It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I posted this in an earlier post, but here it is again..

Runway designations change over time because the magnetic poles slowly drift on the Earth's surface and the magnetic bearing will change. Depending on the airport location and how much drift takes place, it may be necessary over time to change the runway designation. As runways are designated with headings rounded to the nearest 10 degrees, this will affect some runways more than others. For example, if the magnetic heading of a runway is 233 degrees, it would be designated Runway 23. If the magnetic heading changed downwards by 5 degrees to 228, the Runway would still be Runway 23. If on the other hand the original magnetic heading was 226 (Runway 23), and the heading decreased by only 2 degrees to 224, the runway should become Runway 22. Because the drift itself is quite slow, runway designation changes are uncommon, and not welcomed, as they require an accompanying change in aeronautical charts and descriptive documents. When runway designations do change, especially at major airports, it is often changed overnight as taxiway signs need to be changed and the huge numbers at each end of the runway need to be repainted to the new runway designators. In July 2009 for example, London Stansted Airport in the United Kingdom changed its runway designations from 05/23 to 04/22 overnight.

wapedia.mobi...

Take note of this, but this has happened in the not so distance past in England. So this may not happen at other airports, but as you can see it has happened before.
edit on 7-1-2011 by tsurfer2000h because: added link

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yeah it is. Thank you for the kind words! I've gone and taken a look and you're right - the text is small. I've changed this, let me know what you think.

Thanks again! Means a lot!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just wondering how come no one has actually produced evidence to show the pole movement is causing these animal deaths? That would hold some weight here instead of all the assumptions that the pole moving is the cause.Feel free to share that info with us we would love to see it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Just wondering how come no one has actually produced evidence to show the pole movement is causing these animal deaths? That would hold some weight here instead of all the assumptions that the pole moving is the cause.Feel free to share that info with us we would love to see it.

There ya go
I knew you had it in ya!

I think for one, how would one prove it?
It's not like this is a weekly event where we'd know the warning signs by now.

Here's a thread my friend HunkaHunka just put up.
Moving Magnetic North Pole May be the Cause of Mysterious Bird, Fish & Crab Deaths
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There might not be 'proof' (like a finger print) but there's a LOT of discussion, media/internet attention and speculation and some times, that may be enough!

Let me toss your (good) question back to you now. Prove the animal kill-offs AREN'T happening due to the magnetic shift.
Fair?

Thanks in advance tsurter

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Shall we discuss whether the TSA are patting down the workers over there while they're (as the poster recently chimed in with....) PAINTING the runway?

I am pretty sure they aren't going to use tape on the runway, so paint would be the most sensible thing to use.

You certainly aren't bringing anything to the table.

Why because I don't agree with your way of thinking.

And I admit, I've run out of "Yes, you're right" about 20 pages ago.

Okay

You're up.........add something. Don't bust my chops just to make a post. Be more constructive.

If you think I am busting your chops, then you ave an interesting way of thinking. Be more constructive you say.,how about this you start showing evidence to back your comments up and I will be more constructive.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Here's another informative page my friend willcoverting designed with lots of links helping to sort through all these events:

Covert News

So I hope no one is thinking this isn't being talked about just because Glen Beck hasn't brought it up (or has he?)

reply to post by willcoverting

Much better. Thanks man!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

The Poster, who... I'm poking fun of (in a nice way) thought this thread was about painting the runways.
Not readjusting them. He thought the readjustment was the conspiracy.

Now, stay with the class tsurfer and keep your eyes on your own paper!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This was on the front page of Yahoo News:

news.yahoo.com...

It is basically the same article, but it is now main-streaming. No speculation on anything that might be correlated.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Here's another informative page my friend willcoverting designed with lots of links helping to sort through all these events: Covert News

So this blog is a place to get info on this subject?

Then this should interest you..

"This is really not the unusual thing that people are trying to make it into," said Robert Meese, an avian ecologist at the University of California, Davis. "A lot of this stuff happens without anyone documenting it." Dramatic die-offs are most common in animals that congregate or travel in large groups.

And now this is interesting..

Migratory birds, for example, often become disoriented by fog or storms, causing them to run into towers, bridges, wind turbines and trees. On their long journeys, migratory birds may also accidentally ingest pesticides or even poisons that were left specifically for them. Weather can work against them, too, particularly if they migrate too soon in an unseasonably cold year.

Records kept by the United States Geological Survey list at least 16 die-offs of more than 1,000 blackbirds or starlings over the past 30 years, said Marisa Lubeck, a spokesperson for the USGS in Denver. But group deaths among animals have been going on for a lot longer than that.

news.discovery.com...

So am I to believe someone that says this...

The South Pole doesn't exist to anyone outside the government

The south pole doesn't exist, well then someone needs to tell the scientists at the South Pole telescope that they are somewhere that doesn't exist...

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny but by the looks of this picture the South Pole does in fact exist. So with that being said I would have to wonder about things that were on that blog. That is just me.

edit on 7-1-2011 by tsurfer2000h because: added link

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
MOD NOTE:

Please stick to the topic of the magnetic north pole changes at airports and leave the bird dropping angle to the other threads on ATS devoted to that subject.
Further bird posts can and will be removed.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Yup,nothing to worry about really...its not like we need electricity to survive...everything is going to be dandy...yup yup.

Quite true... electricity is just a useful tool
. I do quite well with oil lamps though I do have a generator and fuel handy to keep my freezers going if the shift hits the fan

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by Muzeam
It's in the Nature of our Solar system to do this every 24,000 years I believe.

Actually, it's believed the last one on Earth was 700,000 years ago

Funny thing... but about 20 years ago I read some articles that gave the time for reversals at 20-25,000 year intervals. This was based on the alignment of iron molecules in layers of sand in Aboriginal fire pits. It's really odd that I cannot find any reference to those studies now.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Funny thing... but about 20 years ago I read some articles that gave the time for reversals at 20-25,000 year intervals. This was based on the alignment of iron molecules in layers of sand in Aboriginal fire pits. It's really odd that I cannot find any reference to those studies now.

It is odd..The more I research on the net, the more I see things have been removed..

It's almost like some history is being deleted..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Pffft! For the pilots.....

Well personally I think they paint those big white numbers on the runways because, according to a NASA study that they tried to suppress, too many pilots are drunk all the time while flying and they need those big numbers to find the runway..

Hey don't yell at me NASA did the study and congress had to force em to release it... I guess they were afraid that people would be scared of flying if they knew how many pilots were drinking on the job

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey don't yell at me NASA did the study and congress had to force em to release it... I guess they were afraid that people would be scared of flying if they knew how many pilots were drinking on the job

lol, had to star that factual post..
But are you infering that weed..........nah, you wouldn't do that.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I thought you all would like this. Newly posted news about the air port and pole shift. news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpsdasnake
what else does it do besides generating radio waves?

Along with the OTHER similar installations around the world and in conjunction with EISCAT it can throw up a replacement shied around the Earth... funny thing... that feature seems to work on being a missile defense shield as a 'side effect'

But hey that is for another thread I already did.
But it can also create some awesome Aurora's

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
So why hasn't something happened before?

Big Bang at the atomic lab after scientists get their maths wrong

A £2 billion project to answer some of the biggest mysteries of the universe has been delayed by months after scientists building it made basic errors in their mathematical calculations. The mistakes led to an explosion deep in the tunnel at the Cern particle accelerator complex near Geneva in Switzerland. It lifted a 20-ton magnet off its mountings, filling a tunnel with helium gas and forcing an evacuation. It means that 24 magnets located all around the 17-mile circular accelerator must now be stripped down and repaired or upgraded. The failure is a huge embarrassment for Fermilab, the American national physics laboratory that built the magnets and the anchor system that secured them to the machine.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I would call THAT 'something'
and related to magnetism

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpsdasnake
dude,you really gotta do a little more research.

You quote wikipedia and tell him do do more research?

Here this is just for you....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Finally, this piece of news make it to the mainstream media....I'm quite surprise

S&F for ya.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join