It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Backinblack...

do you follow any logic whatsoever? or are you merely retorting for the fun of it?

I fail to see how some one who can use a computer and has somehow come through an education system, cannot complete research on their own - or if you are, you are looking in the wrong areas - the internet for example - free exchange of INFORMATION, whether ANY of that info is accurate, is again, another matter entirely.

wikipedia is not a legitemate source, nor was "cystal links" nor are MANY - some have whisps of fact, some plainly do not, nay 60% of the information on the web. The web is not a place to be schooled, school is a place to be schooled, university too! should you feel the urge to learn the intricate ins and outs of the world - get an education, become inundated by the esoteric nature of what you are talking about - then you will see how difficult it is to answer "black and white" questions, when there are potentially millions of unique outcomes..

I cannot post links from my year 12 physics course to show you what we, as a western nation understand to be that basics or intricates of physics... i wish i had the time, but i don't - I had to go to school and learn these things, so i didn't have to rely on a source such as the internet.

What does Mass media teach you? nothing, what does TV teach you? Nothing, what does the internet teach you? Nothing. If you want a question answered, go to the SOURCE. A University, college, library.. anything where people have to be skilled in order to answer a question.

I'll continue looking in on this thread to see how "some people" would rather argue fiction and their imagination's view, than come to the same conclusion which the rest of the species has already arrived at..... After all, i can go back to my physics book and re-read all of this, but it is non-consequential as i am not afraid these "magnetic anomolies" have any abnormal effect.

again

dynamic universe, dynamic planet....

roll with it and stop worrying. Stress is the leading killer in the world believe it or not (cumulatively speaking).. (aside from neurotic meglomaniacs... :-P)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
we at least did a little "READING" prior to making our assertions

Is that the Royal 'we' or the snobbish condescending 'we'? Since I don't see your crown, I presume the latter

I cannot post links from my year 12 physics course to show you what we, as a western nation understand to be that basics or intricates of physics... i wish i had the time, but i don't - I had to go to school and learn these things, so i didn't have to rely on a source such as the internet.

Just as well... because all that old school physics is being rewritten these days anyway

What does Mass media teach you? nothing, what does TV teach you? Nothing, what does the internet teach you? Nothing. If you want a question answered, go to the SOURCE. A University, college, library.. anything where people have to be skilled in order to answer a question.

Well that might work for some main stream ideas... but I have seen some Ph.D.'s lately making some very stupid comments. They are not always right either... in fact I have posted several comments from these august learned ones that say "baffled" "we don't know" "presumed" "possibly" etc... so please get off hat arrogant high horse your on and stop insulting other posters intelligence. We don't do that here

After all, i can go back to my physics book and re-read all of this,

Well if I were you I would toss out that old physics book and try to catch up with the modern world
Heck even Einstien was wrong... (google THAT if you don't believe me
)

Stress is the leading killer in the world believe it or not

Well then you should relax a little... put down that old physics text your thumping and live a little

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

edit on 10-1-2011 by zorgon because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

the dynamo theory.....really.....and who the fog knows what happened 4.55 and 3.434 million years ago. I just threw in some humor
I mean really keep it real all of you
edit on 10-1-2011 by mike184ever because: adding content

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

I cannot post links from my year 12 physics course to show you what we, as a western nation understand to be that basics or intricates of physics... i wish i had the time, but i don't

Odd, you had enough time to post that rambling reply but you haven't enough time to post any facts.??

And if you bothered to read all my posts you would see that I don't believe this is the end of the world.

I just think it's worth watching and learning the why's..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever

the dynamo theory.....really.....and who the fog knows what happened 4.55 and 3.434 million years ago. I just threw in some humor
I mean really keep it real all of you
edit on 10-1-2011 by mike184ever because: adding content

Have I said anything unreal??

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

please tell us laypersons about the Dynamo Theory....and relate it all into about a nearmiss which took place on Dec.28th which is responsible for what is going on . Go on tell us

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i don't have a crown, i wish i had one like in your avatar! is that a self portrait?

so i should put down what i learned, 8 years ago in year 12?? considering, if i did that, id have no career!

karl jung and Freud are the grandfathers of psychology, that doesnt mean they are gospel, but they provided a solid base to start from, which is the psychology we use today.

nothing different in hard sciences.

but hey, maybe we should all forget what we know and were taught, because Zorgon has a better idea!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

please tell us laypersons about the Dynamo Theory....and relate it all into about a nearmiss which took place on Dec.28th which is responsible for what is going on . Go on tell us

Actually I would love to hear your theory as you seem so well informed

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

What Dynamo theory and what near miss??
I haven't mentioned either except to post a quote from a source another member posted..

Maybe ask them..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

edit on 10-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
i don't have a crown, i wish i had one like in your avatar! is that a self portrait?

Yeah... and pretty close too

so i should put down what i learned, 8 years ago in year 12?? considering, if i did that, id have no career!

Why does a psychologist need physics?
But yeah put down the book and step away. By now if you haven't learned what is in that book, your career is shot anyway. Time to get into Quantum physics which is on the verge of proving that Magic is real

karl jung and Freud are the grandfathers of psychology, that doesnt mean they are gospel, but they provided a solid base to start from, which is the psychology we use today.

Yeah well shrinks have been trying to tell us we are crazy for years... and if that doesn't work, shove em into an assylum, put em on drugs or cut out a few lobes of gray matter

So it's a good thing that psychologists put down their old text books too, don't you think?

Heck even Stephen Hawking has changed his mind about wormholes and time travel... Physics is changing at a fast pace... I bet Einstein falls before my time is up

but hey, maybe we should all forget what we know and were taught, because Zorgon has a better idea!

Indubitably

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You're a gem mate :-)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The only reason I love being a Psychologist is that you can contribute to or create new ideas which leads to a new and exciting hypothesis. This will directly affect those who require "help" or assistance and of course, those who are hearing it, must have an open mind as here.

as you say, put down the old and forge anew!

Only problem is, I cannot "put down" something i never picked up... wish i could, but im afraid im stuck in my "old school" method of thinking, that is, until a new source is released.

At least with psychology, everything is on the macro scale (patient wise) and strategies implemented can be observed almost immediately taking effect, not having to use scientific hardware etc...

hence why i'm in

SOFT SCIENCE!

edit on 10-1-2011 by FeralMonkeyMagic because: spellinggg hur durrr

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

At least with psychology, everything is on the macro scale (patient wise) and strategies implemented can be observed almost immediately taking effect, not having to use scientific hardware etc...

Psychology is one of the faster changing sciences..
Whatch what you do today, it may have affects tomorrow

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Psychology is one of the faster changing sciences..
Whatch what you do today, it may have affects tomorrow

more like "be cautious, but don't allow caution to stop you from living" ;-)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

more like "be cautious, but don't allow caution to stop you from living" ;-)

I was talking about your patients,
not you

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

sorry Dude must have been to one you were talking to my bad...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

No worries mate.

I actually find it amazing how little we know..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
ok so ive been reading thru these, and i thought of one huge issue i think your all missing, if its just the megnetic north pole that is moving, then at what point will the crust and mantle that is loaded with metals follow in its wake? im no science whizzz but the theory fits, does it not? move a magnet past some metal and it tries to follow.....

Just a thought

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
ok so ive been reading thru these, and i thought of one huge issue i think your all missing, if its just the megnetic north pole that is moving, then at what point will the crust and mantle that is loaded with metals follow in its wake? im no science whizzz but the theory fits, does it not? move a magnet past some metal and it tries to follow.....

Just a thought

If that were the case then all metals would be pushing towards one pole..
But in essence the magnet field is very weak..Hence we need them compass thingys with a light weight arrow balanced on a pivot..

If the field was as strong as you suggest then I could just hold up a hammer and be dragged north..

Hail free energy..At least one way

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join