It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks. That looks like interesting reading.

It almost seems they knew more back then (even as far back as the Mayans) than they do now. Wait, who am I kidding? They absolutely knew more back then (4000AC) than science knows now only, we don't know how to interpret their warnings.....er, writings.

How's it going over in Tampa? Airplanes taking off/landing okay? Let me know how the skies are if you don't mind because I suspect some Khemtrialing this weekend.
(I want to see if I mis-spell that word if that won't trigger our resident debunker Mr WW).

Or with the wonders of the internet, you can actually check yourself.

flightaware.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm thinking that the jet's flight path was probably adjusted due to changing wind patterns. We had a pretty strong high pressure system sitting just south of us, and that usually changes the winds to off-shore. Why it was so low still kinda baffles me. We hear jets here more often than we used to, but my father, his neighbor, and I all took notice about this one. It was oddly low. No news reports on any outlets as to any problems, so I'm supposing that its either the wind/weather or it was flying into Salem(?). Although I don't even know if Salem has an airport that can handle a liner.

One thing I did notice, and made mention of at the time, was the lack of contrail. That's when I first saw how low it was. Maybe PDX has had to change it's runway designations, without the MSM getting wind of it. I do know that in the past couple of years there has been a whole lot of construction at PDX, and they were "fixing" one of their runways recently, as well.

My people are eagerly awaiting your people to call!

Anyone who can make it is invited...just be nice, and bring something to share...like a potluck!

edit on 8-1-2011 by TolanIsMaximus because: quote didn't work so well.

edit on 8-1-2011 by TolanIsMaximus because: i messed up the quote

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TolanIsMaximus

I am trying to think back to what your post was in relationship to. Are you talking about the low flying planes? Are you the same person? You're over in Tampa, correct?

Lack of chemtrails.....?....since when? When was the last time you noticed activity?

It WAS quiet over here (West Palm Beach) for a good year up until last Sunday. We had an occasional Chem-Fest (like a few planes for a couple of sporadic hours throughout the year) but last Sunday was the busiest I've seen since Haiti earthquake circa 2010.

So I am diligently keeping my eye out this weekend.
Not sure if I'm expecting to see planes falling, birds dropping or the 'regular' chemtrail graffiti. Man, given the three options, chemtrails seems the most inviting. Go figger..............

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever
Again I say I thought the earth moon and other planets were hollow

Nah... it's more of a dimensional thing... but that is for another thread

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

where is the Admiral Bird thread

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Just wondering how come no one has actually produced evidence to show the pole movement is causing these animal deaths? That would hold some weight here instead of all the assumptions that the pole moving is the cause.Feel free to share that info with us we would love to see it.

Perhaps you missed the posts?

Earth's Magnetic Fields May Be Causing Bird and Fish Die-Off
www.suite101.com...

Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10270921#pid10270921

www.t2conline.com...

Birds can 'see' the Earth's magnetic field - 30 April 2008

It has been debated for nearly four decades but no one has yet been able to prove it is chemically possible. Now good evidence suggests that birds can actually "see" the lines of the Earth's magnetic field. Klaus Schulten of the University of Illinois, proposed forty years ago that some animals - including migratory birds - must have molecules in their eyes or brains which respond to magnetism. The problem has been that no one has been able to find a chemical sensitive enough to be influenced by Earth's weak geomagnetic field. Now Peter Hore and colleagues at the University of Oxford have found one. Cryptochromes are a class of light-sensitive proteins found in plants and animals, and are thought to play a role in the circadian clock, in regulating plant growth, and timing coral sex. A few years ago, Henrik Mouritsen of the University of Oldenburg in Germany showed that they were present in the retinal neurons of migratory garden warblers, and that these cells were active at dusk, when the warblers were performing magnetic orientation.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
It is odd..The more I research on the net, the more I see things have been removed..
It's almost like some history is being deleted..

Yeah I get that a lot... I find something interesting while looking up a topic... and store it for later when I have time. But when I get back to it, the info is gone. I use the wayback machine a lot and have noticed a disturbing trend. Websites and pages that are missing were removed between Jan and June 2008...

Some of them I even get messages that say 'no access, blocked by robot' and other similar messages that show even the internet archives have been blocked.

It happens so often now that I note the removal date when I find an old page copy
edit on 8-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever
where is the Admiral Bird thread

Admiral Byrd and Operation Highjump
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Entrance To Agartha Found?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You can't get more official than this folks!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an expert in airport re-designation so I am not sure if this is a common occurrence. I suspect not.

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/5/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title

I can tell you're no expert. Being a pilot, I know that this isn't too uncommon of an event. It happens every few years once the shift at any given airport changes enough. I do not remember what the rule is regarding how much the designation has to differ by before it must be redesignated. Runways are in relation to their magnetic direction rounded off to the nearest 10 degrees. The airport that I do a lot of flying out of changed the runway designation back in 2008.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle12345

You can't get more official than this folks!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an expert in airport re-designation so I am not sure if this is a common occurrence. I suspect not.

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/5/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title

I can tell you're no expert. Being a pilot, I know that this isn't too uncommon of an event. It happens every few years once the shift at any given airport changes enough. I do not remember what the rule is regarding how much the designation has to differ by before it must be redesignated. Runways are in relation to their magnetic direction rounded off to the nearest 10 degrees. The airport that I do a lot of flying out of changed the runway designation back in 2008.

Being an "Expert" pilot is irrelevant my friend because soon enough that homeless, uneducated man who panhandles at the crossroad down here on Dixie Hwy.... will know what's what soon enough too!

So thank you for pointing out my short-comings of not being an expert on the thread-topic that I anxiously just wanted to share.

Happy flying. Say,can you stick out a Mason jar next time you're up there and grab a little artificial cloud for us to examine? You're expertise piloting will be much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Human_Alien

Human Alien - but you are posting paranoia all the same.
When logical explanations are offered you get upset.

Does a rational explanation not fit your paranoia?

Do you want pretty explanations or (perhaps) the ugly truth?
You decide.

Logical arguments, not paranoia, would suffice.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Human Alien - but you are posting paranoia all the same.
When logical explanations are offered you get upset.

Does a rational explanation not fit your paranoia?

Do you want pretty explanations or (perhaps) the ugly truth?
You decide.

Logical arguments, not paranoia, would suffice.

Truth doesn't need to be argued.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I just told someone else, but if anyone on here needs to go do more of their own research, it is you HumanA.

ngdc.noaa.gov...
ngdc.noaa.gov...

Declination, and magnetic pole reversal is normal on this planet. Because it is probably overdue, you very well may witness it happen in your lifetime. Please stop this fear mongering, you are starting to get under my skin like QuestioningAll used to do with all of doom-n-gloom sh*t she used to peddle.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Paroxysm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

I just told someone else, but if anyone on here needs to go do more of their own research, it is you HumanA.

ngdc.noaa.gov...
ngdc.noaa.gov...

Declination, and magnetic pole reversal is normal on this planet. Because it is probably overdue, you very well may witness it happen in your lifetime. Please stop this fear mongering, you are starting to get under my skin like QuestioningAll used to do with all of doom-n-gloom sh*t she used to peddle.

SO, you can tell us exactly what will happen if/when the poles reverse.??
That will ease our worry..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

If you went and researched a little your could probably find the answers to your question. How about we start in FAQ's....oh, there ya go:

ngdc.noaa.gov...

8b. Is Earth's magnetic field going to reverse? While we now appear to be in a period of declining magnetic field strength, we cannot state for certain if or when a magnetic reversal will occur. Based on measurements of the Earth's magnetic field taken since about 1850 some paleomagnetists estimate that the dipole moment will decay in about 1,300 years. However, the present dipole moment (a measure of how strong the magnetic field is) is actually higher than it has been for most of the last 50,000 years and the current decline could reverse at any time. Even if Earth's magnetic field is beginning a reversal, it would still take several thousand years to complete a reversal. We expect Earth would still have a magnetic field during a reversal, but it would be weaker than normal with multiple magnetic poles. Radio communication would deteriorate, navigation by magnetic compass would be difficult and migratory animals might have problems.

Do your own research, I've even provided links.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

When I went to school in the 1960's, we were taught that:
1. The earth's poles were fixed and stable, except for minimal wandering;
2. The (differing) Magnetic North Pole coordinates found by James Clark Ross in 1831 and by Roald Amundsen in 1903 were both wrong due to primitive inaccurate technology; and
3. The all-new coordinates found by Paul Serson and Jack Clark in 1947 were correct.

We also were taught that:
1. The Earth's geography was fixed and stable, and the planet's rivers, coastlines, mountains and plains were the same as they were at Earth's creation;
2. Early maps showing otherwise were simply incorrect due to primitive inaccurate technology;
3. There had been only one Ice Age in the entire history of the world; and
4. The Earth's climate was fixed and stable.

Scientists who suggested otherwise were considered to be complete crackpots - shunned by the scientific community and dismissed by the educational system - including everyone from Agassiz to Velikovsky. Children and ordinary people who suggested that things like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions often changed the landscape, sometimes dramatically, were told such events were anomalies - and their observations were ignored by educators, scientists and politicians.

The ages of the Earth (and Universe) also were considered "scientific controversies" - just forty years ago. Even today, many teachers tell their students that the Bible is right: the Earth and universe are only 5-6,000 years old. And the "controversy" has been renewed.

These fictions - about pole shifts, the earth's geophysical instability, climate change - were maintained despite evidence and logic to the contrary. In part, our politicians did not want to go up against Christians and question the Bible - so they avoided the issues, and the expense of re-writing the textbooks. More importantly though, "The Western PTB" are driven by the fear that change and truth can only result in panic, anarchy, nihilism and riots in the streets.

TWPTB operate on the assumption that people are easier to manipulate and control if they believe the Earth and its climate are fixed and stable, along with real estate values, jobs and the economy. Here in the West, our culture and economy were built on the fiction that all change is positive. That every movement is a forward one, and everything we do leads to "progress." The Western mantra became, "Don't worry, be happy. Think positive." As a result, the Western psyche is ill-prepared to recognize negative change, and even less able to accept and deal with it.

As I recall, this official "world view" was modified in bits and parts and jumps and starts, slowly, over the last 40 years, starting the 1970's and only after a Geophysical Conference brought Milankovitch's theories to the fore.

soficrow

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Do your own research, I've even provided links.

I and many others have and there is NOTHING to say what will happen..

Also your assesment of it taking thousands of years is not neccessarily true..

It's been shown that at one stage the poles moved 80 degrees in 13 days.
At that rate a complete flip would take less than a month...

We KNOW nothing about what would happen..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We do know that the magnetic field will not simply disappear, and that even more so it is not what truly protects us from the harmful radiation coming from our sun, that is actually taken care of by our atmosphere. Even if it flips tomorrow, it biologically wont make a difference to your human body...so AGAIN why would humans need to fear this??

And for the record it is the Scientific community who states it will probably take a thousand years to complete.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

And, here it is in a nutshell.........the OP's true colors??:

Being an "Expert" pilot is irrelevant....

Time and again, when many many knowledgeable, educated and experienced people in many fields attempt to impart some information, to clear up the (ignorant - not an insult, just the fact) misconceptions ---- their expertise and contributions are blown off.

Most people, even at a young age, soon realize that they can stand to learn a great deal from those who have gone before them, in life and have experienced a raft of other aspects and acquired insight as a result.

But, to say that being a pilot is "irrelevant"? Or, any other field of expertise?? Instead, to continue to cover one's ears, and refuse the generous attempts at education offered??

This perpetuates the ignorance....and this thread is prime example of the sort of scatter-shot, rampant misinformation to include, by now, nearly the entire gamut of "make believe conspiracies"..... "chemtrails", "HAARP", birds "dying off" (as if it's somehow related!
).

Surprised "nibiru" hasn't been mentioned yet..... :shk:

(...or....has it??)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
We do know that the magnetic field will not simply disappear,

Well now that's just silly.

Flipping and disappearing are two different things.
When you try this hard to press a point, your desperation shines.

Why is it so hard to just say "Gee, we don't know what's going on or what might happen?"

And if you NEED to say anything at all, how about prefacing it with "in my opinion'. ???

Humility is a good thing. Try it.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join