacker.

edit on 8-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: typos

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I am leaning towards this being normal albeit accelerated progression.

That's a contrary statement..
It can't be normal if it's accelerated unless you have a good reason for the acceleration..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I don't have a reason other than my spidey senses tingling, just my opinion in a DISCUSSION FORUM. But thanks for pointing that out.

Coolio?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

There is an interesting comment at the end of this article:

"Just asking: Can anyone tell me that the shift in the North Pole does in no way affect the jet stream which affects the climate around the world? Also, can you tell me about what I read so long ago - that the actual polar poles have been proven to have reversed a few times over the life of the earth, and maybe, how that explains the food found yet in the mouths and stomachs of mastodons (Sp?) in Siberia and the discovery of tropical plants buried far under the Antarctic where they could never have been grown? We would enjoy and learn from an article on the above."

I also read an article some years ago of surveyors for natural gas companies taking core samples around Wisconsin and had discovered through Geologists that their was evidence that the north pole had once been their at one time. I took a compass at that time and traced on a map the same distance from Wisconsin to where the traditional North pole is on the map and brought it around to Siberia at the same measurement. I was scoffed at on another thread for bringing this subject up and now here it is again. I've been watching the skies over these last few years and have been learning about astronomy and now astrology. I see something significant in them for what has been happening in recent years. So for the past few months, I've noticed some differences in the sky. After a few years of observing, I think I would notice a change when one happened.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
don't know if this already bin posted :S

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-1-2011 by ultraplayer because: added 1 more video

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Has anyone Google'd the other News sites about this phenomenon? All the mainstream media has said is to read the link to Nasa and the NatGeo articles about "Magnetic Pole Shifts" and treat this as a normal occurrence. When giving examples about other Airports changing runways because of this shift, they could only refer to one instance in the UK in 2009.

I believe that this phenomenon, the massive bird and marine life die off and the BP oil spill (and the fact that we are draining our planet dry of crude oil; the natural lubricant for our Earth), are all connected.

To me, this does not seem like a: "Don't be alarmed. All is well. This is a normal occurrence. Nothing harmful to humans will come of this," kind of phenomenon to me. I'm not saying go and run around in panic an chaos. However, I don't buy these explanations the mainstream media is giving.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

More like China & Japan.

You AUzzies, NZ, Southern Continent of Africa and North America would fare the best of the worst. Most if not all of Asia would be the arctic circle and from the Falkland Islands to Pitcairn Islands, Chile Argentina, Uruguay would be the Antactic.

Where I live in Tennessee, we would be where Venezuela is. (Viva Chavez!:lol

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo3
reply to post by sir_slide

More like China & Japan.

You AUzzies, NZ, Southern Continent of Africa and North America would fare the best of the worst. Most if not all of Asia would be the arctic circle and from the Falkland Islands to Pitcairn Islands, Chile Argentina, Uruguay would be the Antactic.

Where I live in Tennessee, we would be where Venezuela is. (Viva Chavez!:lol

lol, I've always thought I'd be safer from any event here in southern australia..
Just a feeling..
Live long and prosper..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo3

now I happen to think Nancy Lieder is full of crap in a grand way....But ...her followers do put up a wealth of info go to zetatalk.com/poleshift..........all kinds of news and links of magnosphere not like the magnetosphere simulator you proly heard of....they are wacked and they think its the end but any way you get the point.....I just think all is hyped because we have the wealth of info instantly at our fingertips....nut there you go

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Weedwhacker debunks everything. whacker please leave us to discuss this without your lengthy debunking.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Yes, I remember that. It disrupted radio also.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It's interesting about the Chilean quake and all of this.. The shift would put the south pole around Chile & Argentina.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ok here is your Air Traffic Control perspective. If the magnetic poles were to shift that drastic to cause a rwy redesignation then it would be felt all over the world. There is a threshold where the runway number is good...if it goes past that then the runway numbers need to be changed.

Chances are...the data that was being used was outdated and someone finally found that it was out of tolerance by a tenth of a degree and a flight check was conducted and the runway closed until it was re-numbered.

So stop freaking.... Because if there was a true drastic magnetic variance shift trust me....it would HALT all air traffic all over the world...not just affect the numbering of one runway....

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join