It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God did it !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Haha - you sir, are a comical mastermind, and at best, an extremely obvious troll. Thanks for making me laugh.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What are you talking about? I edited my post already, it's now in about 4 or 5 blocks. You must've not have checked it. I dont know if it's important, go read it for yourself.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

No I thought I said thank you for changing it. As I go back now I don't see it. Anyways I will say it again, that's much better and thank you for do'in that.

No hard feelings?
edit on 29-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh, well I saw

So I take it you're not going to edit that solid block of letters then? So I can read it with out getting a head ache.? No biggy most likely nothing of substance in it anyway
so I figured you didn;t notice I changed it. Anyways, no problem.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Then there's those who have been dead for days, and literally when they are about to get an autopsy, magically spring back to life. Funny thing is, with one they talked about God or the light, which sent them back. Then I wonder, why would anyone who was supposed to be and was dead for days, magically wake up on the autopsy table and make that claim? The first minute their back on Earth they want to become famous and make a story to get some TV time with media coverage? I just think there is more to it. Like i've stated before, im not placing a bible in front of my face for defense, or any religion, just factual stories I have read and found interesting, or at least two of them.

I don't know about this. Coming back after days? The first thing I would be think'in about is some damned In n Out?
Hmmm cheezeberger..........
edit on 29-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

we can't explain it so god must have done it , do you still believe in santa to

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Man I've known about that one, must be go'in on 3 or 4 years now. kickass scro !

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
OP: Science hasn't proven what you claim.

And it's "thermodynamics".

Just thought i'd point that out.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Deran because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by randyvs
The first law of thermaldynamics:
" energy is eternal"..

Why are you putting quotation marks on your own slightly distorted paraphrasing? The first law of thermodynamics is the conservation of matter and energy, meaning that neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed.

Science has proven the universe didn't always exist.

In its present form. It always existed in some form if the first law applies prior to the Big Bang, which we're not entirely sure of.

Wheather anyone likes it or not the Bible supported this claim long before science got around to proving it.

They had a 50/50 chance on the issue. Either the universe was eternal or it began to exist. Not much of a big deal when they could have tossed a coin on the matter. And when you weigh that against everything else it gets wrong (the entire order and timeframe of creation, the moon as a light, the sun going round Earth, Earth being flat, global flood, etc), it's not all that impressive.

So if the universe didn't always exist, but the energy with in it is eternal. There must be another factor that involves the energy of the universe. Seeing that the energy that is infinite would have to be introduced to the universe being finite.

What? Now you're just mixing up terms. You're using nonscientific terms like 'eternal' alongside mathematical terms like 'infinite'. 'Infinite' is in relation to measurements of quantity. An infinite amount of something. Now, you're getting into areas of science that are purely the realm of theoreticians. We aren't sure if the energy existed or not prior to the big bang or if the concept of before or time actually applied until the event happened.

You're obviously trying to imply that this energy had a source. So what was the source for this source? And the source for the source of the source? Etc ad infinitum.

Granted this source could be just as stupid as any car battery. Seems a totally illogical assumption given the order of things in the universe. The absolute precision of this existence. There is handywork that can be seen in everything. Design to everything we see, smell, touch, taste and experience

No, there is an appearance to our hominid minds that have an uncanny pattern recognition system that still kicks in when we see things that are clearly undesigned. Or have you not spent a lazy afternoon staring at the clouds and pointing out which clouds look like what?

There also isn't too much precision. Studies have shown that the universe could exist in its present form without one of the fundamental forces of the universe, namely the weak force.

And what order? Please show me an element of design anywhere in the natural world.

At this point what is the simplest explanation for these facts to make any sense at all?

That there was either a naturalistic prime mover or other incredibly simple event that kicked off the universe.

What is the one most simple answer, staring you in the face at this very moment?

A naturalistic prime mover? Maybe a quantum event in the singularity? Maybe the collision of two membranes. I mean, they're all pretty simple.

I heard something about the most simple answer, is usually the right answer, somewhere I think.

That's a skewing of Occam's razor. The principle is that the most simple form of an appropriate explanation that accounts for all of the circumstances is the one we must use.

God did it.

Is not the simplest answer because it posits a being more complex than the thing that is being explained. How is infinite complexity simpler?

This was the most enlightened post on the entire thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1

Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something out of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound.

If the Absolute is the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters out parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Deran

Well said.

It's thread end time.

If you havn't noticed already; the OP of this post is an obvious troll and provokoteur. There is no intellectual content here.

Read some of the user's responses in this thread and the Original Poster responses. you'll soon realise there is nothing to be had of interest here.

Thanks for the laugh OP,

Good day,
A&A

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Rustami

I ask sincerely because very little of what you referenced made the first bit of sense to me.

~Heff

absolutely amazing, thanks

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.-John3

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.-6

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.-3

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I PROTEST AGAINST ANY AND ALL ATTACK THREADS ON RELIGION, ATHEISM, CREATION OR EVOLUTION!

THESE ARGUMENTS ARE USE AND WORTHLESS!

I HOPE OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
YAWN, ,SIGH, LAUGHTER...

[color=cyan]ANOTHER laughable and remedial thread by randyvs where he thinks he has conquered the truth of the universe, life and beyond by revealing his fairy tales views from a single primitive, epic fail of a book called the bible to be true over science, reality and actual confirmed and tested facts and evidence.

Using his so-called "facts", "evidence" and "sense" :LOL: to shatter scientists and professionals everywhere!! Until, of course, replies come to which are clearly beyond his level of comprehension and knowledge to which he resorts to the usual flinging of insults and nonsense to cover his incompetence and ability on the subject matter.

You may be a "clever" on the Christian forums elsewhere online randyvs, but here on ATS there are educated folks here to contend with. They are way above your level, you are clearly outmatched bud.

I do not know whose threads give me the most sore sides from laughing and headaches from eye-rolling between he and Oliveoil when they post these threads that he arrogantly thinks has all the answers.

Aw boy, gotta love it!!
:Lol:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by randyvs

we can't explain it so god must have done it , do you still believe in santa to

Nice one... short and sweet, and to the point!!

Stellar reply!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Randy's a good guy and has the bollocks to post threads and take the knocks from his fellow ATS members without complaining. Not only does he not complain, he laughs in the face of the atheists who are queuing up to try and belittle his ideas. Just in this one thread, there are comments that go against the T&Cs. 'Laughable and remedial' is a good example.

I'm atheist/agnostic and have more respect for Randyvs than I have for the people using atheism as an excuse to try and kick his ass. More importantly, this SOB has made me laugh more often than any other ATS member with his writing style. He's got character.

It's fair enough to post a few challenges and just as easy to stay on the right side of respectful.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
YAWN, ,SIGH, LAUGHTER...

[color=cyan]ANOTHER laughable and remedial thread by randyvs where he thinks he has conquered the truth of the universe, life and beyond by revealing his fairy tales views from a single primitive, epic fail of a book called the bible to be true over science, reality and actual confirmed and tested facts and evidence.

Using his so-called "facts", "evidence" and "sense" :LOL: to shatter scientists and professionals everywhere!! Until, of course, replies come to which are clearly beyond his level of comprehension and knowledge to which he resorts to the usual flinging of insults and nonsense to cover his incompetence and ability on the subject matter.

You may be a "clever" on the Christian forums elsewhere online randyvs, but here on ATS there are educated folks here to contend with. They are way above your level, you are clearly outmatched bud.

I do not know whose threads give me the most sore sides from laughing and headaches from eye-rolling between he and Oliveoil when they post these threads that he arrogantly thinks has all the answers.

Aw boy, gotta love it!!
:Lol:

All posts are arguing about the same ethic which all people have created by the faith of themselves internally which is the positive power of self and others!

People have created language, science, maths themself by thinking of the people of their country and the surroundings around them. We learn in order to understand! This is our knowledge of understanding.

Everything we have achieved has been by assisting others and the enviroment which is our positive self for the surroundings we live in.

Religions have been taken out of context due to the different beliefs or interpretation within passages of the bible and other beliefs. They all have the one common thread which relates to us all being positive entitys. All cultures believe in this thread which leads us to the afterlife or spiritual domain.

This is fact! If people respected eachother for who we are in this ethic and could talk with eachother in respect realizing that we are all in the same boat of life, comments which have been delivered to one another would cease.

It's approaching the time when all people will think alike for the goodwill of each of us. Certain religions will think only theres is right and this will cause defragmentation at first. Countrys will do the same.

WW3 will be a religious war which will effect every living soul on Earth. When this has concluded, all people will realize we are all positive spirits in life and death.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Hey! I like Zeus also, like what he did to Chronos. I like Diana, and her daughter Aradia the best, and her human representation here on Earth, before she was murdered. Mother of all Gods, and all Gods kneel before Her awesome presence.

It is said, and written that Diana was raped by Lucifer, and the Gods deemed that he was to give all power to the daughter, Aradia. So the Devil has no power at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randyyyyyy, nooooooo, you're falling into the god of the gaps trap!! You've clearly been gone from the O&C forum for too long to fall into such an obvious trap

I mean, what you're doing is filling a gap in knowledge with a mythical explanation without having any evidence. It's called argument from ignorance.

This clip summarizes it nicely

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah its nice to think the most simply answer is the usually the right one, but that's not true if you apply it to situations other than simple problems. I couldn't really grasp what you were trying to say OP.

But I have always thought when watching famous sportsmen/women, gamers,comedians and things of the sort. People who are grate it there game whatever that may be, that there is a limited/set amount of energy for certain things on Earth. So when, say tiger wood starts playing poor thus losing his energy its now up for grabs and another individual may fill that space or harness the energy that works well in that area. Some people may dominate more of that particular energy, but the point is it keeps balance....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join